• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
That's a long time for a shrine.
I got an Odyn Son as a gift. So that's cool too.

Great part about those gloves? At PC RoS launch they were bugged to last a full hour. It was kind of silly. And amazing.

Which class has the most "game changing" legendaries? Items that you can build a character around, i.e Mirrorball for Wizards, Tall Man's Finger for Witch Doctors.

Overall. Probably wizard. Just because of how varied their possible elemental builds are.

It would be awesome if the game had some kind of a manikin that you can hit showing you your damage report.

I'm really struggling in balancing and knowing what gear/spells combination is best for me.

-PXG-

Y'all blood shards must be laced with Starbucks coffee or some shit. Kadala rarely puts out any of her goods for me :/

Dominator

Never played a Diablo game in my life before tonight with this on PS4. I sat down for 6 hours straight and didn't move. Pretty sweet game and I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Drame

Y'all blood shards must be laced with Starbucks coffee or some shit. Kadala rarely puts out any of her goods for me :/
Well, you never know when you have a use for a paper weight.

I feel you. I too have had wonky luck with Kadala (aside from gambling a killer Crusader shield!). Kadala is mostly mats for me nowadays. A good piece of loot once in a while is a free Forgotten Soul.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I got an incrementally superior belt from Kadala once.

PS: Got my Demon Hunter to Level 70 tonight! The class was the most boring of the three I've played at first (Monk + Crusader being the others), but got really fun around Level 18.

Rizzi

10608584_10152700301531797_8176037568397344544_o.jpg
Perfect.

Matriox

I think I got an incrementally superior belt from Kadala once.

PS: Got my Demon Hunter to Level 70 tonight! The class was the most boring of the three I've played at first (Monk + Crusader being the others), but got really fun around Level 18.

Yeah I fell in love with my DH around the time I got Rapid Fire, only got better from there.

PixelPeZ

I'm also in the camp that doesn't get it. Not yet, at least. This is the first time I've played any Diablo game, so I have no nostalgia or reverence for the older entries, but in games like Borderlands the loot thing and setting really is enough to keep me going. I'm at level 8, and so far I've found it really boring. Smash A a bunch of times and win, perhaps throw a few B presses in the middle, if there are a lot of dudes. The story makes no sense to me, and while everything looks pretty and runs smooth, I don't see why people would throw hundreds of hours into this and keep going. I'm going to try and press to finish the main campaign, but perhaps I'm not doing something right at this early stage.

I read about a witchdoctor build that uses poison dart as the main weapon, but you need this one legendary dagger to make it work. Oh man eyes out on an orange dagger!

I don't get it. My level 70 Barb has almost all level 70 legendaries and in the inventory screen the shield icon value is like 6300k and the healing(?) one is average yet the attack is at 185k. I see other classes or characters with attack values more than triple that easy, what's up with that?

Lima

I don't get it. My level 70 Barb has almost all level 70 legendaries and in the inventory screen the shield icon value is like 6300k and the healing(?) one is average yet the attack is at 185k. I see other classes or characters with attack values more than triple that easy, what's up with that?

Better items, enhanced with enchantments, better synergies and higher tiered gems in the slots.

Wallach

I'm also in the camp that doesn't get it. Not yet, at least. This is the first time I've played any Diablo game, so I have no nostalgia or reverence for the older entries, but in games like Borderlands the loot thing and setting really is enough to keep me going. I'm at level 8, and so far I've found it really boring. Smash A a bunch of times and win, perhaps throw a few B presses in the middle, if there are a lot of dudes. The story makes no sense to me, and while everything looks pretty and runs smooth, I don't see why people would throw hundreds of hours into this and keep going. I'm going to try and press to finish the main campaign, but perhaps I'm not doing something right at this early stage.

To be honest, I understand the complaints about the early game. In my opinion, they don't get you through skill & rune progression fast enough in the lower levels. I guess because they wanted to have some stuff unlock even in the last few levels. It definitely gets more interesting when you have a larger pool of skills and runes to choose from. Plus, the amount of gameplay in the itemization decisions is pretty light until endgame where you're dealing with full sets and legendary item interactions; you replace gear too quickly for you to have much to think about during the leveling process.

