• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

buffed stats. t6 is very doable, even without soj. the main problems are wallers in an indoor map with small corridors.

BwKK6teCAAA0qkh.jpg:orig

Toki767

He's kind of right, though. In a childish sort-of way.

"NO, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

I mean the part in Act 5 where he tells you to meet him somewhere, then flies off, leaving you to deal with all the demons, then comes back, wipes the demons out, and asks you what's taking you so long. And then he does it again lol

blackflag

I finally got an RROG from a cache. I still don't have any set items except one offhand green item.

Should I be doing rifts for best chance or something? I'm just not sure what to do next.

Grimløck;127529366 said:
buffed stats. t6 is very doable, even without soj. the main problems are wallers in an indoor map with small corridors.

solo or with a group?

I finally got an RROG from a cache. I still don't have any set items except one offhand green item.

Should I be doing rifts for best chance or something? I'm just not sure what to do next.

Rifts, rifts and more rifts

That's essentially right.
Basic damage, Your abilities will do percentages of that (remember that's includign crit rates and such too so if an ability has a built in crit rate it's not EXACTLY the same but for the most part that math is right), then elemental and other bonuses, which are additive with themselves but multiplicative with other bonuses.

So it'd be like
Basic damage. * modifier built into the skill * sum of modifiers of the skill (IE: 10% hydra damage) * Sum of elemental bonuses * elite bonus if elites * whatever else (IE: power pylon, bonus vs undead, stupid random things).
Thanks. Knowing I'm starting to get a handle on the math makes me happy. lol

I was actually mostly thinking about the UI though. Unlike the Toughness and Healing ratings listed under the character pic, Damage seems pretty straightforward, and more to the point, the "X% weapon damage" listed in the skill descriptions refers more or less directly back to the Damage stat. Unlike Toughness and Healing, it's not built with voodoo math; it's basically a straight multiply-average.

The other thing I was wondering about was the possibility of listing the skill- and element-modified damage directly in the skill description. i.e. listing the current/modified 296% weapon damage for Arcane Hydra, along with the base 245% WD. That would help with the "How do I even know what this gear does?" issues, methinks.

I just joined my friends game while he was in act two and now I can't return to my point in act five. Am I fucked?

No, just select campaign and then pick the quest/checkpoint you were on. You *might* start a little behind but you should still have the last quest saved.

Andrew.

Banned
Oh God thanks so much guys. I was about to have a coronary.

And I have no idea why because I don't have PLUS but I can join parties now

SkylineRKR

You got RORG in a rift?

Hmm no, it was different. It was right after the rift ended. It was in the cache I got after clearing act 1 on Master online. Was sort of surprised because I only get shit loot. It was a good roll though, Dex etc. I'm DH.

Anyone know what I'm getting at here?

I'm not familiar with the PC version but when you assign a skill/mod in the description it will say something like "does nnn% of weapon damage as (element)"

That's with advanced tool-tips on, might not say that if it's off I don't recall.

Nere

Guys a really stupid question that I want an answer though to put an end to an argument. While playing with my gf she was needing a gem to roll a socket on a ring and she was saying oh I need the orange gem, I was like what orange gem there are no orange gems and turns out she meant the Topaz gems, the int ones.

I was telling her they aren't orange they are yellow and it was driving me insane that she was saying they are orange all the time when they are clearly yellow, but she was saying girls can see more colors than guys and some stuff I have no idea.

So in summary please give me your answer so I can find out if I am blind or not, Topaz gems are they yellow or orange?:D

Incarmine

Banned
I mean the part in Act 5 where he tells you to meet him somewhere, then flies off, leaving you to deal with all the demons, then comes back, wipes the demons out, and asks you what's taking you so long. And then he does it again lol

What I got out of that part is that he just wants to be friends with you but he's being so awkward about it.

Not true most likely, but amusing to imagine.

Kyoufu

Guys a really stupid question that I want an answer though to put an end to an argument. While playing with my gf she was needing a gem to roll a socket on a ring and she was saying oh I need the orange gem, I was like what orange gem there are no orange gems and turns out she meant the Topaz gems, the int ones.

