• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

UglyPony

In the character screen with all the gear. What do the middle and right big numbers stand for. The middle number is so damn huge i cant figure what it stands for.

Jesus. 5 legendaries just dropped in less than 20 minutes. Got the Fire Walker boots but it dropped my armour down by 1000k :/ Guess I should reroll those bastards.

Anyway, someone was saying they needed a Unity ring. I have two now so if whoever it was could let me know I'll send it to you.

gunstarhero

First time playing - picked a Monk and just reached lvl 12. I just died for the first time and don't really understand the penalty for resurrecting ( -10 durability?).

1000k? Holy crap :p

Haha yeah, biggest drop I've seen yet, bit other than the set pieces apparently these are the best rated boots.

So, one of the properties is life per second. What's best to reroll to, vitality or armour?

Edit: nvm it rolled to Vitality and it went back almost to where it was.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yes. Don't waste mats, best crafted set is Aughild's, the only 2 pieces that are worth crafting are Reaper's Wraps and Aughild's Set. Cain's and Captain's might be worth it as well, Demon Skin is one of the worst sets in game.

AH crap, already spent some legendaries on that baby. Good to know though, will definitely keep me playing.

So, end game stuff is Bounties > Rifts rinse and repeat, right? Am I supposed to get better loot drops cuz so far its been very disappointing.

Faced my first Nemesis. Defeated it with ease.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. Those horns are scary though.

Finally got my first legendary gift too. Guess I will stick it out with the Xbox One version.

David___

Banned
AH crap, already spent some legendaries on that baby. Good to know though, will definitely keep me playing.

So, end game stuff is Bounties > Rifts rinse and repeat, right? Am I supposed to get better loot drops cuz so far its been very disappointing.

Rifts add a multiplicative 100% drop rate on legendaries on top of the Torment bonuses.

Get decent gear from killing mobs on normal and the caches and work your way up the torment levels.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I got visited by a Nemesis today that had four pics of characters pop up on the screen under it's health bar. And then had four wizards or something running around with him. They were all throwing freeze spells at me. Things did not go well for my level 11 barbarian.

It was chaos!!!

*note- everything happened so fast I am not sure about anything I just wrote. That is how I recall it though. :)

* This thread makes it so clear that I know nothing about this game at all.
- rerolling legendary loot?
- 10% durability lost?

The only thing I know about this game is that it is excellent.

You are really over thinking things. You will probably both reach 70 within a day or two of each other if you normally only play together. A few levels difference won't matter anyway. I played just fine using a level 40 monk with my wife's level 69 crusader.

PS: exploding palm + impending doom is great for group play.

The higher your level, the higher xp the mobs give. Monster's level always scales with your host player's level. I don't think you have to worry much about that. I played with one of my friend who's 30 level lower than me, and even though we have about the same +xp number, currently when I reached 61, he's already 56. It will slows down when you are at higher level. After 60 I believe it's better to just have percentage bonus in xp than flat number.
Got it. Thanks, guys. <3

hydruxo

First time playing - picked a Monk and just reached lvl 12. I just died for the first time and don't really understand the penalty for resurrecting ( -10 durability?).

Anytime you get that you can just go to the Blacksmith and repair your weapons/armor for a fee and it's back to normal

Chucker

Haven't gone all the way through the thread, but my monk now has 2 pieces of thousand storms, and 2 asheara's, so the RORG is becoming attractive to me.

I never got said ring on PC, even after at least 250 split normal clears on PC.

Are split normals still the most efficient way to get a RORG on console, and if so would anybody care to crank some out on the Bone?

antitrop

For anyone that is playing Diablo III for the first time and is curious what the game was like at launch on PC, I played for over 100 hours in the first 2 weeks and only got 2 Legendaries. And both of them were for a different class.

Oscar

Own the PC version, considering double dipping for the PS4.

Is it possible to look up your character's stats on the web like with the PC version? Could I look up my PS4 character's stats on a web browser?

antitrop

Own the PC version, considering double dipping for the PS4.

Is it possible to look up your character's stats on the web like with the PC version? Could I look up my PS4 character's stats on a web browser?

Nope, your character isn't stored on Battle.net.

