• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BFIB

I'm playing Mario 3D world, TLOU and my season of MLB. I have a strong feeling I'll buy this digital. Game is crack!

Anyone rolling a female Crusader? Who has the better voice work: male or female?

630566.jpg

633304.jpg

GravyButt

Do I want to do demon hunter or barbarian.

Sounds weird but I got a brain injury that caused damage and I have a really hard time multitasking and paying attention.

What class would be easiest for that?

bender

What time is it?
Just came home with a copy (Game Force in Aurora for Colorado GAF).

Downloading the update now but I can stream if anyone is interested.

Anyone rolling a female Crusader? Who has the better voice work: male or female?

I'm probably going to get my Wizard max leveled before starting a new game. When I do, I'll most likely play a Crusader. How is the crusader class as far as offense? Are they mainly melee characters with support spells like the Monk?

Kyoufu

I'm probably going to get my Wizard max leveled before starting a new game. When I do, I'll most likely play a Crusader. How is the crusader class as far as offense? Are they mainly melee characters with support spells like the Monk?

Nah, Crusaders get to enjoy both great defense as well as great offense. You can YouTube some endgame builds to get an idea of how good they can be with the right build.

ZenaxPure

Midrange characters, they have a mix of melee attacks (like a shield bash) and some ranged attacks (like a shield toss).

For their most popular current endgame builds being as close as you can to an enemy benefits them for various reasons, but, when stuff gets hot they can back away and still attack.

Nhutty

Never played a Diablo game before,

Is this game still fun even when playing by yourself?

and is there drop in and out COOP like Destiny or do you need to form a group before you start playing?

Never played a Diablo game before,

Is this game still fun even when playing by yourself?

and is there drop in and out COOP like Destiny or do you need to form a group before you start playing?
very fun solo or with groups IMO. solo you have a companion you can kit-out as well so it's kinda fun for that and you are never alone-

yes drop in out was available in D3 years before destiny. :)

drotahorror

Why they gotta make the east coast people wait until 3AM? =/

9PM PST should be the standard.

Because their servers would have had a complete meltdown probably. Back when it was released on PC @ 3AM EST, it was a giant mess even at that time in the morning. It was ridiculous.

But yeah honestly I don't think that would be a problem since it's multiple different platforms, no logins (the main culprit back then), etc. Just blizzard being blizzard I suppose.

Nhutty

very fun solo or with groups IMO. solo you have a companion you can kit-out as well so it's kinda fun for that and you are never alone-

yes drop in out was available in D3 years before destiny. :)

awesome, looks like its a day one purchase for me!

Do people Voice chat in this game?

OmegaDL50

So then when playing as a Crusader. Do I have to use a Flail to get his best potential?

I really don't care about for that weapon type (The exception being something like Castlevania)

If preferable I'd rather use a Sword + Shield combo or once I get that first passive that lets me use a Two-handed Sword and Shield together.

I know it probably sounds boring, but the Sword and Board archetype is one of my favorite character roles.

In fact even way back in Diablo 2, I intentionally avoid using Paladin Scepters just to use a Sword and Shield even if the Scepter I found was somewhat better then what I had.

Out of Wizard and Witch-Doctor which is more noob-friendly? Those are the two classes my GF is interested in and she's not much of a gamer. I'll be going DH.

OmegaDL50

Best deal will be a purchase with a gamers club unlocked card if you have one. Otherwise only MSRP.

The PC version of Reaper of Souls without the original game is $40 (sometimes discounted for $30). Also RoS being an expansion anyways and requires the original D3 to work on PC so people would need to already own D3 to use RoS anyways, so most of the existing player base who bought D3 + RoS more than likely paid $60+ for it already.

While it be at lesser cost would have been nice. I don't foresee any reason for Blizzard to sell the console version of RoS then it's PC counterpart for the complete experience at lesser cost.

Navy Bean

Out of Wizard and Witch-Doctor which is more noob-friendly? Those are the two classes my GF is interested in and she's not much of a gamer. I'll be going DH.
Wizard. I was a noob in this game and had a ton of fun with the Wizard. The Witch Doctor is a bit more complex (for this game).

quest

Not Banned from OT

Since you are a DH I would have her do witch doctor with a pet build. Not really hard to play but the pets can tank for both of you.

ZenaxPure

So then when playing as a Crusader. Do I have to use a Flail to get his best potential?

If you're going for endgame, yeah. The vast majority of resource spender effecting legendaries in the game currently are tied to weapons for every class (there is only a few exceptions). There is a flail or shield (or sometimes both) for almost every major damage dealing crusader ability.

It's not too big of a deal though, sort of. If you're using a 1h flail you can transmog it into other 1h weapons (so you can get a sword). 2h is a little weird, for some reason you can't transmog a 2h flail into other weapons, but, I believe blizzard said they are going to try and fix this for 2.1.

OmegaDL50

Can't choose between this or Garden Warfare :(

Would Garden Warfare give several hundred possibly a thousand+ hours worth of gameplay to do everything. I know UEE will.

Also they are two very different games. In any case, I still think UEE is ultimately the better game despite the differences in genre.

I got this for PC, but I am actually seriously considering pick this up for PS4 again.

Is anyone else thinking about double dipping who also owned the PC version here?

I got this for PC, but I am actually seriously considering pick this up for PS4 again.

Is anyone else thinking about double dipping who also owned the PC version here?

Yes. The way the game plays is fundamentally different, rolling adds a new dynamic, there is new stuff the PC version doesn't have(and no sign of getting), the ui is completely different. It feels very new, a fresh coat of paint for sure.

Top Bottom