• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Public games are incredibly frustrating.

Either they have one or more players rocking those hacked 3 socket weapons or they are massively laggy or both.

=/

LCGeek

formerly sane
- Is the stuff you can craft actually better than the stuff you find?

Not necessarily and I would say for the most part if we are talking certain end game items no. This doesn't mean something like reaper wraps, cains or aughlids even ashereas set piece items doesn't haven't a place when gearing yourself.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So how many of you playing D3 are going to be playing Destiny next week?

I have a feeling D3 is going to be like a ghost town after Tuesday next week. I don't plan to completely abandon it, especially since Blizzard has planned to continue with patch support, but I'm curious to see how many of my friends are still playing next week should I decide to pop it in for a bit and give Destiny a break.

Also XBOX One GT: StUnNeR H2K, and currently been running Torment IV (Paragon 130) on my Demon Hunter. Can probably move up to Torment V, but I've been playing with some friends that are newer to the game that I've been leveling up with.

I just started D3 is I'll still be playing, but will probably play Destiny more for a while.

I'm early in Act, just bumped up to hard as I was owning everything, and my wizard is level 24.

hydruxo

I have a feeling D3 is going to be like a ghost town after Tuesday next week. I don't plan to completely abandon it, especially since Blizzard has planned to continue with patch support, but I'm curious to see how many of my friends are still playing next week should I decide to pop it in for a bit and give Destiny a break.

Also XBOX One GT: StUnNeR H2K, and currently been running Torment IV (Paragon 130) on my Demon Hunter. Can probably move up to Torment V, but I've been playing with some friends that are newer to the game that I've been leveling up with.

I'll still playing a bit but yeah Destiny will take up most of my free time. There's only so much room for loot haha.

I appreciate all of your posts Serversurfer. I feel like I'm heading more in the right direction after heeding yours and some of the other members posts over the last couple days. Looking forward to digging back in again tonight. I hit lvl 69 last night, so I'm just gonna continue to get to lvl 70 and try to get in at least 5 bounties a night until I get a good amount of rift keys (and then go try some of those).

I do have a wonderful spouse, as she doesn't complain about me getting some game time in during the evenings/weekends. She'll play some Mario 3d world and Mario kart with me, but I think Diablo is a bit much for her to want to get into. I've offered to pick her up another controller (getting the white dualshock to go with Destiny anyway), so maybe I'll "make" her join me for some couch co-op at some point :)
Keep in mind its impossible to spray a group of mobs in "0.3" seconds as he states and slow them since disintegrate ticks 3 times per second at base channeling speed. You only slow when damage strikes, so he is essentially slowing only a small line of enemies in 0.3s of spray with a single tick. You can get GREAT gear to hit 6 or 7 ticks per second by now you are hitting breakpoints and AP limits.

Hydras are fun until you hit a rift with lots of corners, lots of small rooms, lots of line of sight. You can't kite a crap ton of mobs around your hydra to maximize effect. You'll be redropping him wasting AP constantly.

Event Horizon is cool but at higher torments (I run T3, getting to 4) you will be dragged around the screen by mobs that teleport so sucking walls can't happen on a cooldown every time. Use Spellsteal and Teleport instead of Hydras.

Lock onto a target at the front center of a pack and KEEP LOCKED ON HIM. Now give a quick burst of Dis to slow the center line down. Enemies will funnel around the slowed enemy. Now pop BH with Spellsteal when you have the locked target in the center of a pack. You should be able to get 15-20 stack easily of Spellsteal. That's 45-60% DMG increase for 10s. Easier to pull off on higher torments due to mob density. Now you have 15-20 mobs CCd and a huge damage boost, start picking off the flanking sides and go to town.

You won't need a signature spell for AP regen. I can easily handle 125-150 kill streak before I go OOM. Use teleport defensively. If you can craft a decent offhand you can reroll to allow teleport to Wormhole automatically AND still keep a rune on it for double the fun.

I'd go with a hydra build with Serpent wand and Mirro. Then its fire all the way for dropping 2 hydras and 3mm spread.

I'm only paragon 104 but have about 30 of those from my Wiz and currently in only crafted gear, for reference of potential with just "mucking around" on her.

Decent jewelry. Like my amulet the most.

4K5Ir5s.jpg

Do you have any set plans like Born's Command, Aughild's Authority, Captain Crimson's Trimmings or Cain's Destiny?

Nah not yet, I am not sure exactly what sets or legendaries I should be after, is there a good website with some solid info on what is worth crafting?

