• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

Hmm..I wished the PS4 version of UEE would automatically recognize the pre-order content from the PS3 version of D3v

I mean it IS tied to my PSN account. Oh well.

Hmm..I wished the PS4 version of UEE would automatically recognize the pre-order content from the PS3 version of D3v

I mean it IS tied to my PSN account. Oh well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023/pick-your-platform-keep-your-save-8-5-2014

Q. Will my pre-order bonuses from original Diablo III transfer?

Yes. Your pre-order bonuses from original Diablo III will transfer to Ultimate Evil Edition, but only if you’re moving to the same brand (i.e. PS3 > PS4 or Xbox 360 > Xbox One). Once these bonuses are transferred, new heroes on your account will also receive them upon creation.

Pre-order bonuses from original D3 will not transfer if you’re moving to a different brand (i.e. PS3 > Xbox One, Xbox 360 > PS4).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Have you tried the demo on PS3? Try that solo and then co-op, see if you like it.
I've never owned a PS3 and don't know anyone who has one, or I would! It's no biggie, I buy games I don't like all the time. I usually lose less than $10 if I resell within the first week.

OmegaDL50

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023/pick-your-platform-keep-your-save-8-5-2014

Q. Will my pre-order bonuses from original Diablo III transfer?

Yes. Your pre-order bonuses from original Diablo III will transfer to Ultimate Evil Edition, but only if you’re moving to the same brand (i.e. PS3 > PS4 or Xbox 360 > Xbox One). Once these bonuses are transferred, new heroes on your account will also receive them upon creation.

Pre-order bonuses from original D3 will not transfer if you’re moving to a different brand (i.e. PS3 > Xbox One, Xbox 360 > PS4).

There is some confusion to this though.

People don't know if the game just recognizes the content automatically. Or if it requires one to transfer an old D3 character to the PS4.

Several related questions like this on the Blizzard forums exist, but not many clear answers.

There is some confusion to this though.

People don't know if the game just recognizes the content automatically. Or if it requires one to transfer an old D3 character to the PS4.

Several related questions like this on the Blizzard forums exist, but not many clear answers.

I would just use the export save feature from PS3 > PS4 to be sure. Don't see why your pre-order bonuses wouldn't transfer this way.

So at the last minute I've decided to change my Diablo 3 pre-order and get the xbone version instead of ps4. My reasoning is that it's a game I'm gonna want to leave on for hours at a time even if I'm not playing it and I don't want to deal with the fan noise and room heating(my consoles are in my office) I usually have to deal with on PS4 when playing games for long periods of time. I would also like to use a controller I won't have to charge every four hours. Don't get me wrong I love my ps4 but I'd love it more if It was quieter, cooler, and that damn controller battery lasted longer. This will be the first time I've let comfort factor decide for me which version to buy over specs, though it should also run 1080p after the update I suppose.

Pre load starts today right? Anyone knows the hour?

I was hoping at 12AM PST, but it's 7 minutes past that so maybe later on in the day...

My download list still looks like this:

62dc9d7ca06bcee19084f82ec919a73c.png

Gator86

On to Act 2. Witch Doctor is fun but I almost wish I would have gone with a Wizard.

Witch Doctor is the only class I've never been interested in. I just hate how they look. Kind of a silly reason but the other classes look so bad ass and the WD just looks dumb.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Witch Doctor is the only class I've never been interested in. I just hate how they look. Kind of a silly reason but the other classes look so bad ass and the WD just looks dumb.

Screw em all! I still miss the Assassin and Amazon from D2. :(

Jack cw

Sonne retailers in Germany already have the game in stock, but unfortunately both of my local game shops didnt revieve any copies. Hopefully tomorrow then.

OmegaDL50

So at the last minute I've decided to change my Diablo 3 pre-order and get the xbone version instead of ps4. My reasoning is that it's a game I'm gonna want to leave on for hours at a time even if I'm not playing it and I don't want to deal with the fan noise and room heating(my consoles are in my office) I usually have to deal with on PS4 when playing games for long periods of time. I would also like to use a controller I won't have to charge every four hours. Don't get me wrong I love my ps4 but I'd love it more if It was quieter, cooler, and that damn controller battery lasted longer. This will be the first time I've let comfort factor decide for me which version to buy over specs, though it should also run 1080p after the update I suppose.

Didn't you already decide you were going to get the XB1 copy to begin with a few days ago.

Using the information about the PS4 having bloated game file size and it's extra content being superficial fluff.

Why make it sound like this is some sudden last minute decision?

On to Act 2. Witch Doctor is fun but I almost wish I would have gone with a Wizard.

why not change over? you are going to go them all eventually.

Ive just started my witch doctor on x360, just to beef him up a bit before i get the game in the next couple of days so he doesnt start at level 1.

Let me ask you guys this:

I played this game back when it came out.

I roll'd a Barbarian. Since then they've added the Crusader class, which is also a melee class like the Barbarian.

Let me ask about these two:

Which class do you guys recommend? Which is more powerful? What advantages does each class have over one another? Lastly, what is the differences in the play styles so I can have some idea which one would fit me better?

I want a character that is simple to play, but also engaging and powerful.

bender

What time is it?
why not change over? you are going to go them all eventually.

Ive just started my witch doctor on x360, just to beef him up a bit before i get the game in the next couple of days so he doesnt start at level 1.

It's not bad, I just like the fire bats so much that I think glass cannon might suit me better. I'm not much of a magic user in most RPGs so this is all a little foreign to me.

zoobzone

The original D3 release on PSN was like this.

