• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kyoufu

I'm saying it again, the rotating lasers need to be nerfed to oblivion. It's getting old encountering a group of mobs that drop at least 7-10 lasers on the ground and there's nowhere to run if they don't kill you before you know what hits you.

Wear the amulet that absorbs arcane damage or just kite.

Respect

This question might have a bigger explanation than someone would want to go through here. But, for Monk specifically, I know for crit and crit damage the rule seems to be for every 1% crit you should have 10% crit damage, but where does attack speed factor into the calculation? Are there break points for instance up to 2 attacks per second? Maybe I could be pointed in the direction to somewhere else that the research has been done.

For the record I'm not a huge fan of 2h as that just feels way too sluggish on a Monk...every time I try it, I just get too frustrated, feels like I go from hyper mode to fighting underwater. But if that is significantly better, I suppose I could get accustomed to it.

pffft been through 30+ rifts and no TLoU, been on the cuddle bears rift twice though

Saw this one the other night...needless to say...

h3A6DB83C

ibryN3i1lg0k0N.jpg

My crusader right now. Kinda like the look.

But man, I sure am lacking in the damage department. Have been trying hard to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur or some good set items everyones talking about. Guess my luck ran out at some point, because I got decent drops while leveling.

If someone has a spare Ring of Royal Grandeur or something, maybe want to trade or give me an early birthday present? Don't know how valuable it actually is. PSN is H_Y_F

Also add for fun and grouping up some time =)

Andariel's Visage is so metal. Cool looking Crusader!

Baliis

I've pretty much given up on my, currently, T2 Crusader having good DPS. It just seems like they weren't made to, but to rather have really high survivabillity. The gear that drops for Crusaders makes it pretty obvious that they're supposed to have insane defense over DPS. When I tried focusing solely on DPS, my crusader's damage still sucked and then he was also like a sheet of glass. lol

Crusaders gave great damage and fantastic survivability. You just need a goood set of gear like any other class. I have something like 800k damage right now with over 17mil toughbess, with 50% ele damage, 50skill, 53 cdr, and I'm not even using the final build I want because I haven't found a good weapon

SDCowboy

Crusaders gave great damage and fantastic survivability. You just need a goood set of gear like any other class. I have something like 800k damage right now with over 17mil toughbess, with 50% ele damage, 50skill, 53 cdr, and I'm not even using the final build I want because I haven't found a good weapon

I'm currently working on my Akkhan set (only have two pieces right now), so hopefully that changes things for my Crusader. lol

Kyoufu

Why do I only have 5mil toughness? I'm able to do Torment V.

I'm no good with invincibility frames and the like, does rolling actually let you dodge attacks? If so, does that include laser death beams of rotating annoyance?

SDCowboy

I'm no good with invincibility frames and the like, does rolling actually let you dodge attacks? If so, does that include laser death beams of rotating annoyance?

I tried rolling through those damn lasers, for the few seconds I wasn't trapped inside walls, and they still did damage to me.

Baliis

How much toughness do you get with AC? Is it a specific rune? I've only ever used the Fire Starter rune.

The Prophet rune gives you 150% armor, and will revive you to full hp once if you die while AC is up. Idk exactly how much I gain, but it's a lot. I can roll into elites on t5 and my hp never drops

did Season start yet? i got my game updated for pc lol. i was actually hoping to lvl up my character on ps4 this weekend but i gotta make time for this.

Kyoufu

The Prophet rune gives you 150% armor, and will revive you to full hp once if you die while AC is up. Idk exactly how much I gain, but it's a lot. I can roll into elites on t5 and my hp never drops

Thanks. Unfortunately with the Fist of the Heavens fire build I can't use that rune. However I must say the Indestructible passive is very very good.

Jolkien

Played with gaffer last night rifting on torment 3. Lots of fun. But I wish some people would get that I don't always have to cough up the 5 key to open a rift, they can too sometimes. Went through about 100 keys yesterday.

Level 21 demon hunter. I just started act 3 last nigth. I love the game, and have played completely solo so far.

I wish I could figure out the fastest way to level. Is playins solo the best way? I am playing on normal difficulty (figured I needed to start low to get the hang of it)... my gear is kinda crappy but I like the damage I do...

So what is the best way to level?
Also.. I have friends that play the game... but can you just jump in to a multiplayer game with non friends?

HGStormy

Banned
Level 21 demon hunter. I just started act 3 last nigth. I love the game, and have played completely solo so far.

I wish I could figure out the fastest way to level. Is playins solo the best way? I am playing on normal difficulty (figured I needed to start low to get the hang of it)... my gear is kinda crappy but I like the damage I do...

Also.. I have friends that play the game... but can you just jump in to a multiplayer game with non friends?

I would just play through the campaign at your own pace before worrying about leveling, and yes you can hop into public multiplayer games with randoms, or make your game public so other people can join.

I would just play through the campaign at your own pace before worrying about leveling, and yes you can hop into public multiplayer games with randoms, or make your game public so other people can join.

I have heard that people can gift you items... Do they have to be on your friends list? Or can you just get random stuff mailed to you? My mailbox has cobwebs in it as I have yet to get the first piece of mail... lol

Once you feel comfortable with it bump the difficulty up a notch...you'll get more experience the harder you set it. You're on Normal now so at some point at least put it on Hard.

