• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Mediatik

Just wondering I rolled with a wizard on PC but I'm tired of that build , i was interested in barbarian but they seem to get so much hate for being weak ... Did they fix the barbarian or is it still impossible to play inferno with them ?

Curufinwe

I agree it is one of the things that should be standard with digital purchase. If they won't give price discounts letting digital play a couple of days early would be a nice free perk.

They're not going to do store updates on the weekend.

Bittercup

Some questions:
Do normal 360 Diablo 3 saves work for UEE 360 version? Don't see mentions about this in the OP.
The FAQ comments that last gen versions have framerate issues, does that mean they have more issues than the normal last gen Diablo 3?
Yes, the UEE will automatically recognize your save file and use it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023/pick-your-platform-keep-your-save-8-5-2014#sameplatform

Does anyone know if the cinematics are horribly compressed, artifacty and glitchy like they are on PS3 or are they done properly now?
I wouldn't count on it. Blizzard generally uses horrible video compression on PC as well and on their other games like Starcraft, too. Since the UEE in a single language version is only 16GB according to Blizzard I would expect the same low video quality.
It's especially disappointing because the cinematic are usually in amazing quality on the bonus Blu-rays of the Collector's Editions.

Just wondering I rolled with a wizard on PC but I'm tired of that build , i was interested in barbarian but they seem to get so much hate for being weak ... Did they fix the barbarian or is it still impossible to play inferno with them ?

There is no inferno anymore. And I see plenty of barbs in higher torments

IvorB

I don't find them to be terribly compressed (on PS4) but I find the animation to not be really smooth.

Hmmm... will try before I buy I think.

I wouldn't count on it. Blizzard generally uses horrible video compression on PC as well and on their other games like Starcraft, too. Since the UEE in a single language version is only 16GB according to Blizzard I would expect the same low video quality.
It's especially disappointing because the cinematic are usually in amazing quality on the bonus Blu-rays of the Collector's Editions.

Really? I was pretty pissed off when I saw them on PS3. Diablo has always been known for the jaw-dropping cinematics so to see them look like a low quality YouTube video in the actual game is a travesty, especially with a whole blu-ray to hold them. I honestly would have passed on it if I had known. I can't believe it's the same on PC.

Gonna see if I can rent this first. Man, I miss Blockbuster so much.

Smidget

What's the best class for a newbie? Played some Diablo 1 back in the day but not really an RPG player at all. Excited though and will preorder for PS4 today :)

Number45

There's no more normal,nightmare,hell,inferno. Monster scales to your level and you have multiple difficulties:

Normal, Hard, Expert, Master and Torment I-VI.
Do you still have to play through multiple times to level up? Need to read up on this.

Bittercup

Really? I was pretty pissed off when I saw them on PS3. Diablo has always been known for the jaw-dropping cinematics so to see them look like a low quality YouTube video in the actual game is a travesty, especially with a whole blu-ray to hold them. I honestly would have passed on it if I had known. I can't believe it's the same on PC.

Gonna see if I can rent this first. Man, I miss Blockbuster so much.
Yeah I don't get it either. They are one of the best in the industry in regards to those cinematics and then don't care about the video quality at all.

Alefas

Neo Member
I played a lot of Diablo 3 when it first came out. I played again a bit recently and it is like a different game, much much improved.

I am thinking about getting the PS4 version. To the people that played a lot on the console version already: How is the inventory management in comparison to pc (and changing skills)? Is it easy or a pain? Also, has anyone (of those that got it early) tried the remote play with Vita yet?

njean777

Silly question, if i set up Diablo 3 as auto download will it download even if the PS4 is turn off? (Of course plugged in and connected to the internet)

Need to leave it on standby mode, it should automatically download as long as it is in standby.

I played a lot of Diablo 3 when it first came out. I played again a bit recently and it is like a different game, much much improved.

I am thinking about getting the PS4 version. To the people that played a lot on the console version already: How is the inventory management in comparison to pc (and changing skills)? Is it easy or a pain? Also, has anyone (of those that got it early) tried the remote play with Vita yet?

You have radial menus for the equipment and skills, and you can change tabs by pressing L1/R1. It's pratical and easy to use.

Here's an example (from the eurogamer review).

iyRyN7T.jpg

There's no more normal,nightmare,hell,inferno. Monster scales to your level and you have multiple difficulties:

Normal, Hard, Expert, Master and Torment I-VI.

