• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kikolool

Banned
Gaf I need some advice on my Crusader.

I currently do not own Fate of the Fell and only two pieces of Akkhans so the Holy Shotgun build is way to wrath intensive.

Can you suggest me a good build for farming T1/T2 until my gear gets better. I played around a bit but could not find a good farming build. Either Dmg output is too low or the build needs some special gear. Looking more for a good allround thing here..

Paragon 42.

Cheers!

Adventure nose is your best bet. Also, having Hellfire Rings or 70lvl legendarys with high level reduction helps a lot. I had a 41lvl sword with 2.2k dps. Remember to use your paragon points too.

All in all choose one act to grind bountys in. Find a setup of bountys which are quick to complete and just grind them out. You can restart game few times to get the right boss rolled. As for example I always wanted the skeleton king bounty and not the spider queen as the run to the king was much shorter. As you gear up find a good difficulty to play at for the delicious exp bonus.

Find a good podcast or two and you're set. Dream team took me about 5 days to get and it was worth it. It's fun to be able play as any class whenever you feel like it. Go for it!

Go on one of your level 70 toons and craft the highest tier ruby gem you can. Throw it in the stash and play your low level toon and craft/pickup a weapon with a socket and throw that baby on it. Now hack and slash your way through the game. Don't forget to turn up the difficulty for added exp bonus. I did that for my crusader and I think I did torment 1-2 all the way through he campaign. Off course I had on the hellfire ring/leoric signet (so did my follower) and a ruby on my helm for exp as well.

Thanks

Atkison04

The special effects are color coded, but the runes don't seem to be. For example, the Intensify rune is red, but the description says it deals Arcane damage. I have no idea how the colors for the runes are chosen. lol

And yes, Arcane effects are purple. That's how you know it's the best element.

That's a pretty good run. Now that I've finally hit 70 and am happy with my build, I can finally start focusing on collecting gear to properly accentuate it.

P.S. If you've got a spouse to go with those kids, you really need to persuade them to start playing with you.

I appreciate all of your posts Serversurfer. I feel like I'm heading more in the right direction after heeding yours and some of the other members posts over the last couple days. Looking forward to digging back in again tonight. I hit lvl 69 last night, so I'm just gonna continue to get to lvl 70 and try to get in at least 5 bounties a night until I get a good amount of rift keys (and then go try some of those).

I do have a wonderful spouse, as she doesn't complain about me getting some game time in during the evenings/weekends. She'll play some Mario 3d world and Mario kart with me, but I think Diablo is a bit much for her to want to get into. I've offered to pick her up another controller (getting the white dualshock to go with Destiny anyway), so maybe I'll "make" her join me for some couch co-op at some point :)

Daigoro

Just did a rift that was HUGE! The guardian spawned at the beginning of level 2, but we killed him and kept going. The first 2 levels were average sized, but the third floor was so big that the edges don't fit on the screen when zoomed all the way out. It took forever to visit every part of it. Got some green plans, a green ring, and a few legendaries out of it. Nothing amazing though. I thought it was fun.

yeah, i have to wonder what people mean when they say that you need to clear a rift in 10-15 minutes in order for it to be worth it for farming.

some of these rifts are insanely huge. i had one like you describe the other day, got the boss early and then had like 4 levels of HUGE maps to clear before the end. that took quite a long time. i see no way to clear some of these rifts in 10-15 minutes unless you are just beating the boss and quitting. some of the single maps themselves can take 10-15 just to clear the fog off of.

ZenaxPure

yeah, i have to wonder what people mean when they say that you need to clear a rift in 10-15 minutes in order for it to be worth it for farming.

When people talk about clearing a rift in under 15 minutes they are talking specifically about killing the rift guardian and closing then going into the next rift.

Pretty much no one fully explores rifts since the blood shard change (which was obviously in the UEE from the start). It's more efficient to just get your blood shards and then get into the next rift asap.

