• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

name of the ring?

EAHl9Ge.png

yamo

Pre-ordered just a moment ago. Auto download shows the downloadable files twice though, both game and addon! Ordered on a EU PSN account.

So, will I download the game and the pre-order bonus twice or what? Should I just un-check some of the boxes?

Juice

Quick question before I preorder:

I want to play with two other people simultaneously. Two people on one couch on a single PS4, another person on his own PS4 online.

This is possible, right? When I read that the game supports online and offline co-op, I worry that it's an either/or

I want to play with two other people simultaneously. Two people on one couch on a single PS4, another person on his own PS4 online.

This is possible, right? When I read that the game supports online and offline co-op, I worry that it's an either/or

No worries, I swear I've seen in a few interviews now them say that this is possible

You can do that, it can be done on PS3 already.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This might finally be the game that gets me to take my PS4 out of the box. Absolutely no chance I'm gonna miss this one.

And I guess that resolve is kinda surprising, because I've skipped Diablo III until now.

you get to 11 fairly quickly though and drop rates are higher this time

he'll find a better ring in no time

I don't even think rare rings drop until like level 17. This has five properties.

It's been a bit but I don't think you can even get five properties on a ring until ... 30+.

Bittercup

Pre-ordered just a moment ago. Auto download shows the downloadable files twice though, both game and addon! Ordered on a EU PSN account.

So, will I download the game and the pre-order bonus twice or what? Should I just un-check some of the boxes?
Two versions of the game seems correct. One has multiple language versions included the other one is maybe just the localized version. Not sure about that. Can you see the size of each download? The one that is 37.8GB has all languages.
But strange that the pre-order DLC is double as well. One download should be enough in both cases.

bender

What time is it?
On to Act III. Hard is definitely the way to go and even that seems a little on the easy side. Just hit 40 which seems like a faster progression than what I remember.

Drewfonse

We'll I just cancelled my disc version pre order on Amazon. Decided to get the digital version on PSN. I'd like to be able to immediately play it when I get home from work on Tuesday, and it's a game that I would be unlikely to resell, so....there it is.

Preloading now.

Hype?

Hype.

yamo

Two versions of the game seems correct. One has multiple language versions included the other one is maybe just the localized version. Not sure about that. Can you see the size of each download? The one that is 37.8GB has all languages.
But strange that the pre-order DLC is double as well. One download should be enough in both cases.

Unfortunately I can't see any size (that i'm aware of). The title of both files is identical as well.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately I can't see any size (that i'm aware of). The title of both files is identical as well.

On mine theres two with one them having (English) in brackets beside the title. So I deleted the other one and kept that. This is on UK PSN. You can see the sizes in your download queue, on the website at least.

Drewfonse

Is one of them the update file? I'm in the US, and I have one file that immediately DLed, which is the update, and then the full game. The names are identical.

gruenel

Who wants to buy from the EU store anyway? The game is € 69,99 on there. Its fucking ridiculous.

Make a US account and order from the US store for $59,99 :)

Nah, not interested in splitting my purchases up into multiple accounts and it's against the ToS. I don't care about a few bucks.

I read somewhere there were 2 files, one in the 20GB and the other within 30GB. Which file is the English version?

Apparently both. The 38GB version has a few other European languages included.

I was wondering where the 28GB file was at. Is this normal?
It's normal. If you were downloading Diablo 3 after release it would let you play it (or at least some of it) after that 5.4GB was down downloading. The rest of the download still happens in the background. You can check its status by clicking options then information on the game icon.

yamo

Who wants to buy from the EU store anyway? The game is € 69,99 on there. Its fucking ridiculous.

Make a US account and order from the US store for $59,99 :)

Yeah it's fucking stupid, paying extra for digital. Bought it anyway but I will pray that bad things will happen to whomever came up with that idea.

I though about ordering on my US account (only for demos etc), but in the end I want all games on the same account.

yamo

On mine theres two with one them having (English) in brackets beside the title. So I deleted the other one and kept that. This is on UK PSN. You can see the sizes in your download queue, on the website at least.

Could see the size on the website, thanks!

Badgerst3

Can you play as a crusader from the start of the original game or only the expansion?

Also- can I roll demon hunter for the main game and then start the expansion as a crusader or would that be pointless?

gcubed

So I haven't played any of D3 yet and have been looking around at classes. Thinking if either a WD or DH and searching anything is useless. Any good summation of overall strength of classes with the patch release on console?

fernoca

Like most PS4 games it downloads a small portion first (so you can start playing, but since this is a pre-load you can't)...it then continues downloading the rest in the background.

Top Bottom