• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

darkwing

I would advise against Demon Hunter. They're fun to play but just too many ways to get trapped in a corridor and die regardless of difficulty level. You really rely on movement to survive unless you got really lucky with gear.

true, i always pick up stuff just to pay for the repair because you just die when you are trapped in walls with lasers

Ok so here's my DH, think I'm ready for the Torment levels? I aint the toughest that's for sure :p

10636532_10152742446698140_6964346858457172493_o.jpg

Torment 2 is calling you. Maybe even 3. Also, why not crit chance on that quiver?

Ok so here's my DH, think I'm ready for the Torment levels? I aint the toughest that's for sure :p

10636532_10152742446698140_6964346858457172493_o.jpg

DPS looks good. How are your total life and defenses, specifically, damage reduction %? If it's under 60-65% you might be a bit too squishy and could end up dying a lot. I'm sure you could run T1/2 fine, though.

Navy Bean

Grimløck;127501484 said:
got another akkhan piece. have an extra helm and boots. still looking for soj if anyone wants to trade.

What is an Akkhan piece? I have a SoJ that I don't use. Not sure of the stats but I think it is Dex and has 29% damage against Elites.

Maybesew

Anyone have suggestions on the best class to try and get to 70 on hardcore? I'm usually way too aggressive and charge into situations, so I'll need to try and calm down a bit.

Torment 2 is calling you. Maybe even 3. Also, why not crit chance on that quiver?

Have rolled a few times for it, just haven't gotten it yet.

DPS looks good. How are your total life and defenses, specifically, damage reduction %? If it's under 60-65% you might be a bit too squishy and could end up dying a lot. I'm sure you could run T1/2 fine, though.

Dunno exactly, I know I'm pretty squishy although I can take a few hits on Master at least.

HORRORSHØW

What is an Akkhan piece? I have a SoJ that I don't use. Not sure of the stats but I think it is Dex and has 29% damage against Elites.

the akkhan pieces are the set armor for the crusader. it provides a nice set bonus, namely having your akkhan champion cooldown halved. if you want to trade, let me know.

As a DH you'll never be able to take hits to the chin often

Yeh my tactic up until now has pretty much been DPS coz I figured it's the area that DH's shine in. You can die easy if trapped but as long as I stay mobile I'm normally ok. That said though I haven't even tried torment though so I might not be as quick as I think :p

Navy Bean

Grimløck;127502792 said:
the akkhan pieces are the set armor for the crusader. it provides a nice set bonus, namely having your akkhan champion cooldown halved. if you want to trade, let me know.

Sure, it'll give me an excuse to start a Crusader. I'm Ferrolla33 on PSN. Won't be on for 3-4 hours, though.

if I beat story mode on hardcore mode do I unlock it for non hc mode?

Playing nonHC with the wife, but playing HC by myself and have some friends coming over soon and we want to just jump into adventure mode asap

I have gold and Flawless Royal Gems (limited but enough to help a few gaffers out!) add me and I'll in game mail you either one or both.

PM me what you want and I'll in game mail it to you.

PSN Frost-Fiend

Do it again!
=p

Barbarian, then. Picking a class with survivability on HC isn't a bad idea.

I was debating between Witch Doctor and Barb. I actually like Witch Doctor enough that I'd use it as an alt in softcore. Since I only have to do HC with one class for the HC trophies, I guess I'll roll Barbarian.

Voidance

Grimløck;127502792 said:
What kind of build are you running on your Crusader? I'm curious!

Xevren

Anyone have any idea how fast one can level up via the apprentice dealio? Wondering if it would be faster to have a friend help level you up if they're 70 and mass kill as oppose to normal and just do it for them. I hate leveling to 70.

Maybesew

Anyone have any idea how fast one can level up via the apprentice dealio? Wondering if it would be faster to have a friend help level you up if they're 70 and mass kill as oppose to normal and just do it for them. I hate leveling to 70.

Last night I was in a Torment rift with some randoms when 1 of them decided to start a level 1 barbarian. When we were done with 2 rifts, he was level 30.

abundant

What's the deal with rifts? Do you just go in, kill the guardian, and then close it? Trying to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

Do not close the rift once you defeat the guardian. Keep exploring until you get to the end because you have a higher chance of finding legendaries in Rifts. I average between 1 and 4 legendaries per Rift.

Jagxyz

So is PSN in maintenance now or what? I get immediately booted out of a game whenever I try to quick match.

Also, how does the "find game" thing work, and why is it only available when offline?

What's a Rift and how do you get into them? Is it a Torment Difficulty thing only? What's the purpose of them?

I'm still learning everything about Diablo, whenever my family takes over the PS4 for Netflix or other media stuff I'm here reading threw spoiler free stuff so I can learn more about this game.

ZangBa

With Signet Bounty and all skills active, DPS is at 956k. With Stone of Jordan it's 845k. But yeah, 27% extra damage to elites is nice.

Don't follow the DPS on the character sheet, it doesn't factor in important things. Even with just the elite damage bonus, SoJ is likely to be much better regardless of stats. With elemental damage and other stats factored in, it's MUCH better.

While possible, I doubt that. Elite damage and elemental damage are quite nice, especially when stacked with items of similar properties

Elite Damage has allowed me to push through hardcore mode with my "eff a build I play how i want" Crusader (28% how much would the ring add to that?) . I want better legendaries but i'm making due with what i've got..is it better to farm torment and hope for the best drops or steamroll at a lower difficulty in the rifts for legendaries?

Top Bottom