• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Laws00

i cant wait to the play the new act 5

been holding off on getting the 40 buck expansion for pc

this to me, make it all the worthwhile

i dont care if ps3 isnt getting anymore updates after this last one. I finally got D3 on console and can play it offline!

drotahorror

Anyone have any leveling tips for rushing to 60? I can't remember what I did on PC but I know that it got patched.

I just want to hit 60 so I can do the new Act and start adventure mode.

Justin

Anyone have any leveling tips for rushing to 60? I can't remember what I did on PC but I know that it got patched.

I just want to hit 60 so I can do the new Act and start adventure mode.

You don't need to be 60 to do the new act. It just starts after you finish act 4. You will probably be around level 30 at that point.

Drakeon

Singleplayer only person here, but how good are Diablo II and III for solo players?
This doesn't have II, but id say they're still really fun. I really enjoyed my time with both pc and Xbox 360 Diablo 3, I'll be picking this up at some point for ps4.

OmegaDL50

Singleplayer only person here, but how good are Diablo II and III for solo players?

Putting things into perspective. I've played Diablo II sporadically over a 6 year period, very little of that time was online

Although the multiplayer experience IS fun, the game is definitely doable if you want to go entirely solo.

Drakeon

Diablo 3 is a fantastic podcast game. Meaning, it doesn't always require a ton of attention to detail, so it's good to play while listening to podcasts. I really enjoy having a game to play while listening to podcasts.

i cant wait to the play the new act 5

been holding off on getting the 40 buck expansion for pc

this to me, make it all the worthwhile

i dont care if ps3 isnt getting anymore updates after this last one. I finally got D3 on console and can play it offline!

I'm going to be getting this for Xbox on Tuesday. I really thought about getting the expansion on PC as well, but I love the couch co-op so much, even though I have more friends who play Diablo on PC.

Can't wait to see act 5!

What time exactly is the preload beginning in the US? There's no clock countdown on my mine no matter how many times I reload it but my Destiny has a countdown.

StrongM13

Neo Member
Diablo 3 is a fantastic podcast game. Meaning, it doesn't always require a ton of attention to detail, so it's good to play while listening to podcasts. I really enjoy having a game to play while listening to podcasts.

OMG I support this post so much. In fact, I have become so addicted to this method of listening and playing, that I fear it is interfering with my desire to ever play story-based single player games. I tend to play the mindless games about 90% of the time just because I love listening to podcasts so much. HELP ME (I returned KH 1.5 because of this problem, what have I done?)

OMG I support this post so much. In fact, I have become so addicted to this method of listening and playing, that I fear it is interfering with my desire to ever play story-based single player games. I tend to play the mindless games about 90% of the time just because I love listening to podcasts so much. HELP ME (I returned KH 1.5 because of this problem, what have I done?)

You've done a beautiful thing

Bittercup

I preordered D3 on the German PSN store and now I have this on my download list:

I guess the 20GB version is the plain English version (which I want), but why is the German version almost twice as big? My guess is that the "German" version is actually the EU version with a few other languages. Anyone know anything about this? I just want to be sure what to download.
From Blizzard: "the actual size of the game client which is also comprised of the language files for the game in English, French, German and Italian, is 37.8 GB."
not sure about the 20GB version though.
"When players actually download the game they will get the game and the language file of their choice, which will come in at around 16GB."
Maybe the German-only version is 20 instead of 16?
Anyway, with the 37.8GB download you will get the English version as well.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-11-diablo-3-download-install-sizes-are-much-higher-on-ps4

Anyone rolling a female Crusader? Who has the better voice work: male or female?
I always play female characters and have planned to play as a crusader as well. But if you can't decide, maybe watching the class intros might be helpful to get a general impression how they sound. Those are just some small videos about the classes that play at the very beginning of the game, so not really spoilers.
Female: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBcF_7KuAA
Male: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAOcKpT3jA

I always play female characters and have planned to play as a crusader as well. But if you can't decide, maybe watching the class intros might be helpful to get a general impression how they sound. Those are just some small videos about the classes that play at the very beginning of the game, so not really spoilers.
Female: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBcF_7KuAA
Male: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAOcKpT3jA

Her voice is so fierce and beautiful <3

Prefer it over Balthier's voice =p

OmegaDL50

Combine gems trophy icon is so crap.

