• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I'm close to a Level 70 Crusader, any gear In specific I should be on the look out for to maximise the shotgun build?

(Besides Akkhan's set)

Possibly Reaper Wraps for your bracers. I run 2/3 Captain Crimson's and a Ring of Royal Grandeur. That way I can get full set bonuses for both Akkhan's (with just 5 pieces) and Captain Crimson's (you can cooldown reduction).

Thanks! I have the "not enough dps" prpblem right now. Never heard of holy shotgun, but looking into now.

How on earth do people even know what set pieces to go for with Kadala?

If they have one or two pieces of a set, they'll just gamble for the remaining pieces. But it's super random. Took me a while to get Akkhan's pieces to drop.

If you're doing it solo, set your difficulty to T6 and farm the bounties A Miner's Gold in act 2 and A Miser's Will in Act 5. Took me around 5 hours to level a fresh Barbarian to 70.

I did this with a barb and it gave me like 2,000 xp each time couldn't even see the difference on my bar. I've found it more effective (and fun) to just join someone who's playing expert adventure mode and enjoy the apprentice mode boost myself.

David___

Banned
I did this with a barb and it gave me like 2,000 xp each time couldn't even see the difference on my bar. I've found it more effective (and fun) to just join someone who's playing expert adventure mode and enjoy the apprentice mode boost myself.

You weren't on Torment 6 then. Each completed bounty should level you up at least once up until 65.

As long as she has her PSN account on the PS4, it should save her progress. Though I do hear that people have to keep re-assigning skills since they appear as if everything is newly unlocked every time you start a game.
Yeah, that's totally annoying. I hope they fix that in the next patch.

Anyway, the wife shouldn't even need a PSN account. As long as she has a local profile on the PS4, it should save her progress to that. The only thing I can suggest is making her character initially with her having launched the game. Then quit out, relaunch as you, and have her join.

My GF's local progress is always saved — apart from the aforementioned "new skills" bug — but we also imported from the PS3 version, so I did launch the game as her to do her import before we tried playing together. Maybe local co-op uses the other player's local save if it already exists, but it won't actually create one. /shrug

Tenso.jpg

Finally started making some solid progress today. Went from about 7800/200K/1000 to this in about seven hours. Upping the difficulty to Master really made a difference.

hawk2025

No trade window on console. Best you can do is drop something on the ground, hope the other person drops their item, and grab it. If you're friends with someone, you can send them items in the in-game mail, but it's still not gauranteed you'll get anything in return.

What?

Of course there's a trade window. Press Triangle/Y in the Party tab.

I never played a Diablo before so the game told me to play on Normal. What a tosser

We have been upping the difficulty at every opportunity, and my wife and I are usually easy mode all day long. Currently on Master and still looking for more challenge. Torment is coming soon!

Anyone on PS4 want to run some HC Bounties and Rifts tonight? Starting off on Master.

Also, if you open up a Horadic Cache in front of everyone - do they get stuff too?

I had a friend over to do some local co-op and he found a gift for me on the ground. Sent it, opened it, Countess Julia's Cameo. No more arcane damage for me.

I should be getting this game by Friday. Anyone wants to add me? My psn id is gamechanger252.

Also, can anyone post a good video guide or any other form of guide about how to play this game. Any class recommendations?

Omnicent

Thanks for the group PXG. The first few rifts were not to bad, but that last one kicked my butt with that last room. I couldn't even leap in there (and not enough mobs in that room to pump my armor from leap).
I wish earthern might was the 2.1 version ( 30 wrath from each leap quake). With that + perma ignore pain I could out heal that stuff (with the 5k health per fury spent rune. either spam battle rage while I leap or leap then boulder toss to heal 500k health.)

Anyone with a cold leap barb have any tips.

Orca

I have everything else I need for the Staff of Herding but can't get the Gibbering Gemstone to drop. I tried 60 or more runs today, on everything from Normal to Torment 3...no dice. At least Chiltara appears more often than it did on 360/PC.

bobawesome

I have everything else I need for the Staff of Herding but can't get the Gibbering Gemstone to drop. I tried 60 or more runs today, on everything from Normal to Torment 3...no dice. At least Chiltara appears more often than it did on 360/PC.

I'm right there with you. I had to take a break.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
It is low. You should have a socket on your weapon filled with a flawless royal emerald (+130% crit) by now, which would give you a significant dps bump.

I didn't know I could do this. I took out the Vitality from that weapon and got this:

280k DPS
4705k Armor (Or Vit? No diea, the shield :p)(big drop)
23.3K Vitality (or Armor?)

Is that better? That drop really hurts for some reason :p

I knooow. I'm a monk so I kinda just stand there kicking things in the face a bunch, and they run off and start shooting god out of their arse and murdering everything.
tell me about it. Riding horses around and shit with trails of fire and lightning circles and hammers flying and wut

I didn't know I could do this. I took out the Vitality from that weapon and got this:

280k DPS
4705k Armor (big drop)
23.3K Vitality

You should be able to make up the toughness elsewhere, but the crit gem in your weapon is a must.

