• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Laconic

Banned
The reviews are bad because the content is threadbare. I don't know how many times "There isn't that much to do" has been said in a myriad of ways.

Everyone seems pretty happy with the mechanics, which you'd expect since, you know, Bungie, but the disappointment is around the content and the sameyness.

When I heard that some major guns were chest drops, I kind of lost interest, because that's rather a major red flag. I am sorry to hear that my fears were realized.

On another note:

3459 Vitality

12,476 Armor

78.09% damage reduction

And my lowest two resistances just barely top out over the soft-cap (70.25%)

All this, and yet I am still a paper tiger, in T6.

Sigh.

njean777

Apparently people are already at level 30 and complaining that there's nothing left to do. I have no idea how Bungie will keep things going unless they rework the loot and do a rift like mode for it.

Those are two things that Blizzard really nailed with RoS.

They could add paragon levels, which would actually work as you could just put points in strength, discipline, or intellect. Maybe cap the level at 100. Destiny is alright, but Diablo is the better game imo.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Was a great night doing T6 rifts. Even got a upgrade on my helmet I was looking for. Got to see the massive power of a cold barb was fun to watch. Still searching for my holy SOJ but got a damn good physical SOJ for 2.1.0 if I decide to try physical crusader. Natural socket and perfect elemental damage. Thanks again guys was a little rough at times with only 250k HPs but the new helmet should help with toughness.

Laconic

Banned
Was a great night doing T6 rifts. Even got a upgrade on my helmet I was looking for. Got to see the massive power of a cold barb was fun to watch. Still searching for my holy SOJ but got a damn good physical SOJ for 2.1.0 if I decide to try physical crusader. Natural socket and perfect elemental damage. Thanks again guys was a little rough at times with only 250k HPs but the new helmet should help with toughness.

What are good numbers for toughness, in T6?

I run amok in T5, but 6 is a bullet hell.

quest

Not Banned from OT
What are good numbers for toughness, in T6?

I run amok in T5, but 6 is a bullet hell.

My toughness is around 12 million with prophet rune so it is not enough yet. Beams and other effects tore me up some. I would say 15 million should be fine with a crusader the key is getting enough damage to kill elites before the 4 seconds of shield glare wears off. I am still working on that need a holy SOJ and shoulders I can get both cool down and HF damage. A good immunity amulet would help a ton also either fire or arcane. The strategy for me will be condemn vacuum them in shield glare and kill them before they cast their effects.

Laconic

Banned
My toughness is around 12 million with prophet rune so it is not enough yet. Beams and other effects tore me up some. I would say 15 million should be fine with a crusader the key is getting enough damage to kill elites before the 4 seconds of shield glare wears off. I am still working on that need a holy SOJ and shoulders I can get both cool down and HF damage. A good immunity amulet would help a ton also either fire or arcane. The strategy for me will be condemn vacuum them in shield glare and kill them before they cast their effects.

Sounds a solid plan.

My Sader needs way more cooldown and damage to even think about going beyond the rough patch that is T4 for her currently.

My Barb is Lolquaking his way through T5 like it's nothing, but 6 is a 10~15 minute bullet hell stage wrought with insert token.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Sounds a solid plan.

My Sader needs way more cooldown and damage to even think about going beyond the rough patch that is T4 for her currently.

My Barb is Lolquaking his way through T5 like it's nothing, but 6 is a 10~15 minute bullet hell stage wrought with insert token.

Yeah gearing a shotgun crusader is very tough because of the big commitment to cool down. I have cool down in all viable spots but 2 right now and just barely over 50%. A few pieces don't have max cool down like gloves and hell skull only 6% and weapon 8%. Also have to sacrifice some toughness to get HF damage on chest, shoulders and hell skull. It is the hardest build in the game to gear properly. My beams are 30-35 million right now really trying for 40 million on trash 50 on elites only buffed by champion.

