• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Jabba

Banned
Just hit 70 with my Crusader 65 paragon carried over from my DH.. She definitely needs to find better gear for t1 difficulty. Like Crusader play style though.

Just hit 70 with my Crusader 65 paragon carried over from my DH.. She definitely needs to find better gear for t1 difficulty. Like Crusader play style though.

What's this? I'm about to start a new DIII character when I finish with Tales of Xillia 2. I haven't heard anything about Paragon levels carrying over. How does that work?

What's this? I'm about to start a new DIII character when I finish with Tales of Xillia 2. I haven't heard anything about Paragon levels carrying over. How does that work?

You gain Paragon levels after you reach level 70, these levels are shared by all your characters if they inhabit the same soft- or hardcore universe. With these points you can manually spec your character in a more traditional RPG sense. And you can respec at any time as you see fit.

Svafnir

Paragon levels are account wide. So they carry over in the sense all your characters are the same paragon level. They can spend their paragon points seperately.

Timmay

Banned

Whatever paragon level you reach on one character, those points apply to any new character you create if you want them. They can be assigned to different stats per character as you wish. Once that character reaches 70, he/she will then start adding to the paragon level and again those points will apply to all characters newly created or created prior.

You gain Paragon levels after you reach level 70, these levels are shared by all your characters if they inhabit the same soft- or hardcore universe. With these points you can manually spec your character in a more traditional RPG sense.

I knew what the points themselves were, I've got a 70 wizard with 55 paragon levels. I just didn't know they carried over to new characters. Thanks!

yamo

I hit 70 with my Witch Doctor a couple of days ago, here's a Zoo Doctor build that I use. It works pretty well, though I may tweak it here and there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRYTPU!adhV!bZaZZa

23ZQX1y.png

You get 3 Dogs, a Gargantuan, and a Fetish army, with a bonus Fetish every now and then thanks to the Fetish Sychophants passive. My two attacks are poison based, but you can also go fire based: Replace Plague of Toads (Rain of Toads) with Firebomb (Flash Fire or Fire Pit). Change the Poison rune to the Fire one for Zombie Dogs, and you can replace Acid Cloud with Zombie Charger (Explosive Beast). Or use Piranhado (Bogadile) for massive damage.

Spirit Walk is super useful, it's basically a Get Out of Jail Free card when you need to GTFO of a battle. It's also a good idea to Spirit Walk through a pack of enemies so all your Pets will follow you and engage them (since sometimes their A.I. doesnt work perfectly).

How is it possible to have both Gargantuan and Fetish Army going at the same time? Aren't those skills on the same cool down (and button R1)?

I did see that option but I figured it was for those who wanted to map their skills to different buttons only. Will try tinkering with this tonight.

Feels like it might open up totally unbalanced builds!

Not really, you don't want to pop 2 skills with long cooldowns, or use up all your rage/mana/wrath etc...

BigDug13

I did see that option but I figured it was for those who wanted to map their skills to different buttons only. Will try tinkering with this tonight.

The game has been tuned around players having elective mode. The option has been in the game since day one PC release. Not sure why there is even an option for non-elective mode or why non-elective mode is defaulted as on.

How do I power level other classes to 70? I'm on HC so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain. I just wanna get the Dream Team trophy for the Platinum, then back to grinding it out with my Crusader.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Doing the same. First playthrough with Crusader on Expert, then wizard on Master, now DH on Torment.

Drame

How do I power level other classes to 70? I'm on HC so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain. I just wanna get the Dream Team trophy for the Platinum, then back to grinding it out with my Crusader.
Adventure nose is your best bet. Also, having Hellfire Rings or 70lvl legendarys with high level reduction helps a lot. I had a 41lvl sword with 2.2k dps. Remember to use your paragon points too.

All in all choose one act to grind bountys in. Find a setup of bountys which are quick to complete and just grind them out. You can restart game few times to get the right boss rolled. As for example I always wanted the skeleton king bounty and not the spider queen as the run to the king was much shorter. As you gear up find a good difficulty to play at for the delicious exp bonus.

