• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

Why doesn't the game tell you whether a weapon is 1 or 2 handed?

Do you have Advanced Tooltips turned on in the options? If that isn't it, then I don't understand what you mean because the game tells me what weapons are one or two-handed in the item description (you may need to scroll down)

-------------------------------------------------------

In any case, I have found out that Horadric caches contents are pretty much level set at the time you acquire them. I leveled a Witch Doctor from 1 to 70 doing nothing but Adventure Mode bounties and did not open any of the Caches until level 70.

Some of the contents were like level 20 pants and perfect gems, not everything scaled to 70.

Also collecting staches on Normal and opening them up on Torment VI does not give you Torment VI drops, Blizzard fixed this exploit as you can read here - http://www.diablowiki.net/Horadric_Cache#Cache_Drops_Determined

The only way to get Torment VI caches such as the T6 only Legendaries for example would be to actually get them on that specific difficulty.

I have a question, you know that when you press right on the D-Pad you get teleported to town? Someone told me I could use this to save my progress i.e. area remains explored and monsters don't respawn even if I QUIT the game to dashboard. It was working for me before but now it doesn't (On Expert difficulty). Does this trick work for anyone else?

Paganmoon

Got my crusader to 31 last night, and I'm regretting not rolling the crusader for Hardcore instead. It's unkillable, granted my DPS isn't the best, but this seems like the perfect hardcore character, specially with the passive death saving skill. Then again, it might have helped that I've got some paragon levels to spend on it, plus the blacksmith having enough mats/plans to gear it up fast.

Didn't have any takers yesterday, so I'll try again tonight, will be doing a few rift runs at around 18.00 CET, if anyone is interested, on PS4, ID is same as my username here. Will be running with my DH on T1 or T2.

Speaking of T2, I think my DPS is fine for it (540k), but I get oneshotted by mobs in T2, defense is at 300K, too low for T2?

Number45

Do you have Advanced Tooltips turned on in the options? If that isn't it, then I don't understand what you mean because the game tells me what weapons are one or two-handed in the item description (you may need to scroll down)
I think it's stated explicitly only if the weapon type can come in one and two handed varieties. The weapons that are only one handed or only two handed just state their type.

Immortal Enchantress + Maximus does wonders that way, too. ;)

it's funny 'cause it's not one of these awesome mega metagame minmaxed builds - ie. the stats on the shoes are great for a demonhunter, awful for WD - but it makes running those normal bounties such a breeze. i was practically falling asleep while doing it the other night, every now and then i'd nod off for a second and wake up in the middle of a massacre chain surrounded by loot.

Isurus

3 minute into my first rift with a freshly leveled 70 WD and Mask of Jeram drops. Not bad, I'm guessing, since I've seen it mentioned here plenty of times.

You lucky Bum! I've lvl 90 paragon and still looking for that damn mask. I've gambled thousands of shards as well but can't seem to get the damn thing.

Big thanks to Deathjr for the akkhan chest and gyrfalcon.

Anyone know where puzzle ring and fire boots (does fire dmg where you step)drop?

Have a RoRG I'd trade for any of the above or akkhan piece other than chest.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

Raptor

Killed Diablo and Im after the Reaper, should be killed soon, level 55, Im just passing through every single enemie, Elite or not like butter, Im on Expert though can't wait to up it to master or torment or some shit lols.

Thansk for the Ring, Horror!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone have a good int based aughild's rule or the plans to spare on PSN? got lots of int stuff to trade with.

PSN:pansargryning

I believe I can make you some. Can check when I get home.

And I need some more PSN friends... PSN is Tigerheli. My friends list playing this was 40+ at launch, but is now sitting at a cool zero to one.

In other news, I picked up a legendary during a rift last night, but in a fit of annoyance at my GF, I just turned off my game immediately before it saved. I'll never know what it was...

Raptor

Will add you Tigerheli :)

Is there a bug with the Critical hits sound? I swear I heard it sometime that "clink" sound when that yellow number appeared, or it was a piece of gear?

I miss that sound.

Paganmoon

Will add you Tigerheli :)

Is there a bug with the Critical hits sound? I swear I heard it sometime that "clink" sound when that yellow number appeared, or it was a piece of gear?

I miss that sound.

I think you're thinking of the loot drop sound. If that sound was heard on every crit I'd be deaf by now. (DH FTW)

Raptor

I think you're thinking of the loot drop sound. If that sound was heard on every crit I'd be deaf by now. (DH FTW)
lol, then my game sound got bugged for a second there since when those crits where hapenning I hear that almost like an vacuum clink sound, was glorious lol.

