• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Loonz

PC version is stored on battle net. Console is stored locally hence character transfers from last gen to current gen consoles. It's also the reason console version is not getting seasons/leaderboards.

:(

BTW, I consider this game's gameplay simply legendary. It's so smooth, and there so many items now that are game changers... you can play for hundreds of hours and still discover new ways to play a class, not to say if you play different classes...

I just love this game. It's incredible. Love it.

For those who played the first console version, gameplay design has changed so radically from then to the current game (post Reaper of Souls expansion) that the game feels completely new. Not joking here, I was surprised back then. So don't worry about the game feeling old news, you're gonna enjoy it a lot anyway.

Loonz

Is there more build variety in RoS?

I loved my WD in vanilla D3 but I got tired of just spamming CoB at high levels.

Forget completely about vanilla D3 gameplay, no matter the class. FORGET ABOUT IT. Reaper of Souls changed the gameplay from down to top. It's totally new now. Believe me on this.

WDs are a totally different beast now. All the classes really. Game's math is completely new as well. Everything feels new. Even the difficulty ladder is totally different. If Blizzard was a less responsible company they could have called the game Diablo 4*, simply on the changes on gameplay.

*that might be an exaggeration on my part xD.

Dahbomb

Nah, I think your post is a great example on the state of things. While there is a ranking for each class, it's not as big of a gap as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Honestly 2.1 is just going to make the game weirder because every class is going to have more T6 options, it's just that T6 is no longer the meta-game goal posts (as that will be Greater Rifts). If you're not someone who is obsessed with being at the absolute top of a leader board but still value being able to do T6 pretty much every class is going to be in a "good place."
Every class in 2.1 is going to have like a dozens of build that will be T6 viable. At this point the balancing and benchmark from "how does this perform on T6" to "how does this perform at GR 30-40".

ZenaxPure

Every class in 2.1 is going to have like a dozens of build that will be T6 viable. At this point the balancing and benchmark from "how does this perform on T6" to "how does this perform at GR 30-40".

Yeah, I was pretty much typing the same thing in response to the guy that asked about build diversity.

It really does just depend on what you want to achieve. Even in the current game (pre-2.1) there is a boat load of different builds people play, it's just most of those cap out at around Torment 4. That's obviously a problem for a lot of people because they want to reach Torment 6, trying to do that limits what builds you can use....

Until 2.1 anyway. As Dahbomb says there is going to be a ton of T6 viable builds in 2.1, this is from Blizzard buffing nearly every skill in the game and changing a lot of items to make them better. But then the new problem will be "This build can do T6, but, it can't do Greater Rift 40" so reaching that point will again limit build diversity in some way.

However... This is a better problem to have, because the only reasons to reach higher Greater Rift ranks is for leaderboard purposes and upgrading your legendary gem. Leaderboards are whatever which only leaves the legendary gems, going up ranks makes it easier to upgrade them, but, it's not impossible if you aren't reaching the highest ranks. Also I do believe the most recent PTR patch made it way easier to rank up the gems to where you unlock their second ability (which is probably the most important part of the gem process anyway).

For those who played the first console version, gameplay design has changed so radically from then to the current game (post Reaper of Souls expansion) that the game feels completely new. Not joking here, I was surprised back then. So don't worry about the game feeling old news, you're gonna enjoy it a lot anyway.

Good to know. My level 60 wizard isn't going to feel underpowered going into the expansion, is she? My DPS is a bit over 100k.

PC version is stored on battle net. Console is stored locally hence character transfers from last gen to current gen consoles. It's also the reason console version is not getting seasons/leaderboards.

With that said if my friend starts his character on my ps4 for couch co op how do I trabsfer that character to him if he decides to buy it

Drame

Seems that pre-loading on PSN is starting soonish as I just got an email saying that my ore-order has been paid in full.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Thanks to a nieve sales guy my local Asda have broken street day and I am installing the PS4 version of this right now.

Curious to see if my X360 characters come over straight away without a hitch.

Seems that pre-loading on PSN is starting soonish as I just got an email saying that my ore-order has been paid in full.