Find a good podcast or two and you're set. Dream team took me about 5 days to get and it was worth it. It's fun to be able play as any class whenever you feel like it. Go for it!

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Go on one of your level 70 toons and craft the highest tier ruby gem you can. Throw it in the stash and play your low level toon and craft/pickup a weapon with a socket and throw that baby on it. Now hack and slash your way through the game. Don't forget to turn up the difficulty for added exp bonus. I did that for my crusader and I think I did torment 1-2 all the way through he campaign. Off course I had on the hellfire ring/leoric signet (so did my follower) and a ruby on my helm for exp as well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Act 1 on Hardcore as a Crusader. Here's hoping I can last the next 4 acts/45 levels.
I'm nearing the end of Act V with mine! I bumped the difficulty up to Expert a while ago cause it's been TOO easy. No fun without a little risk.

Turn on Elective Mode in Options.

I had no clue that's what Elective Mode was about!

Recall

I feel my monk is useless unless I pop the mantra that doubles my damage for 3 seconds. Only level 35 but I think my skill loadout night not be helping.

slash3584

I'm playing Master difficulty with a level 62 DH with 50k attack and 400k defense, could I make the jump to Tempest I with these stats?

T2 Izual dropped Gauntlets of Akkhan

That goes straight to the salvage pile right?

:p

734 strength
663 vitality
99 resist all
10% crit chance

142 xp per kill, gold pickup increased 1 yard =/

I guess I should try and get some crit damage on them

Finally farming rifts on torment but I'm having a hard time.finding a witch doctor build.I really enjoy.

I have like 30% poison skill DMG.

My 2 handed weapon has 1700 fire dmg.

I'm just using poison skills.

I have 440k but don't feel that strong really.

We've been getting drops all morning but most suck. Are plans anything to get excited about or is not worth trying to craft. Every time I try I pretty much just waste.materials.

huh, i was tearing up t1 rifts at ~300k on a witchdoctor. i'd go with a one-hand + mojo over the two hander though.

skills i was using: acid cloud, piranhado, spirit walk, gargantuan, soul harvest, rain of toads.
passives: fetish sycophants, extra dog + health, vision quest and the cooldown bonus when enemy dies near you (forget name)

use the passive switch trick to get the dogs up at the start of a session, i find they rarely die so having summon equipped seems like a waste of a button. it did get a mask of jeram pretty early into it though so that probably helped.

Giddy up

Replaced the vit with +44 percent crit damage........up to 733k dps lol

NO WAY

Helm of Akkhan from Kadala

Based RNG

And now the helm has 6% crit and a white gem

807k dps :eek:

faer0n

Anyone get the Shard of Hate sword yet? Is it a myth? Just need to know it exist.

yes they are real. i found two of them. one was ok, the other not so much. i used the one i didn't destroy on my wd, but the aoe of the orange text is really small and not really usefull.

if u want one with a socket and int an u are on the One maybe we can trade? got any wd stuff?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I've got my Demon Hunter DPS up to 800k. My defense is around 6mil. My life stat reads 5000ish. Now, I can solo Torment 2 just fine but trying Torment 3 and I'm killed within two hits, LITERALLY. Is there some sort of weird difficulty spike between those two Torments or something? Also, my resist all is about 600-700 depending on the element in question.

I know Demon Hunters are notoriously squishy but there must be something I'm missing. Gaf, help a brother out.

darkwing

So I've got my Demon Hunter DPS up to 800k. My defense is around 6mil. My life stat reads 5000ish. Now, I can solo Torment 2 just fine but trying Torment 3 and I'm killed within two hits, LITERALLY. Is there some sort of weird difficulty spike between those two Torments or something? Also, my resist all is about 600-700 depending on the element in question.