It shows mixing an Amethyst and Ruby into a single combined Gem that looks half and half of both, but I know you can't do this.

You CAN however take a couple of lesser quality gems of the same level and upgrade them to the next level. (i.e 3 Marquise level becomes 1 Imperial Level, and 3 Imperial Level becomes 1 Flawless Imperial)

Would love to merge two different types gems if it was possible though.

Can imagine having stacked effects of both a Ruby (+STR) and Amethyst (+VIT) in a single Flawless Royal Gem all on my equipment slots. I wish.

RkOwnage

They were leaked months ago, I'm sure it's out there somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Found it in 10 seconds

Yeah, I usually find the list by going to ps3trophies.org, but it wasn't in the list of PS4 games. Should have google'd. My B.

Shouldn't be too difficult, I can see the hardcore one causing some frustration because I'm impatient, but even then, on Normal it shouldn't be too bad. I'm excited.

ZangBa

Yeah, I usually find the list by going to ps3trophies.org, but it wasn't in the list of PS4 games. Should have google'd. My B.

Shouldn't be too difficult, I can see the hardcore one causing some frustration because I'm impatient, but even then, on Normal it shouldn't be too bad. I'm excited.

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. The hardcore trophy should be easy on the lowest difficulty. I think the more time consuming trophies will be more annoying, though thankfully it's only 500k gold to pick up rather than 5 million for the worst one.

Do you have to start Hardcore mode with a fresh new character?

Yeah.

Flunkie

Banned
now only if Sony would allow MP3 support... or DLNA so could stream from home network

shit, they could add a podcast player. omg

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. The hardcore trophy should be easy on the lowest difficulty. I think the more time consuming trophies will be more annoying, though thankfully it's only 500k gold to pick up rather than 5 million for the worst one.

Yeah.

Can't you just transfer your hardcore character from Diablo 3?

Saganator

Can't wait for Tuesday. Bout to triple dip. First game I've ever triple dipped for, which is crazy considering how disappointed I was with the game at release.

This might be a tough Platinum! I'm already having a tough time with those monsters in the desert who hop towards you really fast, or throw fire balls from a distance for good damage on Expert.

Definitely going Crusader for Hardcore, it'll probably be better than my Demon Hunter.

drotahorror

If you play local co op can your buddy play one of your leveled up toons? I would assume this is a definite yes but just wondering.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was talking with my friend earlier and she convinced me to buy this game. Never played Diablo before! I hope I like it. I'm pretty skeptical, honestly, but if I end up not liking it I can always resell it.

It's the american retail version only on English? I live in South America and that's probably the version we are getting.

Can't choose between this or Garden Warfare :(

Sorry to hear. I hope you eventually get GW as well, as both games are amazing on their own way.

I'm getting both on Tuesday and hopefully have a blast as everyone else.

I was talking with my friend earlier and she convinced me to buy this game. Never played Diablo before! I hope I like it. I'm pretty skeptical, honestly, but if I end up not liking it I can always resell it.

Have you tried the demo on PS3? Try that solo and then co-op, see if you like it.

Einhandr

GAF I need your help. I'm a physical kind of guy, I like having games sitting my shelf and I like knowing that I own my games (for the most part). But I know I'm going digital on Destiny so that my wife and I can digitally share one copy across two consoles. Now I'll be the only one playing Diablo, but I'm tempted to go digital on this one as well. I like knowing that I can just hop into it after playing something else without having to swap discs and this is definitely a game I won't be getting rid of. What should I do?

