• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Ryan_

?? at the bolded.

I bought D3 at launch and picked this up. It handles wonderfully with a controller and I've had a ton of fun with it. Also, the PS4 version seems to have built a pretty large community for itself here on GAF, so I wouldn't worry about not having GAF peeps to play with unless you're specifically wanting to play with PC-GAF.

That's good to hear! And what I meant with lack of depth is that I fear that to make it accessible and fit for console, they dropped some of the stats that you can view in the PC version, as well as focus on quick, maybe a bit more mindless gameplay. That isn't a bad thing, of course, but as someone has played D3 for years, has everything at 70 and has followed the meta for a long time, I'm just not sure if this will be easy to adjust to. That being said, after watching the quick look on GB, it does look tempting.

Mrbob

That's good to hear! And what I meant with lack of depth is that I fear that to make it accessible and fit for console, they dropped some of the stats that you can view in the PC version, as well as focus on quick, maybe a bit more mindless gameplay. That isn't a bad thing, of course, but as someone has played D3 for years, has everything at 70 and has followed the meta for a long time, I'm just not sure if this will be easy to adjust to. That being said, after watching the quick look on GB, it does look tempting.

It won't be tough. I don't have every character at 70 but I've put in a couple hundred hours into the PC version. I have been playing the ps4 version since launch and I've decided I like the game more on console. Controls are fine and the right stick dodge is a nice perk. The nemesis system is great and there is a massive pool of players to play online and exchange gifts. As long as Blizzard keeps updates incoming this is my go to version.

Ryan_

It won't be tough. I don't have every character at 70 but I've put in a couple hundred hours into the PC version. I have been playing the ps4 version since launch and I've decided I like the game more on console. Controls are fine and the right stick dodge is a nice perk. The nemesis system is great and there is a massive pool of players to play online and exchange gifts. As long as Blizzard keeps updates incoming this is my go to version.

Thanks for the heads up! I might give it a shot then. My PS4 arrives tomorrow.
Is there a EU GAF clan for PS4?

ZangBa

Grimløck;127570676 said:
luuuuucky! i keep getting trolled for unity rings. got 3 now. if anyone with a spare soj wants to trade, let me know.

I wasn't even expecting to get one. I'm just trying to find a Cindercoat which my Monk managed to conveniently find while leveling, yet I can't even find one on my Crusader. I haven't found or gambled a single Akkhan piece, either. :<

Derpcrawler

Anyone on Xbox One could help brother out? I am looking for gold/gems/any gear donation you could offer, I just want to level some SC character to play with my buddies, no one plays HC on Xbox One.

In return I can give you away some HC gold/gems (level 70 gems) and cain set for leveling on Hardcore.

I don't mind duped gems and items, since I just want to play EZ mode on consoles while having fun. I already grinded my way to paragon 500 on PC with one of the best Lightning Monk gear sets in the world this may, so I seen everything game has to offer until Season start this friday.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larrius-1653/hero/33092229

My Xbox One GT: Derpcrawler

Sorry for bumping my own post, but seems like 9 out of 10 people in thread are on PS4 and doubt anyone will read anything other than a last page. Any Xbros want to help out? Leveling is painfully slow with no red gem in weapon and helmet, I leveled to 70 maybe 6 or 7 times on PC (don't remember exact number, due to HC RIP). I want to get to endgame on SC on consoles, will gladly help people out with HC.

Xevren

Got the last piece I needed to go all in on leapquake for my barb, god damn this is ridiculous! Also finished up leveling the monk today, pretty happy.

To my knowledge, nothing was removed from the game for consoles. It's pretty much the same D3, but with a controller (and of course, UI modifications to make it navigable.) If you like Diablo 3 on PC, you'll like it here, I imagine.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Lord help me. How do I not feel like a glass cannon as a demon hunter?

I did a rift and the amount of deaths I haf was sad. Meanwhile, the two other DH in the party were rapid firing away seemingly without a care in the world. Are they just on a different difficulty level somehow? I wish I could actually check out what they have before they fucking move away from me.

I just feel so overwhelmed and under geared every minute that it is sapping away some fun.

How do you power level in this game? I'm thinking of rolling crusader.
Same here, my Demon Hunter is level 27 now and I die wayyyy more than I'd like. Demon Hunter has got to be the most difficult class in the game to play effectively (ie -- not die). Crusader is absolute cake comparatively. Even Wizard isn't nearly as bad.

It is fun though.

