• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Audioboxer

GAF is it worth it going with a ton more damage for my Crusader? I think it would be best... I'm only on expert difficulty and have only died a few times.

IMG_20140829_184625.jpg

hydruxo

sometimes i forget there are nemesis. i'm like why is my DS4 vibrating. i stop and listen and hear the horns.

also there's now many types of nemesis? just one monster type with random abilities?

Yeah just one as far as I know, but I did have a couple times where I got numerous nemesis at once. Still not sure if it was a glitch or what, but I got destroyed haha.

Yeah just one as far as I know, but I did have a couple times where I got numerous nemesis at once. Still not sure if it was a glitch or what, but I got destroyed haha.

I could have sworn one time I had a nemesis spawn with 4-5 phantoms (killed players). maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

LOLCats

Banned
So I got Nemesis Bracers last night. Wasnt sure what i had until today i guess. Trying that out tonight when i get home.

Imouto

Banned
Under their HP bar, you will see how many people are killed by them.

it's kinda tied to how many people are on your friends list that have the game. I must have 40-50 gafers on my list and every time I play I will get multiple Nemesis spawns and player mail.

do you know about the D3 GAF list thread?

I have about 30 or so. I added a bunch of people in that Gaf thread, too.
Also, I died roughly 20 times today (tried move up an difficulty to see how I fare), but not a single portal was opened, so I kinda wondering is there any requirement for it to appear. I'm always online.

Respect

Is there a way to distinguish the level of the Nemesis you're facing? They're all big, red, fast, and scary to me.

You can tell by the number of shades (shadows of the those he has killed) that accompany him...the more that he has, the more he has killed.

(The portraits of those he killed show up under his health bar as well I think.)

In thinking about the way the system works, it almost encourages you to die if he has only 1 or no shades with him...let him level and let a friend kill him and you get a legendary gift reward....don't think my pride would allow me to intentionally lose the battle though.

I have about 30 or so. I added a bunch of people in that Gaf thread, too.
Also, I died roughly 20 times today (tried move up an difficulty to see how I fare), but not a single portal was opened, so I kinda wondering is there any requirement for it to appear. I'm always online.

the only time they won't spawn is in town or a boss battle. they can even spawn offline, i had this happen on Sunday when PSN was down. Nemesis - Killer of: Goodacre0081

X-Frame

Wow I just got a Stone of Jordan, Level 70 in the mail from a friend.

20% Lightning skill damage, 488 Strength, 437 Vitality, Increases Wrath Regen by 1.95/sec, 143 Lightning Resist, and +28% Damage to Elites.

How are those stats?

20% Lightning skill damage, 488 Strength, 437 Vitality, Increases Wrath Regen by 1.95/sec, 143 Lightning Resist, and +28% Damage to Elites.

How are those stats?

That's a good ring. Maybe you could reroll the vitality if you don't need it, or re-roll the lightning resist to "reduce crowd control effects by x%."

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
it's kinda tied to how many people are on your friends list that have the game. I must have 40-50 gafers on my list and every time I play I will get multiple Nemesis spawns and player mail.

do you know about the D3 GAF list thread?

I have the issue of a severe lack of Nemesis spawns as well. Have about 100 GAF friends since launch, and I get email loot constantly, but Nemesis never seems to spawn for me to fight.

Gifts to others also spawn almost never for me as well. Again, I get gifts from others all the time(mailbox has a bunch everytime I sign in), but I can't remember the last time I actually sent one out to the hundred+ on my friends list playing.

Pretty annoyed actually. Something seems up, or maybe I just have crummy luck on the random chance I am chosen for a Nemesis.

turnbuckle

I stopped playing a little bit after brawling was introduced in the pc version (roughly 18 months ago). I was pretty heavy into the game at the time and knew what was good and what wasn't back then but now I'm going in raw on PS4 and not sure what all the changes are in Reaper of Souls. I can tell there are plenty...but is there a good post or thread or site that fully details the changes?

I guess it'd be a combination of changes from DIII to reaper of souls, and then further what the changes are from the PC version to the console.

I haven't died yet but have come close a bunch. Playing a crusader on expert.

Oh, another thing - I got DIII on my PS3 with my brother's account. Since he was the one that purchased it would I not be able to transfer over my stuff?

Sorry if all of this has been answered (I'm sure it has).

level 46 in Hardcore, its going mind numblingly slow, mostly because I'm scared to up the difficulty. Anyone got any tips or anything to help me level quicker in HC?

