• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Picked up a Shard of Hate and a couple pieces of IK set last week and been running T5 without a problem with my Lightning Barb. Pretty sure my build is T6 viable but haven't played in a couple of days.

Sucked it up and decided to buy RoS for the PC. Just waiting on Amazon to ship now.

Finished on Expert Level 66 DH, went to Adventure mode on master and got decimated instantly lol, anybody got any good builds for a Monk?

I find it really hard since Im used to range and now since I have to go in for the kill my llifebar goes downs almost imediatly.
Serenity is necessary for monks. Use it when you need to get up close in a dangerous fight.

Finally got my Tasker and theo! it only took my every bloodshard i could get from paragon lvl 1 to 124. Now i need to start working on that Pet dmg helm. Wish me luck

dralla

With Crusader isn't it going to be the case 2 handers will always outdamage one handers? Or is it when you get the right one hand/shield combo they become viable? Just had darklight drop in a rift for me, and enchanted a socket on it.... (my darklight might just be crap rolls as well)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/gavdeeimages/DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140913162529.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What kind of armor do you have? You have double my damage and triple my armor, I'm paragon level 63. I know my armor is bad, it's mostly basic stuff with gems. I don't get good legendary drops and the special armor sets I can make aren't strength based.

I do have a pretty sick one handed sword though though, does about 2,400 damage and has an attack speed bonus, plus fervor rune, and a couple other attack speed bonuses from armor.., it's better than any of the two handed weapons I have, and it looks cool and has nice properties. I prefer the one handed weapons for their speed.

With Crusader isn't it going to be the case 2 handers will always outdamage one handers? Or is it when you get the right one hand/shield combo they become viable? Just had darklight drop in a rift for me, and enchanted a socket on it.... (my darklight might just be crap rolls as well)

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140913162529.jpg
Sometimes I prefer the 1h weapons because they have a higher attack speed and can get more hits in. Helps with wrath regeneration when you play this way.

Audioboxer

What kind of armor do you have? You have double my damage and triple my armor, I'm paragon level 63. I know my armor is bad, it's mostly basic stuff with gems. I don't get good legendary drops and the special armor sets I can make aren't strength based.

I do have a pretty sick one handed sword though though, does about 2,400 damage and has an attack speed bonus, plus fervor rune, and a couple other attack speed bonuses from armor.., it's better than any of the two handed weapons I have, and it looks cool and has nice properties. I prefer the one handed weapons for their speed.

Here is an album of my whole equipment setup (I don't think PS4 owners can post webpage based links like on the PC?)

http://imgur.com/a/AtIaO

The reason the armour is so high is my shield block rate is like 40% (or 29% I don't know if the +11% is on top of the 29% or if that's including it), and I have the perk enabled that increases your armour based upon your shield block rate. I also have the 10% higher weapon damage perk that does the 1% healing on holy.

stn

@Audioboxer

That is one awesome looking character, man. I need to get to level 70 finally, seems like all the great loot is there.

Audioboxer

@Audioboxer

That is one awesome looking character, man. I need to get to level 70 finally, seems like all the great loot is there.

I've not applied any dye or anything like that either lol. Waiting till I get all the equipment I want before matching up some nice colours.

But yeah all the good loot is at 70. Some legendaries prior to 70 can still look great though. As can some of the green sets for lower level characters.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
My main class is my wizard at 770k dps.

2nd is crusader at level 70 at 200kdps (just got him)

The ring I want would be for the wizard. That's the one or been farming.

I have a monk and a witch doctor at 15 and a demon Hunter at 66.
I'm of the opinion that RORG is being overhyped in this specific thread.

My main wiz is 950K sheet (a tertiary fire wiz is probably higher if I moved all the top pieces to it), and my wife's crusader is 1100K. I also have a barb at 850K+. Nobody uses a RORG. I see the ring as being more useful / required for a crusader than a wizard at least, as many of the wizard class sets have bonuses at 2 or 4 and not 3. Crusader really wants to use Capt. Crimson with Akkan's, so that's where it becomes more necessary.

Of those three aforementioned characters, I'd want to use it for barb first, as I could have 3 piece Augilds and 3 piece Blackthornes and 3 piece IK all at once if I had a good ring to support it. My wiz has 2 piece each for Vyrs (gloves boots), Tals (amulet chest), and Firebird (shoulders pants), and never has had the Int RORG I possess equipped.