You should also be aiming for flawless royal rubies (+280 str per) in your armor sockets.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You should be able to make up the toughness elsewhere, but the crit gem in your weapon is a must.

You should also be aiming for flawless royal rubies (+280 str per) in your armor sockets.

I see, I "assorted" what I added to them but I'll take some out and just apply the rubies then. Thanks for the tips though, didn't know I could change a spec for a socket.

Last try, still looking for Mauraders pants and boots if anyone on PS4 can trade.

I have a spare Dex Stone of Jordan and can dig around for other things depending on your class. PM me if you can help!

So I'm doing the quit to dashboard trick to try and get the SoJ (I know, I know) and I have a gift for a fellow gaffer. However even if I send the gift and force it to save the game it's still there when I reload. Is this lucky gaffer gonna get a hundred legendaries from me or what?

AAK

I know the OP says that the game struggles to maintain 30 fps on the PS3 version but how bad is it? Also for someone that is only going to play the game 3 player local co op? Should I even bother. And I don't see myself getting a PS4 till holiday 2015 the earliest.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I know the OP says that the game struggles to maintain 30 fps on the PS3 version but how bad is it? Also for someone that is only going to play the game 3 player local co op? Should I even bother. And I don't see myself getting a PS4 till holiday 2015 the earliest.

Well in 4 player co-op when running certain Rifts I've seen the PS4 version drop massively to maybe 30 frames from what I can notice. So, maybe the PS3 version does struggle a lot.

X-Frame

How many Crusaders here already have the full Akkhan set and how long after hitting 70 did it take you to get it? I guess I'm asking more for fresh console players, not those who imported.

Damn. I need to quit to dashboard again but I just got my 3rd unity ring. Anyone I can give it to quickly so it's not wasted?

Edit: no bites so I'm losing it.

I have a spare Ring of Royal Grandour to trade for a Tal Rasha set part.

Caveats:

The ring is lvl 67.

The Tal Rasha part cannot be helm, nor amulet.

PM if interested.

Should a trade diablo thread be created?

quest

Not Banned from OT
When do you guys think a good time to bump up to torment II is?

Unless you are hardcore just give it a try. If you can kill fast and efficient then you stay there. If you are struggling against a lot of elites then bump it back down.

quest

Not Banned from OT
How many Crusaders here already have the full Akkhan set and how long after hitting 70 did it take you to get it? I guess I'm asking more for fresh console players, not those who imported.

I imported over but it took me around 80 hours to get mine but I have about the worst luck possible in the game. I will just keep grinding eventually things will drop. The drop rate seems extremely high it is not that bad to get class sets.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Maybe I'm crazy but I have no desire to trade stuff. I'm going all self found.

Welcome to the club it will make the game last much longer assuming you don't do other exploits. Also nice knowing anything you have is a 1 of a kind and not something mass duped.

Haines

Banned
Welcome to the club it will make the game last much longer assuming you don't do other exploits. Also nice knowing anything you have is a 1 of a kind and not something mass duped.

Haha duping or cheating the game.in a loot game..

Might as well play a diff gamw

Hupsel

Thinking about rolling a barbarian... really liked their animation, just sending bodies all over the place lol. Do they keep fun to play all the way to 70?
blush.gif

naeS

Just want to give a heads up to anyone playing a Hardcore character on Xbox One(360 maybe) in an Open to Public game. Had a guy come in as a level 70(I was a 39) with a paragon level of 9990, overrode the game level somehow, a friend and I died instantly from the enemies.

His name is iBag XboxGirls. Was streaming on Twitch while doing this too.

HORRORSHØW

I knooow. I'm a monk so I kinda just stand there kicking things in the face a bunch, and they run off and start shooting god out of their arse and murdering everything.

tell me about it. Riding horses around and shit with trails of fire and lightning circles and hammers flying and wut

not my video but this is what i'm basically doing as a monk. i went from soloing t6 as a crusader to a monk in t4-t5, and i'm having more fun zipping around obliterating everything. i still have room for improvement in my gear ( a few things are from my crusader gear).

i think i'll spec a fire monk with a maximus next.

Just want to give a heads up to anyone playing a Hardcore character on Xbox One(360 maybe) in an Open to Public game. Had a guy come in as a level 70(I was a 39) with a paragon level of 9990, overrode the game level somehow, a friend and I died instantly from the enemies.

His name is iBag XboxGirls. Was streaming on Twitch while doing this too.

Oh wow... Sorry man. :(

Grimløck;128077520 said:
not my video but this is what i'm basically doing as a monk. i went from soloing t6 as a crusader to a monk in t4-t5, and i'm having more fun zipping around obliterating everything. i still have room for improvement in my gear ( a few things are from my crusader gear).

i think i'll spec a fire monk with a maximus next.

I'm loving my monk but I think that would make me sick. Hopefully that's not the only viable way to do torment as a monk

Top Bottom