• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Omnicent

Thanks for helping me level my monk to 70. Did you have a mic? I sent you a party invite but you didn't accept it.

No mic yet. Been meaning to stop by the store, but it's a bit out of the way when I leave work. Should be able to pick one up tomorrow though. I got the invite but when i joined last night I was already with you and Ballis. Maybe I'm just missing something lol. Guess next time i'll just go and accept them anyway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Will do. I generally avoid joining solo players because it feels like I'm invading haha.

Ha, I understand the feeling, but if I leave a game open for friends to join, then friends can join. If I want to solo, then I set the game as "invite only" :)

No mic yet. Been meaning to stop by the store, but it's a bit out of the way when I leave work. Should be able to pick one up tomorrow though. I got the invite but when i joined last night I was already with you and Ballis. Maybe I'm just missing something lol. Guess next time i'll just go and accept them anyway.

The invite wasn't for joining the game, but for party chat.

biezel

Would you guys recommend the PS4 version to someone who has already beaten the PC version and got bored of it? My friend wants me to get this but I've already played the PC version 2 years ago so I'm hesitant.

Ps4 doesn't have seasons right? Are there any other differences other than the field of view? Are there less mobs than PC?

I played through the story at launch, barb to 50, then got bored. I'm having an absolute blast playing a crusader and it is a totally different game.

Had 2 RoRG drop today. Must be my lucky night.

Happy to trade the spare one (Str/life/ats) for Crusader gear:

Darklight
Hellskull
Breastplate/Helm/pauldrons/sabatons of Akkhan
Ouroboros

I also have these to trade:

Bul-kathos wedding band
Kredes flame
Leorics signet
Puzzle ring
Band of hollow whispers
Jekanbord
Lidless wall
Covens criterion
Saffron wrap
Blackthorns notched belt
Gladiator gauntlets
Broken crown
Nemesis bracers
Azurewrath
Faithful memory (emerald socket)
Sever
Sky splitter

PS4: ruthlesbarbarian

Atkison04

I forget the name of the offhand but I can craft one for you. Spellsteal on Black Hole grants you 3% damage for 10s with every enemy hit by BH. Which is why I setup massive groups and kite to form a legion of enemies to cast black hole to maximize Spellsteal. I typically get 15-20 stack of Spellsteal so that's a 45-60% damage boost for 10s.

Wormhole on Teleport allows you to teleport again for free within 3s of casting your first Teleport. It's like a double jump :D

PM me your PSN name and I'll craft some things tonight. My wiz isn't my main but I am looking to gear her to at least T4/5 solo so I can run 6 with friends.

Thanks for the additional info! PM sent!

hunchback

I feel like I'm playing wrong. I have a level 22 Barb and I'm still on Act I. It seems like everyone is blowing through the game and on to Adventure mode. I turned the difficulty down to normal hoping to speed things up but that hasn't helped. Should I skip the optional dungeons and just stick with the main quest objectives?
I have 2 class specific questions I was hoping someone might help with. At level 22 what are the best skill's to run with? I looked on Battle.net but I couldn't understand a word they were saying. This is my first time playing. My last question is what is a great One handed weapon for a Barb at level 22. Thank you for any info you might provide.

Xbox One GT: DblTap

Omnicent

The invite wasn't for joining the game, but for party chat.

ohhh, I see. Well don't have a mic at the moment, but I'll see if I can pick one up tonight assuming traffic isn't bad after work (and if they have any stock left).

Oh, is there a spreadsheet? My name is on the list that was made in another thread. Regardless, PSN is Tigerheli.

If you mean the Diablo 3: UEE friend list thread, that list is not in the OP anymore. it was removed. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874529

I feel like I'm playing wrong. I have a level 22 Barb and I'm still on Act I. It seems like everyone is blowing through the game and on to Adventure mode. I turned the difficulty down to normal hoping to speed things up but that hasn't helped. Should I skip the optional dungeons and just stick with the main quest objectives?
I have 2 class specific questions I was hoping someone might help with. At level 22 what are the best skill's to run with? I looked on Battle.net but I couldn't understand a word they were saying. This is my first time playing. My last question is what is a great One handed weapon for a Barb at level 22. Thank you for any info you might provide.

