• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Admodieus

Looking for a few good people to run some T2-T3 rifts tonight, preferably with voice chat and US-based (to minimize latency for all). I just got my Marauder's 4 set bonus and am looking to rack up some forgotten souls. Shoot me a message or friend me, my PSN name is Admodieus.

Has anyone else experienced this odd issue on the PS4? I've been playing through Act IV today and at one point the frame rate/music started stuttering a lot. I was installing a few updates at the time. I powered off the console, removed and reinstalled Diablo III and the patch and then completed Act IV with no further problems.

I was then playing Act V while downloading the Wolfenstein patch. Everything was fine for a long while but then the same issue started happening again incidentally around the exact same time the Wolfenstein patch finished/installed. Coincidence? I hope so, as I don't want the issue to be with the console itself :(

Here's what my female Crusader look like so far:

DiabloIIIScreenshot2014-08-2912-48-46.png~original

When I first activated Akarat's Champion, I was surprised to see her get bulky armor o_O

Yeah, I know I won't be able to do much, but would it negatively impact their game if I just roll with them for a while? Or would it be considered leeching?

I wouldn't mind if someone on my friend list came in with a low level character looking to level up. But if a random game into a pub game, I wouldn't really like it (if I was running at T5/6). An extra party member would make the enemies tougher, and if they were low level they wouldn't be able to contribute much. Add me to your friend list and I can help you level.

Finally getting there. Still missing a Cindercoat and Magefist for my pure Conflagration fire build.

dbRpTLT.jpg

Anyone interested in joining me for some T1/T2 rifts, just hop into my game :) I got like 50 keys, might as well use 'em!

PSN EU, id is my username.

I have a spare Magefist I can give you. I'll add you to my friend list and mail it to you.

fernoca

Right gaffers, I've just bought this, never played a Diablo before, do I go with normal or hard?
First timer here and loving this. Started on Normal, then gradually upped the difficulty. You can change it any time. In my case was: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Torment..wat?hell no...Master.

Currently finishing Act V with a level 67 Monk; solo.

SDCowboy

Yeah, I know I won't be able to do much, but would it negatively impact their game if I just roll with them for a while? Or would it be considered leeching?

Yes, I would think so. If you're in a PUG made for 4 people and only 3 are doing anything, that negatively impacts the group.

SkylineRKR

Yeah start with Normal, I did so too. Otherwise enemies take too long. Once you have some yellow gear you can go to Hard for increased rewards. By the end of Act 2 I played on Expert until the very end and nothing was a drag to shoot through.

Memnoch

Hey guys, thanks for all the friend requests. Looking forward to gaming with you all!

psn: memnoch1010

xbox: meadoch

Saganator

I want my ring so I'll be running Act I split on Normal. I'll be on in about an hour and a half (430 Pacific). I'll either run with the ppl who posted above me or my own. Add me if you're interested. PSN Trucido

Memnoch

Yeah start with Normal, I did so too. Otherwise enemies take too long. Once you have some yellow gear you can go to Hard for increased rewards. By the end of Act 2 I played on Expert until the very end and nothing was a drag to shoot through.

I'm lvl 17 and playing on Expert since the beginning. It hasn't been that hard, especially with the templar follower healing me constantly. Some of the bosses do take quite a while to burn through on this setting.

Right gaffers, I've just bought this, never played a Diablo before, do I go with normal or hard?
I'd suggest for your first play through do it on Hard so you can enjoy the game for the game instead of just ploughing through everything.

For subsequent characters then normal is more efficient (at low levels) for levelling.

I just got to Act 2 on HC and I'm thinking of bumping up my difficulty to Expert... not sure if my stats will suffice (pic a few posts up of my current build).

fernoca

Ha ha, yeah. Torment is basically only for level 70 characters.
Good to know. Seems possible to me, but take too long to beat one enemy currently.

Then what it still causing me problem across any difficulty: those arcane lasers!