I didn't want to waste my legendary crafting mats on things that I would never use for long.

So I am mostly in yellow gear with 3/4 legendary bits that are OK, but I didn't think it was worth using the mystic on my yellow gear since up until now it's always been pretty quickly replaced and doing that is usually expensive. In saying that I have nothing else to spend gold on at the moment and not many sockets to put gems in!

So yeah, I will keep farming and what not so just need to work out what gear to shoot for? The main reason I haven't done that is there isn't anyway to see what the sets are like stat wise roughly in game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Last week I had 20 to 30 people playing D3 at any one time on my friends list. Last night? Maybe 5. Everyone is just waiting for Destiny.

The amount of hacking and duping has really turned me off of D3.

I'll probably try splitting my time between them both, I have a friend picking up Destiny so will play online with him when he is about, other times I'll most likely be on Diablo.

I've been trying like mad to get a RRoG with strength for my Crusader. I'm envious of you people that have them. I had one but, I got at level 43. Being as how that was the only one I've ever gotten in 500 hours of playtime (including PC) I doubt I'll see another.

Nah not yet, I am not sure exactly what sets or legendaries I should be after, is there a good website with some solid info on what is worth crafting?

I didn't want to waste my legendary crafting mats on things that I would never use for long.

So I am mostly in yellow gear with 3/4 legendary bits that are OK, but I didn't think it was worth using the mystic on my yellow gear since up until now it's always been pretty quickly replaced and doing that is usually expensive. In saying that I have nothing else to spend gold on at the moment and not many sockets to put gems in!

So yeah, I will keep farming and what not so just need to work out what gear to shoot for? The main reason I haven't done that is there isn't anyway to see what the sets are like stat wise roughly in game.

You can check this site for some builds.

I have some spare pieces that I don't need. If you are on PS4, I can send them to you. They are not the best items, but maybe they will be usefull to you.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably try splitting my time between them both, I have a friend picking up Destiny so will play online with him when he is about, other times I'll most likely be on Diablo.

My main gaming buddy that I'll play Destiny with also just got D3. I'm guessing well play Destiny more, but hopefully split some. Or maybe just both mostly do D3 solo. Nos character is several levels behind mine.

Last week I had 20 to 30 people playing D3 at any one time on my friends list. Last night? Maybe 5. Everyone is just waiting for Destiny.

The amount of hacking and duping has really turned me off of D3.

Sigh. I can't believe hacking and duping is running rampant in this game.

To everyone who has added me PSN Frost-Fiend, if you received something from me it's legit. The way I play is, if I come across a Legendary that I don't need or find better equipment for the legendary I have equipped I in game mail the Legendary to someone on my friend list.

I don't know how to hack and don't know how to dupe something and I'm not going to goggle it or want someone to explain it to me because I don't play like that.

I don't know if this is only happening to me but every time I try to find people to play this game online I get this:

Now the odd thing is I can perfectly join friend's games or they can join mine, but I can't find any public game open.

Does this happens to someone else also?

This is playing Diablo on PS4.

Check your connection settings in D3, it might be you have my region only selected.

Atkison04

Keep in mind its impossible to spray a group of mobs in "0.3" seconds as he states and slow them since disintegrate ticks 3 times per second at base channeling speed. You only slow when damage strikes, so he is essentially slowing only a small line of enemies in 0.3s of spray with a single tick. You can get GREAT gear to hit 6 or 7 ticks per second by now you are hitting breakpoints and AP limits.

Hydras are fun until you hit a rift with lots of corners, lots of small rooms, lots of line of sight. You can't kite a crap ton of mobs around your hydra to maximize effect. You'll be redropping him wasting AP constantly.

Event Horizon is cool but at higher torments (I run T3, getting to 4) you will be dragged around the screen by mobs that teleport so sucking walls can't happen on a cooldown every time. Use Spellsteal and Teleport instead of Hydras.

Lock onto a target at the front center of a pack and KEEP LOCKED ON HIM. Now give a quick burst of Dis to slow the center line down. Enemies will funnel around the slowed enemy. Now pop BH with Spellsteal when you have the locked target in the center of a pack. You should be able to get 15-20 stack easily of Spellsteal. That's 45-60% DMG increase for 10s. Easier to pull off on higher torments due to mob density. Now you have 15-20 mobs CCd and a huge damage boost, start picking off the flanking sides and go to town.

