• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Aces&Eights

I have a question... I never played a Diablo game before and I think it's very good.

Well... I'm playing on the hardest level available on ACT II (the third one, I think).

And I've lost sometimes, but I respawn in the same place and win the battles.

I know my weapons lose 10% of durability... BUT... what else?

I mean... is there a pont when you can't pass some boss and need to start over or you can always "continue" from there until you beat him?

I never lost more than twice with the same boss until now...

Warp back to town and repair at blacksmith. As long as you don't quit the game the enemies won't reset.

David___

Banned
Grimløck;127560314 said:
how? need to get my monk there.

Put the difficulty on T6 and look for the bounties A Minor's Gold in Act 2 and A Miser's Will in Act 5. If they don't spawn restart.

That's if you're doing it solo.

For co-op invite a level 70 to your T6 game and have him kill everything/ do bounties.

Latter is the fastest.

Saganator

Put the difficulty on T6 and look for the bounties A Minor's Gold in Act 2 and A Miser's Will in Act 5. If they don't spawn restart.

That's if you're doing it solo.

For co-op invite a level 70 to your T6 game and have him kill everything/ do bounties.

Latter is the fastest.

Curious how long it took you to get to 70?

Fistwell

Oh, don't remind me! I put 120-130 hours into a witch doctor first couple of weeks - zero legionaries and couldn't get past inferno act 2. Game was pure hell.

Actually the first leg I got as a 60 WD was a level 14 1-H crossbow...had a few drinks that night.
lol got a shitty lvl14 spear on my DH. Lvled a monk after that. On inferno, I could solo-tank the butcher till the end of time (with the rest of my team wiped out). Would get wrecked by any elite/champion mob in act2. :|

TheYanger

I really don't know if I'm playing this game right lol. Every time I look at the Diablo fan page for the best gear for Crusader and equip it, my stats just keep dropping. I just switched my Stone Gauntlets for Magefist, apparently the second best gloves available for the Crusader and all my stats plummet.

That's not how stats in this game work. Magefists give you +15-20% fire damage, so if you use a fire ability they're effectively just +20% (additive with your other fire damage mods).
The generic "Damage ^^^ or VVV" is totally worthless in this game. The damage stat on your character sheet is completely unmodified by skills, elemental bonuses, etc. On PC you have orange diamonds next to any stat that isn't reflected in the basic numbers of damage toughness and healing.

-PXG-

VhmDOHN.jpg

All skills active lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#eQRfiP!aWSi!ZYYbZa

antitrop

I have a question... I never played a Diablo game before and I think it's very good.

Well... I'm playing on the hardest level available on ACT II (the third one, I think).

And I've lost sometimes, but I respawn in the same place and win the battles.

I know my weapons lose 10% of durability... BUT... what else?

I mean... is there a pont when you can't pass some boss and need to start over or you can always "continue" from there until you beat him?

I never lost more than twice with the same boss until now...

The game is just that easy and forgiving at the beginning.

antitrop

At the beginning?

Is it harder later... I mean, is there a point when you REALLY die?

Yeah, I dunno, maybe not. In the PC version, at one point, they actually made repairing cost a substantial amount of Gold, but that doesn't appear to be the case at all in the UEE.

newbie question: I'm a wizard, but if I find a weapon that has more Int. versus a weapon that shows me green triangles under the "weapon" sign in comparison. What does that mean?

Should I go with higher int. or what the game suggests is a more powerful weapon?

newbie question: I'm a wizard, but if I find a weapon that has more Int. versus a weapon that shows me green triangles under the "weapon" sign in comparison. What does that mean?

Should I go with higher int. or what the game suggests is a more powerful weapon?
Ignore the triangles. Choose the item with the stats you want.

Saganator

lol got a shitty lvl14 spear on my DH. Lvled a monk after that. On inferno, I could solo-tank the butcher till the end of time (with the rest of my team wiped out). Would get wrecked by any elite/champion mob in act2. :|

I managed to get to Act IV with my Barb in the launch inferno, finally beat it after they nerfed it a week or two after the game came out. People just coming in have no idea. You think the arcane lasers are bad now? Those use to pretty much one shot you unless you had a ton of +res. There are a few affix combinations that were just unfair, they've removed them from the game. I can't remember which, I think one was Shields + Reflect and they'd just alternate. The little mosquito packs that spit in Act II were more deadly than some elite packs.

Diablo 3 has always been fun, but the few tweaks and additions they've made has made the game a much more enjoyable experience on my PS4.

Oh yeah, about D3 PC. Wasn't there some kind of dueling/pvp system? I think it came out after I had wrote the game off, is that still in on the PC version? Seems like PVP would work better on consoles, was disappointed I couldn't duel.

Ignore the triangles. Choose the item with the stats you want.
Eh? The triangles describe the change to your base DPS, including Int mods. So if the wand with no Int has 3 green up, that'll be because the +25 base damage more than makes up for the missing 25 Int. Isn't that right?

antitrop

Eh? The triangles describe the change to your base DPS, including Int mods. So if the wand with no Int has 3 green up, that'll be because the +25 base damage more than makes up for the missing 25 Int. Isn't that right?

