• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Had 2 RoRG drop today. Must be my lucky night.

Happy to trade the spare one (Str/life/ats) for Crusader gear:

Darklight
Hellskull
Breastplate/Helm/pauldrons/sabatons of Akkhan
Ouroboros

PS4: ruthlesbarbarian

If you still have it (I haven't read the rest of the thread), I'll trade you a darklight for it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
What are the purple bag drops that I can never pick any more up of?
It took me a while to figure that out as well. Yeah, those are blood shards. I think you can carry a maximum of 492 blood shards, so if you're Rifting a lot, don't forget to spend them on Kadala for a chance to get cool gear.

It took me a while to figure that out as well. Yeah, those are blood shards. I think you can carry a maximum of 492 blood shards, so if you're Rifting a lot, don't forget to spend them on Kadala for a chance to get cool gear.

The maximum Blood Shards that you can carry is 500.

Ran bounties today until I had 5 caches, then finally got a RoRG and it's socketed!

DiabloIIIScreenshot2014-09-0412-59-55.png~original

Omnicent

I'm running a lightning barb and I can't seem to get past T4. A nemesis shows up and I almost die instantly. I can clear T3 without dying to often besides those nasty packs with wall/freeze. What are some good sets of armor to sustain my barbs health? My DPS is a 1mill

Hmm, you probably need to get some more resistance. My barb is around 500k dps and I can do T6, but I have MoTE and enough cdr to spam leap again 0.7ish sec after my third leap ends (feels good when you have 6+ quakes going at the same time).

You will probably want to work on getting MoTE (Might of the Earth).

I can toss you one of my 2 SoH's since that should help you out (unless you are already running OS + TF).

You can try adding diamonds into your sockets, defensive passive (Rampage is pretty good for damage and mitigation).

Something that helps is a Skull of Resonance. It charms enemies when you use threatening shout, lasts the duration of TS, and works on elites. I got one from yesterday, but I'm going to need to save it for my Lightning WW build. That + the healing globe rune on TS + the healing globe on crit rune for battle rage = you will have a lot of healing.

Can also try some of the crafted sets (Augs give you damage reduction which will definatly help you). Also try to find a good Eye of Etlich and String of Ears. Getting both can give you 30% melee (the belt) and ranged (the amulet) damage reduction.

You will just have to mix and match gear and skills to you reach a good point. With all my cdr I have near permant CoTA with the 50% damage reduction rune.

You can add me if you are on PSN since I need more Barbs on my friends list, PSN: GAF_Omnicent

Trigonx

Anyone on HC mode on PS4 got a nice emerald they could spare, at lvl 54 and found a Thunderfury with a socket but no good emerald. My psn is: Trigonx

Question:

Say I have +% fire skill damage, and use shield bash with crumble rune.

Does the rune make the skill benefit entirely from +% fire, or just the rune's effect?

It's always been a bit of a hassle to fully grasp mechanics in this game.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The inability to pick up any shards if it would result in going over 500 is a known bug. If you have 450 shards and that item on the ground has 51, the game will not let the 1 remaining shard vanish or stay on the ground.

I'd just port to town, get a few shitty amulets, then come right back to get it.

ZenaxPure

Does anyone else that has played both the PC an console versions feel the "smart loot" system is overly generous on the console?

Not really, this is just the culmination of every buff to the PC version being here from the start. The exact same thing happened to everyone playing seasons on the PC. The season is only about a week old and there are people already doing Torment 6 no problem.

Just speaking from a personal level, I have 47 hours played on my seasonal barbarian right now. I am 2 gear pieces away from having the exact gear I want to make my build work (not the best versions of that gear, but, the exact pieces to make the build possible). It took me hundreds of hours to reach this same spot when RoS first came out and I needed LESS total pieces to make that build work.

They've just made tons and tons of adjustments since then.

Pretty much, every barbarian build except Leapquake caps out around T4/T5 until 2.1. Reality is you just aren't going to be able to dish out the damage you need with a lightning WW build. A single tick of 3 earthquakes does more damage than WW is going to do over 5 or 10 seconds, even with lightning proc weapons.

Does anyone else that has played both the PC an console versions feel the "smart loot" system is overly generous on the console?

I basically caught up to my 300+ paragon Demon Hunter in no time. Thinking it was just great RNG, I've gotten a pretty solid (T3-ish) barb and WD in just a few nights as well.

Obviously room to improve gear, but it seemed odd all three developed around the same timeframe.

It's been the same for me but I think it's a good balance. I really like being able to level each class and gear them in a time frame that's still fun. Grinding is still there for people who want perfect stats and to do T6. The curve between T3 and 6 is pretty insane so there is a lot left (if the cheaters are ever dealt with or leave, hoping Destiny helps with this).

Got my Monk's DPS up to 244k but haven't been able to get ahold of the equipment that I think I need to really push it higher. I do like my survivability though-- I love to use the dash to quickly get into and out of trouble.

Xtyle

I hate this game. Did a rift T5 and got a set item drop. I picked it up and shortly had to go so I turned off the PS4. Turns out it never saved the item...

hydruxo

I hate this game. Did a rift T5 and got a set item drop. I picked it up and shortly had to go so I turned off the PS4. Turns out it never saved the item...

