• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Rizzi

I'm still amazed at how regularly I'm playing this game. Alot of times my interest in games fizzles out after a playthrough or two, but the end game stuff in D3 is just so much more fun than the campaign anyways. Right now this is probably my favorite game I've played in 2014, and to think I almost skipped on buying this to just wait for Destiny haha.

Getting loot is addictive.

Daigoro

I'm still amazed at how regularly I'm playing this game. Alot of times my interest in games fizzles out after a playthrough or two, but the end game stuff in D3 is just so much more fun than the campaign anyways. Right now this is probably my favorite game I've played in 2014, and to think I almost skipped on buying this to just wait for Destiny haha.
Same here. I am so hooked right now. Really loving this game.

I played the 360 version and got burnt out so quick, wasnt even sure I was going to buy this game. I got sucked into the hype by a friend and I'm glad I did. The expansion and all of the tweaks they added really amped up the fu factor for me.

This game is great.

BokehKing

Banned
What happened to gifts, I use to receive them and use to pick them up and send them out, I have 70 something friends, most of them from here who play Diablo, did the gift scene dry up for anyone else?

How much xp do you get for an average kill? Like, if I have +100xp/kill, am I getting double the normal amount, or is it more like 1000+100, or 10+100?

SDCowboy

Man the jump form T2 to T3 feels really massive to me. When I'm running PUGs in T2, we almost always clear with ease. PUGs in T3 and we're getting facerolled by certain groups of mobs.

Imouto

Banned
How much xp do you get for an average kill? Like, if I have +100xp/kill, am I getting double the normal amount, or is it more like 1000+100, or 10+100?

The latter. Unless it's specific "+ %", it's flat bonus.

Something weird happened last night when PSN was maintenance. I was still playing as usual and then, then the Nemesis appeared. It previous victim was, much to my surprise, me, while the most recent Nemesis that I let out was 2 days ago. Now I'm really curious at how this system works.

Hey fellas, I'm new to the Diablo series and am loving D3. I recently got my Wizard to Lv70 and am wondering if anyone knows a good way to farm legendary items in solo mode.

HGStormy

Banned
When you re-roll a stat, can it only change into stats that are related to the original stat? I had a +100 gold per monster on an item and all of the possibilities were +100 gold

David___

Banned
When you re-roll a stat, can it only change into stats that are related to the original stat? I had a +100 gold per monster on an item and all of the possibilities were +100 gold

Press Square/ Xbox equivalent on an affix to see what it can turn into when you enchant it.

-PXG-

nQFCwz7.jpg

ccYFJoG.jpg

Bam

Derpcrawler

Anyone on Xbox One could help brother out? I am looking for gold/gems/any gear donation you could offer, I just want to level some SC character to play with my buddies, no one plays HC on Xbox One.

In return I can give you away some HC gold/gems (level 70 gems) and cain set for leveling on Hardcore.

I don't mind duped gems and items, since I just want to play EZ mode on consoles while having fun. I already grinded my way to paragon 500 on PC with one of the best Lightning Monk gear sets in the world this may, so I seen everything game has to offer until Season start this friday.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larrius-1653/hero/33092229

My Xbox One GT: Derpcrawler

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Got the Demon Skin (or Hide... ) plan and started building a set. Are they usually the best alternatives?

Derpcrawler

Got the Demon Skin (or Hide... ) plan and started building a set. Are they usually the best alternatives?

Yes. Don't waste mats, best crafted set is Aughild's, the only 2 pieces that are worth crafting are Reaper's Wraps and Aughild's Set. Cain's and Captain's might be worth it as well, Demon Skin is one of the worst sets in game.

TheYanger

That's a very small amount unless you're low level basically.

My account on PC is paragon 285 or so and I take like 500,000,000 to level, per mob is a lot more than 10 :)

If u got 100 exp a kill you get 100 exp.per.kill. No percentage

The latter. Unless it's specific "+ %", it's flat bonus.

