• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Flunkie

Banned
I haven't checked the thread if its been mentioned but for those that don't know. Go to your battlenet account on PC then go to account settings. If you look on the right you can link your accounts for PSN/XBLIVE.

You're supposed to get a legendary ring for this on release.

Thanks for the heads up.

So I haven't played any of D3 yet and have been looking around at classes. Thinking if either a WD or DH and searching anything is useless. Any good summation of overall strength of classes with the patch release on console?
From what I've gathered (I haven't actually played any version of the game yet...);

Demon Hunter> Witch Doctor> Crusader> Barbarian> Wizard> Monk

Edit: Er, might have DH and WD switched, not sure. Either way, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

There is no "best class" or "noob friendly" class. You can't go wrong with any of them. Best thing to do is to try them all and decide which one suits your play style best.

Returners

How does apprentice mode work? Can I still power level another character at the same time?

Does the lower level character still gain XP and levels?

Preloading. First time!

Checking the Info menu on the game, it seems its only downloading 16 GB total. yet the size is 29GB.

EDIT: Nvm just read the DF article on the matter. seems 16 GB checks out.

Taz

So I haven't played any of D3 yet and have been looking around at classes. Thinking if either a WD or DH and searching anything is useless. Any good summation of overall strength of classes with the patch release on console?

From the PC side of things from 2.06 and 2.1

DH has the most dps but requires their full 6 part set and very rare gloves but this puts them top tier.

WD the easiest class to get to higher torments in my opinion using just yellow items and the mask of jerem Torment 2-4 is doable, once get get geared up Torment 6 is quite easy to farm.

Crusaders Mixed ranged/melee very gear dependent but good mid tier class few Torment 6 builds

Wizards in 2.06 are bottom tier Torment 6 is doable but it requires a lot of gear ,but in 2.1 they are toptier because of firebird set, so they are on for the future

Barbarians 2.06 top tier with leap/earthquake build and Furious Charge set build but in 2.1 they become low mid tier either way Torment 6 is on farm

Monks 2.06 low bottom tier Torment 6 is a struggle but in 2.1 they are still bottom tier but they get a Torment 6 build with Monkey kings set.

bebop242

I don't understand this preloading deal. I had checked off to download automatically when it was available and left it in standby mode. Just turned it on and got the pop ups saying its been added to my downloads which I checked and they are just starting to download. I thought if you left it on standby it would have downloaded them automatically?

Nokterian

I am thinking to buy the US version because cheaper. Have spend a lot of hours on pc so would be cool to spend a lot of time with my PS4 brothers and sisters to slay in Adventure Mode.

ZenaxPure

Monks 2.06 low bottom tier Torment 6 is a struggle

This really isn't true, ignoring shatter monk for a second (because of how hard it is to get all the items) raiment does not struggle with Torment 6 at all. It's annoying to play but the damage is extremely good, you one shot every non-bulky white mob as long as you crit and elite packs melt pretty fast as well. If you can get your hands on a harrington it makes it even more jokesy, your strikes will crit for around 300 mil.

People really need to lay off the ranking stuff, the only thing anyone really needs to know is that you can take whatever class you want to T6 once you get the gear for it. No one "struggles" with it in the best gear.

OmegaDL50

I don't think EU will have preloading for this game at all.

Unless the EU PS Store uses different adverts then the US Store.

This what I see when I browse it

JBXTCsK.jpg

Pop

Tuesday needs to hurry up

I see preloading has started. Hopefully with my PS4 on standby at home, it will download.

OmegaDL50

Cool. Would it be normal to roll one class for main game and then start the expansion as crusader?

Sorta want to try two classes without going through the main game twice.

It's not a separate episode but rather expansion to the main game. Much like how Lord of Destruction was for D2, it's just makes main story have 5 acts instead of 4. After completing Act 4 you immediately go into Act 5. Reaper of Souls isn't a standalone add-on.

fernoca

You don't have PS+?

I read the updates in this thread, turned on my PS4 a few minutes ago, and the download was already done.
Like with some stuff, there's "ymmv" (your mileage may vary) kind of thing.

