• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BokehKing

Banned
Ok so I screwed up, did the 9% as suggested, didn't give me socket, if I re roll what I just got it offers vitality, if I re-rolled vitality (I'm assuming that's a primary stat) it should give me socket? I keep closing out the application this stuff is expensive

Hey EUGaf is anyone else seeing massive lag in D3:UEE on PC? I'm getting 900-1000ms with spikes to 1700ms! In Ireland on UPC on the 150Mb plan and nothing else is seeing this lag right now.

Haines

Banned
Where do I find a good newbie guide.

I'm lost on what weapon stats actually matter now that I'm at end game stuff. Don't know what I should be spending on at Kadala really. I'm worried I'll find a good gear that just needs a stat re rolled and not know it. I guess I just feel the need to learn the core stuff so I don't waste money or miss potentially good loot.

There has to be some good guides to explain the (advanced) basics for end game stuff

Where do I find a good newbie guide.

I'm lost on what weapon stats actually matter now that I'm at end game stuff. Don't know what I should be spending on at Kadala really. I'm worried I'll find a good gear that just needs a stat re rolled and not know it. I guess I just feel the need to learn the core stuff so I don't waste money or miss potentially good loot.

There has to be some good guides to explain the (advanced) basics for end game stuff

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/

Audioboxer

As a crusader whats best to gamble for with Kadala first?

The only real crusader based item I have is Jekangbord, but it is only the level 66 version.

I played ALOT of DIablo III on PC and I have to say this game feels incredible on PS4. Combat is way more fun. WTF. I picked it up at redbox just to check it out and now I want to play the entire thing.

HORRORSHØW

got 7 legendaries in one rift. a maximus, thunderfury, and some other junk. i can do t4-t5 with my monk at around 450k dps and 500k toughness. i need way better gear if i want to move up.

if anyone has a spare sunwuko set piece, i'm willing to trade my spare raiment piece for it.

hydruxo

If you're doing it solo, set your difficulty to T6 and farm the bounties A Miner's Gold in act 2 and A Miser's Will in Act 5. Took me around 5 hours to level a fresh Barbarian to 70.

Yeah this works really well. Leveled up a WD from 1-33 in less than an hour. Miners Gold is kind of a pain because you will die alot, and Misers Will rarely spawns but it's much easier to get the XP if it does spawn.

For all my complaining about RNG, I finally had a string of good luck. Two pieces of Jade Harvester dropped yesterday while in Torment I. Bumped it up to Torment II and had the plans for the Aughild, Cain and Captain sets drop, as well as another set I can't remember. Then my chest piece for my Zunimassa dropped, and Kadala gave me the Jade Harvester gloves. I'm about to have some really bad luck at work or something. lol

SDCowboy

So on my DH, I've pretty much just been melting face with rapid fire, which is what I see most doing. Is that pretty much how they play end game? Rapid fire, dodge, rapid fire?

I found this handy flowchart on r/Diablo3Crusaders:

4P3rHnI.png

Went bounty hunting and rifting for like 5 hours on my barb, still not a single Might of Earth piece. Since Leapquaking seemed to be so popular I assumed they wouldn't be THAT rare. I guess I'm wrong.

Lima

Yeah, I have them up to, but beyond that, is that pretty much the gist of it?

No top build for DH uses rapid fire. It's just not good enough for anything higher than T3. The problem is that you have to stand still while casting it (very bad) and there are other options that do more damage for the DH so rapid fire wouldn't be your main damage ability in which case you wasted a slot.

So sorry if this has already been covered, but, I am trying to couch coop with the ol' lady. We love the game but can't figure out how to keep her character after we stop a play session for the night, all her progress and character are gone by the next day?

She played as a guest one night
had to start over....

She logged into her PSN and played last night
apparently, she has to start over again, wtf?

This is super frustrating/annoying. Any help GAF?

Well yeah, also spent all my shards.