That's how I understand it.

The triangles take your base stat into account for DPS comparisons, so there must be other properties to the item that are causing it to exceed the DPS of the Intelligence item.

I mean, 1-70 you're changing out items so often that you can just go by the triangles and be safe. Start inspecting gear more closely at 70.

The damage calculation are flawed in that they don't take certain effects or boosts into account. That seems to be the general consensus anyway. I haven't bothered looking at the arrows at all.

Xevren

Not all stats effect sheet dps, at 70 you want to inspect the gear. +elemental and +elite damage do not show up as an example, and are huge in doing tons of damage higher up. You don't want to go just based on the triangles.

Not all stats effect sheet dps, at 70 you want to inspect the gear. +elemental and +elite damage do not show up as an example, and are huge in doing tons of damage higher up. You don't want to go just based on the triangles.

+ elemental + elite damage + damage to skills is huge on higher Torments.

Earlier tonight I traded almost 100k sheet dps for basically +20 fire skill damage & +30 damage to elites. I think I made the right decision
Tell me I made the right decision

jns

I had a friend who was rocking a godly DH back then who would invite me into his ACT 3 games to do Ghom runs and ACT 3 was much easier just because you had a little better control and could use the indoor maps to your advantage ... I'd still melt when anything touched me of course -- especially those lickers. I remember the only way I could put out enough dps was with the Bears/Vision quest build, and naturally you had to stand point blank to hit anything, which meant anything you didn't kill before it hit you, killed you instead.

Basically, F Jay Wilson and F vanilla WD.

The damage calculation are flawed in that they don't take certain effects or boosts into account. That seems to be the general consensus anyway. I haven't bothered looking at the arrows at all.
As I understand it, it's not supposed to reflect things like elemental bonuses, because they're not part of your base damage, like Int and CHC are.

Let's say your new gear drops your Damage from 100k to 90k. We're told, "That's a lie, because the +25% Fire it gives more than makes up for the supposed 'drop.'" But it seems to me it's the truth, because your base damage did in fact drop, and while your Fire spells may experience a net gain, that still doesn't change the fact that all of your non-Fire spells are now 10% weaker, as reflected by your now-adjusted Damage stat.

Am I wrong about this?

Let's say your new gear drops your Damage from 100k to 90k. We're told, "That's a lie, because the +25% Fire it gives more than makes up for the supposed 'drop.'" But it seems to me it's the truth, because your base damage did in fact drop, and while your Fire spells may experience a net gain, that still doesn't change the fact that all of your non-Fire spells are now 10% weaker, as reflected by your now-adjusted Damage stat.

Am I wrong about this?

If you're stacking +fire damage items your main attack abilities should be fire based. Otherwise what's the point?

My monk has +60% lightning damage, all my attacks deal lightning damage, I'm not using any non lightning attacks.

My effective DPS is ~60% higher than my sheet DPS. Even more against elites.

Codeblew

That's how I understand it.

The triangles take your base stat into account for DPS comparisons, so there must be other properties to the item that are causing it to exceed the DPS of the Intelligence item.

I mean, 1-70 you're changing out items so often that you can just go by the triangles and be safe. Start inspecting gear more closely at 70.

Yeah, I agree. I think triangles are alright until level 70 but once you start deciding between legendaries and set items, the triangles are worthless. So are the stats under your portrait.

DagsJT

Diablo beaten, now onto Act V. My monk is level 55 or so now and on expert difficulty is pretty badass but unfortunately I can't raise the difficulty until I finish the story.

Still only about 4k damage or something though, no idea how all of you are getting in the hundreds of thousands! My best weapon is a legendary with approx 380 damage!

If you're stacking +fire damage items your main attack abilities should be fire based. Otherwise what's the point?

My monk has +60% lightning damage, all my attacks deal lightning damage, I'm not using any non lightning attacks.

My effective DPS is ~60% higher than my sheet DPS. Even more against elites.
Okay, but even then, your listed Damage is accurate, because it's the number you're adding 60% to.

If you're considering taking a single, vital Cold spell, it's nice to know what it's damage will actually be based on. If you're considering swapping your +25% Fire for +30% Fire, it's useful to know the attending CHC loss will drop your base damage by 20%, especially if you're not all-Fire, or all-Meteor, or whatever.

Like I said though, having +50% Fire slotted should change the Meteor description from "500% weapon damage" to "500% (750%) weapon damage," so you do see the effect of the bonus somewhere.

Lord help me. How do I not feel like a glass cannon as a demon hunter?

I did a rift and the amount of deaths I haf was sad. Meanwhile, the two other DH in the party were rapid firing away seemingly without a care in the world. Are they just on a different difficulty level somehow? I wish I could actually check out what they have before they fucking move away from me.

I just feel so overwhelmed and under geared every minute that it is sapping away some fun.

How do you power level in this game? I'm thinking of rolling crusader.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Lord help me. How do I not feel like a glass cannon as a demon hunter?

