• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

-PXG-

I'm down for T5/T6 rifts tonight with anyone on PS4 who has the gear for it. Akkhan ain't no joke. Shit is broooooken.

PXG_S3

Oh I finally got the ability to craft Infernal Machines. How common/ rare are the keys?

LkPr

I'm down for T5/T6 rifts tonight with anyone on PS4 who has the gear for it. Akkhan ain't no joke. Shit is broooooken.

PXG_S3

Oh I finally got the ability to craft Infernal Machines. How common/ rare are the keys?

I've read there may be a bug on the PS4 where the 4th key doesn't drop, like at all..

But then they combine it with plague/desecrator and waller.

Dear God.

You can be immune to all of these things at the same time.
Blackthorne's + Countess Julia's Cameo (Amulet) + Kulle's Aid. Although if you're immune, you don't have to run.

They don't need more nerfing, just keep hunting. Even with none of those things, you can get around them.

First off, three bounty runs is nothing, people go dozens (or hundres) without getting legendaries from caches. Same as 100 blood shards on Kadala - I get maybe one legendary every 500-600 shards I spend on her, but even then there are times when I don't.

If it's taking you 40 minutes to clear a rift on Torment, you're not ready for Torment. The game is all about efficiency, the more monsters you kill = the higher chance you have of a legendary dropping. You want to be playing the difficulty where you destroy trash mobs with 1-2 hits and can take on elite packs but only a little difficulty.

Co-signed. 15 bounties ain't shit. Rift should take 10-15 mins max depending on run speed and layout. Longer than that? Move down in difficulty.

Really, the one thing you need from bounties is a decent RORG. You can re-roll the stats if needed (will need Flawless Topaz), but that item is the key to many endgame builds.

For PS4? Haven't found all the keys yet. But, the rifts are better for experience, etc. The machines are a fun boss fight, but that's pretty much it.

Jabba

Banned
I'm saying it again, the rotating lasers need to be nerfed to oblivion. It's getting old encountering a group of mobs that drop at least 7-10 lasers on the ground and there's nowhere to run if they don't kill you before you know what hits you.

The attack I have trouble with is the freeezing circles. I have a hard time seeing it on the ground. When seeing, there's no problem avoiding it. Guess I don't see as well anymore.

Jolkien

lol just keep at it. I've gotten two pieces of the Akkhan set from her already.

Wait your sure you've got Akkhan (the crusader set) from Kadala ? That wasn't possible on PC and it still isn't. Interesting, found 2 piece while rifting so far but if it's possible on console I know where to sink my blood shards.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Finally finished my crusader set with helmet today. Only took from paragon 100 to 223 to finish it. Every single one was a drop since kadala thinks I want invoker set. I played with holy shotgun for a few minutes very powerful. Be a while before I can play it need way more cool down only in the low 40s. With out near perma AC wrath is to much of an issue. Each beam hits nearly as hard as my blessed hammer. That is with 47% fire and 50% skill on the hammer. I really need to get a hell skull with decent rolls and more toughness.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wait your sure you've got Akkhan (the crusader set) from Kadala ? That wasn't possible on PC and it still isn't. Interesting, found 2 piece while rifting so far but if it's possible on console I know where to sink my blood shards.

they added to the PC a while ago so it is in the console version. She can give you torment only sets now.

quest

Not Banned from OT
You ain't lying. Almost 3.5k shards at Kadala so far and no Gyr's yet. At 15 a pop that's a lot of rolls. Still don't have any set pieces for my Crusader and he's approaching paragon 50. Meanwhile I get a full set in an hour on my Wiz I rarely play. FML.

It is a waste to gamble weapons to many are out there and the odds of getting the one you want is not very good especially at 3x the cost. If you don't have the set gamble that 1 location at a time. Weapon might be nice but the class set is a game changer.

X-Frame

So I just unlocked Adventure Mode and currently doing well on Master difficultly. What should my next steps be? Just do Act 1 bounties and get the cached and then do rifts whenever I can at Master?

So I just unlocked Adventure Mode and currently doing well on Master difficultly. What should my next steps be? Just do Act 1 bounties and get the cached and then do rifts whenever I can at Master?

Pretty much. Hopefully you'll find good drops. Play in a group if you can, slightly better drop rate and it's way more fun.

Did more than 100 Act 1 bounties on both normal and T2, still no sign of RoRG :( Man I never regretted doing something stupid in a game more.

If anyone has one spare I'll gladly trade it for couple of high level gems or few legendary crafting material cause that's all I've got.

Respect

I just killed a nemesis. That nearly turned really bad for me.

Nemesis system never gets old, really cool addition.

As soon as you get the controller feed back and hear the horn...

Michael-Scott-Excited-About-The-Happening-On-The-Office.gif

Always fun when i'm soloing and I hear the horn of death start up for a Nemesis.

Was on my crusader, decently geared for lv15 on expert, and I hear the horns. It's cool says I, i'm in a good location, no mobs in the area, got a follower, etc.

Yeah, he pwned me. Holy crap, both him and the shadow demon hunter with him hit like a ton of bricks. Tried to run, but between them, it was no contest. I just couldn't do any damage and every attack seemed to cost me a third of my life bar.

Love this system so much, always puts the fear into me.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I've never played a Diablo game. I don't usually like RPGs, but I love the Elder Scrolls series. Should I look into this for my PS4?

