• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Audioboxer

I've sent a few more friend requests from the last few pages. I'm curious how many Destiny players will come back to Diablo.

Currently leveling my Witch Doctor. Then onto Wizard to 70. I'll probably switch back to my maxed Monk on T2/3 after that.

Feel free to jump in my game. PSN Caduceus

ALL OF THEM.

Destiny

fb0.jpg

Oh wow, I've been playing this game so damn wrong. My Monk had big problems on Torment. She couldn't kill shit. So I am fucking around and I equip two legendary fist weapons which costs me 20K in DPS compared to my slow but powerful Daibo. What I didn't see what the health regen and health steal on both of em, and the electric damage too...

Couple equipment and skill swaps later, I am electrocuting the fuck out of everything. Lightning everywhere up in there. Mobs and champions that took me minutes to kill, melt in seconds now. And I barely can die. My health bar just zaps the hell up whenever I am hit.

I am feeling reborn.

Yeah I got lured away from dual wielding with my monk also, but Torment is starting to give me issues also. Think I'm going to head back to dual wielding soon.

So I just got back from a local Family Video, and they had a 'Buy it Now' sticker on this, for $20!! So I immediately picked this up. Amazing deal.

So..I am someone who has never played a game like Diablo before. Any tips for an extreme beginner who knows little to nothing about the game?

So I just got back from a local Family Video, and they had a 'Buy it Now' sticker on this, for $20!! So I immediately picked this up. Amazing deal.

So..I am someone who has never played a game like Diablo before. Any tips for an extreme beginner who knows little to nothing about the game?

I was new to Diablo as well when I bought this, so I can't offer too many tips since I am still sort of learning it (I beat the story).

I will say the game is easy to get into and understand - play around with different skills and find the combinations that work best for your play style.

And NEVER buy armor/weapons from vendors - you'll always get better drops by just exploring and doing the quests/

Does anyone have a Darklight for trade? It's the last thing I need for my fire / Fist of Heavens Crusader.

Also anyone that's still playing, feel free to add me, PSN: youngadultnovel.

stn

So, need some ideas. Got a level 43 Crusader, beat the game for the first time. Doing act 1 bounties and completed the act 1 rift on easy. What's the best way to increase my experience gain without making the game impossible? I have legendaries on me and my weapon does 220DMG. Thanks.

BigDug13

Diablo Ultimate Evil Edition and not just Diablo 3? $20 seems incredibly cheap so quickly.

carlsojo

Hey,

I've never played a Diablo game before, but the PS4 version of Diablo 3 has been intriguing me for some time. Just curious if anyone can give me some insight as to whether or not to check it out?

I've played Guild Wars and Torchlight before, which I imagine are similar (Torchlight especially) but I don't have much familiarity with the genre as a whole.

Also, I don't have internet at the moment, is the single player alone worth a full price tag?

Absolutely worth it, especially if you've never played Diablo before. I believe you can still do couch co-op as well without internet.

Whoever co-op'd a Rift with me last night thanks, you got me a silver trophy for doing the rift quickly I think it was.

Sorry I left in a hurry, it was way past my bed time for getting up for work. Wasn't actually planning to play any longer after a bit of shard gambling and then you joined :) But thanks!

By the way Kadala finally dropped Akkhan shoulders for me last night, but the rolled stats were BALLS. Annoying when that happens. Thanks to another GAFer I finally have the chest piece though. I currently have 3 pieces, need 1 more with a good roll for the next set bonus.

edit: I'm UK GAF for the record for play times (and if the yes sign doesn't give it away :p)
That was me! I was telling you on mic you should turn it up to TIII or even TIV, although we wouldn't have cleared it so fast, you're geared for it. I'll hit you up again today! You're Mace is amazing BTW.

I got a Stone of Jordan dropped last night, although it's not that great IMO. I'll post the stats and see what someone smarter thinks. I remember there being a 15% boost in lightning and 1.90 Wrath regeneration.

Audioboxer

What are the Akkhan builds people use?