I did a rift and the amount of deaths I haf was sad. Meanwhile, the two other DH in the party were rapid firing away seemingly without a care in the world. Are they just on a different difficulty level somehow? I wish I could actually check out what they have before they fucking move away from me.

I just feel so overwhelmed and under geared every minute that it is sapping away some fun.

How do you power level in this game? I'm thinking of rolling crusader.
You can check their gear in the inventory screen, under the party tab.
I am playing DH and Crusader myself, died a lot of times too with DH.
It's important to stay in motion to not get killed and fire from farther away. There are even passive skills that enhance your DPS when you are firing from distance.

burnfout

I'm really not feeling adventure mode much at the moment :(

Yesterday I played a couple of hours on Torment 1 with my crusader:

- Completed 3 Acts worth of bounties; not a single legendary drop or even a rare upgrade
- Battled against Malthael for a good solid 25 minutes ( 200k Dps :( ) , he dropped ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, no legendarys at all.
- Spent about 100-120 blood shards on Kadala, absolute garbage loot all around, salvaged everything on the spot.
- Did 1 rift on torment 1, took another 40 minutes, Rift Guardian did not drop anything worthwhile. Found 1 decent legendary in a chest. :(

Felt like 3 hours of wasted fucking time :(

antitrop

With the Demon Hunter, if you get lazy for even one second, you're dead. You're supposed to not get hit by dancing around with Vault and/or Smoke Screen, while traps/sentries do the heavy lifting.

Demon Hunters and Wizards are glass cannons, you're gonna die.

Pop

With the Demon Hunter, if you get lazy for even one second, you're dead. You're supposed to not get hit by dancing around with Vault and/or Smoke Screen, while traps/sentries do the heavy lifting.

Demon Hunters and Wizards are glass cannons, you're gonna die.

Yup

Life on Hit helps though

ZangBa

Wow, found my first SoJ and it rolled 19% Fire damage which I'm using right now, along with 5.5% crit, strength, and something I'm re-rolling into crit damage. C:

Codeblew

I'm really not feeling adventure mode much at the moment :(

Yesterday I played a couple of hours on Torment 1 with my crusader:

- Completed 3 Acts worth of bounties; not a single legendary drop or even a rare upgrade
- Battled against Malthael for a good solid 25 minutes ( 200k Dps :( ) , he dropped ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, no legendarys at all.
- Spent about 100-120 blood shards on Kadala, absolute garbage loot all around, salvaged everything on the spot.
- Did 1 rift on torment 1, took another 40 minutes, Rift Guardian did not drop anything worthwhile. Found 1 decent legendary in a chest. :(

Felt like 3 hours of wasted fucking time :(

Don't expect to get legendary's from bosses and rift lords. You get many more from random elite mobs or chests. Play in online groups for better legendary efficiency. I played for about 5 hours today doing rifts and got 10-12 legendary's or set items. That isn't including the 2 I got in the mail.

Diablo beaten, now onto Act V. My monk is level 55 or so now and on expert difficulty is pretty badass but unfortunately I can't raise the difficulty until I finish the story.

Still only about 4k damage or something though, no idea how all of you are getting in the hundreds of thousands! My best weapon is a legendary with approx 380 damage!

I'm at the same level and dps using Crusader.

Not sure my backlog will allow me to put the necessary hours into this to become a beast :(

Ryan_

So, is anyone of PC D3-GAF going to play this? I'm tempted to buy it since I'll
be at college next year and some extra co-op fun is always nice. However, what holds me back is the lack of depth compared to the PC version, the chance of a burnout and the fact that few PC Gaffers are going to couch up money once more.

HORRORSHØW

Wow, found my first SoJ and it rolled 19% Fire damage which I'm using right now, along with 5.5% crit, strength, and something I'm re-rolling into crit damage. C:

luuuuucky! i keep getting trolled for unity rings. got 3 now. if anyone with a spare soj wants to trade, let me know.

So, is anyone of PC D3-GAF going to play this? I'm tempted to buy it since I'll be at college next year and some extra co-op fun is always nice. However, what holds me back is the lack of depth compared to the PC version, the chance of a burnout and the fact that few PC Gaffers are going to couch up money once more.
?? at the bolded.

I bought D3 at launch and picked this up. It handles wonderfully with a controller and I've had a ton of fun with it. Also, the PS4 version seems to have built a pretty large community for itself here on GAF, so I wouldn't worry about not having GAF peeps to play with unless you're specifically wanting to play with PC-GAF.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, is anyone of PC D3-GAF going to play this? I'm tempted to buy it since I'll
be at college next year and some extra co-op fun is always nice. However, what holds me back is the lack of depth compared to the PC version, the chance of a burnout and the fact that few PC Gaffers are going to couch up money once more.

What is this lack of depth you're speaking off? The games are exactly the same on PS4 and Xbone compared to PC, with adding of "gift drops". PS4 also has some additional content in the LoU rift and SotC transmog gear and Nemesis bosses.

Console version also controls and plays alot better thanks to dodging and direct input.

---

On another note, I want to add some more friends on PS4, my PSN is Rickjes, but I understand there's a list somewhere?

Top Bottom