You won't need a signature spell for AP regen. I can easily handle 125-150 kill streak before I go OOM. Use teleport defensively. If you can craft a decent offhand you can reroll to allow teleport to Wormhole automatically AND still keep a rune on it for double the fun.

I'd go with a hydra build with Serpent wand and Mirro. Then its fire all the way for dropping 2 hydras and 3mm spread.

I'm only paragon 104 but have about 30 of those from my Wiz and currently in only crafted gear, for reference of potential with just "mucking around" on her.

Greetings AbsintheGames! Thanks for clearing some of that up. I feel like I was having much more success last night after switching one of my passive abilities to allow arcane damage to slow enemies (magic missile, disintegrate, and hydra all had a slowing effect). Out of all my spells, I feel like magic missile, black hole, disintegrate and the hydra are my mains. I would have trouble parting with them at this point, but I have not done any rifts or played more than ten minutes at torment difficulty (too much death for me at the moment). I haven't fooled around much with teleport yet. I had it set up for a day or two during my campaign but found myself never using it so I switched it for something else. To be clear, what exactly does "spell steal" do on the black hole spell? Also, having teleport that auto drops a black hole sounds pretty awesome, as that would free up a spell slot for something else. Any advice what gear I would need to make that happen? Thanks!

Omnicent

I am currently running Torment VI solo. I decided to try and stream it on twitch just for the hell of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/helscream7

You guys can see what to expect in terms of enemy health/damage and the toughness and DPS you need to clear Torment VI effectively.

I need to add you to my friends list when I get home. Just started T6 yesterday on my Freeze barb. Fire leap quake + freeze leap quake should wreck shop.

Would also help with corrupt angels. Got a pack of them last night and it took forever because of the immunity shield (had that pack + RG that aoe freeze spams at the same time in a small room... not fun lol)

TheHall

Question Gaf: I see a lot of builds with "optimal gear" but what happens next?

Should i strive to get the 1 perfect gear combo and by that basically ending the progress on my character or is there more to do once you have the "best" gear?

Should i strive to get the 1 perfect gear combo and by that basically ending the progress on my character or is there more to do once you have the "best" gear?

Once you have the perfect gear for a particular build, you can try out a new build with different gear requirements, or start a new character.

Omnicent

There is optimal and then best rolls for gear in your set (IE max rolls on all of your items, which is the hard part. Some people choose to move on once they get just the gear though).
If you have the gear with all best stat rolls on them, then try out other builds/experiment/create a different character.

I am, think I'm done with the game. Feel like I should level up my WD to T4 but whats the point? I don't play alone and all t5/6 rifts are riddled with cheaters. Maybe I'll jump back when 2.1 hits consoles, but for now D3 has done its job of being an appetizer leading up to main course.

Omnicent

I am, think I'm done with the game. Feel like I should level up my WD to T4 but whats the point? I don't play alone and all t5/6 rifts are riddled with cheaters. Maybe I'll jump back when 2.1 hits consoles, but for now D3 has done its job of being an appetizer leading up to main course.

Play with gaffers. Heck was rolling with super-famicom, Ballis, and a few others last night. Fun to clean shop with other gaffers.
Try adding people from the spreadsheet (in the other thread with all the psn id's)

TheHall

There is optimal and then best rolls for gear in your set (IE max rolls on all of your items, which is the hard part. Some people choose to move on once they get just the gear though).
If you have the gear with all best stat rolls on them, then try out other builds/experiment/create a different character.

That is exactly the play i don't understand though.

Why spend hours and hours on decking a character out to the point that playing them becomes useless?

Should i just not bother at lvl 70 and then start a new character?

Haines

Banned
huh, i was tearing up t1 rifts at ~300k on a witchdoctor. i'd go with a one-hand + mojo over the two hander though.

skills i was using: acid cloud, piranhado, spirit walk, gargantuan, soul harvest, rain of toads.
passives: fetish sycophants, extra dog + health, vision quest and the cooldown bonus when enemy dies near you (forget name)

use the passive switch trick to get the dogs up at the start of a session, i find they rarely die so having summon equipped seems like a waste of a button. it did get a mask of jeram pretty early into it though so that probably helped.

Nothing comes close to its attack but I'll prob just find something half decent and have to bite the bullet for a while. Gambled.lots at kadala no.luck. I'll try your build out tonight as well thx

Haines

Banned
PC version got a patch so difficulty increases chances of legendary at cache.