HGStormy

Banned
Looted a stone of jordan. Too bad it's crap ): Got disconnected from my internet and couldn't solo my rift on T3 so I had to abandon it </3

Edit: What the hell are purple items? I keep seeing them drop from rift guardians but I've never been able to pick one up ):

I keep getting legendaries that I can't use (I'm a wizard), but if anyone wants one I'd be happy to send it to them. Best ones I have are a crushbane 2H mace and a thundergod's vigor belt

ZangBa

Looted a stone of jordan. Too bad it's crap ): Got disconnected from my internet and couldn't solo my rift on T3 so I had to abandon it </3

Edit: What the hell are purple items? I keep seeing them drop from rift guardians but I've never been able to pick one up ):

Those are blood shards and they loot just by walking near them.

Lothars

So I am wondering should I get this for Xbox One or PS4? I am not picky for either and just want to play it on one of the next gen consoles.

Is most people here playing on ps4?

So I am wondering should I get this for Xbox One or PS4? I am not picky for either and just want to play it on one of the next gen consoles.

PS4 has additional stuff with the free ring and also The Last of Us mobs SoTC armour. Not aware of the X1 having anything similar though.

Lima

It's a coop game you go where your friends are. If you don't have any go PS4 and add some people from Gaf.

Jabba

Banned
Does t2 usually drop dogshit? Only yellow mobs give me a problem in t2. Should I try t3?

Feel free to add me Gaf. PSN: DeeCowboys.

Ring is on both. SOc armour and last of us rifts are not.

Ah okay, wasn't aware of that.

Really given that both versions perform similarly, it's pick the one with the most friends, or which controller you are happier with. I guess BIG advantage with the PS4 version is remote play if you have the Vita.

IMG20140828161800.jpg

PS4 has additional stuff with the free ring and also The Last of Us mobs SoTC armour. Not aware of the X1 having anything similar though.

Nah, no exclusive content for Xbox One. Just get it on PS4, lot of us here if you wanna play.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Oh, don't remind me! I put 120-130 hours into a witch doctor first couple of weeks - zero legionaries and couldn't get past inferno act 2. Game was pure hell.

Actually the first leg I got as a 60 WD was a level 14 1-H crossbow...had a few drinks that night.

I was in a similar situation.

Launch WD's were really weak.

HGStormy

Banned
Still haven't gotten a gift ;_;
Got a cool staff that lets me summon 2 hydras at once and a legendary potion. Didn't even know there were legendary potions D:

Edit: Just saw a monster with a bunch of fishes on it's head? wtf?

Surge

I was up until 1am this morning on HC

I don't get addicted to any games really but this one has definitely pulled me in.

Admodieus

I'm really not feeling adventure mode much at the moment :(

Yesterday I played a couple of hours on Torment 1 with my crusader:

- Completed 3 Acts worth of bounties; not a single legendary drop or even a rare upgrade
- Battled against Malthael for a good solid 25 minutes ( 200k Dps :( ) , he dropped ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, no legendarys at all.
- Spent about 100-120 blood shards on Kadala, absolute garbage loot all around, salvaged everything on the spot.
- Did 1 rift on torment 1, took another 40 minutes, Rift Guardian did not drop anything worthwhile. Found 1 decent legendary in a chest. :(

Felt like 3 hours of wasted fucking time :(

First off, three bounty runs is nothing, people go dozens (or hundres) without getting legendaries from caches. Same as 100 blood shards on Kadala - I get maybe one legendary every 500-600 shards I spend on her, but even then there are times when I don't.

If it's taking you 40 minutes to clear a rift on Torment, you're not ready for Torment. The game is all about efficiency, the more monsters you kill = the higher chance you have of a legendary dropping. You want to be playing the difficulty where you destroy trash mobs with 1-2 hits and can take on elite packs but only a little difficulty.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Thanks for the heads up! I might give it a shot then. My PS4 arrives tomorrow.
Is there a EU GAF clan for PS4?

Fellow PC D3 clan mate, add me: Tunesmith-

Outside of Clan/Community support and UI changes, the game is the same as on PC (as of 2.0.6) plus the console-specific additions. 2.1 is coming soon too.

Pinktaco

Noob question but do playing on hardcore give better loot? Is it needed to play on the torment difficulty?

I'm only lvl 50 for the first time so there are tons of things that buggles me :>

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Noob question but do playing on hardcore give better loot? Is it needed to play on the torment difficulty?

I'm only lvl 50 for the first time so there are tons of things that buggles me :>

Hardcore just means that it's perma death, it's completely separate from regular, you can only play with other Hardcore players. No differences between the two in terms of loot or difficulty.