As long as you are having fun you arnt playing wrong. Until the end game don't worry to much about perfect skill set up. Just experiment with different skulls.

Don't worry about normal, stick it on expert. Get a lot more exp then. I went through story skipping side dungeons as I had done it on Oct before. On expert I finished act v at lvl 60. But if your having fun exploring go for it.

Trigonx

I don't know if i'm just getting super lucky on HC mode, but almost every main boss is dropping 1-2 legendary for me. It is making my HC grind to 70 so much easier, already lvl 49 and almost done with act 5.

Only playing on hard as I want to get the platinum.

You can play on a higher difficulty to gain more XP and better chances at getting good gear.

I'm playing at a Barbarian on HC, Level 27 right now. I like to use Leap to get in the middle of a bunch of mobs, then use Rend a couple times. Use Frenzy a couple of times to get more Fury, then Rend some more. Use Shout if you have it, and Revenge for some quick heals. It's pretty fun.

Xtyle

I had been looking for the RoRG ring...

I've had it for a few days now. FML.

the one I have has life on hit and life per sec and no damage stats...pretty bad ring outside of using it to get my akkhan 4 set bonus. It's far worst than my other rings otherwise.

Afrocious

Got this game and the expansion yesterday since I had friends who've been playing since day one.

Man...this game is so fun. I wasn't fond of either Torchlight games long enough to continue playing them. Perhaps it's because I'm with friends, but the game is addictive with my wizard getting stronger at a fast pace. I love seeing my stats grow over time and the rate in which I get my powers doesn't let up. The game is fast yet there's so much to cover.

It's obvious I never played Diablo 1 or 2, but damn this game is fun. There's also a bit of roleplay I'm doing too. My female wizard's named Azula because of her voice actor and I'm trying to prioritize fire. I'm at level 20. I don't know how to optimize my fire damage output. Regardless of roleplay, can a Wizard spec into fire competently? I feel fire is weak so far despite my fun.

Daigoro

whooooo! found RORG and my second Danetta bow in one room! (i did clear all 5 acts and a right before i got the Dantetta though) awesome morning.

Danetta's with Tumble and automatic Rattling Roll is INSANE. i didnt realize RR came as a bonus. its mental.

stats for RoRG are:
445 Dex
451 Vit
%5 AS
1970 Life per hit

so i guess i need to reroll for a socket? (reroll for these rings is expensive!)

im guessing Life per hit is the stat i should be rerolling here?

oh also, do i need at least 2 items of a set equipped for RoRG to work its magic? looks like it doesnt do anything with just one piece equipped.

Having a rough go of it as a Crusader, Level 31 I believe.
Anyone feel like adding me and tossing me some decent scraps they arent using

Xbox One: gameongreggy83

I could use some stuff with strength and Exp.

I have a legendary sword now doing 90 dmg plus like 100 strength.
DPS is still only 1021

I'd appreciate the help and thank you in advance.

:)

Got this game and the expansion yesterday since I had friends who've been playing since day one.

Man...this game is so fun. I wasn't fond of either Torchlight games long enough to continue playing them. Perhaps it's because I'm with friends, but the game is addictive with my wizard getting stronger at a fast pace. I love seeing my stats grow over time and the rate in which I get my powers doesn't let up. The game is fast yet there's so much to cover.

It's obvious I never played Diablo 1 or 2, but damn this game is fun. There's also a bit of roleplay I'm doing too. My female wizard's named Azula because of her voice actor and I'm trying to prioritize fire. I'm at level 20. I don't know how to optimize my fire damage output. Regardless of roleplay, can a Wizard spec into fire competently? I feel fire is weak so far despite my fun.

My Wizard is a fire build and it's a ton of fun to play. You're still too early to make a good fire build; that'll come at Level 70. But basically, look for the following stats for your gear: Intelligence, Crit chance, crit damage, + x% to fire skill damage. Then go for Vitality and Resistance to all.

