• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The game just crashed on me (for the first time ever) right after I got three gifts from my mailbox, and I lost all three!

this some bullshit
does blizzard have magazine racks for me to flip or what

Edit : And I switched the difficulty from Expert to Master right when I started, and that got reset, too. so many magazine racks will be in my wake

The game just crashed on me (for the first time ever) right after I got three gifts from my mailbox, and I lost all three!

this some bullshit
does blizzard have magazine racks for me to flip or what

That sucks. You can pick up and drop crafting plans repeatedly if that'll make you feel better.

KeRaSh

does playing as demon hunter pay off towards the end? I'm at lvl20 and having a hard time,not fun at all.

DH started a little slow for me, too. It picked up big time during ACT II around Lv 30 when I found some really nice pieces of equipment. Suddenly I'm destroying things in seconds that used to give me a hard time. I went from 400-500 dmg to slightly over 2k damage within 3-4 hours of playing.

Jabba

Banned
does playing as demon hunter pay off towards the end? I'm at lvl20 and having a hard time,not fun at all.

I have a DH level 70, 64 paragon and do T3 but have to be more cautious with some of the yellow and purple mobs depending on their attacks. (walls and circular ice patterns on floor. Can't see the ice well) DH, is effective but it really isn't my playstyle. My dps is 657k, crit chance %37.50 and crit dmg is % 355. Also have some % in Rapidfire/Sentry skills but the crit dmg is what allowed my DH to do T3 instead of T2. Before, it was like %143. DH does eventually pay off but I can only vouch for T3 difficulty at this time.

All that being said, sounds like it may not be your playstyle?

Whoa, be careful removing top tier gems at Shen in New Tristram!

I wasn't able to pick it back up, had to dashboard and restart and thankfully it hadn't autosaved!

How hard is it to get even one item of the Akkhan Set? Tried 400 shards yesterday for chest pieces at Kadala, not even a normal legendary.

The last three days were not good on me in game, nothing to upgrade.

The people who are in posession of the "Crimson Angelic Wings" are those tradeable? I would love to have one pair of these :(

I found a decent looking Haunt of Vaxo and want to re-roll a stat on it but it seems I need an additional item to do so and I can't figure out what it is as its not showing up on any D3 sites.

It looks like golden octagon

barit

I opened 16 caches today and not one fucking legendary. no ring, no soul, nothing. Is such thing even possible? q_q

Swhalen

My crusader is getting pretty stacked. 5 pieces of akkhan, soj, ring of royal grandeur, fate of the fell, hellskull etc... Yet still I get one shotted in torment 6. Is it even possible?

nubbe

My crusader is getting pretty stacked. 5 pieces of akkhan, soj, ring of royal grandeur, fate of the fell, hellskull etc... Yet still I get one shotted in torment 6. Is it even possible?

Those are just names, need good stats on the items too :p

Ade

You need to make sure your gear has good itemisation, gems and perhaps even enchant bits to fix baddly started gear.

Its possibly to have full akkan with shit stats

Swhalen

You need to make sure your gear has good itemisation, gems and perhaps even enchant bits to fix baddly started gear.

Its possibly to have full akkan with shit stats

Alright. Maybe a few enchants and replacing a few of my items will get me there. I can struggle to do 4 and 5 right now.

Played my monk some more last night or master dif. Went from 21 - 41 in 2.5 hours. Remember how much fun monk class is with the right build. Tempest rush plus sweeping wind as standard attack then serenity (unwelcome disturbance) and seven sided strike (will use sustained attack in a few levels).

Using cool down reduction passive plus got some CDR on items and you do insane damage. I mean basic damage of tempest rush plus sweeping wind is good but serenity does %1500 dmg every 13 seconds and seven sided strike %5677 DMG every 18 seconds (will be about 10ish once I unlock next rune).

I was going through bounties on act 3 and getting to a point where I was taking to much damage. Then a leg staff dropped with slot (added damage gem) and another leg dropped that gives me random shrine buff chance when killing demons. Quadrupled my DPS and did all five act v bounties including killing diablo solo in about 15 mins.

So much fun.

Will swap sweeping wind for epiphany at 61.

I remember using crippling blow, teleport's roundhouse kicks etc and though nothing of tempest rush when playing my monk to 70 on PC. Wasn't till later I discover the skills awesomeness.