At least I have Lut Socks, even if they're a lower level version of them.

Get like 100 shards, spend it all on one piece until you get the set piece you want. If not successful, close the application (on PS4) and launch the game again to re-roll with the same amount of shards. I've been doing this and got one Akkhan piece so far.

So sorry if this has already been covered, but, I am trying to couch coop with the ol' lady. We love the game but can't figure out how to keep her character after we stop a play session for the night, all her progress and character are gone by the next day?

She played as a guest one night
had to start over....

She logged into her PSN and played last night
apparently, she has to start over again, wtf?

This is super frustrating/annoying. Any help GAF?

The character doesn't save if played on a Guest Account.

SDCowboy

No top build for DH uses rapid fire. It's just not good enough for anything higher than T3. The problem is that you have to stand still while casting it (very bad) and there are other options that do more damage for the DH so rapid fire wouldn't be your main damage ability in which case you wasted a slot.

So what should the main damage dealing skill be?

thanks, is there anyway to keep her character? How do we have to handle the logging in and such?

As long as she has her PSN account on the PS4, it should save her progress. Though I do hear that people have to keep re-assigning skills since they appear as if everything is newly unlocked every time you start a game.

Autofokus

thanks, is there anyway to keep her character? How do we have to handle the logging in and such?

Start the game first on her account and create a character she wants to play. After that:

- Login with controller 1 into your account
- Login with the second controller into her (PSN) account
- Start the game on your account
- in the lobby or mid-game, hit 'X' on controller 2
- now she can choose one of her created characters
- play :)

If you want to end your session, hit 'Options' on controller 2 -> 'Drop out' - so her progress gets saved (it saves randomly too, but just to be sure).

Hope that helps.
Rocking with my wife T3 rifts. :)

Start the game first on her account and create a character she wants to play. After that:

- Login with controller 1 into your account
- Login with the second controller into her (PSN) account
- Start the game on your account
- in the lobby or mid-game, hit 'X' on controller 2
- now she can choose one of her created characters
- play :)

If you want to end your session, hit 'Options' on controller 2 -> 'Drop out' - so her progress gets saved (it saves randomly too, but just to be sure).

Hope that helps.
Rocking with my wife T3 rifts. :)

Alright cool, thanks for the help guys! Just wonder why its such a convoluted process, jeez lol

Orca

Goofing around today and got a Mirrorball...read the stats and changed my skills to prioritize magic missile, then redid armour to emphasize it as well. Sure plays differently now.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Use the trade window next time?
No trade window on console. Best you can do is drop something on the ground, hope the other person drops their item, and grab it. If you're friends with someone, you can send them items in the in-game mail, but it's still not gauranteed you'll get anything in return.

No trade window on console. Best you can do is drop something on the ground, hope the other person drops their item, and grab it. If you're friends with someone, you can send them items in the in-game mail, but it's still not gauranteed you'll get anything in return.

You can trade.In the Party Tab, select a party member and press a button (triangle? L3? I forget) to open a trade window.

J0dy77

Wow is holy shotgun fun to play. Kudos to blizzard on the Crusader class overall, so many viable builds to chase after. Holy Shotgun, Fist of heaven Fire and Lightning, Rondo's set... going to be a blast chasing them all and min maxing for GR.

Autofokus

Hmm? There is. I used it (PS4).
Between local co-op players there is no trade window, correct.

Edit:
And there is a bug: If a online player tries to trade with the second (or third) local player, the trade window stays empty - no matter what item you want to put into.

h3ro

Wow is holy shotgun fun to play. Kudos to blizzard on the Crusader class overall, so many viable builds to chase after. Holy Shotgun, Fist of heaven Fire and Lightning, Rondo's set... going to be a blast chasing them all and min maxing for GR.
I'm close to a Level 70 Crusader, any gear In specific I should be on the look out for to maximise the shotgun build?

(Besides Akkhan's set)

Top Bottom