Good weapons for a fire build would be a Mirrorball (off hand source that gives you extra missiles with Magic Missile) and Serpent Seeker (gives you a 2nd hydra, perfect if you run Hydra). When you're level 70, look into getting Tal Rasha or Firebird set armors.

My fire build uses these skills:

-Active skill (Rune)-
Magic Missile (Conflagrate)
Meteor (Molten Impact)
Black Hole (Event Horizon for defensive purposes, Blazar for pure fire)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)

Passives: Glass Cannon, Illusionist, Conflagrate or Arcane Dynamo, and Evocation

With Arcane Dynamo, I can get 80-85 million damage crits with Meteor :D

I appreciate all of your posts Serversurfer. I feel like I'm heading more in the right direction after heeding yours and some of the other members posts over the last couple days. Looking forward to digging back in again tonight. I hit lvl 69 last night, so I'm just gonna continue to get to lvl 70 and try to get in at least 5 bounties a night until I get a good amount of rift keys (and then go try some of those).

I do have a wonderful spouse, as she doesn't complain about me getting some game time in during the evenings/weekends. She'll play some Mario 3d world and Mario kart with me, but I think Diablo is a bit much for her to want to get into. I've offered to pick her up another controller (getting the white dualshock to go with Destiny anyway), so maybe I'll "make" her join me for some couch co-op at some point :)
It shouldn't be terribly hard to get her in to it. She'll just need a little guidance from you to get her started. I'd start her with a melee class, so her job needn't be any more complicated than, "push towards; hold X," for a while. Give her a couple of self-centered AoE attacks, and she can get a feel for using them when she gets in trouble or feels like kicking extra ass. From there, she should be able to start getting a feel for how the game really plays, and you'll be there to answer her questions as they arise.

If you haven't already, feel free to add me and weetziestarr on PSN. :)

Keep in mind its impossible to spray a group of mobs in "0.3" seconds as he states and slow them since disintegrate ticks 3 times per second at base channeling speed. You only slow when damage strikes, so he is essentially slowing only a small line of enemies in 0.3s of spray with a single tick. You can get GREAT gear to hit 6 or 7 ticks per second by now you are hitting breakpoints and AP limits.
Eh? Sorry, but do you have a link for that? Everything I've read says channeling ticks at 60-100 Hz; whatever the game clock runs at. AP regen happens a lot faster than 3 Hz, to be sure. Also, what gear will alter the tick rate of channeling? I've never seen such an affix. Are you sure you're not confusing tick rate with attack speed? They're related, but not equivalent.

More to the point, if I see a cluster of 6-8 mobs, and I sweep Disintegrate briefly across them, it certainly slows them all. Sometimes I need to sweep back and forth a bit just to make sure I didn't miss any, but that's why I said 0.3s instead of 0.1s. No, I didn't use a stopwatch.

Hydras are fun until you hit a rift with lots of corners, lots of small rooms, lots of line of sight. You can't kite a crap ton of mobs around your hydra to maximize effect. You'll be redropping him wasting AP constantly.
Sure, hydras are probably less effectively in narrow, twisty passages, but those same conditions tend to make disintegrate even more effective. But yes, if you've been stuck in a broom closet for 20 minutes, you might consider slotting another spell until you manage to find your way out.

Also, I never try to kite mobs in circles around my hydra. That seems like kind of a pointless waste of time, and runs counter to the entire concept of a hydra. I don't summon a hydra so I can run around like a fool for 15s while some sessile AI tries to fight for me instead. I summon the hyrda to assist me with the activities I'd normally be performing; I fight just like I always do, and the hydra helps me out by damaging and slowing everything I haven't had a chance to get to yet. Hell, they keep fighting even if I get frozen or knocked back.

Hydras aren't a replacement for attacking. They're a supplement to attacking. It's nearly-free damage, in addition to all of the damage you normally do. TF-hydras give you that, plus beaucoup CC.