What is your intended use with the ring?

Damn it.

I have an extra Dex one. :/

I've still yet to get a good Dex one, though.

At least until such a time as one with a socket might be good (the 2.1-ish patch we're supposed to get).
I could enchant it to run off int instead of dex right? Or are there other attributes only linked to that class?

My main wiz is 950K sheet (a tertiary fire wiz is probably higher if I moved all the top pieces to it), and my wife's crusader is 1100K. I also have a barb at 850K+. Nobody uses a RORG. I see the ring as being more useful / required for a crusader than a wizard at least, as many of the wizard class sets have bonuses at 2 or 4 and not 3. Crusader really wants to use Capt. Crimson with Akkan's, so that's where it becomes more necessary.

Of those three aforementioned characters, I'd want to use it for barb first, as I could have 3 piece Augilds and 3 piece Blackthornes and 3 piece IK all at once if I had a good ring to support it. My wiz has 2 piece each for Vyrs (gloves boots), Tals (amulet chest), and Firebird (shoulders pants), and never has had the Int RORG I possess equipped.

I just want to get the perks of the various armour sets so I can get my dps and armour up enough to handle t3 and above.

I have a few aughilds items but that's about it so far.. Nothing too crazy.

cakely

So I took GAF's advice with my Mask of Jeram WD and dropped "fetish army" from my build and just went with "fetish sycophants" to create my fetishes. I'm running pirando and rain of toads to proc sycophants.

Works like a charm. After a decent fight I end up with ten fetishes that last 60 each. Torment 1 is melting now I think I'm ready for Torment 2.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I just want to get the perks of the various armour sets so I can get my dps and armour up enough to handle t3 and above.

I have a few aughilds items but that's about it so far.. Nothing too crazy.

Sure, but I mean, that's the point that I'm trying to figure out and ask of you. I don't see how lacking RORG prevents you from handling T3.

With a wiz you can equip two 2 set pairs and get +1000 INT just from that alone.

dralla

Here is an album of my whole equipment setup (I don't think PS4 owners can post webpage based links like on the PC?)

http://imgur.com/a/AtIaO

The reason the armour is so high is my shield block rate is like 40% (or 29% I don't know if the +11% is on top of the 29% or if that's including it), and I have the perk enabled that increases your armour based upon your shield block rate. I also have the 10% higher weapon damage perk that does the 1% healing on holy.

Interesting. I have about 1,100 more strength than you, yet I do 361K damage. I do prioritize abilities over standard attacks, I have a lot of buffs though.

--

I just ran some rifts and got two of those increase movement speed towers in a row (stacked), and had a bonus for breaking items, I've never seen the game move so fast, it was madness.

Audioboxer

Interesting. I have about 1,100 more strength than you, yet I do 361K damage. I do prioritize abilities over standard attacks, I have a lot of buffs though.

--

I just ran some rifts and got two of those increase movement speed towers in a row (stacked), and had a bonus for breaking items, I've never seen the game move so fast, it was madness.

Think it's statistically due to my high crit rate. A lot of my armour has %crit chance.

I got a roll on Kadala for the Akkhan gloves and helm, but they destroy my damage :/ What is soo good about this set anyway? It seems to be what every Crusader wants. I never really used the Akkhan power, the 90 second cooldown was too much. I guess with it being lowered that is what is attractive?

Think my damage is tanking with them due to me losing my crit chance %. Think I'll just stick with two pieces just now for the STR bonus and troop on. Maybe try and get Kadala to drop the flail and shield that allow unlimited spamming of the shield discs. Only way I can see me switching to a 1 hander, this 2 hander I have just now just wrecks face.

Laconic

Banned

My Barb is 498k, and absolutely demolishing T4, without a RoRG.

SoJ plus Unity plus MotE absolutely wrecks shit, coupled with a Cindercoat and Fire % Reapers Wraps.

Ogawa-san

I wouldn't try too hard to farm a RoRG right now. They hotfixed caches' legendary drop rates to about 50% in T2 and 100% in T6, that change should come with the patch for consoles.

Right now that chance is... not good. I can't even remember how many caches I opened before I got it on PC.

