• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Matriox

any idea why my character randomly ignores my controller input and just goes off and does whatever he wants randomly for a few seconds?

happened all morning while playing with my wife. drove me insane. at first i just assumed that i had confused her character for mine, but it happened over and over and i would pay careful attention to my guy.

I get this, but only on a bad connection with remote play. Not entirely sure unless the controller is going bad? Does any other game act funny for you or just Diablo?

Striek

Finally finished Diablo 2.. Onto Diablo 3 :)

Couple questions, I note that there was a preorder bonus of this:

"Three additional character slots to accommodate your new nephalem"

What does this mean? How many character slots are you limited to by default?

Also is there a good guide to picking classes? I chose Barbarian in D2 and it was rather boring.

Finally can you play MP with randoms, or just friends, and are microphones commonly used (PS4)?

any idea why my character randomly ignores my controller input and just goes off and does whatever he wants randomly for a few seconds?

happened all morning while playing with my wife. drove me insane. at first i just assumed that i had confused her character for mine, but it happened over and over and i would pay careful attention to my guy.

My dude would randomly roll then I played metro and the look was going crazy replaced the controller can't have bad sticks for destiny.

Nevermind, it's a known issue and apparently fixed in 2.1. Well that's annoying.

huh, i have it happen sometimes, say about 5% of the time. it's not been an issue but shame if it's happening a lot to you.

if there's nothing wrong with the controller you might have been getting fear'd, which should show a skull icon over your head while you lose character control for a second or two.

I get this, but only on a bad connection with remote play. Not entirely sure unless the controller is going bad? Does any other game act funny for you or just Diablo?

it's only Diablo 3 and only when in local co-op. i mentioned it to my wife but she didn't say anything. i don't know if she'd even notice if it was happening to her.

it's not JUST that my character doesn't respond to my controls, it's that he goes off and does his own thing. ie: running back over to my wife's character and then looking back and firing at the enemies more, or using a skill. it's almost like the AI takes over my character temporarily.

\if there's nothing wrong with the controller you might have been getting fear'd, which should show a skull icon over your head while you lose character control for a second or two.

aaaaaand we're done here. thanks man! i think that's exactly what it is!

I beat act 5 today and I am new to adventure mode. Just dive into bounties? Do you guys just go after achieving the bounties or mill around in the areas? How do I get caches? Do rift keys drop randomly? Are certain acts better to do bounties on?

Is there something that explains all of this?

Rizzi

10604460_10152700092246797_7475804518736352042_o.jpg
That's a long time for a shrine.
I got an Odyn Son as a gift. So that's cool too.

Matriox

aaaaaand we're done here. thanks man! i think that's exactly what it is!

Oh sweet jesus hahaha... Glad its not your controller!

I beat act 5 today and I am new to adventure mode. Just dive into bounties? Do you guys just go after achieving the bounties or mill around in the areas? How do I get caches? Do rift keys drop randomly? Are certain acts better to do bounties on?

Is there something that explains all of this?

Sure, I'd dive into bounties or group up with friends and do rift/bounty runs. Just head for the bounty and complete it, move on to the next one. Caches come after completing all 5 bounties in an Act. Rift keys are dropped rarely and happen fairly often after a bounty is complete. Each act has its own loot for their caches, youd have to find a list on the Wiki for something specific youre looking for. Act one has a kick ass ring that people like myself are looking for that reduces set piece requirements by 1 piece of the set.

Saganator

Having a hard time finding a decent group for T2 Rift runs. Either a hacker joins, or people are under geared and it takes forever to kill stuff. I tried running with only GAF'ers but unfortunately a lot of them were the under geared people. The other GAF'ers on my list are all running T3+.

Anyone appropriately geared for T2 want to run Rifts tonight? Seems like ~300k+ DPS is the sweet spot for T1/2. Hoping to tear through at least a few tonight. Add me if you're interested... PSN Trucido-

Level 61 Wizard getting destroyed by Malthael. This is my first time through the game. Is he really this hard or is it just me being bad? Does anyone want to give me a hand? lol

Striek

Also is there a good guide to picking classes? I chose Barbarian in D2 and it was rather boring.

Finally can you play MP with randoms, or just friends, and are microphones commonly used (PS4)?

Anyone have answers? =)

Kemal86

This happens to me ALL THE TIME on my Monk. It happened on PS3 wth a DualShock3, happening on PS4 with the DS4 as well. Beyond frustrating. It's like you've been Nightmare feared for 1-4 seconds (without actually having been feared).

Matriox

Eh I'll do my best here, I was waiting to see if anyone else was more familiar with a few of the questions, but here it goes:

I think its 10 for Diablo 3, 2 for RoS, so 15 with it preordered? (not sure on this one)

Classes are up to preference, I mean some folks really love each class so we cant really tell you what class to play.