Mine has every option checked and nothing auto-downloads. Have Plus since day one and Vita and PS3 has no problems auto-turning on and downloading stuff (well on Vita you have to manually turn it on anyway :p).

For this and nearly every other PS4 "auto-download" I had to wake up the unit from standby to start the download.

Who knows if there's something else missing, maybe it needs to be on standby for 24 hours ...while I put it on standby only when something's coming like a game or an update.

forms

So, if I order this from the US PSN as an EU player, will my EU account receive any of the preorder stuff? Not that it matters much, especially since the EU purchase is way more expensive, but I am curious.

redhot_

Whats the most fun class between the monk and the crusader?

Even though people say monk is weak(its not you just actually have to pay attention to the game), i had a blast playing it on PC.

I thought Crusader had a slow start and didn't start getting interesting till way later in its levels.

Kyoufu

So, if I order this from the US PSN as an EU player, will my EU account receive any of the preorder stuff? Not that it matters much, especially since the EU purchase is way more expensive, but I am curious.

You get whatever pre-order bonuses that come with the game.

HORRORSHØW

I just canceled my Amazon preorder-- going to preload off the store once I get home. So, is torment 6 end game? I've only played the vanilla game on my Mac a long time ago so I'm sure this will be an entirely new experience.

ElRenoRaven

Nice saw the thread and logged in to see it installed and waiting for 2AM Tuesday morning. This should help pass the time till Destiny easily.

Grimløck;125829350 said:
I just canceled my Amazon preorder-- going to preload off the store once I get home. So, is torment 6 end game? I've only played the vanilla game on my Mac a long time ago so I'm sure this will be an entirely new experience.

Same here. I got burnt out after 150 hours and no good loot. AH and RMAH were still up at that time; I ended up buying my Sorceress gear off the AH since I never got anything good to drop. That, and the shitty story are why I swore off Diablo 3, but reading this thread is making the PS4 version really tempting. Loot 2.0 and the expansion seem like a lot of fun, but with Destiny coming next month, I don't have a strong reason to buy this.

I used a Crit Mass/Wicked Wind build in Vanilla. Is this build, or a variant of it viable nowadays? It was fun being a better tank than most other classes.

Nice saw the thread and logged in to see it installed and waiting for 2AM Tuesday morning. This should help pass the time till Destiny easily.

Yep! I'll be switching between this and Destiny throughout the rest of the year, with a little bit of Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition mixed in. Why can't I hold all this loot?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Cool. Would it be normal to roll one class for main game and then start the expansion as crusader?

Sorta want to try two classes without going through the main game twice.

Like had been said - Act V isn't standalone so you would need to play through it with the same character that went through act I-IV.

That being said when you beat the campaign with one character you'll unlock adventure mode (and by extension rifts) for all your characters which is not only far more enjoyable than the campaign, but faster leveling too. Just beat the game with one class and try out the next one once you have adventure mode unlocked.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I used a Crit Mass/Wicked Wind build in Vanilla. Is this build, or a variant of it viable nowadays? It was fun being a better tank than most other classes.
Critical Mass is gone. Totally gone.

My first experiment is going to see if having a Wizard using the Paralysis passive and means to maximize lightning attacks (such as with a Thunderfury weapon and Storm Chaser on WW) will give sufficient lockdown. If it doesn't, I'll be on the search for what does.

Critical Mass is gone. Totally gone.

My first experiment is going to see if having a Wizard using the Paralysis passive and means to maximize lightning attacks (such as with a Thunderfury weapon and Storm Chaser on WW) will give sufficient lockdown. If it doesn't, I'll be on the search for what does.

Aww.

David___

Banned
Just curious, is the loot scaling linear or exponential? Had no fun at all with BL 2 because gear would be outdated too quickly once you hit ~level 30.

Wizards in 2.06 are bottom tier Torment 6 is doable but it requires a lot of gear ,but in 2.1 they are toptier because of firebird set, so they are on for the future

What are they changing about the Firebird set that makes such a difference? I've been searching and haven't been able to find the info on it.

Top Bottom