• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Hmmm so theres no clan support for ps4? I really need to get some gaffers added to my friends for release. I need people to share legendary gifts with!

If anyone wants to add me my psn is same as gaf name.

v0mitg0d

Nope. But I've played X-Men Legends II, the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. Oh, and Gauntlet Legends. There are probably a few more I am missing.

This was fun to watch for a bit! I was leaning towards the Female Crusader, so it helps that you're playing as that one.

Thanks for hang'n out! Yea the crusader is a blast, and I really like the female crusader VO work.

Chucker

Gonna see if my local place has it tonight. Don't have anything to import since I played D3, and ROS on PC.

Part of me says go Monk again, other says do a wizard.

I'm encountering a small bug, a little annoying but not game breaking, the subtitles after a period of time won't display although the option is checked. I tried to check/.uncheck but I have to exit to the main menu and reload for them to display again.

Dahbomb

Is there a healer class?

If not I'm debating Wizard or Witch Doctor.
Monk has a lot of dedicated heals and is the closest to being a Healer class. Breath of Heavens heals everyone around him in a burst of heal, Mantra of Healing provides a passive heal as well as a protective shield, Inner Sanctuary provides healing/defense in a particular area and Serenity can be used on allies as well with a particular rune. Crusader has some team heals/protection as well.

That said there is no need for a healer class in this game. Every character is responsible for their own healing. When you pick up a Health globe it applies to everyone in the party.

all are viable except for monk and witch doctor
Woefully incorrect statement.

Every class is "viable" in this game and by viable I mean being able to farm Torment 6 efficiently. Some classes are better than other but not to the point of one class being non viable.

Witch Doctor are in fact 2nd best class in the game (1st is Demon Hunter) or tied for first.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is there a healer class?

If not I'm debating Wizard or Witch Doctor.

Monk has a heal ability that affect you and nearby players on cooldown. Really though, its not that type of game as everyone has their own set of survivability skills and well, you spend more time bashing enemies regardless than forming any real team dynamic.

Monk has a heal ability that affect you and nearby players on cooldown. Really though, its not that type of game as everyone has their own set of survivability skills and well, you spend more time bashing enemies regardless than forming any real team dynamic.

The Monk has several abilities that case buffs on the party, so I think of that class more in regards of offense/support instead of just straight-up damage-dealing.

Dahbomb

you spend more time bashing enemies regardless than forming any real team dynamic.
The only team dynamic that used to exist was Monk support + DPS class or some sort of character who specialized in crowd control/buffs. Monk support used to be over powered... you could play literally a ZERO DPS Monk and still be a huge asset to the team thanks to Exploding Palm, Cyclone Strikes, Santuary etc.

In general though team structure doesn't really apply although it's better to have a balance (like some characters doing burst damage, some characters with buffs, crowd controls, some characters who tank up at the front). The exception being pet classes like DH and WD because they are able to do just about everything (pets tank for them, they have crowd control, they have burst) which is they are the two best classes in the game right now.

Chucker

What is even going on with this Monk hate? My monk was righteous the last I played him (2 months ago). I was damn near invincible. Got up to I want to say paragon level 300 with him.

What is even going on with this Monk hate? My monk was righteous the last I played him (2 months ago). I was damn near invincible. Got up to I want to say paragon level 300 with him.

People who have to be the best of the best just know that Monk can't be the best of the best. Normal people can play any class very successfully.

Chucker

People who have to be the best of the best just know that Monk can't be the best of the best. Normal people can play any class very successfully.

Bump all that minmaxing. I'd rather have fun than play with a calculator. I did that mess enough in WoW.

Loonz

Long time Diablo 3 gamer (PC version). ATM the best class hands-down is witch-doctor. No matter whether you play pets or Jade set, you're going to be the main dmg dealer on every group for sure. Only shotgun crusaders and turret DHs can get close to WDs (I've seen crusaders doing insane dmg, insane).

I've made 1 billion crits with my Jade set. With lots of Elite dmg bonus, Harrington Waistward (belt) bonus (doubles your dmg output straight away, insane), and BBV bonus of course xDDDD (last one isn't really needed for the billion crits tbh). All of this just with 950k dps.

All of this talking about the current state of the PC version, before the 2.1 patch.