Played my monk some more last night or master dif. Went from 21 - 41 in 2.5 hours. Remember how much fun monk class is with the right build. Tempest rush plus sweeping wind as standard attack then serenity (unwelcome disturbance) and seven sided strike (will use sustained attack in a few levels).

Using cool down reduction passive plus got some CDR on items and you do insane damage. I mean basic damage of tempest rush plus sweeping wind is good but serenity does %1500 dmg every 13 seconds and seven sided strike %5677 DMG every 18 seconds (will be about 10ish once I unlock next rune).

I was going through bounties on act 3 and getting to a point where I was taking to much damage. Then a leg staff dropped with slot (added damage gem) and another leg dropped that gives me random shrine buff chance when killing demons. Quadrupled my DPS and did all five act v bounties including killing diablo solo in about 15 mins.

So much fun.

Will swap sweeping wind for epiphany at 61.

I remember using crippling blow, teleport's roundhouse kicks etc and though nothing of tempest rush when playing my monk to 70 on PC. Wasn't till later I discover the skills awesomeness.

I may be coming to you for advice on my monk then, had a Barb on PC but rolled Monk on the PS4, enjoying it but sometimes I'm getting smashed left right and centre. Will have to do some reading up on builds.

10443088_891508634212404_19495539318656963_o.jpg

Progress is slow, but stats are slowly going up.

Huzzah, got that ring everyone wants!

Now to stash it until I get a set

A 2nd rare ring dropped from the same cache that is a better dps upgrade for now lol

I may be coming to you for advice on my monk then, had a Barb on PC but rolled Monk on the PS4, enjoying it but sometimes I'm getting smashed left right and centre. Will have to do some reading up on builds.

This build I use doesn't seem to be that well known but its great. The biggest thing is that not only does serenity and seven sided strike to decent damage but you are invincible for the skills duration. So that's 3 seconds with serenity and 1-2 seconds for seven sided strike. Once you stack enough cool down reduction at 70 you basically run around with tempest rush and epiphanphy (inner fire). Then with 50% CDR (70% is ultimate goal but hard to reach) you only have about 8ish seconds where epiphany is on cool down. If you use these skills then, you are invincible for that time. Them pop epiphany again and tempest rush.

If you play it right you are almost invincible because when you use tempest rush with epiphany inner fire rune, each time you use spirit a spirit version of you kicks something on the screen for a lot of damage. You basically kick everything in the face for a lot of damage at once over and over again. You don't even need to be near the enemy.

Here is someone using it with 71% CDR. I think you can pretty much use epiphany forever like that.

Http://www.youtube.com/embed/AOaSBh7pMIY

Torment is more time consuming. Just do it on normal (Act 1) and as soon as you have 10 caches, quit to dashboard, restart, open 10 caches, check for your item, quit to dashboard again. Repeat. That's what I did and I got the ring in an hour.

t28QhkD.jpg

Still have to find Fate of the Fell, using this in the meanwhile.

Dude, my GOD!

Where did you get that Sword? OH and that Shield too? Hell! Everything you have on that guy?

That equipment is like INSANE for level 49 stuff.

This build I use doesn't seem to be that well known but its great. The biggest thing is that not only does serenity and seven sided strike to decent damage but you are invincible for the skills duration. So that's 3 seconds with serenity and 1-2 seconds for seven sided strike. Once you stack enough cool down reduction at 70 you basically run around with tempest rush and epiphanphy (inner fire). Then with 50% CDR (70% is ultimate goal but hard to reach) you only have about 8ish seconds where epiphany is on cool down. If you use these skills then, you are invincible for that time. Them pop epiphany again and tempest rush.

If you play it right you are almost invincible because when you use tempest rush with epiphany inner fire rune, each time you use spirit a spirit version of you kicks something on the screen for a lot of damage. You basically kick everything in the face for a lot of damage at once over and over again. You don't even need to be near the enemy.

Here is someone using it with 71% CDR. I think you can pretty much use epiphany forever like that.

Http://www.youtube.com/embed/AOaSBh7pMIY

Thanks for the explanation and holy shit at that video his life barely moves!

Thanks for the explanation and holy shit at that video his life barely moves!

Yup my monk on PC uses the build I say and solo t3-t4. Still got some rares on her to. But screwplaying with a mouse. Need a monk on ps4 now lol.

Biggest difference us that guy is using mystic ally. I would use seven sided strike because the damage is insane. My monk on PC was critting 11mil per hit. I had 40% crit chance so 50 mill every 8-10 seconds or so

bobawesome

These Horadic Caches aren't giving me the goodies =(

The very first one I opened dropped a green set piece for my crusader. I haven't been nearly as lucky since.

