• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Number45

Need to ask before I buy this, is there any nasty shit in this game? I don't mean killing people in game visuals in dungeons, I mean nasty cutscenes with people getting stabbed in the eyes and such. I need to be able to play this around anyone, so it needs to be suitable. If there are, can they be skipped?
Trying to think back to the story, but I'm 99% sure there's nothing that would be considered offensive. But you can skip everything (as people who did their first run in a public online match no doubt discovered).

Need to ask before I buy this, is there any nasty shit in this game? I don't mean killing people in game visuals in dungeons, I mean nasty cut-scenes with people getting stabbed in the eyes and such. I need to be able to play this around anyone, so it needs to be suitable. If there are, can they be skipped?

It's rather cartoony violence to be honest. Any disturbing imagery that might be there is generally too small to see. Some of the monsters and such are gross but how the game turns into a damn light show at higher difficulties and levels, it shouldn't be a concern

BibiMaghoo

Trying to think back to the story, but I'm 99% sure there's nothing that would be considered offensive. But you can skip everything (as people who did their first run in a public online match no doubt discovered).

It's rather cartoony violence to be honest. Any disturbing imagery that might be there is generally too small to see. Some of the monsters and such are gross but how the game turns into a damn light show at higher difficulties and levels, it shouldn't be a concern

Thank you both. It's more dark and serious cutscenes I was concerned about, but if they are skippable that's great.

I was reading a article that was posted on DiabloIncGamers website and felt like I would share it with the rest of the gaffers who are in expectations of patch 2.1 on PS4/Xbone

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-legendary-drop-tables-updated-to-patch-2-1

This basically details drops rates and how certain legendary items are ranked as "common" or "uncommon" in their drops in dropping compared to other legendary items of that category. For example a Thunderfury would be a "uncommon" while Shard of Hate is "rare". If you read the full article you will get a good understanding at what your probability is in getting the item you need for your build and the amount of time you may need to invest to acquire it.

Reading this article does confirm one thing that amulets are by far (a good amulet) the rarest and most difficult to acquire.
Nice info. Thanks for sharing. <3

Have to say, coming from the PS3 version of UEE to the PS4 version.

Load times are non-existent.
Yeah, I only played vanilla on the PS3, but the PS4 version has lots of the snappy.

Well without a RoRG I'm always going to be stuck on T2.i must have opened 100 caches and haven't got one yet.

IF it is something required for success then it should drop.

I'm just moving on to new characters as there is no point leveling above 70 when I just can't get this ring. I'm so sick of the spider queen level as well.

Number45

Well without a RoRG I'm always going to be stuck on T2.i must have opened 100 caches and haven't got one yet.

I'm just moving on to new characters as there is no point leveling above 70 when I just can't get this ring. I'm so sick of the spider queen level as well.
Is the bump to T3 a big one? Finding T2 pretty straightforward, was planning to move up.

Crusader, no RoRG or any useful weapon/shield or set pieces.

Calabi

I'm getting tempted to get a PS4 with this. What is it like to play as a wizard using abilities like teleport and meteor. Just confused with how all the aiming works. Is it easy to teleport away, and target the particular enemies, like ones that spawn and reanimate.

benjammin

Grimløck;129757715 said:
shoot me one. just rolled a wizard today.

psn: stray_dog_strut

thx

I'm really sorry, I just have the one. I just realized how misleading that wording was.if I pick up another then I'll send it over.

I really am loving this game. The only thing I hate is when scrubs on xbox one are skipping the story dialogue. Settle down weirdos diablo 3 story is the good part in life. I really wish blizzard wouldnt skip the story for me, just them.

I already got 2 legendary items that arent the ones from the code cards. And I love how most items have stats for my class. Really liking this over the PC vanilla. I havent played D3 since a month after release on PC. I just got to Act II

JCizzle

I really am loving this game. The only thing I hate is when scrubs on xbox one are skipping the story dialogue. Settle down weirdos diablo 3 story is the good part in life. I really wish blizzard wouldnt skip the story for me, just them.

I already got 2 legendary items that arent the ones from the code cards. And I love how most items have stats for my class. Really liking this over the PC vanilla. I havent played D3 since a month after release on PC. I just got to Act II

Do story solo, adventure in group for that reason!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Gem crafting is way too expensive in this game. So is enchanting. I hate wasting my Damn forgotten souls so enchant the exact same thing I want to replace in the first place

It gets much better wait out for 2.1 and then certain things make crafting exceptionally easy.

Grimløck;129757715 said:
shoot me one. just rolled a wizard today.

psn: stray_dog_strut

thx

I think I have a spare SoJ in my stash, will send it to you when I log in later.

How many hours do you play in a day to be paragon 350 in just 3 weeks from game release? :p

HORRORSHØW

I think I have a spare SoJ in my stash, will send it to you when I log in later.

How many hours do you play in a day to be paragon 350 in just 3 weeks from game release? :p

you don't want to know lol ... but it's all i've been playing since it's been released, and you tend to level up pretty quickly doing t6 runs.

Audioboxer

I think the Diablo gods felt bad for my PS4 broke and I had to get a new one.

Got the Akkhan legs from gambling. What's the drop chances for the other pieces, as in, what would be preferable to gamble for next? Thanks.

I want the set, and then I want the mace and shield that allow you to spam shields lol. Had the shield twice on my first play through at different levels, not once this time.

SoJ posted grimlock, but I reckon it won't be very useful for your wizard since it has str, wrath generation and enchanted holy damage. Different story if you're rolling a sader.

dantehemi

What do you guys do with all your lower level gear? Do you always upgrade your stash or are you selling/salvaging your lower level gear? I'm just finding it hard to keep everything and it's getting expensive to keep building my stash up higher.

