• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

So I finally got the Jekangbord shield but I've been using a Hellskull which is quite a bit better. However I want to try the Blessed Shield build. Problem is switching shields drops my DPS down by a whopping 100k due to losing the 10% increased damage and 9% critical hit chance. The Jekangbord has 679 vitality on it which I believe I should reroll, but what's better, a slot or chc?

impirius

My Wizard had either an ability or an item that granted a barrier when attacking, and after switching a bunch of stuff around, I can't figure out how to get it back. The attack didn't even have to make contact with an enemy, and a barrier would appear and absorb a bit of damage. Anyone know what this might have been?

My Wizard had either an ability or an item that granted a barrier when attacking, and after switching a bunch of stuff around, I can't figure out how to get it back. The attack didn't even have to make contact with an enemy, and a barrier would appear and absorb a bit of damage. Anyone know what this might have been?

There's a legendary item that gives you a shield if 5 or more enemies surround you. Could have been that. Not sure which one it was though.

Baliis

Magic weapon rune.

Ryhian

Just want to give a heads up to anyone playing a Hardcore character on Xbox One(360 maybe) in an Open to Public game. Had a guy come in as a level 70(I was a 39) with a paragon level of 9990, overrode the game level somehow, a friend and I died instantly from the enemies.

His name is iBag XboxGirls. Was streaming on Twitch while doing this too.

That's terrible. Hope It doesn't detour you too much with the game. Always stupid griefers out there.

Just want to give a heads up to anyone playing a Hardcore character on Xbox One(360 maybe) in an Open to Public game. Had a guy come in as a level 70(I was a 39) with a paragon level of 9990, overrode the game level somehow, a friend and I died instantly from the enemies.

His name is iBag XboxGirls. Was streaming on Twitch while doing this too.
Leaving your HC game open to the public is hardcore indeed. Props. :p

nowai

RNG is being a fickle mistress today.

Looking to trade my second:

- Raekor's Will (helm)
- Immortal King's Tribal Binding (belt)

For

Raekor boots, Might boots/gloves, Immortal King's hammer/chest/gloves/boots, Bul-Kathos' Solemn Vow or a Shard of Hate.

PS4: sunvsthemoon

Also up for rifts.

Ryhian

I've spent over 5000 shards and no MoJ. I've gotten 4 RoRG during my bounty runs and I guess that is 'balancing' it out heh.

Wow, I post this and get it on my third roll after!

Aces&Eights

How many Crusaders here already have the full Akkhan set and how long after hitting 70 did it take you to get it? I guess I'm asking more for fresh console players, not those who imported.

Well, I am a level 70/37, got about 30 hours in and not one single piece damnit.

StUnNeR H2K

Okay the amount of hacked items on players has become almost as bad as it was on the original game on 360. I jumped in three straight random games at T3 and each had some one with a weapon that had 3 gems, or helms/rings with three gems... Not sure how the game is even fun like that. I also think some of them don't realize the items are hacked cause one guy in a game asked how do you get three gems in a weapon.

Good thing I've made a solid group of friends for now that seem to play legit.

Also not a fan of dupping items... Someone asks for it I usually just ignore them, leave or just tell them no.

TehPabz

I currently have Andariel's Visage helm but I just did a rift and Eyes of the earth and immortal kings triumph just dropped. Which one should I keep and use? Both of my greens I just got are downgrades :( how is that possible! Lol btw I currently have the immortal kings eternal reign chest piece on so if I use the helm I get a set bonus.

justjim89

This is my first Diablo game, though I have played Torchlight II and Path of Exile before. I've put in about 25 hours as a Crusader on hard and beat the story. Now I'm 3 hours or so into an Expert playthrough as a wizard, and I have a few questions. Playing on PC, btw.

1. What is paragon?

2. Is wizard just inherently harder to play? Been getting my ass kicked. Any gameplay/build tips are appreciated.

3. What kind of jewelry can you have Shen make? All through my first playthrough and after I've never been able to make any sort of jewelry.

4. The number of actual cinematics seems really low. Do you unlock more on higher difficulties? It seems like all the way through my first playthrough there were only about 3 or 4.

Does Leah never come back? I've beaten the game and DLC so I know she doesn't, but it just seems really odd and deflating. I enjoyed her character.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok started a wizard as my second char and I'm utterly bored and confused how bad he is in the early game statwise.
No idea how to skill him either.

Probably will go back to my monk

subwilde

Picked up The Grandfather today. How good is this? Should I re-roll a certain stat?

I'm Crusader 70(20). Did my first few rifts and spent all the shards at Kadala on rings and such.

e2kvxgVl.jpg

nowai

I currently have Andariel's Visage helm but I just did a rift and Eyes of the earth and immortal kings triumph just dropped. Which one should I keep and use? Both of my greens I just got are downgrades :( how is that possible! Lol btw I currently have the immortal kings eternal reign chest piece on so if I use the helm I get a set bonus.