Yeah gearing a shotgun crusader is very tough because of the big commitment to cool down. I have cool down in all viable spots but 2 right now and just barely over 50%. A few pieces don't have max cool down like gloves and hell skull only 6% and weapon 8%. Also have to sacrifice some toughness to get HF damage on chest, shoulders and hell skull. It is the hardest build in the game to gear properly. My beams are 30-35 million right now really trying for 40 million on trash 50 on elites only buffed by champion.

can you explain shotgun crusader to me? i know some gear is required but im more interested in what skills are used for it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
can you explain shotgun crusader to me? i know some gear is required but im more interested in what skills are used for it.

There are a couple of shotgun builds but the one I am trying for is the immortal shotgun build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12999979987

Skills I use are Heaven's fury-fires of heaven,provoke-to scared to run,shield glare-divine verdict, condemn-vacuum,champion-prophet and law of valor-unstoppable force.

I just realized re-enchanting the same item costs a little more gold each time. I was spending 500k/roll trying to perfect some Yellow before I realized what was happening. ><

There are a couple of shotgun builds but the one I am trying for is the immortal shotgun build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12999979987

Skills I use are Heaven's fury-fires of heaven,provoke-to scared to run,shield glare-divine verdict, condemn-vacuum,champion-prophet and law of valor-unstoppable force.

Thanks mate. I need to rethink my build as i dont use that many of those skills, but i can see how they all fit together.

Why is it called a "shotgun" build?

So I am better of buying this than Destiny on ps4, right?

Destiny isn't even a week old, and the raid won't be released until next tuesday. So it's hard to say if you will be better of with D3. I own both games and I enjoy both. Destiny has a solid foundation and can only get better. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either game.

v1perz53

So I feel really dumb for asking this but I cannot figure it out and it is bothering me. I just started playing the PS4 version and from my understanding the green or red up and down arrows when choosing what to equip roughly correspond to damage (the sword icon), armor (the shield icon) and HP or HP regen (the plus icon, not sure which of the two). My question is, when choosing weapons on my like level 5 Crusader, a random white dagger shows three green up arrows next to HP, and a blue axe shows two red down arrows next to HP. However, neither the dagger nor the axe mention anything about HP. Is there some random inherent property of daggers that makes them regen or grant more HP, or is there something I am completely missing regarding why the game is telling me the dagger is better for my HP than the axe? Doesn't seem to matter much but I can't figure it out and it is bothering me.

Edit: never mind about the skill button question, I am just blind.

Ogawa-san

Is there some random inherent property of daggers that makes them regen or grant more HP, or is there something I am completely missing regarding why the game is telling me the dagger is better for my HP than the axe? Doesn't seem to matter much but I can't figure it out and it is bothering me.
It has probably to do with life on hit and attack speed. Faster weapons, more LoH procs.

Also, random and unrelated, but I like the idea of playing this game via remote play, but R2 is more or less unuseable on the vita. Is there any way to change my skill that uses R2 to a different button or am I stuck with the button setup they give me?
Enable elective mode on options, so you can set skills to whatever buttons you want. You can't actually remap buttons so you'll still have something bound to R2, but at least you get to choose what is.

v1perz53

It has probably to do with life on hit and attack speed. Faster weapons, more LoH procs.

I figured it had something to do with this, do all weapons have inherent life on hit? Because the dagger in question is a grey level one piece of crap with no special stats at all as far as I can tell.

OmegaDL50

Thanks mate. I need to rethink my build as i dont use that many of those skills, but i can see how they all fit together.

Because the Flail of the Fell has a affix on it that causes the Heaven's Fury - Fires of Heaven attack to spread out into two additional blasts in a wide spread (Like a Shotgun) rather than single linear blast.

rockx4

Got the game at launch but didn't have much time for it, just got level 67 on Crusader, is there a thread to add people? I need people to play with. My psn is same as here.