For anyone that is playing Diablo III for the first time and is curious what the game was like at launch on PC, I played for over 100 hours in the first 2 weeks and only got 2 Legendaries. And both of them were for a different class.

Yup, and hoping the servers could handle it

Imouto

Banned
Error 37. Fun time.

Faced my first Nemesis. Defeated it with ease.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. Those horns are scary though.

Finally got my first legendary gift too. Guess I will stick it out with the Xbox One version.

I don't know if it's related to its victim's level or not, but the Nemesis appeared in my games are totally over my league, and I'm just playing on Torment 1.

Haines

Banned

Yeah. And they sucked.

Baliis

Yes. Don't waste mats, best crafted set is Aughild's, the only 2 pieces that are worth crafting are Reaper's Wraps and Aughild's Set. Cain's and Captain's might be worth it as well, Demon Skin is one of the worst sets in game.

Captains is really good for crusader, 10% CDR and cost reduction is great for perma akkhan builds with a big spender.

gooface

Banned
eVp0T9.jpg

Just picked this up at my local Walmart.. They had the white ones too, but couldn't sell them because the register said "prohibited item" which is funny since this controller is supposed to release on the 30th of next month and the white one releases on the 9th.

I am super tempted to go back and buy them all and sell them.

I went there looking for a blue controller for my wife go play this game with me but I found a little more.

antitrop

Spend 4 hours with my 9yo playing on hard difficulty. Is it as easy on PC as well, or are they just dumbed it down for consoles?

They have made it easier on consoles, yes.

I also generally just find the game easier to play with a controller. No misclicks or anything.

I also generally just find the game easier to play with a controller. No misclicks or anything.

Yeah, it's perfectly good on console. Surprisingly, I really enjoy playing it, especially considering my sore feelings towards Blizzard; couldn't put the little one to sleep, she just wanted more things to loot.

I really don't know if I'm playing this game right lol. Every time I look at the Diablo fan page for the best gear for Crusader and equip it, my stats just keep dropping. I just switched my Stone Gauntlets for Magefist, apparently the second best gloves available for the Crusader and all my stats plummet.

antitrop

What does linking your accounts do? I was supposed to get a Gift too, but I have no idea what it is or when/how I'll receive it. =/

It's a Ring that will very quickly get replaced.

I linked my account, but I have no idea what it does. If I log into Battle.net from a web browser, it shows absolutely nothing about a PS4 version anywhere. Just my PC CE.

It's a Ring that will very quickly get replaced.

I linked my account, but I have no idea what it does. If I log into Battle.net from a web browser, it shows absolutely nothing about a PS4 version anywhere. Just my PC CE.

There is a linked accounts section on BNet but it only gives you the option to link to PSN or XBL or disconnect - nothing else

Tal Rasha is Functionally finished, but not really. Need to find her amulet or Chestpiece, because I'm getting a Mirrorball.

But hot damn the meteor's falling is great.

jns

Oh, don't remind me! I put 120-130 hours into a witch doctor first couple of weeks - zero legionaries and couldn't get past inferno act 2. Game was pure hell.

Actually the first leg I got as a 60 WD was a level 14 1-H crossbow...had a few drinks that night.

Oh, don't remind me! I put 120-130 hours into a witch doctor first couple of weeks - zero legionaries and couldn't get past inferno act 2. Game was pure hell.

Actually the first leg I got as a 60 WD was a level 14 1-H crossbow...had a few drinks that night.

Same, WD hit a wall and switched to Barb and beat inferno

Saganator

Finally getting my Crusader some decent gear.

YB3LxJk.png

I wish I took the time to think of a real name instead of using a randomly generated one.

antitrop

yGGPTGS.jpg

maltrain

I have a question... I never played a Diablo game before and I think it's very good.

Well... I'm playing on the hardest level available on ACT II (the third one, I think).

And I've lost sometimes, but I respawn in the same place and win the battles.

I know my weapons lose 10% of durability... BUT... what else?

I mean... is there a pont when you can't pass some boss and need to start over or you can always "continue" from there until you beat him?

I never lost more than twice with the same boss until now...

Top Bottom