The reasoning behind this is because to move up torment ranks you are going to target specific pieces which means Kadala is the most important way to upgrade gear. The more difficulties you go up the more specific the piece you need (until the ultimate point where you are spending all of your shards on one single piece because you have nothing else you want). In the long term look of things fully exploring a rift is going to slow down your gearing process dramatically as you are at the whim of RNG. Especially when you reach Torment 5/6 where it is easy to get get 500 shards per hour.

some of these rifts are insanely huge. i had one like you describe the other day, got the boss early and then had like 4 levels of HUGE maps to clear before the end. that took quite a long time. i see no way to clear some of these rifts in 10-15 minutes unless you are just beating the boss and quitting. some of the single maps themselves can take 10-15 just to clear the fog off of.

Its also hardly ever the boss that gives the good loot anyway. I always clear every rift.

Audioboxer

Once I get my Crusader back up to 70 and kitted out I'll definitely be trying a monk next.

Unfortunately legendaries haven't been as kind to me this time around :( Level 44 just now. A few legendary plans dropped, but not for my character. One for a level 22 monk though, for a weapon, so I guess that will help on my monk playthrough :)

I know some might have seen it as daft to import my PS3 save and lose my 70 crusader but he had none of the set pieces of armour, and the white wings look great on him :p That plus having a DH already at 60 helps for the future platinum.

When people talk about clearing a rift in under 15 minutes they are talking specifically about killing the rift guardian and closing then going into the next rift.

Pretty much no one fully explores rifts since the blood shard change (which was obviously in the UEE from the start). It's more efficient to just get your blood shards and then get into the next rift asap.

The reasoning behind this is because to move up torment ranks you are going to target specific pieces which means Kadala is the most important way to upgrade gear. The more difficulties you go up the more specific the piece you need (until the ultimate point where you are spending all of your shards on one single piece because you have nothing else you want). In the long term look of things fully exploring a rift is going to slow down your gearing process dramatically as you are at the whim of RNG. Especially when you reach Torment 5/6 where it is easy to get get 500 shards per hour.

That all just sounds like zero fun to me. I pretty much play solo. I like to slaughter things and find loot. Kadala is something I do with blood shards because I have them but I don't like the idea of basing my game round it.

I like finding a build I find fun and finding gear to help that build. To many people seem to get obsessed with building specific build others have put up online and hunt for exact gear. But I always kinda just want to find my own set up. Sure it want be as powerful but who cares. Its not a. Competitive game.

Its not unrealistic to be able to get to T4 solo runs without putting in an ungodly amount of time if your time is limited like me.

But people have different ideas about what's fun in these games.

hydruxo

The bounty for the spider queen in Act 1 is the absolute worst just for how annoying it is to find the right paths to get to her. All I know is you have to get to the two bridges, but each area has like 3 or 4 pathways or dead ends and most of the time you end up running around not finding it for way too long.

On another note, got my WD up to level 44 and I'm liking it so far but I don't feel as...powerful as I did with the crusader. I guess that has to do with the fact that I'm making it a pet build too, but I never feel like I'm demolishing enemies like I did with the Crusader. Looking forward to getting Piranhas / Bogadile though!

The bounty for the spider queen in Act 1 is the absolute worst just for how annoying it is to find the right paths to get to her. All I know is you have to get to the two bridges, but each area has like 3 or 4 pathways or dead ends and most of the time you end up running around not finding it for way too long

I feel your pain!

Thankfully last few times I've done it the map layout has been roughly the same so where I run ...

First try!

Its not unrealistic to be able to get to T4 solo runs without putting in an ungodly amount of time if your time is limited like me.

I've put in maybe 3 evenings since hitting 70 and currently doing T3 solo runs, I've still not really looked in to my build properly and might be able to increase my DPS but it's working fine so far. I think as long as I'm enjoying it I will continue to play it, have a feeling I will get the Platinum on this game.

Daigoro

The bounty for the spider queen in Act 1 is the absolute worst just for how annoying it is to find the right paths to get to her. All I know is you have to get to the two bridges, but each area has like 3 or 4 pathways or dead ends and most of the time you end up running around not finding it for way too long.

it is, i get lost there every time.

thanks for explaining this to me. i didnt realize that Kadala was this importing for improving gear. i figured drops were at least as important if not more so.

that chick never gives me squat! but yeah, must... get... more... shards!

I've put in maybe 3 evenings since hitting 70 and currently doing T3 solo runs, I've still not really looked in to my build properly and might be able to increase my DPS but it's working fine so far. I think as long as I'm enjoying it I will continue to play it, have a feeling I will get the Platinum on this game.