Jtrizzy

double dipping after a ton of hours on PC. I guess this works like a twin stick shooter?

to the above...go digital. I only do it for sports games, and mp games like this and Destiny. I don't collect single player games though, and rarely play through a campaign twice.

OmegaDL50

Have you tried the demo on PS3? Try that solo and then co-op, see if you like it.

You can't download the demo anymore.

I've tried. I wanted to download the demo yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere on the Playstation Store.

The reason why I wanted the demo is because it lets you retain your save. I was trying to finagle a way to get my D3 Pre-order content (Infernal Helm, Special Dyes, and Wings) and according to Blizzard the only way to do this is by transferring an old save to the new game.

M.W.

Will be picking this up on Tuesday. I have a XB1 and a PS4. Is one version the must have or are they pretty much identical?

Saganator

double dipping after a ton of hours on PC. I guess this works like a twin stick shooter?

Pretty much. It works great. I'm mainly a PC guy and at first Diablo on a console seemed like blasphemy but after playing it on PS3, I won't go back to Diablo on PC.

Will be picking this up on Tuesday. I have a XB1 and a PS4. Is one version the must have or are they pretty much identical?

PS4 has exclusive content. Some armor and I think a dungeon.

GAF I need your help. I'm a physical kind of guy, I like having games sitting my shelf and I like knowing that I own my games (for the most part). But I know I'm going digital on Destiny so that my wife and I can digitally share one copy across two consoles. Now I'll be the only one playing Diablo, but I'm tempted to go digital on this one as well. I like knowing that I can just hop into it after playing something else without having to swap discs and this is definitely a game I won't be getting rid of. What should I do?
Do it! Go digital!
Better for remote play too

OmegaDL50

PS4 has some extra content. A special Rift dungeon based on The Last of Us, and few armor sets based on some of the Colossi from Shadow of the Colossus.

Other then that visually and framerate wise I don't expect the PS4 or XB1 versions to be any different.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Half-correct, in that the left stick controls your character(and the best change from M/KB). Right stick is a new evade roll exclusive to console(not that useful). All of your hotbar abilities are mapped to buttons and triggers, so you run around and tap or hold whatever button skills you have assigned to use(works the same as on a KB).

Performance wise, they'll be the same pretty much. PS4 version just gets these things:

Shadow of the Colossus Transmog Set

Raise thy sword by the Light! In addition to The Last of Us Nephalem Rift, the Ultimate Evil Edition will also include a PlayStation exclusive that pays homage to a gaming classic.

Players who purchase Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4 and PS3 will be rewarded with the &#8220;Guise of the Colossi,&#8221; a unique set of transmogrification plans that unlock six armor appearances inspired by the influential PS2 game, Shadow of the Colossus. These striking appearances will be available to all six larger-than-life classes.
14386732342_22c531692d_z.jpg

The Last of Us Nephalem Rift

Get ready to endure and survive, nephalem. For the Ultimate Evil Edition, we&#8217;ve teamed up with Naughty Dog to create a unique Nephalem Rift inspired by their award-winning The Last of Us. Featuring hand-picked environments from the Diablo III universe and an ominous yellow spore effect, this randomized dungeon level is sure to awaken the survivor in us all.
14386732152_14665638f6_z.jpg

I've tried. I wanted to download the demo yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere on the Playstation Store.

The reason why I wanted the demo is because it lets you retain your save. I was trying to finagle a way to get my D3 Pre-order content (Infernal Helm, Special Dyes, and Wings) and according to Blizzard the only way to do this is by transferring an old save to the new game.

Ah, that's correct. My mistake!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Wouldn't work anyway. The PS3 version was patched recently to include a cloud-upload in the options menu. The demo wouldn't have a cloud upload(and this is different from PS+ uploads, all on Blizzard's end). You need to use that cloud upload in the full retail release to transfer a save to a different console. Unless you play UEE on PS3 also, then it just recognizes the save off your HDD.

Top Bottom