I have 4 pieces now, just need the helmet and gloves. Gambling on them now.

That was me! I was telling you on mic you should turn it up to TIII or even TIV, although we wouldn't have cleared it so fast, you're geared for it. I'll hit you up again today!

I got a Stone of Jordan dropped last night, although it's not that great IMO. I'll post the stats and see what someone smarter thinks. I remember there being a 15% boost in lightning and 1.90 Wrath regeneration.

Sorry late at night I pretty much have the TV mute not to disturb anyone. Thanks for helping :)

So, need some ideas. Got a level 43 Crusader, beat the game for the first time. Doing act 1 bounties and completed the act 1 rift on easy. What's the best way to increase my experience gain without making the game impossible? I have legendaries on me and my weapon does 220DMG. Thanks.
Why are you on easy? What's your build? By the end of my first play through I beat it on Master, I kept turning it up as I played. Friend me on PSN, I'll come play with you.

stn

Why are you on easy? What's your build? By the end of my first play through I beat it on Master, I kept turning it up as I played. Friend me on PSN, I'll come play with you.
Was my first time really playing Diablo, hence the easy difficulty. I have no idea what my "build" is, I've been maxing out my strength and vitality and just using the best gear I have (i.e. whatever has the highest armor rating and gives the highest boost to strength and vitality). I'm on XBL, sadly (if anyone wants to play, PM me your GT and timezone!).

I admittedly don't know much about D3, I might even be playing it wrong.

hydruxo

I've been playing Destiny for the past week but I feel like after I do the raid on Tues, I'll be getting back into D3. The loot system in Destiny is a joke compared to RoS. I've been spoiled.

coljae

I am loving this game on PS4 but God it's driving my OCD crazy, having to fill in every part of the map. Even if I'm 99% sure that it's just a wall missing off there I HAVE to go back and check before leaving a level.

Finished my first play through with the Monk and started my second on hardcore with the Crusader. I have to admit I wasn't expecting to like the ranged attacks but they work really well.

Not really looked into bounties and rifts yet but if anyone wants to add me on PSN (coljae) I'll be happy for some co-op games.

Fuck me.

Act 3 because I keep taking breaks and man, I just wanna pile through this campaign and get to Adventure mode. I'm level 47, my gear isn't the best fr my WD, but I'm afraid of missing out on some mad drops. What should I do, GAF?

BigDug13

Um just got a weapon that has a chance to summon a murderous herd of cows. Lol... Shades of borderlands 2?!

Borderlands was a copy/paste of Diablo into an FPS. Chances are anything you see in Diablo that you also saw in BL2 was BL2 taking it from Diablo and never the other way around.

Levi

Banned
Help. I'm a level 70 crusader but my gear sucks. Rifts on master take forever. What's a good build for a crusader that doesn't have a holy flail or any of the highly desirable set pieces?

And how do I get the good loot? Rifts, bounties, shards? What should I focus on
?

I think there is something wrong with my game. My level 18 monk has a slotted 1 hand sword. I put it in and the dps is 1537. In the off hand I put a 1 hand slotted axe which has a damage rating of 274.

My damage totals now 1581. How can it only move up 50 points when it should be going up a lot more? (it says 206 to 216 damage 1.30 attacks per second for the off hand axe)

If I put a shield in my off hand the damage stays the same as if I'm dual weilding??

Matriox

Help. I'm a level 70 crusader but my gear sucks. Rifts on master take forever. What's a good build for a crusader that doesn't have a holy flail or any of the highly desirable set pieces?

And how do I get the good loot? Rifts, bounties, shards? What should I focus on
?

Short term answer:

Group up with Gaffers that are running torment 1-2 rifts/bounties and help farm for loot, tons will drop.

Longer term answer if solo/only RL friends:

Run on an easier difficulty. Quantity over Quality here when it comes to gearing up, you need to be able to efficiently take out the monsters you are farming, bump the difficulty down. Diablofans has some builds if you need some help being more damage efficient (I dont know crusaders well enough to help, sorry), but play what is fun for you, or you can try other builds and see if they're fun. Also, adding other people to your friend list will increase the amount of mail youll get from others playing and sending gifts.