I know Demon Hunters are notoriously squishy but there must be something I'm missing. Gaf, help a brother out.

what are your defensive skills?, my defense is only 3M, life 8k, dps is around 820k but I can solo T4 just fine, just remember you stop you die lol

Golgo 13

what are your defensive skills?, my defense is only 3M, life 8k, dps is around 820k but I can solo T4 just fine, just remember you stop you die lol

Defensive skills? Pretty much just Vault for mobility. I used to do Preparation with the Healing Rune but I've found it wasn't useful enough to justify a slot.

Sounds like my Life is just low, maybe I'll focus a bit on Vitality.

darkwing

Defensive skills? Pretty much just Vault for mobility. I used to do Preparation with the Healing Rune but I've found it wasn't useful enough to justify a slot.

Sounds like my Life is just low, maybe I'll focus a bit on Vitality.

how much is your Dexterity btw? and yup 5k for health is pretty low

Golgo 13

how much is your Dexterity btw? and yup 5k for health is pretty low
Dex is 8k. Vitality is about 3700ish. Pretty damn low.

Sounds like my armor stat is good, I'll just focus on health and defense for awhile. Also, do you use Cluster Arrow? I know lots of higher level DH swear by it but the cost/effectiveness ratio just doesn't seem to be there, even with Fire Runes and matching elemental bonuses.

Paganmoon

What's really tough is how suddenly you can hit a wall with the difficulty, been running Master on ActV for a bit, no problems at all, suddenly, bam, mobs take ages to kill and their damage output is insane, have to go down to expert, and after 10 minutes it feels like, I'm just blasting through everything again, just getting a slightly better weapon (lvl 67 atm).

Jabba

Banned

When you make your character, you'll be able to spend core points received from paragon levels. I just made a new monk and she has 67 core points to spend, before even getting started. Pretty cool, imo. It helped my Crusader with things a tiny bit.

I don't know if I phrased it wrong but this is what I mean't.

Happy hunting/looting Freezasuarus. :)

JJD

So I did 10 rift runs today, solo on torment 1 and only got 3 legendaries.

And 2 of those legendaries are the same ones I've been picking over and over again on the last 2 days. A fucking helmet and bracer I've already salvaged because they are useless to me. The other one was a marauder armor that I also already have. I still only have two parts of the marauder set SMH.

I don't know, if think I'll stop playing for awhile...maybe until the new patch hits.

The last time I saw a completely new legendary was around 4 days ago. The funny thing is, I'm still missing a LOT of stuff I want to grab. I haven't been playing for that long and frankly the game is beginning to feel bugged to me. I can understand the low drop rates but why the hell I keep getting the same stuff over and over again?

It feels like it will be a real chore to improve on my DH from now on. I'm around 2, 2.5 million DPS and no matter how many runs I do I can't get the equipment I need. I think I'll either quit for now or try another class. If I do a couple more rift runs and get the same damn helmet or bracers again I'm going to sell this game.

I feel my monk is useless unless I pop the mantra that doubles my damage for 3 seconds. Only level 35 but I think my skill loadout night not be helping.

Monk is great with the right build.

Try this
Tempest rush
Sweeping wind
Seven sided strike
Serenity (plus damage rune)

Use passives and runes that give you better spirit and spirit gen.

Then you pop sweeping wind and tempest rush, as soon as its off cool down pop serenity for decent AOE and also use seven sided strike for mega damage.

At 61 replace sweeping with with epiphany.

At 69 equip the last rune for epiphany.

Watch the world get kicked in the face as you tempest rush.

Its a really fun build that I used on pc. To maximise it you will want cool down reduction but don't worry to much about that till end game.

My ps4 monk got to 68 last night. On over 200k DPS already. Won't take long to get last 2 lvls.

darkwing

Dex is 8k. Vitality is about 3700ish. Pretty damn low.

Sounds like my armor stat is good, I'll just focus on health and defense for awhile. Also, do you use Cluster Arrow? I know lots of higher level DH swear by it but the cost/effectiveness ratio just doesn't seem to be there, even with Fire Runes and matching elemental bonuses.

Actually I'm using a Danetta build, vaulting is my weapon lol

Top Bottom