I'll trade you the IK belt for the eyes of the earth if you're on PS4 so you can rock the awesome three piece bonus.

JCizzle

Picked up The Grandfather today. How good is this? Should I re-roll a certain stat?

I'm Crusader 70(20). Did my first few rifts and spent all the shards at Kadala on rings and such.

e2kvxgVl.jpg

Keep TF. You want weapons with a proc, I think they're mostly all better than the vanilla ones.

leehom

I don't understand how the damage works in this game.

I have a 2-H bow that does 1800-2200 damage and it does roughly the same as two 1-H bows that do 1200-2000 dmg? With the 2-H my character says 900k dmg, but with the 2 1-H it jumps to 1.4 million. So why the disparity? Oh, this is with the crit skill on, so my damage is inflated.

Btw, anyone have a good 1-H bow I could have? psn = leehom. Been farming for 2 weeks, doing HC, spending blood shards and haven't came across a really good one yet.

Voidance

I'm in need of a Strength and Holy SoJ if anyone has a spare to trade. I have Akkhans pants, Darklight, and some other stuff. PM me if you're interested.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
I don't understand how the damage works in this game.

I have a 2-H bow that does 1800-2200 damage and it does roughly the same as two 1-H bows that do 1200-2000 dmg? With the 2-H my character says 900k dmg, but with the 2 1-H it jumps to 1.4 million. So why the disparity?

Btw, anyone have a good 1-H bow I could have? psn = leehom. Been farming for 2 weeks, doing HC, spending blood shards and haven't came across a really good one yet.

Dual wielding gives a bonus to attack speed plus two 1 handed bows have faster attack speed than a 2 handed bow. I only recommend using two 1 handed bows if you can do a sustained attack. Otherwise the 2 handed bow hits harder than the other option.

subwilde

Keep TF. You want weapons with a proc, I think they're mostly all better than the vanilla ones.

I'm assuming I would have to take some time and get all my skills etc lined up with lightning damage to help? I like the fact that it's one handed and I can have an extra passive skill.

nowai

I'm assuming I would have to take some time and get all my skills etc lined up with lightning damage to help? I like the fact that it's one handed and I can have an extra passive skill.

Nopes, that damage is irrelevant. The only stat you want to align your skills with is "X% elemental skill damage."

Ie a piece of gear with 20% lightning skill damage would buff you lightning damage abilities.

Keep the TF, it's boss and the Grandfather is butt.

subwilde

Nopes, that damage is irrelevant. The only stat you want to align your skills with is "X% elemental skill damage."

Ie a piece of gear with 20% lightning skill damage would buff you lightning damage abilities.

Keep the TF, it's boss and the Grandfather is butt.

I'll have to start finding gear with that then cause all I have right now is 18% fire from Reaper Wraps. Thanks for the help!

nowai

I'll have to start finding gear with that then cause all I have right now is 18% fire from Reaper Wraps. Thanks for the help!

If you're going for a fire build, do yourself a favor and grab a Cindercoat. Enchant it with three sockets and destroy.

Also a Devastator is great if you can craft one. I can craft you one on PS4, if you're on it.

Edit: For a lightning build, Odyn Son is also pretty boss.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've spent over 5000 shards and no MoJ. I've gotten 4 RoRG during my bounty runs and I guess that is 'balancing' it out heh.

Wow, I post this and get it on my third roll after!

If you're on PS4, lemme know if you wanna trade one of those rorg :) My WD is having no luck despite farming the crap outta Act 1. PSN is Tigerheli if so.

subwilde

If you're going for a fire build, do yourself a favor and grab a Cindercoat. Enchant it with three sockets and destroy.

Also a Devastator is great if you can craft one. I can craft you one on PS4, if you're on it.

Edit: For a lightning build, Odyn Son is also pretty boss.

Appreciate it! PSN- aewilde

I'm US CA so maybe I'll see ya on there depending on your time zone :)

xkramz

So. On console. I want to farm royal grandeur and on the wiki it says that you can do it on norm and still get it dropped from horadric cache. So that mean I do t have to do it on torment I since it also says Increased legendary drop from torment II & up...right?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So. On console. I want to farm royal grandeur and on the wiki it says that you can do it on norm and still get it dropped from horadric cache. So that mean I do t have to do it on torment I since it also says Increased legendary drop from torment II & up...right?
Torment is more time consuming. Just do it on normal (Act 1) and as soon as you have 10 caches, quit to dashboard, restart, open 10 caches, check for your item, quit to dashboard again. Repeat. That's what I did and I got the ring in an hour.

t28QhkD.jpg

Still have to find Fate of the Fell, using this in the meanwhile.

xkramz

Torment is more time consuming. Just do it on normal (Act 1) and as soon as you have 10 caches, quit to dashboard, restart, open 10 caches, check for your item, quit to dashboard again. Repeat. That's what I did and I got the ring in an hour.
I'm confused.