Pimpbaa

Goddamnit, I can't believe I totally forgot about vanishing dye in this game. For some reason I thought there was a hide helm option in the PC version but not in the console versions. So two level 70 characters and one half way there I remember about vanishing dye. For those new to the game, the dye lets you hide any piece of armor you have.

Laconic

Banned
Wow.

I can handle T4 just fine, but I get lit the fuck up, on T5.

I wonder what I need to be able to survive. What are the suggested defensive stats for it?

br3wnor

Finally getting back into this game on PS3 after beating ROS on PC when it came out. I'm level 28, should I be disenchanting all my blue+ gear that I'm no using or selling it? I was DEing at first but then realized I could get 150g a pop and I don't really plan on crafting for a while.

Audioboxer

Moving up to T2, trash is fine, elites are a bit tougher. Do I get more shards for rifts in T2? About to try my first rift.

Need a good amulet drop :( Still using a level 59 one lol.

Anyone still playing this instead of destiny please add me for gifts lol - Audioboxer

I tend to like playing solo, but sad seeing my mailbox empty all the time :'(

So is there any word on another xpack for this?

Don't think so but I really hope there is one. They've made great moves to improve end game since vanilla D3, but we need fresh content to keep us all going.

Picked this up for PS4, really glad I double dipped, loving it so far.

A friend told me there is some sort of 'legendary timer' where if you don't get a drop within a certain amount of time, your % to find one goes way up.

Is that true?

Noob question sometimes these purple things drop (rifts)looks like legendary drop but purple light beam and my crusader can't pick them up.Says I have no where to put that item and I have much free space so what are these and why can't I pick them up?

Noob question sometimes these purple things drop (rifts)looks like legendary drop but purple light beam and my crusader can't pick them up.Says I have no where to put that item and I have much free space so what are these and why can't I pick them up?

They're shards. You need to spend them at Kadala so you have room for more.

dralla

Moving up to T2, trash is fine, elites are a bit tougher. Do I get more shards for rifts in T2? About to try my first rift.

Need a good amulet drop :( Still using a level 59 one lol.

Anyone still playing this instead of destiny please add me for gifts lol - Audioboxer

I tend to like playing solo, but sad seeing my mailbox empty all the time :'(

Don't think so but I really hope there is one. They've made great moves to improve end game since vanilla D3, but we need fresh content to keep us all going.

I run T2 rifts, you can add me fellow Crusader bro. I'm in America. PSN = DirtyWorm

--

I just found a legendary Wildwood with a slot, aw yes. But holy shit, I went from 1.5 million to almost nothing crafting gems and I still need another 300K to make the final gem, ugh, this shit is so expensive.

ldcommando

Banned
Picked this up for PS4, really glad I double dipped, loving it so far.

A friend told me there is some sort of 'legendary timer' where if you don't get a drop within a certain amount of time, your % to find one goes way up.

Is that true?

It seems like it. I tried this strat where you do like 3 bounties and if no legendary drop on those you go straight to kadala and gamble until you get one. Got like 3 akkhan pieces doing this.

Laconic

Banned
Okay, so I was wrong.

The Last of Us being the motif of the first floor of the first time I tried a T5 rift kind of skewed the difficulty meter, lol.

I can do T6, with my Barb, now... it just takes 10 minutes, and I have to actually play aware of my clicks, enemies, and surroundings.

Talon

Destiny is not as bad as the reviews are making it out to be but yeah, this version of Diablo III is a better game.
The reviews are bad because the content is threadbare. I don't know how many times "There isn't that much to do" has been said in a myriad of ways.

Everyone seems pretty happy with the mechanics, which you'd expect since, you know, Bungie, but the disappointment is around the content and the sameyness.

hydruxo

The reviews are bad because the content is threadbare. I don't know how many times "There isn't that much to do" has been said in a myriad of ways.

Everyone seems pretty happy with the mechanics, which you'd expect since, you know, Bungie, but the disappointment is around the content and the sameyness.

Apparently people are already at level 30 and complaining that there's nothing left to do. I have no idea how Bungie will keep things going unless they rework the loot and do a rift like mode for it.

Those are two things that Blizzard really nailed with RoS.

Rizzi

I got distracted by the pc version of Diablo III. I really wish 2.1 was on consoles already, because fuck my wrist is killing me.

Top Bottom