Respect

I've never played a Diablo game. I don't usually like RPGs, but I love the Elder Scrolls series. Should I look into this for my PS4?

Much more action oriented, not really story focused at all...its all about getting loot and experimenting/optimizing your build to move up to higher difficulties. Then when you get a little stale on that, reroll to a new class and the cycle begins anew.

In comparison to ES, there aren't any choices and consequences in this game in regard to the story elements.

i had some overpowered guy from my FL join my game (story mode) and mowing down everything in front of me. he even mashed away some dialoge scenes :/ i didn't like that, so i pretty much ragequit. couldn't check:

can you turn off online multiplayer while being online? note: i know i can play offline, that's not the question :)

Jolkien

i had some overpowered guy from my FL join my game (story mode) and mowing down everything in front of me. he even mashed away some dialoge scenes :/ i didn't like that, so i pretty much ragequit. couldn't check:

can you turn off online multiplayer while being online? note: i know i can play offline, that's not the question :)

Press start/option or whatever. Press R3 for Network option.

Eric WK

Your game is set to Friends Only by default. You would have had to change it to Open to Public for someone to join that isn't on your friends list. From that same menu you can change it to Invite Only or Closed depending on what you want to do.

Did anyone else play on the unicorn and teddy bear rift yet? It was a little creepy but very awesome.

Also, does the rrog really drop in act 1 caches? Rng is not playimg nice w me...

Eric WK

Did anyone else play on the unicorn and teddy bear rift yet? It was a little creepy but very awesome.

Also, does the rrog really drop in act 1 caches? Rng is not playimg nice w me...

Yup. To make it go faster, drop the difficulty to normal.

I finally got one but the stats aren't the best. =/

Level 21 demon hunter. I just started act 3 last nigth. I love the game, and have played completely solo so far.

I wish I could figure out the fastest way to level. Is playins solo the best way? I am playing on normal difficulty (figured I needed to start low to get the hang of it)... my gear is kinda crappy but I like the damage I do...

So what is the best way to level?
Also.. I have friends that play the game... but can you just jump in to a multiplayer game with non friends?

i would go and up the difficulty two notches to Expert. I went through most of the game on that setting on my first run. it's designed to be switched often and on the fly.

if your blowing through enemies it's time to change it up. plus you get exp bonuses.

Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% gold bonus, 0% XP bonus
Hard: 200% Health, 130% Damage, 75% gold bonus, 75% XP bonus
Expert: 320% Health, 189% Damage, 150% gold bonus, 150% XP bonus
Master: 512% Health, 273% Damage, 225% gold bonus, 225% XP bonus
Torment I: 819% Health, 396% Damage, 300% gold bonus, 300% XP bonus
Torment II: 1311% Health, 575% Damage, 400% gold bonus, 400% XP bonus
Torment III: 2097% Health, 833% Damage, 550% gold bonus, 550% XP bonus
Torment IV: 3355% Health, 1208% Damage, 800% gold bonus, 800% XP bonus
Torment V: 5369% Health, 1752% Damage, 1150% gold bonus, 1150% XP bonus
Torment VI: 8590% Health, 2540% Damage, 1600% gold bonus, 1600% XP bonus

SDCowboy

Yes I'm positive.

benjammin

It's so awesome. My favorite is when the horn goes off and you're walking down a narrow corridor. Dead sprint back the way you came to the first open area you can find!

Number45

What is the "best" Crusader build for level 40ish (Not that builds really matter at that level)

I can't decide if I like 1 handed or 2 handed weapons, + the passive allowing a shield, better
I switch depending on stats, and just alternate between heavenly strength and fervour.

That did the trick!

Thanks a bunch, that helps a lot. Not sure if I turned advanced tool tips myself or if they are off by default, but I'm definitely going to leave them on now that I know whatTthey do.
It's off by default, which is silly. They should at least clue you in to elective mode and advanced tooltips (better than the vague hints on the short loading screens).

Diablo down, reaper of souls time!

Expert posed no real challenge lol
Started act 5 finally and upped it to master and it's definitely a good deal trickier now. Certain elite combos are making me have to think/flee.

Shame the Nemesis rewards aren't anything worth writing home about.
The rewards are given to the person (persons?) that he killed right, rather than the person that finally takes him down?

HGStormy

Banned
Sunk another 500 blood shards to get absolutely nothing.
Looted a Thunderfury sword, but I prefer my awesome staff of 2 hydras.
What drops the ingredients for the Hellfire rings and the infernal machines?

RkOwnage

level 46 in Hardcore, its going mind numblingly slow, mostly because I'm scared to up the difficulty. Anyone got any tips or anything to help me level quicker in HC?

I'm scared. X_X

Imouto

Banned

Either people on my friends list are so good or I'm so unlucky (or lucky?), I haven't met any Nemesis for 3 days. Is there any requirement for it to happen, aside from one of your friend is dead?

level 46 in Hardcore, its going mind numblingly slow, mostly because I'm scared to up the difficulty. Anyone got any tips or anything to help me level quicker in HC?

I'm scared. X_X

maybe look for those EXP pools that spawn?

Either people on my friends list are so good or I'm so unlucky (or lucky?), I haven't met any Nemesis for 3 days. Is there any requirement for it to happen, aside from one of your friend is dead?

it's kinda tied to how many people are on your friends list that have the game. I must have 40-50 gafers on my list and every time I play I will get multiple Nemesis spawns and player mail.

do you know about the D3 GAF list thread?

Top Bottom