You can play MP with either Randoms or friends depedning on how your particular game is set up, you can have a mix of the two aswell. Game's Ive been in have mostly had microphones.

Oh sweet jesus hahaha... Glad its not your controller!

Sure, I'd dive into bounties or group up with friends and do rift/bounty runs. Just head for the bounty and complete it, move on to the next one. Caches come after completing all 5 bounties in an Act. Rift keys are dropped rarely and happen fairly often after a bounty is complete. Each act has its own loot for their caches, youd have to find a list on the Wiki for something specific youre looking for. Act one has a kick ass ring that people like myself are looking for that reduces set piece requirements by 1 piece of the set.
First thanks for answering. Secondly, caches just end up in your inventory right? Also bosses don't drop legendaries anymore. It's there someplace they are guaranteed?

Matriox

First thanks for answering. Secondly, caches just end up in your inventory right? Also bosses don't drop legendaries anymore. It's there someplace they are guaranteed?

Bosses still drop Legendaries, they just arent guarenteed as they were your first playthrough. No legendarys arent guarenteed anywhere AFAIK.

Striek

Eh I'll do my best here, I was waiting to see if anyone else was more familiar with a few of the questions, but here it goes:

Thanks for your input. I have another question, I'm downloading the game and there are two main files downloading, one 5470mb and one 5426mb, is this normal??

Matriox

Thanks for your input. I have another question, I'm downloading the game and there are two main files downloading, one 5470mb and one 5426mb, is this normal??

I had 2 downloads aswell, one of them will disappear. Someone can correct me here aswell, but I think there is a max size for downloads so Blizzard put different voice/language packs in the second download. It will merge into one game when it finishes.

I had 2 downloads aswell, one of them will disappear. Someone can correct me here aswell, but I think there is a max size for downloads so Blizzard put different voice/language packs in the second download. It will merge into one game when it finishes.

hmm i had two files also, one was called Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition and the other Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition (English). I just deleted the one that wasn't labelled english before starting the game, haven't had any issues.

Matriox

Opened up a cache, got a Legendary Ring! Could it be RORG? Nope, it was

[/QUOTE]

"Archaic hieroglyphs inscribed on its band tell a tale of unrelenting heartbreak and sorrow."

Lol.. I'm sorry this happened.

[quote="TheExecutive, post: 127912748"]Thanks again man. Add me is you want to join a demon hunter on the fields. PS4 name is the same as the GAF handle.[/QUOTE]

I'll add you when I get a chance, at work ATM, Matriox24 is my PSN ID.

[quote="Mr_Appleby, post: 127913282"]hmm i had two files also, one was called Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition and the other Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition (English). I just deleted the one that wasn't labelled english before starting the game, haven't had any issues.[/QUOTE]

I have read others have done this, I don't know for sure but this just means you can't use a couple of language options, it isnt required.

Crazy, yesterday I was about ready to give up on my Witch Doctor. He was too squishy, didn't do enough damage, I felt like my build wasn't right. Basically I felt like my character hit a wall. It was a struggle just to finish a T1 rift. This morning I had a few hours to kill so I did what I could, ended up getting a few lucky drops, got a Mask of Jeram from Kadala after a few hundred shards, and most importantly, I started putting gems in my equipment. Later that evening I'm doing T2/T3 rifts with ease. I love this game.

It's amazing how fast your character can progress. And to think I almost started a new class instead :p

Opened up a cache, got a Legendary Ring! Could it be RORG? Nope...
Thanks for those weapons. Your wizard was really tearing things up.

I didn't check my monk's DPS before I logged off but I'm sure it's low-- gotta look over my gear and skills to see what I can optimize until I can upgrade some pieces and maybe shuffle some skills around.

Jagxyz

Which class has the most "game changing" legendaries? Items that you can build a character around, i.e Mirrorball for Wizards, Tall Man's Finger for Witch Doctors.

depward

This release made me boot up D3 and start playing again. Level 44 monk, Act III of hard mode. What... is the proper way of playing? Just blasting through difficulties until I hit level 70?

Voidance

Which class has the most "game changing" legendaries? Items that you can build a character around, i.e Mirrorball for Wizards, Tall Man's Finger for Witch Doctors.
Fate of the Fell and Akkhan's set for Crusader.

My fiancée just got a RoRG after a dozen caches. I'm on my hundredth and still nothing. I am really pissed at RNG whimsy in this game. It shouldn't surprise me though since she gets showered with legendaries all the time. :^|

For what it's worth, I'm in the market for a holy and strength SoJ and a strength RoRG. I have some decent Crusader trade stuff; if anyone is interested PM me.

Lima

So I have 5 pieces of the firebird set for my Wizard. Now I just need to wait until 2.1 hits consoles so that it actually not sucks dick.

Top Bottom