There's no point keeping low lvl items. You can craft anything you need from blacksmith anyway with second character.

It might be worth keeping stuff on HC if you play that mode.

Matriox

So, I am enjoying Destiny, but I am finding it hard to stay away from Diablo. Mostly I will play Destiny when I'm using the TV, but when I am just chilling in bed or want to be mobile on the Vita, Diablo is such a great vita experience.. God damn I wish they would just make a DS4 with a screen so I can use L/R 2/3... At work at the moment, but will probably give my Demon Hunter a rest since I can solo Torment VI rifts, need to try some other classes out!

ironmang

Anybody have a spare Jade belt or pants? Trying to help my buddy finish his set. I have a few sojs, akkhans chest, the infinite blessed shield flail, and other random items I could trade if you need anything.

Audioboxer

Anybody have a spare Jade belt or pants? Trying to help my buddy finish his set. I have a few sojs, akkhans chest, the infinite blessed shield flail, and other random items I could trade if you need anything.

Sorry I don't but I was just going to plea if anyone has any spare Akkhan. Probably not as it always seems to be in high demand.

As I asked above is there any truth to any pieces with Kadala having higher drop rates? I got the legs from her so far. Some guys on reddit say boots and shoulder pieces are next easiest, chest is the hardest. Any truth at all? Would prefer to gamble on easier set pieces to at least get two for the STR bonus and then soldier on with more rifts in hopes of drops.

Edit: Leg pieces dropped from gambling :) Maybe not the best stat rolls but they'll do.

Laconic

Banned

What class?

turnbuckle

I got a puzzle ring yesterday and I'm wondering if it's bugged. As soon as I got the requisite amount of white items for the goblin to drop a rare he started dropping rare items every single time a white item would fall. Plow through a bunch of trash and all the normal trash was disappearing and rares popped all over the place.

I...think it might be interfering with me acquiring common debris though :/

Audioboxer

I got a puzzle ring yesterday and I'm wondering if it's bugged. As soon as I got the requisite amount of white items for the goblin to drop a rare he started dropping rare items every single time a white item would fall. Plow through a bunch of trash and all the normal trash was disappearing and rares popped all over the place.

I...think it might be interfering with me acquiring common debris though :/

I just got the puzzle ring, but not great stats. Is it worth sacrificing a little to get the goblin to drop legendaries?

drotahorror

Have they made it to where you can no longer send or receive mail on non PS+ accounts? I have an alt account that I was sending all my legendaries that I wanted to keep and now I can't access mail with it.

ZeroAKA

Leveling up in normal mode is really slow, but I don't want to risk my underpowered Witch Doctor dying in Hardcore. People should be able to send gifts from their own Hardcore characters, right? I'll take anything I can get. :)

PSN ID: AbstractChaos

Audioboxer

Oh I just noticed you have akkhans chest even although I quoted you earlier. You keeping it to trade or could I persuade you out of the kindness of GAF fellowship to part with it for me? Pretty please? ;)

Ogawa-san

In the process of getting my 4 remaning classes to 70 through Miser's Will, I've managed to make 40m gold and crash the game 5 times.

Totally worth it.

Raptor

Finished on Expert Level 66 DH, went to Adventure mode on master and got decimated instantly lol, anybody got any good builds for a Monk?

I find it really hard since Im used to range and now since I have to go in for the kill my llifebar goes downs almost imediatly.

Audioboxer

With Crusader isn't it going to be the case 2 handers will always outdamage one handers? Or is it when you get the right one hand/shield combo they become viable? Just had darklight drop in a rift for me, and enchanted a socket on it.... (my darklight might just be crap rolls as well)

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140913162529.jpg

Xyrmellon

Finished on Expert Level 66 DH, went to Adventure mode on master and got decimated instantly lol, anybody got any good builds for a Monk?

I find it really hard since Im used to range and now since I have to go in for the kill my llifebar goes downs almost imediatly.

Ive found going from master to torment 1 the same experience. Be ready to die numerous times until you get a couple good pieces of gear and it will eventually become easier. Make sure you have plenty of gold for those repair bills though.

Laconic

Banned
My main class is my wizard at 770k dps.

2nd is crusader at level 70 at 200kdps (just got him)

The ring I want would be for the wizard. That's the one or been farming.

I have a monk and a witch doctor at 15 and a demon Hunter at 66.

Damn it.

I have an extra Dex one. :/

I've still yet to get a good Dex one, though.

At least until such a time as one with a socket might be good (the 2.1-ish patch we're supposed to get).

ZeroAKA

I actually switched from Expert directly to Torment after beating the game with my Demon Hunter. It wasn't too bad, although I had to completely change my play style. I can't check exactly what my build looks like at the moment, but it's similar to the first one here: http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/demon-hunter#builds

With Crusader isn't it going to be the case 2 handers will always outdamage one handers? Or is it when you get the right one hand/shield combo they become viable? Just had darklight drop in a rift for me, and enchanted a socket on it.... (my darklight might just be crap rolls as well)

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140913162529.jpg

Well, 2-handed weapons have higher base damage, which is normal. But 1-handed wapons are viable. It all depends on your build and on what you want to do. Buy if you are going to use a 1-handed weapon, switch Heavenly Strength for Fervor.

I recently started a Crusader earlier this week, and last night I found a legendary weapon to replace the one I'd been using. It amuses me to no end. It's called the Bovine Bardiche, and it sometimes summons a pack of murderous cows on hit. They don't really do much damage, but it's pretty funny having a cow posse following me around.

Top Bottom