I don't understand why they didn't just include a save option. Really sucks when stuff like that happens.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Hmm, you probably need to get some more resistance. My barb is around 500k dps and I can do T6, but I have MoTE and enough cdr to spam leap again 0.7ish sec after my third leap ends (feels good when you have 6+ quakes going at the same time).

I can toss you one of my 2 SoH's since that should help you out (unless you are already running OS + TF).

You can try adding diamonds into your sockets, defensive passive (Rampage is pretty good for damage and mitigation).

Something that helps is a Skull of Resonance. It charms enemies when you use threatening shout, lasts the duration of TS, and works on elites. I got one from yesterday, but I'm going to need to save it for my Lightning WW build. That + the healing globe rune on TS + the healing globe on crit rune for battle rage = you will have a lot of healing.

Can also try some of the crafted sets (Augs give you damage reduction which will definatly help you). Also try to find a good Eye of Etlich and String of Ears. Getting both can give you 30% melee (the belt) and ranged (the amulet) damage reduction.

You will just have to mix and match gear and skills to you reach a good point. With all my cdr I have near permant CoTA with the 50% damage reduction rune.

You can add me if you are on PSN since I need more Barbs on my friends list, PSN: GAF_Omnicent

Pretty much, every barbarian build except Leapquake caps out around T4/T5 until 2.1. Reality is you just aren't going to be able to dish out the damage you need with a lightning WW build. A single tick of 3 earthquakes does more damage than WW is going to do over 5 or 10 seconds, even with lightning proc weapons.

Thanks for the advice. When I first started my barb, I had that leap/quake build in mind after seeing so many people run it. I even have some of the armor pieces already but once Kadala dropped both Thunderfury and Fulminator in the same spending session, I decided to have a little fun. I kinda realized that this build would not be upper torment viable after doing some mixing and matching with set pieces. It seems only leap builds are upper torment viable which makes me sad :(

ZenaxPure

Thanks for the advice. When I first started my barb, I had that leap/quake build in mind after seeing so many people run it. I even have some of the armor pieces already but once Kadala dropped both Thunderfury and Fulminator in the same spending session, I decided to have a little fun. I kinda realized that this build would not be upper torment viable after doing some mixing and matching with set pieces. It seems only leap builds are upper torment viable which makes me sad :(

Well if you wait it out things are a lotttttt better in 2.1, just a lot more builds that are T6 capable thanks to how strong legendary gems are. There has even been a classic vanilla style WW build come back and do extremely well (like GR 35 well) which has personally made me really happy since I enjoy how the build works on a mechanical level.

That said, leapquake is actually a lot of fun once you find one you like. There are a lot of viable variations on the build which gives you some room to tailor it to your own playstyle.

Omnicent

In 2.1 WW goes as high as GRift 35 and lightning at least 31

If you are doing T6 then you can roll WW in 2.1 and even some GRifts. Something to look foward to. Also in the twitch stream they did mention that they want to add item support for skills to bring things to par for characters. I still hold hope for WW legendary item support (Bliz PLS! I want to make a Barb named Tryndamere.)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
FotF just dropped for me! Time for the Holy shotgun build. How should I enchant it? Removing the fire damage brings the DPS way down, so should I just remove the CD for a socket?

Hmmm I would probably try to make up the 6% CDR somewhere else and reroll that. That can turn into a socket, right? CDR is pretty important to the build but I don't think you need 100% uptime for your buff. What's your CDR at right now? If not CDR, then vitality. That's a lot of vitality to lose, but you only need so much (assuming you have enough regen).

ZenaxPure

If you are doing T6 then you can roll WW in 2.1 and even some GRifts. Something to look foward to. Also in the twitch stream they did mention that they want to add item support for skills to bring things to par for characters. I still hold hope for WW legendary item support (Bliz PLS! I want to make a Barb named Tryndamere.)

In the original 2.1 datamining there was an item affix that made WW reflect all projectiles back to the user. Didn't end up making it into the game, but, honestly I think I am glad. It's a neat idea, but, it wouldn't really make WW itself stronger. Only way I'd want to see it return is if it was on a rarely used equipment piece like shoulders or pants.

I'm honestly not sure what WW needs really. That legendary gem has given it new life for the physical runes which is great but it obviously leaves the other elements behind.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Question for someone who played the PC version: does this one make it really easy to completely skip the dialogue? Like a button press that gets you out of it? Truly the worst part about the game.

I'm kind of confused at what's happening with my character. I'm a level 49 paragon Crusader and my character just won't get any new gear or anything. I can rush through master difficulty fine, but torment 1 I can hardly chip any health off the basic enemies and feel like a drag on the team because everyone is easily beating the enemies but me.

Do the stats not go up every time you level up as a paragon? I've been dumping my paragon stats into what I feel is important. I guess just give it time and go to torment 1 to get the better loot and weapon design drops?

HORRORSHØW

soloed t6 rift with a monk. slower than with my crusader. need to get more efficient. and does anyone has the matching piece to the slanderer?

BwuKDpOCMAAhHyG.jpg:large

Holy shotgun build is ready. Still need to make a few improvements like a better Hellskull, a Helm of Akkhan with higher CHC and a better amulet, but it's good for now.

I have 52% cooldown reduction and 51% holy damage.

Top Bottom