• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kyoufu

I'm still not 100% sure which class I'll play on Tuesday.

I love Barbarian on PC so I'm tempted by Crusader because it's another melee class which I'll most likely enjoy.

But Demon Hunter, Wizard and Witch Doctor are tempting me too because ranged classes with a controller should be pretty fun.

Help me out GAF.

drotahorror

Will the digital PS4 version still get the last of us Rift and enemies?

Thinkin of cancelling amazon and just goin digital for this.

drotahorror

Thanks it just wasn't mentioned in the overview on PSN.

Bah may be too late amazon already charged me and they're preparing for shipment.

Nvm, they already sent me an email saying everything is cancelled.

I love Barbarian on PC so I'm tempted by Crusader because it's another melee class which I'll most likely enjoy.

But Demon Hunter, Wizard and Witch Doctor are tempting me too because ranged classes with a controller should be pretty fun.

Help me out GAF.

I thought we were gonna be #twinsies

Female Crusaders?!

Kyoufu

I thought we were gonna be #twinsies

Female Crusaders?!

I don't know. :(

I'll probably go with that but the other classes are trying to seduce me.

Sadly First Light/Destiny are not that far away so I probably won't be able to play more than one class properly.

Curufinwe

Help me out GAF.

I liked DH the most on 360. So did my wife.

Dat rapid fire.

MrMuscle

Male Crusader checking in! I really love that class. I have 3 lvl 70 males and 1 lvl 70 female Crusader on the PC and cant WAIT to try my hand at the PS4 version.

quest

Not Banned from OT
What are they changing about the Firebird set that makes such a difference? I've been searching and haven't been able to find the info on it.

The 6 piece bonus was the huge change. If I remember right it was 300% damage to near by enemies after a kill. Now it can do 3000% weapon damage per second as a dot that will last till the mob is dead if you do 9000% weapon damage. There are a couple of bugs with it and other wizard skills that over right it improperly but it is very powerful especially in rifts.

demonkaze

Me and my brother are local co-oping this game like we did with the vanilla release however we have a bit of a dilemma. I have a Wizard at 60 and my brother has a Barbarian however we're both interested in playing a Crusader. Would it be stupid both of us playing a crusader on our first playthrough of UEE?

quest

Not Banned from OT

Help me out GAF.

I would do either WD, Crusader or Wizard(if patient enough waiting on 2.1.0). I say those classes because they have the most builds that are T6 viable. As of now DH is completely dependent on the M6 style. I probably would lean WD since both builds Pet and Jade are so different so won't get bored as easy.

MrMuscle

Me and my brother are local co-oping this game like we did with the vanilla release however we have a bit of a dilemma. I have a Wizard at 60 and my brother has a Barbarian however we're both interested in playing a Crusader. Would it be stupid both of us playing a crusader on our first playthrough of UEE?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I understand that there is trading in the console versions. So you will both get Crusader drops and can swap and trade stuff with each other as you go.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Not at all make easier to gear up since doubles chance at crusader gear.

After watching the female crusader video I have to go with her. I maxed a wizard and dabbled in all the others after release of vanilla D3 and dabbled on ps3 as well.

I can't wait to check out all the new stuff like Act V and the rifts and such. This is gonna be epic! :)

Drewfonse

Can someone answer a question for me?

I've beaten the game once on the 360. I'm really looking forward to a more in depth play this time on my PS4. One thing that confuses me though is the motivation to keep playing for hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of hours. Whenever I replay games, I replay them in order to beat them on a harder difficulty. That, in and of itself, is the reward.

Clearly this is isn't the case with this game. It seems like the loot is the main draw. And then there's Adventure mode, which seems like it has a lot of appeal to most people.

So it's not just jumping back in on harder difficulties with your beefed up character that is the motivation? What's the point in outfitting yourself with high end equipment then?

Been playing and streaming it this weekend on my pa4 and enjoying it a lot! First diablo game ever, level 11 now. See you all in the dungeons this tuesday!

OmegaDL50

Can someone answer a question for me?

I've beaten the game once on the 360. I'm really looking forward to a more in depth play this time on my PS4. One thing that confuses me though is the motivation to keep playing for hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of hours. Whenever I replay games, I replay them in order to beat them on a harder difficulty. That, in and of itself, is the reward.

Clearly this is isn't the case with this game. It seems like the loot is the main draw. And then there's Adventure mode, which seems like it has a lot of appeal to most people.

So it's not just jumping back in on harder difficulties with your beefed up character that is the motivation? What's the point in outfitting yourself with high end equipment then?