Plat is perfectly possible. Lvl up 5 normals do 4 through bounties alone then a 6th hardcore. That alone will get you almost everything.

ZenaxPure

But people have different ideas about what's fun in these games.

It's not like the game is changing or anything, closing a rift and then going into another one is still keeping the pace of killing extremely high. And regardless of what build you are going for, a top tier one or not, Kadala is still a better way to get items for it.

But anyway that is beside the point, the reality is in a game with so many difficulties only a few builds rise to the very top AND most people playing the game want to reach those difficulties. People wouldn't ask for build advice every other post if this wasn't the case. Without relying on Kadala you are going to hit a wall that takes a long time to overcome. I speak of this from personal experience. The drop rate of set items used to be way lower on the PC version and you could not get them from Kadala. Obtaining the 3 pieces of my Earthquake set took me quite literally around 300 hours, yes, about 100 hours of playing for each piece.

Most people never made it that far in the PC version. They got burned out way before that because they felt like they were making no progress on their character. You just get bored at some point pretty much. It almost happened to me as well, I was playing a lot less in those last couple of weeks before I finished my set.

must... get... more... shards!

Pretty much, Kadala is the only way to target most legendaries and you will be spending a lot of shards to get those items. I have personally spent 130k shards total (not including my seasonal shards which has already reached 10k). Basically my point is... you are going to be spending a shit load of shards to get all the items you want (without using console save cheats I guess). Just before I logged off a few minutes ago I actually spent 500 shards on chest armor and got 0 legendaries... It's just a thing you get used to.

Drops are still an important part of the game, but, it's just all RNG, you never know what you are going to get. It's mostly just like I said, the higher you go up in difficulties the more you are going to want specific pieces of gear, which Kadala allows you to get since you can gamble for any slot.

quest

Not Banned from OT
it is, i get lost there every time.

thanks for explaining this to me. i didnt realize that Kadala was this importing for improving gear. i figured drops were at least as important if not more so.

that chick never gives me squat! but yeah, must... get... more... shards!

Welcome to the club I spent probably 50k shards and got nothing I consider good. Best thing is a hellskull that needs replacement since no HF damage and cooldown sucks at 6%. All my Akkan gear came from drops not Kadala. The next good item I get from her will be the first.

KeRaSh

Quick question about the Apprentice Mode:

Does the boost for the lower level characters also work in a local coop session?
What are the exact requirements for it to kick in?
I started a couch coop playthrough with 3 friends and I want to continue playing without them but only if they can still effectively play with me the next time they come over.

iso135

Its also hardly ever the boss that gives the good loot anyway. I always clear every rift.

Last night my friend and I defeated the boss of a rift in about 10 minutes. We teleported to town to unload our drops, and then went straight back to the rift. It took another 20 minutes or so to clear the rest of the rift in which time I received four legendaries and a legendary plan. This was on a T3 rift.

I am playing a Wizard, currently sitting at 290k dps on the number sheet thingy, I have just been doing bounties with the odd rift here and there but I haven't seen a decent upgrade for about 6 hours now. Most of the stuff i'm finding looks exactly the same as what I am already wearing or maybe adds 500dps at best.

I don't want to waste time enchanting crap gear to get good ability affixes just yet either.

I am playing on Torment difficulty, and really most of the gear is just showing a slight armor boost rather than any useful stats for a wizard.

Basically do I just keep on farming at this point? with negligable dps number upgrades coming I feel a wee bit stuck sitting on Torment just now, maybe I should just give it some more time but anything other than legendary drops seem totally useless.

hydruxo

I am playing a Wizard, currently sitting at 290k dps on the number sheet thingy, I have just been doing bounties with the odd rift here and there but I haven't seen a decent upgrade for about 6 hours now. Most of the stuff i'm finding looks exactly the same as what I am already wearing or maybe adds 500dps at best.

I don't want to waste time enchanting crap gear to get good ability affixes just yet either.

I am playing on Torment difficulty, and really most of the gear is just showing a slight armor boost rather than any useful stats for a wizard.

Basically do I just keep on farming at this point? with negligable dps number upgrades coming I feel a wee bit stuck sitting on Torment just now, maybe I should just give it some more time but anything other than legendary drops seem totally useless.