Something weird happened last night when PSN was maintenance. I was still playing as usual and then, then the Nemesis appeared. It previous victim was, much to my surprise, me, while the most recent Nemesis that I let out was 2 days ago. Now I'm really curious at how this system works.
Yeah, I know the gear gives me a fixed xp bonus, but what is that number added to?

Examples:
Mob gives 10xp; 100 xp bonus means you level 1000% faster
Mob gives 100xp; 100 xp bonus means you level 100% faster
Mob gives 1000xp; 100 xp bonus means you level 10% faster

Right now, I'm getting +48/kill, and my GF is getting +220/kill. A few levels ago, she was about a half-level behind me, and now she's a half level ahead. So now I'm trying to figure out if her 4.6x bonus XP is making her level 5x faster than me, or 1.2x, or what.

So are we getting 100/kill before modifiers, or more like 1000/kill, or some other amount?

Edit: She just dinged 53, and I'm half-way through 52. We just bumped up to hard last night. (Did most of our leveling on vanilla D3.)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm just about to start adventure mode as a lvl 70 crusader. Up to now I have just been equipping items and gems that have high strength. Is there another stat that I should be building up as well? I have a lot of other gems and I am not sure what to do with them

hydruxo

Hey fellas, I'm new to the Diablo series and am loving D3. I recently got my Wizard to Lv70 and am wondering if anyone knows a good way to farm legendary items in solo mode.

Do bounties and rifts in Adventure Mode. Also, spend your blood shards with Kadala and you'll get a low chance at some legendaries/set pieces. Bump the difficulty up into Torment when you're ready for it because the rate legendaries drop at goes up in each subsequent Torment level, not to mention there are alot of legendaries that only drop in Torment.

I'm just about to start adventure mode as a lvl 70 crusader. Up to now I have just been equipping items and gems that have high strength. Is there another stat that I should be building up as well? I have a lot of other gems and I am not sure what to do with them

Strength mainly, yeah, but some Vitality doesn't hurt either. No dex or int whatsoever, though.

Imouto

Banned
Yeah, I know the gear gives me a fixed xp bonus, but what is that number added to?

Examples:
Mob gives 10xp; 100 xp bonus means you level 1000% faster
Mob gives 100xp; 100 xp bonus means you level 100% faster
Mob gives 1000xp; 100 xp bonus means you level 10% faster

Right now, I'm getting +48/kill, and my GF is getting +220/kill. A few levels ago, she was about a half-level behind me, and now she's a half level ahead. So now I'm trying to figure out if her 4.6x bonus XP is making her level 5x faster than me, or 1.2x, or what.

So are we getting 100/kill before modifiers, or more like 1000/kill, or some other amount?

Edit: She just dinged 53, and I'm half-way through 52. We just bumped up to hard last night. (Did most of our leveling on vanilla D3.)

I believe the flat number is added before multiplier, for each monster you killed. Like the mob gives 10xp/each, with +100xp bonus means you earn 110xp for each monster you killed, and if you have +150% exp bonus (I assume you're playing on expert), then it means you gain 275xp for each one.

So yeah, flat number is great when you are under 70.

I believe the flat number is added before multiplier, for each monster you killed. Like the mob gives 10xp/each, with +100xp bonus means you earn 110xp for each monster you killed, and if you have +150% exp bonus (I assume you're playing on expert), then it means you gain 275xp for each one.
Sorry, but are you sure about that number, because that's the number I'm actually questioning. If mobs give 10 xp, a 100 xp bonus is indeed huge, and I should start giving up Int or something to get it. However, if mobs give 1000 xp, then 100 isn't terribly significant, and the 8-12 xp I get from a given piece of gear is even less so.

More to the point, are me and my GF gonna speed away from each other if we don't keep our bonus xp comparatively close? We don't particularly care how long it takes to get to 70 — though we don't want to drag our feet either — but we don't want one of us to hit 70 a week before the other one does. See where I'm coming from?