The higher difficulties are the point. Working up to Torment VI (the highest difficulty tier) and being able to survive is challenge in of itself.

Unlike D3 on PS3/360 which difficulty was you simply running through Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno story modes over and over. By the time you got 60 midway through Nightmare, it was pointless because by then you should be running Inferno. Which is why they did away with all of this.

When D3 v2.0 patch came out they completely revised the difficulty mechanics and altered the Paragon leveling system.

Getting to 70 by playing the story segment game is easy enough with a few Adventure Mode runs afterwards. This can be considered basically a tutorial for endgame when you need to find the right gear, increase your Paragon Levels (Levels beyond the 70 cap) and be appropriately fitted to handle Torment levels of difficulty.

Normal, Hard, Expert and Master you probably gradually change between you feel the challenge isn't enough when playing the game.

Torment 1 through 6 is when things get interesting.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

ZenaxPure

What's the point in outfitting yourself with high end equipment then?

short answer: because the game is fun

long answer: It's the same general idea here to what you were saying. You get gear so you can do higher difficulties. It's not possible to just jump into Torment 6 the moment you start playing the game, you have to work up the difficulties by getting new gear. Eventually you'll have enough to do T1, then T2, then T3, and so on. It's possible to get really good luck and get a bunch of gear quickly that lets you skip to max, but that probably won't happen to most people.

As for why people keep playing at that point, I mean, it's just because the game is fun. The combat is really great and it generally only gets more fun the better gear you have (because you unlock new ways to play the class). Even when you hit the highest difficulty and have the exact set of items you want (which is time consuming on its own) you can still optimize by getting better versions of those items (which can still make a big difference to your killing speed). I spent like a couple of hundred hours just trying to replace one weapon on my barbarian with one that had the exact stats I wanted (which was extremely difficult in this case).

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
How does loot in coop work? Does everyone gets his own loot? Can I pick up everything on the screen without worrying that my partner doesn't get his share?

So excited for this game, first Diablo game and Tuesday cannot come soon enough! Got this, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare and inFamous First Light all within the next week and this is definitely my most anticipated!

Mr.Sword

You don't have PS+?

I read the updates in this thread, turned on my PS4 a few minutes ago, and the download was already done.

Yes I do have PS+ and I have always had that problem..

Is there a certain option that I need to trigger auto-downloading while in standby mode? It's weird most of the times download starts when I turn it on only

- Aside from the power-saving one, that works for regular updates but not system updates or game pre-loads -

RdN

Hype is getting very strong here.. I still don't know what class I'll play. I've only played once through Diablo 3, and it was with a mage..

I'm torn between the Demon Hunter and the Cruzader right now.

antitrop

Wow, I just got hyped for this literally out of nowhere. I played Diablo III on PC at launch, but not Reaper of Souls.

For some reason, I really want to pick this up on Tuesday... I've heard the game is actually more fun to play on a controller?

ZenaxPure

Thanks!

Edit:
Reach level 70 in Hardcore mode.

Fuck this noise.

Nah, that's very easy as long as you just play on normal, don't worry about it. Honestly my only reaction to that entire achievement list is: Wow, that might be one of the easiest lists I've ever seen. Really easy platinum/1000 points right there to be honest.

antitrop

Hype is getting very strong here.. I still don't know what class I'll play. I've only played once through Diablo 3, and it was with a mage..

I'm torn between the Demon Hunter and the Cruzader right now.

Yup, I played through as a Wizard on PC.

Think I'll pick this up on PS4 and play as a Demon Hunter.

Wow, I just got hyped for this literally out of nowhere. I played Diablo III on PC at launch, but not Reaper of Souls.

For some reason, I really want to pick this up on Tuesday... I've heard the game is actually more fun to play on a controller?
I liked it more with my DS3. My mains were Barb and Wiz. Fun either way tho.

gruenel

Literally the same thing for me. Played for tons of hours at launch. Now I'm hyped and got it digitally on psn.

Same here! Can't wait to try RoS since everybody seems to love it. I already liked vanilla D3 so I can see myself wasting hundreds of hours on the PS4 version, especially with Remote Play being a thing :)

Killer

Banned
Nah, that's very easy as long as you just play on normal, don't worry about it. Honestly my only reaction to that entire achievement list is: Wow, that might be one of the easiest lists I've ever seen. Really easy platinum/1000 points right there to be honest.

But one mistake and you are fucked :(. might give it a shot.

Top Bottom