• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Roboter

Neo Member
Anybody playing HC? I've been playing a lot on hard and during the levelling to 70 only once somebody joined my game. I thought, ok, most people are lvl 70 doing bounties and rifts but it has happened only once that somebody joined my bounties (normal, hard and expert).
If there are HC players in EU, you can always add me, PSN strakkejakke (PS4)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Got a ton of GAF people to add me on PS4 Woo! :)

Got a question about sets. Does the benefit of equipping a set (and it's complete set bonus) compensate for its low armor? This applies to almost every piece of gear. I'm using Rare armor types (1+++ armor) seeing as the Level 70 Legendary gear I have has shitty armor stats (like below 800).

Or is it because I haven't gotten any god-tier blueprints yet? I already have like four Legendary weapons (Doombringer, and a few other ones with over 2,000 damage), but my armor sucks. Kadala is no help, either. I spent well over 200+ shards and nothing. Bitch hates me. :(

Also, I can pretty much tank Torment 1 rifts, but it takes ages to kill enemies. I'm using a Barbarian with Seismic Slam, Leap, Armor buff (Shout), and Earthquake. Do I need to rethink my skills? I primarily use Seismic to continue getting health even when against Elites and such. I can even go toe-to-to while they're poisoning me, etc. Only thing that gets me is that freeze thing.

Help, GAF?

Anyone wants the weapon on the left?

BwcBfS0CIAA6pGv.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwcBfS0CIAA6pGv.jpg:large

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It doesn't really work like that though. Enemies will scale with you, so play in the pace you prefer. Many veterans here are quite sick of campaign mode since we been playing since there was no alternative but to replay the campaign over and over and over. (I don't even want to estimate how many times I have run through the campaign on pc & ps3...)

But there are loads of small random quests that pop up for the newcomer to discover. You will play more "efficiently" later on in adventure mode but there is no need to rush just for rushings sake.

Alright, that's good to know, but what about once I hit 70? That's what I'm most concerned about. Do enemies continue to scale past 70? Like, with your gear or Paragon or whatever?

(Sorry, really, really new to D3 here.)

funkypie

Banned
Easiest way to get the Rorg ring is to farm 10 catches.

Go to camp, make sure the save icon isn't spinning, open them all up, check for the ring, if it isn't there, dashboard out by closing the appllication. Rince and repeat until you get it.

The one i got had shit stats on it but I traded for another one which is good.

This trick works for blood shards on the gambler too.

Rizzi

Does anyone else get super bummed out when they see that orange text and then realize that it's a blacksmithing plan that you have no use for? :(

Recall

I'm in need of some PS3 friends who play this, did everyone go next gen or we got some other PS3 users in here too? Let's be friends...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Resist All is the most precious thing
Resist physical is good too
Damn I thought that stat was useless and rerolled it to something else.

Easiest way to get the Rorg ring is to farm 10 catches.

Go to camp, make sure the save icon isn't spinning, open them all up, check for the ring, if it isn't there, dashboard out by closing the appllication. Rince and repeat until you get it.

The one i got had shit stats on it but I traded for another one which is good.

This trick works for blood shards on the gambler too.
Yeah, I did the same. I think you have a few minutes before it autosaves. As in you won't see the spinning icon but it will save.

You realise 6000k is 6 million right? Just checking.

I have gold wraps which increase armour for 5 seconds equal to gold picked up. Leads to some hilarious armour values but very short lived.
Yea I do. I tried everything to raise that stat to 10M.

Stating numbers with a K never made sense to me past 1 million. 50k or 700k that makes sense. But so much simpler and easier to read 6m than 6000k.

But if it only says "6m", you wouldn't be able to see any changes until it reaches "7m", or should it say "6.000m"? In that case, 6000k works already.

Damn I thought that stat was useless and rerolled it to something else.

Yeah, I did the same. I think you have a few minutes before it autosaves. As in you won't see the spinning icon but it will save.

Yea I do. I tried everything to raise that stat to 10M.

OK cool just checking.

Resists are very useful. In fact they are kinda vital. But you can't base you char on those three stats as its not that simple. For example it doesn't include increases to damage type % and you make use a build with less defence but more life leech etc etc

Best thing you can do is play on a difficulty and if it's to hard alter what the problem is. Due to fast? Work on defence. Enemies don't die fast enough? Work on offence.

Any reported bugs in the Bounties?

I'm on one in act 3 and it's asking me to kill Riplash. The pointer takes me to a different level of the dungeon and when I go there the task disappears! I'm kinda stuck. It's the last of the 5!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If you're doing it solo, set your difficulty to T6 and farm the bounties A Miner's Gold in act 2 and A Miser's Will in Act 5. Took me around 5 hours to level a fresh Barbarian to 70.

You sir, is a freaking genius. My Witch Doctor alt is levelling up at an insane pace. I love chilling in front of the chest. Not a single enemy on the wooden bridge.

Quite happy with where I am and haven't got decent sets/rings yet.

533k DPS
51% Crit Chance
270% Crit damage

Currently doing Torment 2.

Should I up it to 3?

My resists are pretty damn good too

Alright, that's good to know, but what about once I hit 70? That's what I'm most concerned about. Do enemies continue to scale past 70? Like, with your gear or Paragon or whatever?

(Sorry, really, really new to D3 here.)

No at lvl 70 the enemies stay the same on that difficulty level( maybe small diffs depending on area, unsure about that.)