God I wish we would get 2.1 soon but than I wonder how.long til its outdated. Boo

TehPabz

Trading RoRG ring for Lut socks the rings stats are +455 strength, +7.0% attack speed, +374 armor, +1868 life per hit. My psn id is TehR3AP3R

Lima

That is exactly the play i don't understand though.

Why spend hours and hours on decking a character out to the point that playing them becomes useless?

Should i just not bother at lvl 70 and then start a new character?

How is it useless? Running through mobs on T6 like there is no tomorrow is fun.

Play with gaffers. Heck was rolling with super-famicom, Ballis, and a few others last night. Fun to clean shop with other gaffers.
Try adding people from the spreadsheet (in the other thread with all the psn id's)

Thanks for helping me level my monk to 70. Did you have a mic? I sent you a party invite but you didn't accept it.

joeblow

Originally Posted by TehPabz

I just hit 70 with my crusader what should I concentrate my stats on? Strength and vitality?
You can reset paragon points anytime without penalty.

Right now, you should focus the paragon points on movement speed (combined with equipment you should have 25%), cooldown reduction (if you plan on using Akarat Champion), all res and critical hit chance or critical hit damage.

Originally Posted by TehPabz

Ok cool and what about the stats on the gear?
Critical hit damage, critical hit chance, strength, cooldown reduction, all res, armor, vitality.

For example, in the gloves - Critical hit damage, critical hit chance, cooldown reduction and strength. In the chest - strength, armor and vitality.

Good info on Paragon points and gear stat priority, thanks.

Picked up this game for the XboxOne even though Destiny is out next Tuesday. This is a fantastic game for consoles. I am glad Blizzard brought it over to us peasants.

I am, but most people are still at T2 and below. I join whenever there's higher rifts going on like with Helscream or famicom or dirtgnap, but they're not that frequent.

cheers for that, i will have a read at it after work. I am on PS4 PSN name is SlickShoes would gladly accept anything that you dont need but if you have a use for it dont want to nick stuff!

I'm taking a break from playing with a Crusader. Picked up my wizard and crafted a few things. Some I don't need it anymore, so instead of throwing away, I'll send them to you. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am, but most people are still at T2 and below. I join whenever there's higher rifts going on like with Helscream or famicom or dirtgnap, but they're not that frequent.

I run t6 rifts every night. All are welcome to join.

Started looking for a RRoG. Spent about 30 mins opening 6 boxes and repeating if one didn't drop. Got one. No crit stats. Kept my boxes for more rolling. What's an ideal roll for that thing?

depends on yo class. You really just want the ring for its legendary effect at first though, try and farm for a better one later on.

Greetings AbsintheGames! Thanks for clearing some of that up. I feel like I was having much more success last night after switching one of my passive abilities to allow arcane damage to slow enemies (magic missile, disintegrate, and hydra all had a slowing effect). Out of all my spells, I feel like magic missile, black hole, disintegrate and the hydra are my mains. I would have trouble parting with them at this point, but I have not done any rifts or played more than ten minutes at torment difficulty (too much death for me at the moment). I haven't fooled around much with teleport yet. I had it set up for a day or two during my campaign but found myself never using it so I switched it for something else. To be clear, what exactly does "spell steal" do on the black hole spell? Also, having teleport that auto drops a black hole sounds pretty awesome, as that would free up a spell slot for something else. Any advice what gear I would need to make that happen? Thanks!
I forget the name of the offhand but I can craft one for you. Spellsteal on Black Hole grants you 3% damage for 10s with every enemy hit by BH. Which is why I setup massive groups and kite to form a legion of enemies to cast black hole to maximize Spellsteal. I typically get 15-20 stack of Spellsteal so that's a 45-60% damage boost for 10s.

Wormhole on Teleport allows you to teleport again for free within 3s of casting your first Teleport. It's like a double jump :D

PM me your PSN name and I'll craft some things tonight. My wiz isn't my main but I am looking to gear her to at least T4/5 solo so I can run 6 with friends.

M_A_C

Would you guys recommend the PS4 version to someone who has already beaten the PC version and got bored of it? My friend wants me to get this but I've already played the PC version 2 years ago so I'm hesitant.

Ps4 doesn't have seasons right? Are there any other differences other than the field of view? Are there less mobs than PC?

fwpx

Would you guys recommend the PS4 version to someone who has already beaten the PC version and got bored of it? My friend wants me to get this but I've already played the PC version 2 years ago so I'm hesitant.

Diablo 3 now vs 2 years ago is a completely different game. I would say play with your friends.

Top Bottom