I'd really like to buy the PS4 version to play the game easily on my big screen with better graphics than on my laptop, but for some reason I don't understand it seems like Blizzard doesn't really care for us PC players. Dunno why I cannot transfer my current characters from the PC to the console, I mean, all data are stored on Blizz servers anyway, it should be a trivial thing to do. I'd really appreciate they allow us PC players to do this, and they would sell another copy of the game, it's a win-win for everyone here.

Sadly, it looks like I've going to have to keep playing the PC version for the foreseeing time...

EDIT: best supporting class IMO is monk, the build called Z-DPS monk. The monk does little to zero dmg, but it pulls together and debuffs enemies to an insane point, so the rest of the group can easily nuke'em. Once a couple of enemies explode (previously tagged by the monk), it starts a chain reaction that will cause all tagged enemies in the surroundings to explote as well. I've seen elites being nuked in mere seconds in torment 6 whenever there's a monk in the group xDDD. Unfortunately, I've heard Blizz is going to nerf this amazing build (that turns all the players into killing machines), and WDs in general in the 2.1 patch :_(.

Duallusion

Lost my DIII X360 save (60 barb, 60 wiz and dh at around 30) when I sold the console but I think I'd go from the beginning either way in UEE. There's new trophies to be earned and new/upgraded features to enjoy.

Is it tuesday yet? How about now? Now, maybe?

Dahbomb

best supporting class IMO is monk, the build called Z-DPS monk. The monk does little to zero dmg, but it pulls together and debuffs enemies to an insane point, so the rest of the group can easily nuke'em. Once a couple of enemies explode (previously tagged by the monk), it starts a chain reaction that will cause all tagged enemies in the surroundings to explote as well. I've seen elites being nuked in mere seconds in torment 6 whenever there's a monk in the group xDDD. Unfortunately, I've heard Blizz is going to nerd this amazing build (that turns all the players into killing machines), and WDs in general in the 2.1 patch :_(.
Monks in the current patch are broken (as in absurdly over powered). There's something called Greater Rifts in 2.1 and they go up to 100 levels. Under normal circumstances, no class should be able to clear GR 50 but Monks can solo to 100 where monsters health and damage is so high that the game is unable to process the values (literally). That's thanks to stuff like Exploding Palm, Furnace, Rimeheart and CDR stacking Serenity allows them withstand trillions of damage while also dishing out trillions of damage themselves. They have since then removed skills and items that scale with enemy HP which means that those items/skills are nerfed. Exploding Palm is still good though.

WDs are about the same in 2.1, they just lowered the armor gain on one of the skills. They are still at least 2nd best class. The main problem in 2.1 is that higher GRs makes Jade set weaker because you need survivability and sustained damage... high burst damage doesn't cut it. That's why some people also use pets but pets die pretty fast in GRs even with the new pet gem. DHs are far away the best class in 2.1 because not only did they get a bunch of buffs.... their skill set is most suited for higher GRs because their Sentries are invulnerable killing machines.

Monks are the worst class in the game but it's not by some huge margin. No matter how tight the balance is, some class will be the best and some class will be the worst.

Leaderboard rankings as of the yesterday for the most recent 2.1 patch:

Monk

001. --- 34 --- 11:11
010. --- 33 --- 14:23
050. --- 31 --- 14:16
100. --- 30 --- 13:59

Barbarian

001. --- 36 --- 11:11
010. --- 34 --- 12:12
050. --- 31 --- 13:07
100. --- 23 --- 14:38

Crusader

001. --- 37 --- 11:30
010. --- 34 --- 13:17
050. --- 31 --- 13:20
100. --- 29 --- 12:27

Demon Hunter

001. --- 40 --- 13:06
010. --- 37 --- 13:48
050. --- 34 --- 11:35
100. --- 33 --- 12:28

Witch Doctor

001. --- 38 --- 12:51
010. --- 32 --- 10:05
050. --- 30 --- 12:17
100. --- 29 --- 13:51

Wizard

001. --- 37 --- 10:47
010. --- 35 --- 13:52
050. --- 33 --- 14:25
100. --- 31 --- 12:10
1st rank highest Greater Rift clear
10th rank highest greater Rift clear
50th rank
100th rank

As you can see Monks are actually pretty close to the other classes with the exception of the #1 rank. Demon Hunters are ahead of every class in every parameter.