Event Horizon is cool but at higher torments (I run T3, getting to 4) you will be dragged around the screen by mobs that teleport so sucking walls can't happen on a cooldown every time. Use Spellsteal and Teleport instead of Hydras.
Sorry, I'm playing Elite, so I guess I haven't encountered such attacks yet. I'm not entirely sure what you're describing though. You're saying that at higher difficulties, elites have a move that somehow breaks Event Horizon, but all other spells continue to work normally? That seems a bit unfair. I hope they fix that before I reach Torment.

Lock onto a target at the front center of a pack and KEEP LOCKED ON HIM. Now give a quick burst of Dis to slow the center line down. Enemies will funnel around the slowed enemy. Now pop BH with Spellsteal when you have the locked target in the center of a pack. You should be able to get 15-20 stack easily of Spellsteal. That's 45-60% DMG increase for 10s. Easier to pull off on higher torments due to mob density. Now you have 15-20 mobs CCd and a huge damage boost, start picking off the flanking sides and go to town.
Why not use disintegrate to slow the entire pack? Why just the line in the middle? And again, TF-hydras are excellent at dealing with flanking nuisances. I can plant a hydra to deal with those nuisance mobs, while I deal with the main threat personally. 1s and 15AP buys me 15s of not having to worry about much of anything but the boss. Your plan is to use a 2s CC move on the primary threat to hopefully keep him busy long enough for you to deal with the nuisance mobs, but maybe instead get yourself surrounded by them just as the boss is recovering. I'm sure your plan is great, but mine works pretty well for me. Maybe I'm just a noob though, and don't realize how terrible it really is. =/

You won't need a signature spell for AP regen. I can easily handle 125-150 kill streak before I go OOM. Use teleport defensively. If you can craft a decent offhand you can reroll to allow teleport to Wormhole automatically AND still keep a rune on it for double the fun.
Honestly, I think we just have different play-styles. I'm more focused on trying to manage the flow of the battle itself, and your strategy seems to be more along the lines of, "Fuck that shit; just spray damage as fast as you can." I'm not saying your play-style isn't valid. I'm not even saying mine is better. I'm just saying I have a lot of fun playing my way; I generally feel in control of everything that's going on around me, and we hardly ever die.

I'd go with a hydra build with Serpent wand and Mirro. Then its fire all the way for dropping 2 hydras and 3mm spread.
I thought hydras sucked? Now you want two? =/

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
I'm running a lightning barb and I can't seem to get past T4. A nemesis shows up and I almost die instantly. I can clear T3 without dying to often besides those nasty packs with wall/freeze. What are some good sets of armor to sustain my barbs health? My DPS is a 1mill

TRios Zen

Playing DH now and until about lvl 65, felt really underpowered compared to my team (Wizard, Monk, Crusader). Seemed like between them they'd get all the kills while I ran around trying not to die.

Post that I've gotten my DPS up to 840K and with a high crit chance am decimating mobs. Still in a prolonged battle think the squishiness of the DH puts them at a distinct disadvantage, but definitely having more fun with the class now. Have hit paragon lvl 25 or so, but thinking about maybe leveling up a Witch Doctor as that is a class I haven't touched at all yet.

Does anyone else that has played both the PC an console versions feel the "smart loot" system is overly generous on the console?

I basically caught up to my 300+ paragon Demon Hunter in no time. Thinking it was just great RNG, I've gotten a pretty solid (T3-ish) barb and WD in just a few nights as well.

Obviously room to improve gear, but it seemed odd all three developed around the same timeframe.

HunRevan

I just bought Diablo III and I am new to this game. Can anyone suggest me a good class for beginners? Im just sitting here in the login screen and I have no idea what to choose.

Edit: Bought it on Xbox One

I just bought Diablo III and I am new to this game. Can anyone suggest me a good class for beginners? Im just sitting here in the login screen and I have no idea what to choose.

Do you want to play a melee class or a ranged class? You can't go wrong with any class. Just pick one that suits your preferred fighting style.

Top Bottom