• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

quest

Not Banned from OT
On to Act 2. Witch Doctor is fun but I almost wish I would have gone with a Wizard.

You won't regret going WD once you get near end game. Wizards before 2.1.0 are really good till T3-T4. Then they start to fade while other classes get stronger. Once 2.1.0 hits wizards get much needed buffs to bring them inline with other classes in t-5-t-6. We have no idea when 2.1.0 will hit consoles might be 3+ more months.

Curufinwe

OP says the PS3 and 360 struggle to keep 30 fps. Is the performance of this version really twice as bad as the vanilla Diablo 3?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off

The very first battle outside the New Tristram gates brings this to the fore quite visibly, and also drags the frame-rate down to the lowest point possible on either platform. Even with the absence of v-sync, the PS3 produces a sustained 40fps as the enemy horde rises from the outskirts of the town, generating an uneven sensation while moving our Barbarian character. The 360 fares much better here overall by bottoming out at 50fps with likewise tearing.

Fortunately, this is an exceptional case reserved for this opening section, plus some of the more extravagant boss battles such as the run-in with the Skeleton King. While overworld areas like the Old Ruins and Cemetery of the Forsaken play out with occasional dips to varying degrees on either platform, for the majority of the dungeon-crawling experience the game delivers on the 60fps promise with zero tearing.

quest

Not Banned from OT
OP says the PS3 and 360 struggle to keep 30 fps. Is the performance of this version really twice as bad as the vanilla Diablo 3?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off

Who ever wrote that did not play any multi-player or a effect heavy class. In multi-player I seen frames drop into the single digits. In single player frame rates drop into the teens in any area with good monster density. The game will even skip showing effects to try and keep up frame rates. I played the crap out of vanilla D3 even with the frame rate issues because well the combat is freaking awesome.

ZenaxPure

I wouldn't be surprised someone getting to Paragon 1000 could easily spend over thousand hours in game time.

You're easily looking at multiple thousands of hours for plvl 1000. It's a horrifying thought really and the dude that broke level 1000 scares me. You need literally over 10 trillion XP (total) to reach paragon 1000.

Nopenopenope. So ridiculous.

Dragula56

Neo Member
Yes, one more Sony lie and I've had enough. I just sold my Vita and PS4 because of this lie. I'm done with them.

He he. I see what you did there.

Still can't wait to play this once it is out. With my internet though it may be Friday before it downloads.

Nista

We transferred our chars over to the Xbone version. Anyone have a good spec for a monk? I haven't played her in months and I'm not sure if suggested builds from the PC version apply?

By the way, can you use the junk-labeling thingy to quickly salvage your unwanted items?

You could do that in the base console game way back when. However, I noticed recently on PC that when you do that to gemmed gear, they'll take the gems out for you. Definitely wasn't the case before. Curious if that also carries over to this new game if anybody knows (though I'd imagine so)

Kyoufu

A Nemesis will only spawn if you die to a regular enemy (so no Elites or Champions or special enemies).

I hear the trick is to let it kill you so it can level up enough to drop good loot once killed.

I think I'm just going to die to regular enemies on purpose to create a Nemesis :p

Special C

As someone who played D3 on PC (pre-expansions, pre-major patches) once through, then got bored with it. Is this going to be a big enough improvement to be worth it? This is from someone who loved Diablo 2

No nemsis for hardcore. I don't think it will apply to bosses either.

A Nemesis will only spawn if you die to a regular enemy (so no Elites or Champions or special enemies).

I hear the trick is to let it kill you so it can level up enough to drop good loot once killed.

I think I'm just going to die to regular enemies on purpose to create a Nemesis :p

Thanks for the replies. It can also wrap back around to you again can't it? Or what if a friend is already in your game?

mid83

Sorry if has already been asked/answered. I've been working the last few days and haven't followed the thread. Is the psn version going to preload? I have mine set to automatic download and the timer is just for the actual release I think.

My ps4 has stopped loading internet content all of a sudden. Can't watch Live from PlayStation and even my friends pictures aren't loading. Predownload incoming?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I asked this yesterday but I didn't see a response so I'll ask again.

Can anyone with the game tell me if there's an option for a transparent HUD?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Sorry if has already been asked/answered. I've been working the last few days and haven't followed the thread. Is the psn version going to preload? I have mine set to automatic download and the timer is just for the actual release I think.

It is supposed to but looks like there might be a problem with it. I hope they can get it fixed on Monday.

Respawn

Banned
Yes PSN will preload

h3ro

I've been looking for info on this as well. I have a VT60 I'd like to protect from image retention/burn in. Not looking good though.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I've been looking for info on this as well. I have a VT60 I'd like to protect from image retention/burn in. Not looking good though.

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up, developers rarely ever consider plasma users.

gruenel

I'd like to know this too.

How much is the DLC to add these 3 character slots in after the games release if you don't pre-order?

On PC, Vanilla D3 had 10 slots, RoS had 12.

So I think we'll have 12+3 slots with the preorder bonus.

Just a wild guess though.

Don't know about the UEE, but the vanilla Diablo 3 don't have any option for transparent HUD.

Ottobit

Banned
Update on the preload issue. I just talked to Playstation Support and I was told that it would be available midday, so probably around noon PST we should be able to download it.

cjp

Is the pre order bonus stuff available through Amazon UK?

And what is it you actually get?

The page on the UK PSN store lists the following:

Pre-order the Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ - Ultimate Evil Edition™ and get the bonus Infernal Pauldrons DLC.

The Ultimate Evil Edition contains both Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls expansion set, together in one definitive volume. Rise as one of humanity's last defenders - crusader, barbarian, witch doctor, demon hunter, monk, or wizard - and collect legendary loot while mastering devastating new powers and abilities.

In addition when you pre-order you will also get the Infernal Pauldrons game add-on package which includes unique content:

-Infernal Pauldrons: Give your Heroes starter bonuses with this exclusive item.
-Spectral Hound: Summon a companion for your Heroes.
-Arma Mortis: Teach the Mystic seven new weapon appearances.
-Arma Haereticorum: Teach the Mystic three new helmet appearances.
- Three additional character slots

Is some of that stuff PSN pre order exclusive or will I get all that from pre ordering through Amazon UK?

Kyoufu

Is the pre order bonus stuff available through Amazon UK?

And what is it you actually get?

The page on the UK PSN store lists the following:

Is some of that stuff PSN pre order exclusive or will I get all that from pre ordering through Amazon UK?

Everybody gets the same stuff.

I haven't checked the thread if its been mentioned but for those that don't know. Go to your battlenet account on PC then go to account settings. If you look on the right you can link your accounts for PSN/XBLIVE.

You're supposed to get a legendary ring for this on release.

I haven't checked the thread if its been mentioned but for those that don't know. Go to your battlenet account on PC then go to account settings. If you look on the right you can link your accounts for PSN.

You're supposed to get a legendary ring for this on release.

Yep, I did that already. It gave me the ring. Just need the game now. lol

Top Bottom