Audioboxer

I've never seen a piece of this set D: I don't even know why people want it so bad but I'd love to at least see the damn thing

Look at this build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MannerCookie-1362/hero/43477848

If you build it right you pretty much never run out of wrath and can spam till your hearts content.

Kind of like the flail/shield combo but doing far more damage I hope.

Really want Fate of the Fell/Hellskull now lol - Which is why I'm happy for you to have the flail and shield on offer above.

Does anyone have a Darklight for trade? It's the last thing I need for my fire / Fist of Heavens Crusader.

Also anyone that's still playing, feel free to add me, PSN: youngadultnovel.

Yeah I have a darklight in my stash. Pretty sure it has a socket too.

OMG YES!

Been dying for this combo again. PSN - Audioboxer

Thanks

Augh yes!

Edit: beat :(

I have 2 jekkanbords I don't need. Maybe a gyrfalcon as well, can't recall if I gave away both I had or just the one..

PSN- ruthlesbarbarian

Saganator

Congrats! My Monk is now Paragon 90ish and I still haven't got a RoRG. This morning I farmed another 10 Act 1 Caches and still didn't get it :(

I once rage quit after opening like 25 caches (plus the dozens I opened the previous day) and not getting the ring. I straight up shut down the PS4 with out properly quitting. After a break, I came back and all the caches were there unopened. I opened them again and got my ring on the last cache. I felt kind of cheap, but I did spend a fuck ton of time farming for the ring, so it's not like I didn't put any effort into obtaining it. Just sayin'.

Audioboxer

Yeah I have a darklight in my stash. Pretty sure it has a socket too.

I have 2 jekkanbords I don't need. Maybe a gyrfalcon as well, can't recall if I gave away both I had or just the one..

PSN- ruthlesbarbarian

CynicalBastard comes first. If you have more than 1 I'll have it thanks :)

edit: From my reply above I think I'm getting GAF members mixed up lol, either way I'll come second.

Does anyone have a legendary strength based 2 hander with socket 3k+ damage that they don't want

I want to level up a crusader and I can re-roll level reduction.

Please let me know PSN Lord_Audie.

Ogawa-san

I think there is something wrong with my game. My level 18 monk has a slotted 1 hand sword. I put it in and the dps is 1537. In the off hand I put a 1 hand slotted axe which has a damage rating of 274.

My damage totals now 1581. How can it only move up 50 points when it should be going up a lot more? (it says 206 to 216 damage 1.30 attacks per second for the off hand axe)

If I put a shield in my off hand the damage stays the same as if I'm dual weilding??
DW doesn't mean you'll be attacking with both weapons at once. You'll get a 15% attack speed bonus from DW, but both attack speed and weapon damage become an average between MH and OH.

If your OH sucks, those averages will be brought down and so your overall damage tanks. So you're better off using a shield or even not using an OH at all until you get something good enough.

Awesome! Sent you a friend request.

Added you, your psn id made me chuckle :p

CynicalBastard comes first. If you have more than 1 I'll have it thanks :)

edit: From my reply above I think I'm getting GAF members mixed up lol, either way I'll come second.

Added you too, I'm sure I have multiple shields but not sure about the weapon.

Does anyone have a legendary strength based 2 hander with socket 3k+ damage that they don't want

I want to level up a crusader and I can re-roll level reduction.

Please let me know PSN Lord_Audie.

I have 7-8 2handers, which one are you after?

DW doesn't mean you'll be attacking with both weapons at once. You'll get a 15% attack speed bonus from DW, but both attack speed and weapon damage become an average between MH and OH.

If your OH sucks, those averages will be brought down and so your overall damage tanks. So you're better off using a shield or even not using an OH at all until you get something good enough.
What is MH? I assumed dual wielding would add the damage together...

Top Bottom