So yeah, flat number is great when you are under 70.
Why? Is that when mobs start giving 1000 unmodified instead of 10 unmodified?

Do bounties and rifts in Adventure Mode. Also, spend your blood shards with Kadala and you'll get a low chance at some legendaries/set pieces. Bump the difficulty up into Torment when you're ready for it because the rate legendaries drop at goes up in each subsequent Torment level, not to mention there are alot of legendaries that only drop in Torment.

Thank you kindly. I switched to Torment and got killed pretty quick by the first purple mob I ran across. Time to grind.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Finally.

My wusscore friends have kept me away too much time but finally today I could sit down and play hardcore.

Lvl 31 at the moment, just killed Maghda. Expert difficulty.

Just ran a Rift and got Natalya's Slayer as a drop...I count that as a victory for me

At least I know I can handle Torment 1 right now but I still need to improve a lot as far as gear goes.

So I made both Aughilds Spike and Aughilds Rule. If I equip both my dps goes from 569 to 544 and my armour goes from 4667 to 3948. Should I equip them anyway due to the -15% damage from elites and +15% damage to elites? Would that still make up the difference?

Aces&Eights

Just ran a Rift and got Natalya's Slayer as a drop...I count that as a victory for me

At least I know I can handle Torment 1 right now but I still need to improve a lot as far as gear goes.

This is me exactly. I can do the torment 1 but I'm running around like an idiot and turtling every 35 seconds. Cleared Act 1 bounties though!

I need new gear I'm a bum pls help crusaderGAF

Surge

Quick question..I'm lvl 19 so far still in act 1 on HC mode but I think I'd feel safer leveling up a few more times before going into the next act so is there a target level I should be aiming for?

Baliis

Quick question..I'm lvl 19 so far still in act 1 on HC mode but I think I'd feel safer leveling up a few more times before going into the next act so is there a target level I should be aiming for?

Mobs level with you, so not really.

Sorry, but are you sure about that number, because that's the number I'm actually questioning. If mobs give 10 xp, a 100 xp bonus is indeed huge, and I should start giving up Int or something to get it. However, if mobs give 1000 xp, then 100 isn't terribly significant, and the 8-12 xp I get from a given piece of gear is even less so.

More to the point, are me and my GF gonna speed away from each other if we don't keep our bonus xp comparatively close? We don't particularly care how long it takes to get to 70 — though we don't want to drag our feet either — but we don't want one of us to hit 70 a week before the other one does. See where I'm coming from?

You are really over thinking things. You will probably both reach 70 within a day or two of each other if you normally only play together. A few levels difference won't matter anyway. I played just fine using a level 40 monk with my wife's level 69 crusader.

PS: exploding palm + impending doom is great for group play.

So I made both Aughilds Spike and Aughilds Rule. If I equip both my dps goes from 569 to 544 and my armour goes from 4667 to 3948. Should I equip them anyway due to the -15% damage from elites and +15% damage to elites? Would that still make up the difference?
I would definitely take that trade off since elites are usually the mobs that would kill you.

Imouto

Banned

The higher your level, the higher xp the mobs give. Monster's level always scales with your host player's level. I don't think you have to worry much about that. I played with one of my friend who's 30 level lower than me, and even though we have about the same +xp number, currently when I reached 61, he's already 56. It will slows down when you are at higher level. After 60 I believe it's better to just have percentage bonus in xp than flat number.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just started a Demon Hunter after playing a Crusader from level 1 to Paragon 41.

I'm shocked by how differently DH plays than any other class (I've played Mage, Witch Doctor, and Crusader extensively) it's seriously like an shooter now. All the finesse required is fascinating. Just seems like it takes longer to kill things than with other classes, but I'm only level 12 so we'll see.

Where should a demon hunter put paragon points? And can I Change them if I don't like set up?

I did Dex (main stat), All res, resource reduction & either critical chance or damage whichever was lower. It seems to have worked pretty well for me so far (paragon 87).

Top Bottom