So what you do is to bump the difficulty up, gain more xp and hopefully better gear. Then when you get better gear and enemies fall easily, you bump it again. The higher you get, the harder it is to optimize your gear. Hence people running rifts, gambling for ultimate items and so on. You change your skills after the gear you have found basically. Or hunt/pray for the gear you need for a specific skill build you want to do.

That is basically diablo. The joy of gambling and suddenly finding your very own mirror ball, the crushing realization it's only a +1... (it happened to me this weekend, I am still bitter about it. But the hunt continues! I will have that mirror ball +2 one day. )

TEH-CJ

Banned
any idea why my character randomly ignores my controller input and just goes off and does whatever he wants randomly for a few seconds?

happened all morning while playing with my wife. drove me insane. at first i just assumed that i had confused her character for mine, but it happened over and over and i would pay careful attention to my guy.

Enemy is casting fear spell on you.

-PXG-

Gonna be on basically all day doing T5 (maybe T6) rifts. And yes, I have the gear and the build for it. Some of you have already seen my glorious blessed hammer spam.

All I want is my goddamn Fate of the Fell. That's it game. Just one stupid ass two handed flail.

Danis

Neo Member
I've been playing on Expert almost the whole way through, so I guess that'd account for at least some of my level. I assume from your reaction that Lv. 31 is indeed too high for the start of Act 2, though. :lol I haven't really been doing anything special, I guess. Just playing the game at my own pace. If I see a place I can enter, I go in and I complete it. I try to fill out the area maps as much as possible, if not completely. I guess maybe I should be rushing through instead of trying to see/do as much as possible?

I've been playing on Expert too. Hardly die and hit level 60 well before the end of act 3.

I keep hearing about how good the "end game" is. I hope it is, because I'm enjoying myself, but it's really not a challenge, no sense of "I'm going to die". Kinda kills a bunch of the fun for me.

Audioboxer

Think my level 69 character might be a bit too low for adventure mode on master. I'm only doing 135k damage and am starting to struggle a bit with elites (dying a few times). Trying to play around with my crusader build but it's pretty tough regardless.

Might need to scale back to elite and try and get some better equipment. I spent some rift fragments or whatever they're called on that gambling women but what she gave me back was crap.

X-Frame

I got a Shard of Hate, is that a good weapon to build around? Crusader.

No socket though, so which of these should I re-roll for a socket:

+1131-1377 Cold Damage
+703 Strength
+2766 Life per Hit
Chance to deal 21% Area Damage on Hit

I'm thinking the last one is the one I should re-roll? Or the Life on Hit?

BokehKing

Banned
I've been playing on Expert too. Hardly die and hit level 60 well before the end of act 3.

I keep hearing about how good the "end game" is. I hope it is, because I'm enjoying myself, but it's really not a challenge, no sense of "I'm going to die". Kinda kills a bunch of the fun for me.
Bump it up to master or torment and get some challenge in your life

Audioboxer

Think my level 69 character might be a bit too low for adventure mode on master. I'm only doing 135k damage and am starting to struggle a bit with elites (dying a few times). Trying to play around with my crusader build but it's pretty tough regardless.

Might need to scale back to elite and try and get some better equipment. I spent some rift fragments or whatever they're called on that gambling women but what she gave me back was crap.

To further quote myself everyone is saying save my rift keys for torment, is there a chance if I just use them once on master I'll get better equipment? Really don't want to bump down to expert but it's really tough going just now.

Fistwell

To further quote myself everyone is saying save my rift keys for torment, is there a chance if I just use them once on master I'll get better equipment? Really don't want to bump down to expert but it's really tough going just now.
I wouldn't over-think it too much, simply play at the difficulty level that feels fun. You'll eventually end up getting drops letting you progress and move on to higher difficulties. No need to hoard rift fragments either imo, you can earn some pretty quick, plus playing online with others and taking turns opening rifts decreases the cost.

I can't! It's locked at anything above expert until I finish all the acts!

I believe once you finish Act IV it lets you change the difficulty up to Master. At least that's what I saw in my game when I was on the story. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Just save them for lvl 70. Then do rifts and bounties as you please. Will still get good stuff in master etc but wait till 70 because otherwise you will get gear that's useless in 1 levels time.

People will tell you how to play this game but do what ever is fun. I haven't played co-op once yet or have uber gear and I'm hapilly doing torment 3 runs. Will poss concentrate on new char once doing T4.

I find split bounty runs, playing with people with way better gear etc really boring so I don't do it. No point hunting for loot if its not fun.

Maybesew

You sir, is a freaking genius. My Witch Doctor alt is levelling up at an insane pace. I love chilling in front of the chest. Not a single enemy on the wooden bridge.

How long does it take for these bounties to pop? I keep quitting and retrying and haven't seen them yet.

BokehKing

Banned
Sick of everyone running bounties in Act 1

I've been running torment 2 with no drops, I switch back to torment 1 and I get tons of drops, makes no sense

X-Frame

I got a Shard of Hate, is that a good weapon to build around? Crusader.

No socket though, so which of these should I re-roll for a socket:

+1131-1377 Cold Damage
+703 Strength
+2766 Life per Hit
Chance to deal 21% Area Damage on Hit

I'm thinking the last one is the one I should re-roll? Or the Life on Hit?

Reposting for new page, thanks! I don't want to waste 10 souls on an attribute I should have kept.

Top Bottom