I figured it had something to do with this, do all weapons have inherent life on hit? Because the dagger in question is a grey level one piece of crap with no special stats at all as far as I can tell.
Let's say your belt gives you 100 life-on-hit. If you have an axe with an attack speed of 1, you won't hit as often as you do with a dagger with an attack speed of 1.5. Consequently, the dagger gives more healing, even though it doesn't contribute any healing of its own.

Incidentally, those stats are Damage, Toughness, and Healing. Toughness is an amalgamation of thing like armor and hit points, while Healing incorporates stuff like regen and LoH. :)

gioGAF

Any of you who are still on, add me if you are still playing this game regularly. Everyone I was playing with (including GAF members) has bailed on me for Destiny.

PSN: Akuma_818

I mostly do high Torment rifts these days, trying to maximize gear for my DH (also leveling Crusader and Witch Doctor).

On a side note, I FINALLY got a good Ring of Royal Grandeur!

HORRORSHØW

beat torment 5 with a wizard using both cold and fire builds with leftover gear from my witch doctor. cold was easier despite being ~150k dps lower than fire mainly because of the cc.

how do i get over the hump and tackle torment 6 ?

BxeiDjVCcAAZ8Mc.jpg

I want to get back to rifting but what do I play for if I already have the gear and build I want? That's my only issue with the end game of D3.

The only thing I might want to find are different legendary/set pieces for transmog and change the look of my character, but that's about it.

ZenaxPure

I want to get back to rifting but what do I play for if I already have the gear and build I want? That's my only issue with the end game of D3.

You can always get better versions of the gear you currently have. It's unlikely every piece you have has the exact stats you want in that slot and even if you do the rolls can always be better. Just getting all the items you want with the exact stats you want makes a pretty big difference in clear times, on PC I replaced my barbarian's "final" gear 2 or 3 times just getting the stats I wanted. The end result was completely destroying T6 rifts and in 2.1 I made it to GR 33 (which is something like Torment 8 and a half in terms of difficulty) without really even leveling up legendary gems.

I actually enjoyed that grind a lot more than simply getting the gear to move up torment ranks to be honest. A lot of builds in the game don't have a natural progression path (as in you can start with the build on T1 and use something like it all the way up to T6) so when I originally finished my leapquake stuff I finally felt like I was actually playing the build I wanted and could grind out better gear for it.

Rizzi

The only thing I might want to find are different legendary/set pieces for transmog and change the look of my character, but that's about it.

New character? Hopefully we get 2.1 soon. Seasons and greater rifts are cool.

Striek

Is there any way to negate/reduce reflect damage? I almost killed my lvl. 40 hardcore char without noticing the mob had reflect damage....got down to about 2% health.

Laconic

Banned

Did you want that Dex RoRG?

Or are you going to hold out to get one with at least one good CC, CD, or CDR roll?

Is there any way to negate/reduce reflect damage? I almost killed my lvl. 40 hardcore char without noticing the mob had reflect damage....got down to about 2% health.

Life on hit?

Audioboxer

Whoever co-op'd a Rift with me last night thanks, you got me a silver trophy for doing the rift quickly I think it was.

Sorry I left in a hurry, it was way past my bed time for getting up for work. Wasn't actually planning to play any longer after a bit of shard gambling and then you joined :) But thanks!

By the way Kadala finally dropped Akkhan shoulders for me last night, but the rolled stats were BALLS. Annoying when that happens. Thanks to another GAFer I finally have the chest piece though. I currently have 3 pieces, need 1 more with a good roll for the next set bonus.

edit: I'm UK GAF for the record for play times (and if the yes sign doesn't give it away :p)

Did you want that Dex RoRG?

Or are you going to hold out to get one with at least one good CC, CD, or CDR roll?

Life on hit?

Mate i would love it if you could - not sure i have anything too crazy to give you in return though? Do you need anything from me and i can check what i have?

im IAMBLEST on XB1 btw. Thanks!