Pre load on PSN? wha whaaat?

Thanks to a nieve sales guy my local Asda have broken street day and I am installing the PS4 version of this right now.

Curious to see if my X360 characters come over straight away without a hitch.

Pretty sure you need to do a USB transfer.

hellfire ring quest-

you gotta play inferno: kill the keywardens in each act- open the door in tristram-fight the random bosses that show up ad hope they drop all the ingredients to make the ring-

usually requires multiple keywarden runs

Totally missed out on this, but oh so woefully unprepared for it where I left off, couldn't even scratch enemies in any of the higher difficulties :(

Is there anything like the Hellfire ring quest (does it still have the Infernal machine quest?) in UEE on last gen consoles?

I'd like a chance to fight 2 high powered bosses at once when I've mastered my crusader! (whom I plan to call Father Alexander. Amen.)

Jolkien

Totally missed out on this, but oh so woefully unprepared for it where I left off, couldn't even scratch enemies in any of the higher difficulties :(

Is there anything like the Hellfire ring quest (does it still have the Infernal machine quest?) in UEE on last gen consoles?

I'd like a chance to fight 2 high powered bosses at once when I've mastered my crusader! (whom I plan to call Father Alexander. Amen.)

There's a lvl 70 version of Hellfire ring to acquire in Reaper of Souls.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Immediate PS4 patch was 101MB

Not sure if thats the version with the frame rate fix correcting the issues that Digital Foundry found but one is up already.

X360 characters came straight in. It just asked me if I wanted to check Blizzards server for data, I said yes, it found it and away we go. Pretty damn seamless.

Midnight PST.

Who's telling the truth?!

BGQZIPA.png

gruenel

I preordered D3 on the German PSN store and now I have this on my download list:

I guess the 20GB version is the plain English version (which I want), but why is the German version almost twice as big? My guess is that the "German" version is actually the EU version with a few other languages. Anyone know anything about this? I just want to be sure what to download.

I preordered D3 on the German PSN store and now I have this on my download list:

I guess the 20GB version is the plain English version (which I want), but why is the German version almost twice as big? My guess is that the "German" version is actually the EU version with a few other languages. Anyone know anything about this? I just want to be sure what to download.

I think you're right.

Yeah, the different languages is what causes the huge file for EU. I believe you have to download the whole thing =/

ChuckNyce

That didn't have a pre-load though.

?___?

Rogue Legacy (which came out the same night as TLOU Remastered and had a pre-load), did unlock at midnight EST. I looked at a couple other preorder pages and the unlock times seem to vary, some say Midnight PST and others say Midnight EST...weird.

Edit:

14916903506_24d5e02786_z.jpg

Fox1304

Got the game on PS4 today in the mail.
Thank you Amazon, and french 15th of August being a no-delivery day.
Can't wait to dive back in, but I'll need my lended PS3 game to transfer my save :(

Immediate PS4 patch was 101MB

Not sure if thats the version with the frame rate fix correcting the issues that Digital Foundry found but one is up already.

X360 characters came straight in. It just asked me if I wanted to check Blizzards server for data, I said yes, it found it and away we go. Pretty damn seamless.

What did it say when you click on Update history ?

So, if we no longer have our PS3, are we outta luck with the account transfer? Or, do we just need to link our accounts and the server will remember us?

This is a question for anyone who has pre-ordered the PS4 digital version on PSN...

On your Download List what items are listed to download? I have the full game and the Infernal Pauldrons. None of the other bonuses (Spectral Minion, Transmog Tomes, and 3 Character Slots) are listed. Is this the same for everyone?

Pop

This is a question for anyone who has pre-ordered the PS4 digital version on PSN...

On your Download List what items are listed to download? I have the full game and the Infernal Pauldrons. None of the other bonuses (Spectral Minion, Transmog Tomes, and 3 Character Slots) are listed. Is this the same for everyone?

I only have the two.

Every time I look at UEE on PS4 or on PC I can find no evidence that there's any preload. Just the countdown till release. I'm using US PSN.

I want to believe..

Top Bottom