• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BondFancy

Any tips for someone who has never played Diablo before? I've played lots of Borderlands and Phantasy Star Universe, if that helps at all lol!

npa189

Preload is done, now it just sits there, taunting me. I just want something really meaty to play on a next gen system. It needs to be Tuesday.

drotahorror

Same here! Can't wait to try RoS since everybody seems to love it. I already liked vanilla D3 so I can see myself wasting hundreds of hours on the PS4 version, especially with Remote Play being a thing :)

I think I quit D3 first week of june. Me and my friends got burnt out and only me and another had got to Diablo in Inferno (this is all prenerf of course). We couldn't kill Diablo and was getting tired of playing so we quit.

antitrop

I think I quit D3 first week of june. Me and my friends got burnt out and only me and another had got to Diablo in Inferno (this is all prenerf of course). We couldn't kill Diablo and was getting tired of playing so we quit.
I got up to Act 3 Inferno and gave up by the beginning of July 2012.

ZenaxPure

But one mistake and you are fucked :(. might give it a shot.

You have to try REALLY hard to fuck up on normal, I'm talking like going away for like 10 minutes without bothering to pause the game, enemies barely do any damage on normal.

Also most of the classes get a cheat death passive at some point (I think the witch doctor one unlocks the earliest). Any time you take a hit that would kill you something happens that stops that and protects you for a few seconds, 1 minute cooldown.

Reaching max level in hardcore is very, very easy. The challenging part is balancing what difficulty you can handle at max level (which obviously is a moot point since there isn't an achievement for that).

I wish i could get D3 and Reaper of souls for my new gaming rig for the price of this on console. They are both still £33 on BNet.

I could get it for my PS4 but id rather play it on PC.

Kyoufu

RoS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla

You guys are in for a treat.

The problem with RoS (on PC) was the lack of trading which made obtaining those final upgrades very frustrating, so I stopped playing.

With trading and also item gifting in the console version I can see myself getting all the good stuff for the builds I want to play. Can't wait :)

anddo0

WTF @ the "Dream Team" and "Above & Beyond (Hardcore)" trophies. I mean they're doable, but so many hours.

RoS trophy list while simple, is way more grindy than vanilla D3.

Mr.Sword

RoS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla

You guys are in for a treat.

The problem with RoS (on PC) was the lack of trading which made obtaining those final upgrades very frustrating, so I stopped playing.

With trading and also item gifting in the console version I can see myself getting all the good stuff for the builds I want to play. Can't wait :)

I played the PC game in 2012 for a month or two and dropped it because of frustrating things, like the % loot drops, and the real money AH..

However, I have heard VERY positive things about the game now, can't wait to try it with my friends on PS4

BokehKing

Banned
i've been messing around with the PC version this past weekend, not the expansion, just getting my feet with in anticipation for tuesday.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be crusaders (myself included)
But I can't wait to explore all the new features added to this game and of course my first legendary

Welp

BvRcxbZCEAAQSfg.jpg:large

Witch Doctor ftw!

anddo0

i've been messing around with the PC version this past weekend, not the expansion, just getting my feet with in anticipation for tuesday.

But I can't wait to explore all the new features added to this game and of course my first legendary

I have level 60 P16 Monk, and a level 58 Wiz.
I think the first character I running with is the Wiz to get over the level 60 hump.

Curufinwe

WTF @ the "Dream Team" and "Above & Beyond (Hardcore)" trophies. I mean they're doable, but so many hours.

Yup. It's another game where I'm not even thinking about getting the platinum.

Of course, most people haven't played RoS yet so naturally they'd want to try out the brand spanking new class that's also supposedly really good for Torment runs.

bidguy

Banned
Any tips for someone who has never played Diablo before? I've played lots of Borderlands and Phantasy Star Universe, if that helps at all lol!

you dont need any tips if you played those games

its all self explanatory and pretty easy until you hit end game content

anddo0

Yup. It's another game where I'm not even thinking about getting the platinum.

But the plat in D3 was so easy.. Amassing 5 million gold was probably the most time consuming trophy. I had to look on YT for the best cash run routes.

I mean, we could always save scum the level 70 hardcore character. But what happens if you die after gaining like 20 levels, and don't have the chance to backup your save. Also, sticking to low difficulty with a hardcore isn't time efficient. I believe once people start upping the difficulty to gain levels faster that's when the real test of patience begins.

With "Dream team" that's just a matter of how much time you're willing to put into the game. It will most likely be the last trophy people get.

you dont need any tips if you played those games

its all self explanatory and pretty easy until you hit end game content

Diablo III on PS3 was my first ever Diablo experience and loved it. I jump straight into it and got the hang of things pretty quickly, then I started to dabble in end-game stuff and experimenting with different builds and armor sets for stats.

ZenaxPure

Actually for anyone curious about dream team, it's very very simple to get. If you have friends to power level you getting a max level character takes like maybe an hour. But...

If you want to go at it alone it's still doable you just need to wait awhile. Paragon levels are account wide now, which means even a level 1 character will have every point to spend any of your max level guys have. If you're plvl 200+ (which is easy, first couple hundred of levels fly by really fast) your level 1 characters will basically be immune to damage for a while (as you will have 250 all resist, which is like 99% damage reduction at level 1). On top of that reduced level requirement is very easy to get on gear now that you can reroll pieces. You can get a legendary weapon on your level 70 guy and then reroll a secondary on it to -30 level required which lets you start using level 70 gear at level 40. A level 70 weapon alone will let you do T1 with relative ease, going the extra mile to have a full set of level 70 gear will allow you to go even higher. Not to mention leveling in adventure mode is wayyyyy faster than story mode.

I only leveled 1 new character from scratch in RoS (a second barbarian) and it only took me about 4 hours to get from level 1 to 70, entirely on my own without anyone power leveling me. I only had to drop the difficulty below T1 when I hit the 30ish range as my paragon levels couldn't carry me anymore. Once I reached all my level reduced gear it was back to like T4 (which is like a 800% xp bonus).

It is very easy to cheat the system if you prepare for it. Even easier if you have friends to carry you on Torment 6 (which is 1600% increased xp).

Drewfonse

At the risk of continuing to sound like an infant in my posts, can someone please tell me what "end of game content" means? Thanks..

theytookourjobz

At the risk of continuing to sound like an infant in my posts, can someone please tell me what "end of game content" means? Thanks..

After you hit max level(70) the real loot starts to drop and the real game begins. At that point it's all about increasing the difficulty and getting better loot to be able to do so.

Killer

Banned
You have to try REALLY hard to fuck up on normal, I'm talking like going away for like 10 minutes without bothering to pause the game, enemies barely do any damage on normal.

Also most of the classes get a cheat death passive at some point (I think the witch doctor one unlocks the earliest). Any time you take a hit that would kill you something happens that stops that and protects you for a few seconds, 1 minute cooldown.

Reaching max level in hardcore is very, very easy. The challenging part is balancing what difficulty you can handle at max level (which obviously is a moot point since there isn't an achievement for that).

That's assuring. I'll probably jump on normal hardcore in my first playthrough. thanks for the explanation :).
I think if you upload your save to the cloud or to a USB stick you can reload the save and still have your character intact.
Oh wow didn't know about this. kinda cheating :p.

btkadams

Is this game available or something? How are people downloading it from the store already?

Edit: oops forgot about pre-loading.

Top Bottom