Except no pre-loading at all, so in the end they finally put up the game 2 hours after it was released.

Pop

I'm glad I have non of them problems.

Kemal86

Didn't you already decide you were going to get the XB1 copy to begin with a few days ago.

Using the information about the PS4 having bloated game file size and it's extra content being superficial fluff.

Inceptional has been pimping the Xbox One version and shitting on the PS4 with FUD and bullshit since like page two. Just ignore him. -_-;;

Man

I bought Diablo 3 for PC at launch but never got around to playing it due to my ho-hum laptop.
I skipped the last-gen console release because it was clear that with the upcoming add-on there would be a next-gen version.

I am finally ready to play. Will pick up the PS4 edition on Tuesday.

Spy

So is it possible to unlock the PS3 preorder bonuses in the PS4 version of the game?

*without ever preordering the PS3 version

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So is it possible to unlock the PS3 preorder bonuses in the PS4 version of the game?

*without ever preordering the PS3 version

Prob not. Though don't get excited, the bonuses are only really worthwhile for extremely low levels and are usually replaced by better gear halfway into act 1. Outside of the wings I guess which are purely cosmetic, and I never liked wearing anyway.

No it turned out all that file size stuff was nonsense with different language add-ons in Europe. I was also hearing about that PS4 bug but thats been ironed out thanks to DF. I just keep going back and forth but I've finally settled on the xbone version because my room doesn't have the best ventilation really was the point of my whole stupid rant. Thanks for checking up on me though, I guess?

Gowans

Failing to get any of the 6 local mates I play on live with a few times a week to pick this up :(

They thought it was a MMO :(

Looks like co-op with the Mrs.

Inceptional has been pimping the Xbox One version and shitting on the PS4 with FUD and bullshit since like page two. Just ignore him. -_-;;

Man you message board police should go further back in my post history if you think I'm trolling and purposely shitting on the PS4. I only own one xbone game, all my other games are on PS4. I come to these boards to speak what's on my mind and maybe I'm just making excuses to buy another xbone game but so what if I am and what's it to you?

OmegaDL50

Man you message board police should go further back in my post history if you think I'm trolling and purposely shitting on the PS4. I only own one xbone game, all my other games are on PS4. I come to these boards to speak what's on my mind and maybe I'm just making excuses to buy another xbone game but so what if I am and what's it to you?

Just letting ou know. I only made an off hand comment from what I remembered the other day, generally conflicting statements generally stick out to me like a sore thumb, which is why I brought it up. If you think there is think there is some kind of agenda with people going through your post history making an issue of this, sorry to say you aren't that important. I'll easily stamp out that line of thinking if you want to lump me into that sort of crowd.

There is nothing wrong with picking a 3rd party title on whatever platform you choose, but if you decide act overly defensive when someone makes an comment and you give reply with hostile undertone, it makes it all seem rather juvenile and certainly doesn't promote any kind of constructive discussion.

How is this $60 on US PSN but £60 in the UK? That's even worse than the usual digital pricing. I guess I'm not buying it digitally...

Still deciding if I want this. I've never played it before and heard the story stuff is quite short, but I guess adventure mode and higher difficulties is where the fun really is?

How is this $60 on US PSN but £60 in the UK? That's even worse than the usual digital pricing. I guess I'm not buying it digitally...

Still deciding if I want this. I've never played it before and heard the story stuff is quite short, but I guess adventure mode and higher difficulties is where the fun really is?
Set up a US PSN account then buy Amazon.com PSN cards. Buy the game from the US store, then play on your UK account. That's what I do, and many other here. No way am I paying UK pricing!

OmegaDL50

El Generico avatar? You a Chikara fan?

Anyways..This isn't the sort of game that puts an emphasis on plot.

If you played anything like Torchlight 2 or Titan Quest, Champions of Norrath, or Baldur's Gate : Dark Alliance 1 or 2.

The game is basically like that but much more refined and detailed.

You can clear the story mode easily in 8 hours or so solo. Truly maxing out a character and getting deep into the mechanics can easily take HUNDREDS.

In fact the story campaign and getting to level 70 is more or less a large tutorial. The Nephalem Rifts, Adventure Mode and Paragon Levels (which apparently have no known cap, the highest I've seen was level 800, there is apparently some people who broke the 1000 barrier already)

I wouldn't be surprised someone getting to Paragon 1000 could easily spend over thousand hours in game time.

-Digits-

Any impressions about remote play yet? I would mainly be interested in this to remote play but have some concerns about the controls and how readable everything is on the smaller screen.

Jolkien

Should I play on hard? Jeff Gerstmann said this game was really easy.

It's not really a game you only play through once. Play on the setting you want (you can easily ramp it up or down at any time). To be efficient at Diablo is to be able to gauge wich difficulty balance to play on. You need to kill things fast as it means more xp and more loot, but also a difficulty high enough that you have better chance of finding legendary. (better xp, money etc)

Once your lvl 70 work on being able to clear relatively efficient on Torment I because starting on Torments difficulty you have access to new legendaries. That's the only case I'd say it's pretty important to be able to do so.

gruenel

From Blizzard: "the actual size of the game client which is also comprised of the language files for the game in English, French, German and Italian, is 37.8 GB."
not sure about the 20GB version though.
"When players actually download the game they will get the game and the language file of their choice, which will come in at around 16GB."
Maybe the German-only version is 20 instead of 16?
Anyway, with the 37.8GB download you will get the English version as well.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-11-diablo-3-download-install-sizes-are-much-higher-on-ps4

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Where can you see this download list? First time seeing this.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Top Bottom