ZenaxPure

Eh, all the talk of class balance doesn't matter much. There are certainly rankings on which class is the best or worst, but every class has options to reach the highest difficulty in the game to the point where RNG (rift density/mob types) matters more than the class itself. I find talk of which class is the best or worst pointless and way overstated: just pick the class you find the most interesting and you will have a viable progress path to reach the "endgame." Like really, I have every class in basically the best gear possible right now (missing a few pieces here and there but it's not a big deal outside my wizard, but fuck my wizard at this point) and I do Torment 6 stuff every day on my characters (as I've mostly been doing bounties lately just waiting for the patch to come out).

People are too dramatic with the ranking talk, the classes are not far enough apart where you should avoid playing one because it is weaker than any other class.

I have a quick question. I was playing Diablo III vanilla again on PS3 to get back into it, and I'm looking for some ingredients, though I don't know exactly what they are. I'm way late in my playthroughs (Post-Inferno) and the smithy can make some insanely pricey rings for me. But each one requires three ingredients I've never seen before. He only needs one of each, but I get the impression that they're super-rare. Does anyone know what they are and how to get them? One looks like a demon-tail or something, if that helps.

Dahbomb

People are too dramatic with the ranking talk, the classes are not far enough apart where you should avoid playing one because it is weaker than any other class.
Agreed on this, just putting out the facts so people know. I saw a bunch of "Witch Doctors/Monks are bad' statements and had to say something about that. Some people still seem to be stuck in vanilla D3 mentality.

Korben

Banned
Pre-ordered it on amazon.fr ; i should received it for the release day (at least, that's what amazon told me).

I wanted a PS4 game in order to wait Destiny (9th September, hurry up !) and this was basically TLOU vs Diablo 3. I chose Diablo 3 when Blizzard confirmed that PC updates would reach console version (sooner or later). TLOU will be mine later.

I played Diablo 3 (PS3 version) severals times with three others friends, the local coop is pretty good and i liked the game, even if graphism and framerate on PS3 were a little disappointing.

All of this to say: i caved in, GAF.

Number45

Edit: Wrong Thread. Woops but to add actual content relative to this thread -

So how many people are jumping in clean with no previous D3 console save?
Yep. Have three classes at 60 on PS3 (all on PC) but I like the journey so I'll be levelling them all again. ^_^

Kyoufu

The only thing I'll miss going from PC to PS4 is Rift It Forwards, which Blizzard are removing from the game in 2.1 anyway.

Going to miss those T6 Rift Guardian kills for 100 blood shards. I wonder if I'll be able to reach Torment VI before Destiny comes out.

Not sure about the console versions, but for the PC version I think this is true. I think.

PC version is stored on battle net. Console is stored locally hence character transfers from last gen to current gen consoles. It's also the reason console version is not getting seasons/leaderboards.

Owari

Nope.

As for nothing transferring, if you own the previous console versions, you won't lose your save. Hell there is even cross-platform / cross-generational transfers from the 360 to even the PS4

It's not like Reaper of Souls is some unsubstantial update anyways. Also difference between patch revision 1.0.8 PS3 / 360 to 2.0.6 is significant as it is.

I mean, from PC.

I have a quick question. I was playing Diablo III vanilla again on PS3 to get back into it, and I'm looking for some ingredients, though I don't know exactly what they are. I'm way late in my playthroughs (Post-Inferno) and the smithy can make some insanely pricey rings for me. But each one requires three ingredients I've never seen before. He only needs one of each, but I get the impression that they're super-rare. Does anyone know what they are and how to get them? One looks like a demon-tail or something, if that helps.

hellfire ring quest-

you gotta play inferno: kill the keywardens in each act- open the door in tristram-fight the random bosses that show up ad hope they drop all the ingredients to make the ring-

usually requires multiple keywarden runs

ZenaxPure

Agreed on this, just putting out the facts so people know. I saw a bunch of "Witch Doctors/Monks are bad' statements and had to say something about that. Some people still seem to be stuck in vanilla D3 mentality.

Nah, I think your post is a great example on the state of things. While there is a ranking for each class, it's not as big of a gap as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Honestly 2.1 is just going to make the game weirder because every class is going to have more T6 options, it's just that T6 is no longer the meta-game goal posts (as that will be Greater Rifts). If you're not someone who is obsessed with being at the absolute top of a leader board but still value being able to do T6 pretty much every class is going to be in a "good place."

Top Bottom