I was telling her they aren't orange they are yellow and it was driving me insane that she was saying they are orange all the time when they are clearly yellow, but she was saying girls can see more colors than guys and some stuff I have no idea.

So in summary please give me your answer so I can find out if I am blind or not, Topaz gems are they yellow or orange?:D

Diablo Wikia says yellow and I'm going to have to agree. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Topaz

Vire

I gotta say, this game seems to have one of the nicest communities I've seen in quite some time. The willingness to help and generosity I've experienced is quite refreshing. Someone just straight up gave me 30 million gold after I played with them for a bit.

I gotta say, this game seems to have one of the nicest communities I've seen in quite some time. The willingness to help and generosity I've experienced is quite refreshing. Someone just straight up gave me 30 million gold after I played with them for a bit.

How do you get that much gold without the AH? lol

Yeah I'm gonna attribute this to being on console. Not that there aren't nice people playing on PC, but... I mean people would boot my friend out of pub games for not having enough DPS. In Torment III. Yeah.

How do you get that much gold without the AH? lol

Doing T3 rifts I can make about 10 million in an hour. Acquiring gold is very easy in this game

SkylineRKR

Gold goes rather quickly. I only had about 100k yesterday and am sitting on 2 million now, after only a few hours of rift farming. Didn't even notice until I looked.

Only that jeweler bitch.

Gold goes rather quickly. I only had about 100k yesterday and am sitting on 2 million now, after only a few hours of rift farming.

Only that jeweler bitch.

Oh, yes. At level 70, crafting and especially enchanting get VERY expensive, VERY fast. The good thing is it takes almost no effort at all other then playing the game to amass a large quantity of gold. Just wait till they patch in 2.1 and "The Vault"....

Andrew.

Banned

Did you change your PSN name? I still got you as HoboWheels but you aren't showing up on my buddy list.

Vorheez

Grimløck;127529366 said:
I don't mean to be rude, the question purely comes from a place of curiosity...

But where the hell do you find all the time to play Grimløck? I remember the absurd amount of hours you had put into Warframe and you have obviously put plenty into D3 since it came out. I envy you.

HORRORSHØW

I don't mean to be rude, the question purely comes from from a place of curiosity...

But where the hell do you find all the time to play Grimløck? I remember the absurd amount of hours you had put into Warframe and you have obviously put plenty into D3 since it came out. I envy you.

working freelance has its perks.

Surbii

Banned
My friend says the PC version tells you which item is better in general by a percentage. Is this in the ultimate edition?

Daigoro

I'm not familiar with the PC version but when you assign a skill/mod in the description it will say something like "does nnn% of weapon damage as (element)"

That's with advanced tool-tips on, might not say that if it's off I don't recall.
That did the trick!

Thanks a bunch, that helps a lot. Not sure if I turned advanced tool tips myself or if they are off by default, but I'm definitely going to leave them on now that I know whatTthey do.

hydruxo

I'm still amazed at how regularly I'm playing this game. Alot of times my interest in games fizzles out after a playthrough or two, but the end game stuff in D3 is just so much more fun than the campaign anyways. Right now this is probably my favorite game I've played in 2014, and to think I almost skipped on buying this to just wait for Destiny haha.

Grimløck;127534103 said:
maybe in about 2 or 3. the gf wants to head out to get some stuff.

Cool.

Standard operating procedure, add everyone on GAF and then never play with them. The game is so much better with a full group IMO. With the party buffs they give you, why the hell not?

Vire

Cool.

Standard operating procedure, add everyone on GAF and then never play with them. The game is so much better with a full group IMO. With the party buffs they give you, why the hell not?
Haha, at least we get free legendaries from everyone! I get like three legendaries a day in my mailbox from GAF alone.

My friend says the PC version tells you which item is better in general by a percentage. Is this in the ultimate edition?

No, they replaced the percentages with triangles. Green means increase, red means decrease. The number of triangles (max of 3) shows the approximate changes.

It's really dumb.

Top Bottom