On another note, boo remote play. I was ready to finally start singing its praises. It worked seemingly fine for around 10 or 15 minutes and became a stuttering lag fest. That's essentially my remote play experience in a nutshell. This is direct connection, too. Don't even get me started on trying to use it over wi-fi.

What are the blue numbers beside the level? Is this to do with the paragon system?

Also, what are green items? I've never seen any before while playing.

The very first one I opened dropped a green set piece for my crusader. I haven't been nearly as lucky since.

On another note, boo remote play. I was ready to finally start singing its praises. It worked seemingly fine for around 10 or 15 minutes and became a stuttering lag fest. That's essentially my remote play experience in a nutshell. This is direct connection, too. Don't even get me started on trying to use it over wi-fi.

You made sure its on a clear channel?

Saganator

Get 10 caches

Save(quit to main menu from pause)

Open 10 caches

If no ring, quit from the OS.

I pretty much did this on accident the other night and got my ring. I opened like 15 caches, no ring. Got frustrated and turned off the console with out quitting. Come back a couple hours later, caches are still there untouched. Open them up, ring is in the last cache. I felt kinda cheap, but then I remembered how much time I put into farming for that ring in the past couple days and I felt better.

hydruxo

Playing a WD after getting used to Crusader is really, really different. Completely opposite play style and at times I'm feeling underpowered. Any tips on things I should focus on? I think I want to make it a pet build.

Do we know if Blizzard ever plan on letting us see our console characters via battle.net?

I'm not sure if they've said but it's possible they could add it whenever 2.1 hits consoles. They need to add a time played counter too, can't believe that's not in the game on the console versions. And do something about all the hackers/dupers out there right now.

IHaveIce

Banned
1. After you hit Level 70, you keep earning XP and start leveling up Paragon. each level nets you 1 point which you can dump into a bonus stat. More info here: http://www.diablowiki.net/Paragon

2. Wizard is fucking awesome. All classes aren't that fun in the beginning, but once you get unlock more skills, Wizard becomes way more fun. See the end of my post for some example builds.

3. Shen can craft gems, which can be placed into sockets in your armor and weapon. Each different type of gem has different attributes, and come in a variety of tiers. http://www.diablowiki.net/Gems

4. Not many cinematics in the game, and honestly, the story sucks ass. Don't pay too much attention to it and instead have fun killing things and getting loot.

5. Regarding the spoiler,
Nope. She's fucking gone. See, the story sucks.

Wizard is fucking awesome. Every class in the game is kinda bad because they don't have all their skills. Once you get more skills, it will be a lot more fun.
Damn thanks for the build run up, I have an badass lvl 70 monk, but couldn't adapt to wizards playstyle, but now with these tips I will carry on

I just need the Akkhan boots and I've got the complete set @_@

I then need to farm for the RoRG and a green set piece for waist, amulet and another set piece to replace an Akkhan piece. How did my fellow Crusaders stack bonus sets with the RoRG?

Captain Crimson's Belt with RoRG would give me:

Regenerate +2000 LPS
Reduce Cooldown of all skills by 10%

What other possibilities are there?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I then need to farm for the RoRG and a green set piece for waist, amulet and another set piece to replace an Akkhan piece. How did my fellow Crusaders stack bonus sets with the RoRG?

Regenerate +2000 LPS

RRoG requires 2 or more pieces to have any effect. Can't use 1 piece to get 2 piece bonuses.

hydruxo

Regenerate +2000 LPS

Are we friends on PSN? I'd be down to farm some Act 1 split bounties later tonight if you are

Ade

Couple of bad days for loot drops, but my XB1 Crusader is getting there, comfortably soloing T3 rifts.

Rocking 2 pieces of Akkans, Crimson Set, SoJ, RoRG, Thunderfury and that wolf based shield and am Paragon 78ish

Need to get myself a decent 2 Hander I think and get the rest of Akkans (currently have Shoulders and Chest) but am pretty happy as is (Am loving the Legendary Scoundrel token that unlocks all his skills at once!).

Decided to join some public games last night and was saddened by the amount of hacked gear out there (3 slotted rings and necks seem common) and by the amount of people who have those cool wings.

Anyone on the XB1 got any spare wings? Can trade for various stuffs (got a few invokers pieces (albeit with crusader stats) and can I craft the Cains/Hallowed sets?

Top Bottom