Corollary to what most have been saying I am finding Demon Hunter really fun and easy blasting away everything with moderate ease and Vaulting away at the slightest sign of danger. But I am getting destroyed with my Monk on lower levels. Not much Area damage.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man that frame rate gets rough during the Reaper of Souls chapter on PS3. Still its not as bad as "struggling to maintain 30" as OP says. It only drops in the most hectic of situations. Otherwise its like 45+ (single player)

Abylim

Got really lucky with crafting, a level 70 two handed sword with a massive level reduction on it. Keeping it for all my melee characters to speed level!

Andrew.

Banned
So I finally got to Adventure Mode last night (not without Malthael kicking my ass about a dozen times on Master though) and I got annihilated pretty much immediately going after my first bounty in Act I Southern Highlands. I set it to T1 and got slammed. Dropped it down to Master and got slammed as well.

Im guessing this mode is meant for more than one player? I mean, Ill drop it to Expert but I want the higher chances for those rare drops.

Corollary to what most have been saying I am finding Demon Hunter really fun and easy blasting away everything with moderate ease and Vaulting away at the slightest sign of danger. But I am getting destroyed with my Monk on lower levels. Not much Area damage.

focus on healing abillities- the monk can be basically invincible with the right set of life on hit/heal when spirit is used abillities-

Lima

So I finally got to Adventure Mode last night (not without Malthael kicking my ass about a dozen times on Master though) and I got annihilated pretty much immediately going after my first bounty in Act I Southern Highlands. I set it to T1 and got slammed. Dropped it down to Master and got slammed as well.

Im guessing this mode is meant for more than one player? I mean, Ill drop it to Expert but I want the higher chances for those rare drops.

Nope. You can solo every difficulty. It's all about the correct build and items.

Go with the highest you can handle until you get better items that push you to the next difficulty.

hydruxo

Im guessing this mode is meant for more than one player?
I mean, Ill drop it to Expert but I want the higher chances for those rare drops.

Not at all. I've been playing adventure mode solo the whole time and it's been fine. My first rift in Master diff. took a long time so I went and gradually upgraded my gear and then I was running through Master with ease. I'm doing the same with T1 now, so it sounds like you need to rework your gear some.

Andrew.

Banned
Nope. You can solo every difficulty. It's all about the correct build and items.

Go with the highest you can handle until you get better items that push you to the next difficulty.

Even as a lvl 70 with multiple Paragon points? Damn. I felt for sure I could handle AM on Master. I got through Act V on Master with no issues aside from that final battle. Weird.

Im thinkin I gotta change up my skills a bit...

Just been skimming the thread a bit and saw people discussing damage numbers back and forth.

Just in case, are people aware that if you press square in inventory and check more detailed stat view that you actually can see what damage you do with +elemental included? It does not do it for your +skill stuff though.

Just been skimming the thread a bit and saw people discussing damage numbers back and forth.

Just in case, are people aware that if you press square in inventory and check more detailed stat view that you actually can see what damage you do with +elemental included? It does not do it for your +skill stuff though.

If you have +skill item items it will show it, it does for me.

Imouto

Banned

I'm playing at T1 solo, and my level is 61, so I don't really think the number of players is the problem. You may want to check your build and your equipment to see if it's enough.

ImboSlice

ibryN3i1lg0k0N.jpg

My crusader right now. Kinda like the look.

But man, I sure am lacking in the damage department. Have been trying hard to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur or some good set items everyones talking about. Guess my luck ran out at some point, because I got decent drops while leveling.

If someone has a spare Ring of Royal Grandeur or something, maybe want to trade or give me an early birthday present? Don't know how valuable it actually is. PSN is H_Y_F

Also add for fun and grouping up some time =)

SDCowboy

I'm saying it again, the rotating lasers need to be nerfed to oblivion. It's getting old encountering a group of mobs that drop at least 7-10 lasers on the ground and there's nowhere to run if they don't kill you before you know what hits you.

SDCowboy

My crusader right now. Kinda like the look.

But man, I sure am lacking in the damage department. Have been trying hard to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur or some good set items everyones talking about. Guess my luck ran out at some point, because I got decent drops while leveling.

If someone has a spare Ring of Royal Grandeur or something, maybe want to trade or give me an early birthday present? Don't know how valuable it actually is. PSN is H_Y_F

Also add for fun and grouping up some time =)

I've pretty much given up on my, currently, T2 Crusader having good DPS. It just seems like they weren't made to, but to rather have really high survivabillity. The gear that drops for Crusaders makes it pretty obvious that they're supposed to have insane defense over DPS. When I tried focusing solely on DPS, my crusader's damage still sucked and then he was also like a sheet of glass. lol

Top Bottom