I'm scared. X_X

I got to 70 on hard with a Witch Doctor. From 60-70 there were some close calls while doing Rifts. Probably shouldn't have been using Nemesis bracers. lol

Crusader is probably the best class to play if you just want to get through HC for the Trophies.
Difficulty should be the same as you would treat regular characters, the highest you can go while still being able to kill stuff quick. That being said, make sure you have an escape in your buttons. This is vitally important, because in Rifts you can suddenly find yourself bounced from one group of elites to 3, then you're dealing with 4 packs sending out all kinds of crazy shit. If you can't escape or have some kind of burst survivability skill, you are fucked.

How are those stats?

Great rolls on everything, though I think you lucked out with the Lightning damage. I could be wrong but I'm not sure if that is used by Crusaders? Maybe roll the Vitality into a damage modifier like Critical hit chance or damage.

So, do people care about teammates' gear in random bounty groups?
Would they mind if I jump into their T3-5 game with my lvl 20 character?

SDCowboy

So, do people care about teammates' gear in random bounty groups?
Would they mind if I jump into their T3-5 game with my lvl 20 character?

If you jump into Torment with your lvl 20 character, I'm pretty sure you would get destroyed. You'd get the buff, but your gear would be horrible.

I officially hate the Crusader. I'm level 68, and tearing through Torment....but my main task is to tank. And to do that and protect others I have to use Provoke. And over and over I've had the ability not work, and monsters keep chasing party members.I can immobolize a bit, but hell, I can do that with other classes too.

I've restarted as a Wizard.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
can some diablo gafffers ad my psn please. Ashley278

Evil Beaver

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat
Socket (ALWAYS SOCKET YOUR WEAPON!(Emerald)

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bounties on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

Bump because it's solid advice.

MOTHA FUCKIN VACATION in 2 hours!- Im pumped too :)

My vacation starts tomorrow as well..I have a Lady Friend coming in for the weekend. We've been planning this for weeks and I'd put together so many fun things for us to do. :(

*Donell Jones- "Where i wanna be plays" in the background*

ha ha, of course I plan to thoroughly enjoy myself and show her a good time..but i'll feel like my heart is in two places the whole while. :|

If you jump into Torment with your lvl 20 character, I'm pretty sure you would get destroyed. You'd get the buff, but your gear would be horrible.
Yeah, I know I won't be able to do much, but would it negatively impact their game if I just roll with them for a while? Or would it be considered leeching?

Hey Gaf really need some help here. A sword just dropped for me which I assume is better than what I have. What stat should I enchant to get the socket on the new sword?

RWlGUTE.jpg

Great rolls on everything, though I think you lucked out with the Lightning damage. I could be wrong but I'm not sure if that is used by Crusaders? Maybe roll the Vitality into a damage modifier like Critical hit chance or damage.

It's the best in slot for a crusader now he needs a rrog or unity.

Korosenai

So ive seen all this talk about the stone of jordan, and decided I wanted to try and get one.... Well it turns out ive had it on my Crusader this whole time and didnt even realize it lol.

Im going to get rid of the +144 physical resistance stat and enchant a gem slot onto it.

Silav101

Finally getting there. Still missing a Cindercoat and Magefist for my pure Conflagration fire build.

dbRpTLT.jpg

Anyone interested in joining me for some T1/T2 rifts, just hop into my game :) I got like 50 keys, might as well use 'em!

PSN EU, id is my username.

TehPabz

I'm down to play anytime! Always looking forward to getting online and looking at my mail box for free mail but it's always empty lol I am doing torment 1 and 2 right now on my barbarian if you guys want to play add me on ps4 my GT is Teh R3AP3R see y'all in hell!

LkPr

Anyone that's interested I am going to be running Normal Bounties tonight as soon as I hit lvl 70 (I am 69 right now) with my crusader. I need some gear upgrades so I can take on Torment so i'll hopefully be doing some split bounty farming.

Add me on PSN - LkPr

Will be on at 8PM EST and onwards

SkylineRKR

I try to get Natalya but I got Danetta's Revenge. I am built around Vault so its not that bad. I guess I should focus on Spite now. It seems that Vault will cost Hatred then which is great.

But damage of the weapon sucks.

Using Cain's set parts by lack of better, but thanks to RoRG its rather decent for T1 runs.

Voidance

Anyone that's interested I am going to be running Normal Bounties tonight as soon as I hit lvl 70 (I am 69 right now) with my crusader. I need some gear upgrades so I can take on Torment so i'll hopefully be doing some split bounty farming.

Add me on PSN - LkPr

Will be on at 8PM EST and onwards
I'll add you. I am down for split farming -- I need RoRG too!

Top Bottom