I'm that way with my Crusader. I just hit 220K, which is still pathetic compared to most.

Also, I just ran into someone with a 32.8K weapon. I sent him a message and he said he'd modded it. I didn't know that shit was possible (PS4, by the way). He asked if I wanted one. I said "No thank you! :)" but I wanted to say "I'd rather not get my ass banned through some shit luck".

Also, I just realized a Legendary piece of armor I have has something in the description that says "Transmogrify: Heart of the Titans". Can I change this armor into another piece somehow? Google isn't being very useful.

Striek

Finally started the game and have another dumb question. Is there like zero player controlled levelling outside of paragon stuff? Like attributes and skills just automatically increase/unlock?

Because lol what the fuck if so.

Better items, enhanced with enchantments, better synergies and higher tiered gems in the slots.
But like I said I already have decent starting gear, I don't see enchantments being too much of a factor considering they don't actually add any brand new ones, and I have really high tier gems in all of my socket slots.

Your only lvl 8. Stick it in expert if you haven't already and at least wait till you have all 6 skill slots unlocked.

Once you are playing on high difficulties you have to actually play. Not just hit X and O

Lima

Also, I just realized a Legendary piece of armor I have has something in the description that says "Transmogrify: Heart of the Titans". Can I change this armor into another piece somehow? Google isn't being very useful.

No. Transmogrify is only for changing the appearance of an item.

Matriox

Transmogrify is something that becomes available in Act 5. It takes an existing piece of gear and allows you to change it to its appearance to look like another piece of armor. In your case, it sounds like your piece of armor has been Transmogrified to look like Heart of the Titans. It has no affect on the stats of the armor.

EDIT: In the above example, the shield has been transmogrified to appear as if it were a Hallowed Barricade.

Never mind. Question answered. Thanks, Matriox!

I haven't followed the game much...but is this an accepted/liked change amongst fans? Because wow.
I guess I didn't even really notice...of all my issues with Diablo 3, the stats distribution wasn't one of 'em. Number 1 for me is the plot. Or dialogue. Or both.

Anyway I changed my witch Dr build and found a new one I'm finding really fun. I call it the "fish bones & chicken zinger"

Gargantuan - restless giant
Zombie dogs - leeching beasts
Spirit walk - jaunt
Plague of toads - rain of toads
Piranha's - zombie piranhas
Hex - angry chicken

Pierce the Vail
Fetish sycophants
Midnight feast
Grave injustice.

So basically you have your pets and after a few fights 15 fetishes. Its all physical so get plus physical damage (currently on plus 36%).

While they are hitting everything you summon zombie piranhas for the damage buff. They leap put of the pool so more mobs get debuffed. Once group is infected you angry chicken bomb them (also physical damage).

The fun part is throwing grave injustice and cool down reduction into the mix. The more you kill the quicker the cool down ends. Throw in my current cool down reduction (26%) and you only need 8ish kills to reset chicken bomb and about 6 for piranhas. You end up with a lot of piranhas pools and a lot of chicken bombs. With a big enough mob of enemies you can bomb over and over again seeing as it currently crits for about 23mil with neph buff.

If you ever get stuck after a bomb you just spirit walk back out again. And if bomb is off CD its very likely SW is as well due to similar cool down.

Still need about another 100% crit damage on rings and would like to up my physical damage increase to 40-50% and then my CDR to 40-50%.

But its getting there. Still got 5 slots with just rares on them and no set bonuses yet. All my legendaries or just OK really. And I'm doing T3 runs solo reasonably easily now.

Its a fun build and I'm enjoying it a lot. Rushing in and out for angry chicken damage keeps it interesting. Then rain of toads and mass piranha pools is great for bosses that wall you in or you need to keep away from.

PixelPeZ

Your only lvl 8. Stick it in expert if you haven't already and at least wait till you have all 6 skill slots unlocked.

Once you are playing on high difficulties you have to actually play. Not just hit X and O

The Higher Difficulties things bums me out. I generally don't play games multiple times through, and it's weird that they hide the "real game" somewhere there. Why not make the first experience that great game I keep hearing about.