My freaking monk beat Diablo, Belial...oh..but some scarabs shooting lasers is too much. :/

SkylineRKR

I just got to Act 2 on HC and I'm thinking of bumping up my difficulty to Expert... not sure if my stats will suffice (pic a few posts up of my current build).

I found Act V to be quite a spike in difficulty, perhaps it was just me though. But for the first 4 it might work out on Expert.

SkylineRKR

Good to know. Seems possible to me, but take too long to beat one enemy currently.

Then what it still causing me problem across any difficulty: those arcane lasers!

My freaking monk beat Diablo, Belial...oh..but some scarabs shooting lasers is too much. :/

I trashed the bosses on Expert solo, never died against any one of them I think. But some of those elite combinations... damn.

Lets say that Arcane and Wallers are the bane of my existence.

Korezo

How do I pick more than one skill from same category and assign to a button? Like for DH I want to use multishot and cluster of arrow, how do I put one to be r1 and the other another button?

Einhandr

DiabloGAF, I just got my gyr, but know I've got a tough decision to make: which one of these three stats should be re-rolled to add a socket?

1056-1302 poison damage
639 strength
7% IAS

I'm thinking the IAS is a no-brainer but I'm incredibly nervous. Please tell me that's the obvious choice lol.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm seeing that area damage can be re-rolled to a socket. Win!

How do I pick more than one skill from same category and assign to a button? Like for DH I want to use multishot and cluster of arrow, how do I put one to be r1 and the other another button?

Go into the options and turn on Elective Mode. Why Blizzard has it off by default is annoying.

Swangod

Neo Member
Go into the options and turn on Elective Mode. Why Blizzard has it off by default is annoying.

I didn't even know you could do that. I was looking at builds online, and I was thinking "you can't have two skills from the same category! It's impossible." Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the tip.

I did expert from start to finish. Works out great.

I found Act V to be quite a spike in difficulty, perhaps it was just me though. But for the first 4 it might work out on Expert.

Darn... I'll give it a go. Just a bit worried when I get to the desert because of those beasts that hop at you. They do a lot of damage.

Also, I'm still tinkering around with my skill set-up. Should I have the Holy Cause passive skill active? Not sure if I'm doing Holy damage yet, but the 1% convert to heal is nice.

Anyone that's interested I am going to be running Normal Bounties tonight as soon as I hit lvl 70 (I am 69 right now) with my crusader. I need some gear upgrades so I can take on Torment so i'll hopefully be doing some split bounty farming.

Add me on PSN - LkPr

Will be on at 8PM EST and onwards

Would like to join, i have a mic as well. Added you on PSN.

Anyone else got the staff of herding yet for the ps4 version?

Farmed izual and the crysal caverns for god knows how long and haven't got the plans nor the gibbering stone :-(

naib

Just got legendary pants called hammer jammers its flavor text or whatever is "these large pants cannot be touched" lol
Awesome. :lol

Just got my copy from Amazon. Stuck on 4G for awhile so won't be partying up yet but would still like friend adds for trades, gifts, nemesis, etc.
PSN same as GAF name. naib
edit: playing on PS4.

So eager to leave work...

Okay, people are rightfully complaining that element- and skill-specifc bonuses are not being reflected in any of the damage calculations on your character sheet, making it hard to see the effect of different gear and skill combinations. The general consensus seems to be that these bonuses should somehow be reflected in your Damage stat ("sheet DPS"), but since the bonuses are situational, they don't really belong in your "base damage" calculation, which is what Damage really is.

We've got a few factors we need to multiply to determine our final, in-combat DPS. Obviously, Damage would be the first. Next we have any applicable Elemental and Skill Bonuses, and finally, the Skill Modifier itself, as listed in the skill description. We multiply these together to calculate our final DPS.