So if you finish the game on normal, its up to you to choose hard on the next difficulty playthrough?

Do you get more experience and better loot for playing on Hard/Expert and Master?

Edit: ok saw that table now

X-Frame

So I didn't know what D3 was before a few weeks ago, but my brother did and he pre-ordered the PS4 version. We both have our own PS4's but from the videos I've watched this seems like a game I'd play a lot of.

If we play together cooperatively on his PS4 when together, could I also take my character on my own PS4 when I play alone (using his disk?)

Kyoufu

So I didn't know what D3 was before a few weeks ago, but my brother did and he pre-ordered the PS4 version. We both have our own PS4's but from the videos I've watched this seems like a game I'd play a lot of.

If we play together cooperatively on his PS4 when together, could I also take my character on my own PS4 when I play alone (using his disk?)

I believe so, yes.

They completely overhauled the difficulty system for the game.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Difficulty#PC_Difficulty_Levels
So for someone new to the Diablo scene, although I've enjoyed other similar games like Torchlight and Titan Quest, what would be the best difficulty to start on? I'll be playing it with my brother, and we both enjoy a good challenge in our games. Should we start on Expert, or would Hard be better for our first characters?

Number45

So for someone new to the Diablo scene, although I've enjoyed other similar games like Torchlight and Titan Quest, what would be the best difficulty to start on? I'll be playing it with my brother, and we both enjoy a good challenge in our games. Should we start on Expert, or would Hard be better for our first characters?
If it's anything like vanilla, at least when I've levelled a barb, the first 20 levels on normal are actually pretty challenging. After that point you face roll pretty much to inferno!

If you can choose act and difficulty any time thought, start where you want and adjust on the flu.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Edit: Wrong Thread. Woops but to add actual content relative to this thread -

So how many people are jumping in clean with no previous D3 console save?

Curufinwe

Did you play Baldurs Fate Dark Alliance on PS2? Or Champions of Norrath?

I will be. About 1000 hours across 2 characters in PC version, though. Actually looking forward to the new features.

X-Frame

Did you play Baldurs Fate Dark Alliance on PS2? Or Champions of Norrath?

Nope. But I've played X-Men Legends II, the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. Oh, and Gauntlet Legends. There are probably a few more I am missing.

yesh twitch crashed. stream is back up!

http://www.twitch.tv/eatgames

This was fun to watch for a bit! I was leaning towards the Female Crusader, so it helps that you're playing as that one.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Not sure how things pan out with the expansion changes, but on PS3 last year, I mainly played either Expert or Master 1 for a balanced challenge. I think all this is different in the UEE version though, but normal was very boring, unless you can maintain engagement with feeling way overpowered for the 15-20 hours it takes to finish the campaign, you'll want to step it up from the getgo. Master 1 was great for exploration and mobs, but bosses were far too strong(1-2 hit kills with lowbie gear at that point) and I dropped down a difficulty to face them before jacking it back up right after. Just a bit too extreme of a difficulty hike.

I quit the vanilla PC release after Act 2 launch weekend because Normal was way too simple and the idea that the 'real experience' begins after unlocking Nightmare and above difficulty was patronizing and disrespectful of my time. At least this has been fixed in the console ports thankfully which is why I really enjoyed the PS3 version all the way through last year.

UEE seems way too easy even on Hard now though. So you may want to go up another rank higher when starting fresh if you don't want to just annihilate everything and feel some need for survival. This thread will be filled with difficulty talk next week though when the game hits.

OmegaDL50

Probably me, but I'm very familiar with the game so I'll acclimate to whatever changes rather quickly.

Owari

So is there any way to get this game at a discount for PS4? Not trying to rebuy a game I played years ago at full price, especially
Since nothing transfers.

elhav

Just ordered it.

It's my first Diablo, and it looks pretty damn awesome.

Do you guys recommend a starting class for a newbie in the genre?

OmegaDL50

So is there any way to get this game at a discount for PS4? Not trying to rebuy a game I played years ago at full price, especially
Since nothing transfers.

Nope.

As for nothing transferring, if you own the previous console versions, you won't lose your save. Hell there is even cross-platform / cross-generational transfers from the 360 to even the PS4

It's not like Reaper of Souls is some unsubstantial update anyways. Also difference between patch revision 1.0.8 PS3 / 360 to 2.0.6 is significant as it is.

Top Bottom