Made a monk and leveling it up, but was disappointed that my damage output is just making everything a tank and spank fight. Guess things will get better though. Just entering the RoS expansion at level 50

The Higher Difficulties things bums me out. I generally don't play games multiple times through, and it's weird that they hide the "real game" somewhere there. Why not make the first experience that great game I keep hearing about.

Expert is still easy. I died once and was lvl 60 on story completion. Its worth it. Try it. Its only like lvls 1-20ish that are a bit boring because you lack skill slots.

Played a monk in adventure mode on master. Was lvl 21 after 2 hours or there about.

Edit. - also the story mode is fun to most people but the main thing about all diablo games is the end game loot grind. Its not hidden. Till 70 finding new better loot every two mins and getting new skills is the fun.

Wallach

I haven't followed the game much...but is this an accepted/liked change amongst fans? Because wow.

Diablo 3's skill & level changes were divisive for sure, but it's a topic that I think most players at this point have hashed out. It's been a couple years since this released, after all. It's certainly something I think you'll find a lot of folks still have strong opinions about, though.

ZenaxPure

Eh you will get plenty of skills as you level. I think most classes become fun around level 15 or so, but nothing is really complicated at that point. Also the difficulty thing isn't really a multiple playthrough thing, you can change the difficulty whenever you want outside of games.

That said if you bought the game simply to play through the story and not touch it again, then yeah, you made a mistake. But that isn't something exclusive to this game, pretty much every game like this (whether it be PoE or even Marvel Heroes) is meant to be played over a long period of time. They all pretty much have an "endgame" you reach where you then have multiple options on how to play the game and progress your character outside of the story environment. In D3 that is with a sandbox mode (Adventure mode) where you can explore the entire world freely with a random assortment of quests. The quests give you items that allow you to then do randomly generated dungeons where you have a higher chance to get better loot.

It's pretty much how all of these kinds of games are structured. Story is meant to familiarize you with the mechanics and then the endgame is where you experiment on your own trying to find powerful item/skill combinations.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
wtf have you been doing lol. Crank up the difficulty as much as you can! Though you must have already.

I've been playing on Expert almost the whole way through, so I guess that'd account for at least some of my level. I assume from your reaction that Lv. 31 is indeed too high for the start of Act 2, though. :lol I haven't really been doing anything special, I guess. Just playing the game at my own pace. If I see a place I can enter, I go in and I complete it. I try to fill out the area maps as much as possible, if not completely. I guess maybe I should be rushing through instead of trying to see/do as much as possible?

Can you tell me how your armor is at 11.9M? My strength and vitality are same as yours but my Crusader has 6000k armor.

You realise 6000k is 6 million right? Just checking.

I have gold wraps which increase armour for 5 seconds equal to gold picked up. Leads to some hilarious armour values but very short lived.

Svafnir

Stating numbers with a K never made sense to me past 1 million. 50k or 700k that makes sense. But so much simpler and easier to read 6m than 6000k.

Anyway! Console version rocks, I am hoping patch 2.1 isn't a long time off.

Paganmoon

I don't quite recall all the fights from the PC version, but on PS4, bossfights at the end of acts are so damned easy compared to some of the elites that pop up around the world. Really have to use all of my abilities for the elites on Expert, but bosses, pretty much 1 skill to easily take them down.

I've been playing on Expert almost the whole way through, so I guess that'd account for at least some of my level. I assume from your reaction that Lv. 31 is indeed too high for the start of Act 2, though. :lol I haven't really been doing anything special, I guess. Just playing the game at my own pace. If I see a place I can enter, I go in and I complete it. I try to fill out the area maps as much as possible, if not completely. I guess maybe I should be rushing through instead of trying to see/do as much as possible?

It doesn't really work like that though. Enemies will scale with you, so play in the pace you prefer. Many veterans here are quite sick of campaign mode since we been playing since there was no alternative but to replay the campaign over and over and over. (I don't even want to estimate how many times I have run through the campaign on pc & ps3...)

But there are loads of small random quests that pop up for the newcomer to discover. You will play more "efficiently" later on in adventure mode but there is no need to rush just for rushings sake.

Can anyone please post me a decent Crusader build with a high Damage output. My Crusader can take Damage forever, but it takes really long to put some elite enemies down.

Top Bottom