But multiplication can be done in any order, with any grouping you like, and the results will always be the same. All of these statements are equivalent:
Code:
A) Damage * Elemental Bonus * Skill Bonus * Skill Modifier
B) (Damage * Elemental Bonus) * Skill Bonus * Skill Modifier
C) (Damage * Elemental Bonus * Skill Bonus) * Skill Modifier
D) Damage * (Elemental Bonus * Skill Bonus * Skill Modifier)

A) is what we have now, where all of the factors are listed for you and you need to do all of the math in your head, which is pretty lame, I agree. Most people seem to feel the best solution is B), grouping the Elemental Bonus in with the Damage on your sheet. Or maybe they think it should be C), since Skill Bonus should be factored in somewhere. But then you need to determine what skills you're even talking about for the sheet DPS… Actually, I'm not sure this group is 100% clear on what they actually want instead of A). lol

I propose that D) is actually the best solution; grouping the bonuses with the actual Skill Mod in the skill's actual description. Let's assume you have +50% Fire and +25% Meteor slotted, and take a look at the description for Meteor.

Right now, the basic description reads "501% weapon damage as Fire," and the description for Star Pact reads, "damage turns to Arcane."
Yes, intentionally ignoring DoT effect for simplicity.
I propose that — thanks to your bonuses — the descriptions should instead read, "939% weapon damage as Fire," and "626% weapon damage as Arcane," respectively. This will tell the players the true, modified damage of the skill/rune in question. The basic Meteor will do 9.4x your sheet DPS, and the Star Pact will do 6.3x Damage.

To reflect these buffs in the UI for the player, the 939% figure should be prepended by a double green-up, and the 626% for Star Pact should get a single green-up, to reflect how many buffs they're getting to reach the displayed figure. To show the actual Skill Modifier without bonuses, the player can tap Left on the d-pad to show the unmodified value (501%) in much the same manner that affix ranges are currently displayed for gear.

This change will not only allow players to directly see the effects of element and skill bonuses from their gear, but it will also allow them to make more of an apples-to-apples comparison when shopping for skills and runes. In our above example, the reduced AP cost of Star Pact may seem less worthwhile when you can directly see the effect of losing your Fire bonus. On the other hand, if your skill and element bonuses were reversed, then the tradeoff may seem more worthwhile. With this new method, the effect of your gear on different skills is immediately apparent, because it's reflected in the skills themselves.

I was gonna propose this to Blizzard, since a lot of people seem dissatisfied with the current setup, but I wanted to see what y'all thought about the basic idea, whether I was missing anything, etc.

Jinjo

I've had a few sets drop, but most of them were when I was still low level (20-50'ish) (Ashera, Cain and Brog or something), did RNG bone me out of getting these at lv70 now? Or can they drop again at higher levels?

Vorheez

Why does my barb suck so much asshole. I've tried the DH and WD but the barb is my favourite so it pains me greatly to see him get smashed repeatedly. He's level 70(24) and I'm playing on T1, I've tried following some builds but haven't had much luck.

Help me guys. I need some tips!

Number45

Darn... I'll give it a go. Just a bit worried when I get to the desert because of those beasts that hop at you. They do a lot of damage.

Also, I'm still tinkering around with my skill set-up. Should I have the Holy Cause passive skill active? Not sure if I'm doing Holy damage yet, but the 1% convert to heal is nice.
Holy Cause is a flat 10% damage buff, it's the heal that's reliant on holy damage.

Anyone else got the staff of herding yet for the ps4 version?

Farmed izual and the crysal caverns for god knows how long and haven't got the plans nor the gibbering stone :-(
I got the plans from Izual when I beat him for the first time in the story mode. I also found the cavern and the mob (can't remember the name) in act 3 for the stone but it didn't drop. :(

SkylineRKR

I've had a few sets drop, but most of them were when I was still low level (20-50'ish) (Ashera, Cain and Brog or something), did RNG bone me out of getting these at lv70 now? Or can they drop again at higher levels?

They drop again. I have both Cain sets. I currently use the level 70 version. The one you have is level 23 or so.

Top Bottom