I have heard that people can gift you items... Do they have to be on your friends list? Or can you just get random stuff mailed to you? My mailbox has cobwebs in it as I have yet to get the first piece of mail... lol

The gifts are just for people on your friends list. When a Legendary item drops there is a chance a "gift" will drop that is set to one of the people on your friends list. Those can only be sent to the person who is listed on the item.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looted a stone of jordan. Too bad it's crap ): Got disconnected from my internet and couldn't solo my rift on T3 so I had to abandon it </3

Edit: What the hell are purple items? I keep seeing them drop from rift guardians but I've never been able to pick one up ):

I keep getting legendaries that I can't use (I'm a wizard), but if anyone wants one I'd be happy to send it to them. Best ones I have are a crushbane 2H mace and a thundergod's vigor belt

If you still have that mace I may find use for it. :)

PSN: OldKingKratos

SDCowboy

Good Lord...this just changed the game for me. Thanks, bro. :)

Once you feel comfortable with it bump the difficulty up a notch...you'll get more experience the harder you set it. You're on Normal now so at some point at least put it on Hard.

The gifts are just for people on your friends list. When a Legendary item drops there is a chance a "gift" will drop that is set to one of the people on your friends list. Those can only be sent to the person who is listed on the item.

So there is a chance that somebody on my friends list will get something to send to me? That is cool... So maybe my mailbox will get some use.

Voidance

I'm kinda getting burned out. I've been playing this pretty heavily since launch and a bit of boredom is starting to set in. I haven't been getting any upgrades, either, which may be a contributing factor. I need new loot to make me care about playing, I guess, which is sort of the main draw for the game.

RNGsus, I'll give you another shot tonight, then you start to lose my interest. Neither of us really want that to happen.

SDCowboy

I'm kinda getting burned out. I've been playing this pretty heavily since launch and a bit of boredom is starting to set in. I haven't been getting any upgrades, either, which may be a contributing factor. I need new loot to make me care about playing, I guess, which is sort of the main draw for the game.

RNGsus, I'll give you another shot tonight, then you start to lose my interest. Neither of us really want that to happen.

This is what I was saying earlier about Blizz needing to add new sets pretty regularly if not monthly. Once Destiny comes out, they're likely going to need incentive for people to keep playing or to come back...and if all that there is to grind for is the same set pieces people already have, I don't see it happening, as great as this game is. This is a loot grind game, period, and if there isn't constantly new loot to grind for, people will stop playing.

Imouto

Banned
My adventure map always has act I and II with double shard bonus rewards. Is it fixed? I tried quitting the game and it still only has act I and II as double reward bonus.

Voidance

This is what I was saying earlier about Blizz needing to add new sets pretty regularly if not monthly. Once Destiny comes out, they're likely going to need incentive for people to keep playing or to come back...and if all that there is to grind for is the same set pieces people already have, I don't see it happening, as great as this game is. This is a loot grind game, period, and if there isn't constantly new loot to grind for, people will stop playing.
It's a valid point. I don't even have great gear, either, but I get nothing better than the yellows and legendaries I already have. It's really frustrating since I know most of what I have isn't anywhere close to BiS.

ibryN3i1lg0k0N.jpg

My crusader right now. Kinda like the look.

But man, I sure am lacking in the damage department. Have been trying hard to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur or some good set items everyones talking about. Guess my luck ran out at some point, because I got decent drops while leveling.

If someone has a spare Ring of Royal Grandeur or something, maybe want to trade or give me an early birthday present? Don't know how valuable it actually is. PSN is H_Y_F

Also add for fun and grouping up some time =)
Do you have Gyrfalcon's Foote? I'll trade a RoRG for it :p

LkPr

It sucks getting some pretty awesome legendary loot drops pre level 70 :(

I was rocking both a SoJ ring (Holy dmg) and Gryfalcons Foot on my Crusader that were between level 40-50 and now that I'm almost level 70 these items are being replaced by standard Rares

Too bad I can't up the level of a Legendary

I was rocking both a SoJ ring (Holy dmg) and Gryfalcons Foot on my Crusader that were between level 40-50 and now that I'm almost level 70 these items are being replaced by standard Rares

My first even Legendary was a Darklight. Around level 6 or something. Yeah...now that I know better that kinda sucked.

You ain't lying. Almost 3.5k shards at Kadala so far and no Gyr's yet. At 15 a pop that's a lot of rolls. Still don't have any set pieces for my Crusader and he's approaching paragon 50. Meanwhile I get a full set in an hour on my Wiz I rarely play. FML.

darkwing

You ain't lying. Almost 3.5k shards at Kadala so far and no Gyr's yet. At 15 a pop that's a lot of rolls. Still don't have any set pieces for my Crusader and he's approaching paragon 50. Meanwhile I get a full set in an hour on my Wiz I rarely play. FML.

RNG , it has a fickle mind

SDCowboy

It's a valid point. I don't even have great gear, either, but I get nothing better than the yellows and legendaries I already have. It's really frustrating since I know most of what I have isn't anywhere close to BiS.

Are you spending your blood shards at Kadala?

Daximuss

My adventure map always has act I and II with double shard bonus rewards. Is it fixed? I tried quitting the game and it still only has act I and II as double reward bonus.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
Why are act I & II always the bonus acts?

Voidance

lol just keep at it. I've gotten two pieces of the Akkhan set from her already.
This really doesn't make me feel any better, lol.

I've thrown lots of shards at her and have only seen one set piece and it was from Blackthorne. I'd be giddy with excitement if I saw anything Akkan.

Top Bottom