Laconic

Banned
Mate i would love it if you could - not sure i have anything too crazy to give you in return though? Do you need anything from me and i can check what i have?

im IAMBLEST on XB1 btw. Thanks!

:(

I am on PS4.

It is times like this I really wish platforms would accommodate cross-console trading, at least.

If you ever get on PS4, I will hook you up, big time.

I got a spare Strength Cindercoat, a pair of Might of Earth gloves, and Rhakkor pants, before I crashed last night.

:(

I am on PS4.

It is times like this I really wish platforms would accommodate cross-console trading, at least.

If you ever get on PS4, I will hook you up, big time.

I got a spare Strength Cindercoat, a pair of Might of Earth gloves, and Rhakkor pants, before I crashed last night.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

haha thanks anyway man - appreciate the offer! :)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh wow, I've been playing this game so damn wrong. My Monk had big problems on Torment. She couldn't kill shit. So I am fucking around and I equip two legendary fist weapons which costs me 20K in DPS compared to my slow but powerful Daibo. What I didn't see what the health regen and health steal on both of em, and the electric damage too...

Couple equipment and skill swaps later, I am electrocuting the fuck out of everything. Lightning everywhere up in there. Mobs and champions that took me minutes to kill, melt in seconds now. And I barely can die. My health bar just zaps the hell up whenever I am hit.

I am feeling reborn.

ngower

Hey,

I've never played a Diablo game before, but the PS4 version of Diablo 3 has been intriguing me for some time. Just curious if anyone can give me some insight as to whether or not to check it out?

I've played Guild Wars and Torchlight before, which I imagine are similar (Torchlight especially) but I don't have much familiarity with the genre as a whole.

Also, I don't have internet at the moment, is the single player alone worth a full price tag?

Nipo

So add me to the list of people who picked this up for PS4 instead of Destiny after trying the latter as a rental.

So far I'm really glad I did! Despite no one on my friends list playing it right now I'm surprised I didn't pick this up sooner.

Only level 20 right now but loving the constant stream of loot and new upgrades.

PSN: Carthum if anyone else picks up the game and wants to play.

Oibignose

Last week I bought reaper of souls pc version on a whim. Haven't played d3 since about a month after original release and left feeling a little disappointed.

I really am impressed with how improved everything in this game is. Totally addictive in a way it wasn't before. The most improved game I have ever played. Simply brilliant now.

Memnoch

So add me to the list of people who picked this up for PS4 instead of Destiny after trying the latter as a rental.

So far I'm really glad I did! Despite no one on my friends list playing it right now I'm surprised I didn't pick this up sooner.

Only level 20 right now but loving the constant stream of loot and new upgrades.
I'm playing both Destiny and Diablo, but definitely preferring the latter as well.

And thanks again guys for the legendary gifts through the mail. Much appreciated.

Ps4: memnoch1010

Audioboxer

No problem, man!

It would have been my pleasure to help.

If anyone else needs a Dex RoRG, Str Cinderocat, MoE gloves, or Rakk pants, hit me up.

Whats the stats on them? Mine are quite sucky. Thanks mate.

But it would be fairer if someone doesn't have them that they get them over me - So even if stats are better I'll leave an open window for a while for other Gaffers.

nonnocere

I've sent a few more friend requests from the last few pages. I'm curious how many Destiny players will come back to Diablo.

Currently leveling my Witch Doctor. Then onto Wizard to 70. I'll probably switch back to my maxed Monk on T2/3 after that.

Feel free to jump in my game. PSN Caduceus

Still trying to grind out some gear for my newly 70 Witch Doctor. DPS is around 600K with no buffs other than the passive. I have none of the set gear I want. I keep getting other shit. Trying to get the Mask of Jeram from Kadala but instead I get literally everything else. Just got the jade helm most recently -_-

No sunkeeper either or furnace or anything useful really. No jade pieces other than the helm. SIGH.

Top Bottom