So get . 10 cache. Dashboard , restart What? , open cache check items. If no rings,dashboard and repeat?

This is my first Diablo game, though I have played Torchlight II and Path of Exile before. I've put in about 25 hours as a Crusader on hard and beat the story. Now I'm 3 hours or so into an Expert playthrough as a wizard, and I have a few questions. Playing on PC, btw.

1. What is paragon?

2. Is wizard just inherently harder to play? Been getting my ass kicked. Any gameplay/build tips are appreciated.

3. What kind of jewelry can you have Shen make? All through my first playthrough and after I've never been able to make any sort of jewelry.

4. The number of actual cinematics seems really low. Do you unlock more on higher difficulties? It seems like all the way through my first playthrough there were only about 3 or 4.

Does Leah never come back? I've beaten the game and DLC so I know she doesn't, but it just seems really odd and deflating. I enjoyed her character.

1. After you hit Level 70, you keep earning XP and start leveling up Paragon. each level nets you 1 point which you can dump into a bonus stat. More info here: http://www.diablowiki.net/Paragon

2. Wizard is fucking awesome. All classes aren't that fun in the beginning, but once you get unlock more skills, Wizard becomes way more fun. See the end of my post for some example builds.

3. Shen can craft gems, which can be placed into sockets in your armor and weapon. Each different type of gem has different attributes, and come in a variety of tiers. http://www.diablowiki.net/Gems

4. Not many cinematics in the game, and honestly, the story sucks ass. Don't pay too much attention to it and instead have fun killing things and getting loot.

5. Regarding the spoiler,
Nope. She's fucking gone. See, the story sucks.

Ok started a wizard as my second char and I'm utterly bored and confused how bad he is in the early game statwise.
No idea how to skill him either.

Probably will go back to my monk

Wizard is fucking awesome. Every class in the game is kinda bad because they don't have all their skills. Once you get more skills, it will be a lot more fun.

Here are some builds I used while leveling up to 70. Remember, turn on Elective Mode in the options to allow the ability to use any skill on any button, and multiple skills from the same sub-section.

Sub Level 30 build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRQilS!Ybd!Zaaa.a

ouv7Hrx.png

This build is pretty simple. Bring out your hyrda, the cast Blizzard on the enemy mobs and stay behind the hydra. They'll be slowed by Blizzard, allowing the hydra to do its job. You can then cast Disintegrate and start melting dudes. If you need to, fall back while casting Magic Missile, which can also slow the enemy down. Or Teleport away if things get too hectic. Recast the hydra and Blizzard, and repeat. Once you hit 30, you can swap out the Illustionist or Evocation passive for Cold Blooded, which helps improves your damage against the enemies you chill or freeze. You can switch out Magic Missile, and most of the other skills as well, but hydra and blizzard is a strong combo.

Mid 30s Melee build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WhYkXO!YbZ!bZZZaa

Bw3uQzd.png

If you want to go toe to toe with monsters, this build is kinda fun. Basically trigger Explosive Blast and run up to an enemy, timing it so that they get hit by the explosion. Immediately use Frost Nova and go to town with Spectral Blade. When enemies are unfrozen, run around and use more Spectral Blade, using Diamond Skin when necessary. If you're in trouble or there are a ton of enemies around, use Mirror Image. The clones created will use all the skills you have equipped, but only do 10% damage. Still, they can use Frost Nova and freeze enemies for you, giving you time to recover and re-cast Explosive Blast.

Level 60s Arcane build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRQiSO!YeU!aZZaZc

xU4nDIL.png

If you want to go Arcane damage, this one isn't too bad. Energy Armor with the Prismatic rune offers great defense if you have a lot of reistance to all elements. If not, use the Force Armor rune instead. This build is easy to use. Just call in the Hydra, start Disintegrating things, run around with Magic Missile when you run out of Mana, and Teleport away if things look bad.

The builds I posted above are just some examples of what a Wizard can do. You can follow these and tweak them around to your liking, or come up with your own build. Fire builds, Archon builds, Lightning builds, the sky is the limit. If you want to know more about wizards or learn about different builds and gear, check out reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards

Edit- Also, you can view popular Wizard builds here: http://www.diablofans.com/#top-builds:wizard

nubbe

t28QhkD.jpg

Still have to find Fate of the Fell, using this in the meanwhile.

Invested in some resist stats? :p

Top Bottom