I'm at paragon 74 on my Crusader and I haven't gotten an upgrade in two or three days (granted I haven't played as much this week as I have been before, but still 2 hrs or so). That's what sucks about RNG though, some days you'll get nothing worthwhile and others you'll get multiple legendaries / set pieces in one rift. It just depends. All you can do is keep farming if you want to get your DPS up. Eventually you will get better gear.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Do more rifts and sort out the bolded.

Do you have any set plans like Born's Command, Aughild's Authority, Captain Crimson's Trimmings or Cain's Destiny?

Rizzi

10648284_10152707342536797_5743352431175653385_o.jpg
Not really what I was expecting from a bow.

I just hit 70 with my crusader what should I concentrate my stats on? Strength and vitality?

You can reset paragon points anytime without penalty.

Right now, you should focus the paragon points on movement speed (combined with equipment you should have 25%), cooldown reduction (if you plan on using Akarat Champion), all res and critical hit chance or critical hit damage.

Ok cool and what about the stats on the gear?

Critical hit damage, critical hit chance, strength, cooldown reduction, all res, armor, vitality.

For example, in the gloves - Critical hit damage, critical hit chance, cooldown reduction and strength. In the chest - strength, armor and vitality.

Night Elve

Neo Member
I don't know if this is only happening to me but every time I try to find people to play this game online I get this:

0 public games open

Now the odd thing is I can perfectly join friend's games or they can join mine, but I can't find any public game open.

Does this happens to someone else also?

This is playing Diablo on PS4.

Xtyle

Anyone got a spare Fate of Fell? I got one finally drop in rift but it rolled pretty low weapon damage (2400k. 2700k after gemming and enchant). The build i am working on depends on using this particular weapon. Also if anyone got akkhan set to share i would appreciate it (i have helm, glove, boots). I have been getting dups drop but no other slots:(

PSN name: Nyc-playa

TehPabz

You can reset paragon points anytime without penalty.

Right now, you should focus the paragon points on movement speed (combined with equipment you should have 25%), cooldown reduction (if you plan on using Akarat Champion), all res and critical hit chance or critical hit damage.

Critical hit damage, critical hit chance, strength, cooldown reduction, all res, armor, vitality.

For example, in the gloves - Critical hit damage, critical hit chance, cooldown reduction and strength. In the chest - strength, armor and vitality.
Sweet thanks a lot for explaining it.

shiv_

Any PS4 players out there have a Ring of Royal Grandeur w/ Strength on it for trade?

I have some awesome lvl 70 WD/Barb items for trade:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/raekors-wraps
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-triumph
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-boulder-breaker
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/helltooth-tunic
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/uhkapian-serpent

Also a bunch of other legendary items and weapons with good rolls on them, depends on what you're looking for but you could have 2-3 items. Including a good dmg Maximus, and some good 2400 dps 1 handers like Fulminator.

I just can't farm for this GD ring anymore... RNG owns me.

Send me a PM if you are interested, we can sync up thru there!

biezel

I've been lazy about switching about my skills for awhile, finally checked them out yesterday and bumped my DPS to 600k just switching out something useless for Finery. Cruising through T1 now. Still have a few pieces of gear I need to optimize, and haven't gotten a single set piece yet. Been spending blood shards looking for a shield upgrade, but no legendaries yet.

d1rtn4p

Is there a guide to how crafting works in the game? I had a couple of questions:

- Is the stuff you can craft actually better than the stuff you find?

- I upgraded the blacksmith up to the point where he requires a potion to upgrade. I can't seem to find it anywhere...

StUnNeR H2K

So how many of you playing D3 are going to be playing Destiny next week?

I have a feeling D3 is going to be like a ghost town after Tuesday next week. I don't plan to completely abandon it, especially since Blizzard has planned to continue with patch support, but I'm curious to see how many of my friends are still playing next week should I decide to pop it in for a bit and give Destiny a break.

Also XBOX One GT: StUnNeR H2K, and currently been running Torment IV (Paragon 130) on my Demon Hunter. Can probably move up to Torment V, but I've been playing with some friends that are newer to the game that I've been leveling up with.

well, shit. I set down the controller during a cutscene to answer the phone and came back to find my hardcore character dead. I'd just made it to Act IV, too.

Top Bottom