Laconic

Banned
One of my favorite parts of the console release, speaking of loot, is the fact that you can go ham, and just sprint across the maps, killing things without paying attention to drops, then, once the smoke clears/you get to the exit, you can pull up the level map, and see if there were any legs you might have missed. Because the stars show. On PC, if you moved to far away in the level, the map would not display the stars anymore.

dralla

Got my crusader to 31 last night, and I'm regretting not rolling the crusader for Hardcore instead. It's unkillable, granted my DPS isn't the best, but this seems like the perfect hardcore character, specially with the passive death saving skill. Then again, it might have helped that I've got some paragon levels to spend on it, plus the blacksmith having enough mats/plans to gear it up fast.

Didn't have any takers yesterday, so I'll try again tonight, will be doing a few rift runs at around 18.00 CET, if anyone is interested, on PS4, ID is same as my username here. Will be running with my DH on T1 or T2.

Speaking of T2, I think my DPS is fine for it (540k), but I get oneshotted by mobs in T2, defense is at 300K, too low for T2?

I've been running T2 with my Crusader and my damage is much lower than yours (under 300K) but my defense is much higher.

Afrocious

I love this game, though I just got it about two weeks ago.

Could someone explain what was going on with the game prior to Reaper of Souls? I know this was an ill-received game and I heard about the Auction House.

SeZMehK

I only played the PC version of D3 back in the day. I was wondering, would my account come over to the PS4 or can we play with PC users? I know this is a dumb question...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Been playing my Barbarian quite a bit and now I'm using Blackthorne's/Earth set with Mara's Kaleidoscope on T4-5. So I'm immune to pretty much all ELITE damage except Arcane.

It's spoiling me big-time and I'm having quite a bit of success with the setup.

Does anyone know why Immortal King's set is so valued at high levels of play? The set bonus (mainly increased Fury Regen and 289 life per Fury spent) doesn't seem as powerful as something like Blackthorne's for end game play.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I only played the PC version of D3 back in the day. I was wondering, would my account come over to the PS4 or can we play with PC users? I know this is a dumb question...

PC account doesn't transfer (unfortunately). And console can't play with PC. Console version has too many hacks/dupes and is operating on a different version level (we don't have 2.1 yet).

just got a prompt for an update on the PS4. Anyone know what this is?

ah found it

version 1.03

bonus acts will now cycle daily
nephalem glory description updated
belial can always be defeated
massacre bonuses will be the same for all players in a local game.

Does it fix the sound mix problem? Does it fix the local co-op problem where P2's skills/runes all show as "new", so you have to go into all of them to get rid of the star every time you play?

Laconic

Banned

DHs take 3x the damage of Saders, Monks, amd Barbs.

You need more defense.

There is a REALLY good defensive passive that jumps your armor massively, iirc.

Audioboxer

Before I had to send my PS4 away (broke) I noticed a patch was downloading. Anything fixed/added?

Hopefully they didn't patch the shards trick lol.

Raptor

Hey Raptor!! Glad to see you back. We will have to party up in D3 sometime here. Did you get Destiny too?

Hey David!!! Almost didn't recognised you without that bigeye Joel lol, I didn't end up getting Destiny unfortunatly and I don't think I will any time soon, I simply don't have time for another loot game since Im completly inlove with Diablo 3 at the moment, I would love to party up sometime to do some rifts man, I will on this pretty much the entire month and next probably :)

ScoopEE

Neo Member
Is the GAF D3 audience predominantly PS4-based? Would love to join up/offer gifts to Xbox One lost souls!

Also on X1, anyone ever get a weird sound glitch where all game sound drops out but a loud whine kicks in? Def not hardware related, it stopped when I force quit the game. Real weird though.

Is the GAF D3 audience predominantly PS4-based? Would love to join up/offer gifts to Xbox One lost souls!

Also on X1, anyone ever get a weird sound glitch where all game sound drops out but a loud whine kicks in? Def not hardware related, it stopped when I force quit the game. Real weird though.
You can add me. IAMBLEST

Helscream

Banned
I was reading a article that was posted on DiabloIncGamers website and felt like I would share it with the rest of the gaffers who are in expectations of patch 2.1 on PS4/Xbone

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-legendary-drop-tables-updated-to-patch-2-1

This basically details drops rates and how certain legendary items are ranked as "common" or "uncommon" in their drops in dropping compared to other legendary items of that category. For example a Thunderfury would be a "uncommon" while Shard of Hate is "rare". If you read the full article you will get a good understanding at what your probability is in getting the item you need for your build and the amount of time you may need to invest to acquire it.

Reading this article does confirm one thing that amulets are by far (a good amulet) the rarest and most difficult to acquire.

Big thanks to Deathjr for the akkhan chest and gyrfalcon.

Anyone know where puzzle ring and fire boots (does fire dmg where you step)drop?

Have a RoRG I'd trade for any of the above or akkhan piece other than chest.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

No worries, I had both fire walkers and puzzle ring but gave them away.

Played 1 rift today and got a spare Hellskull, anyone wants it?

Anyone have a good int based aughild's rule or the plans to spare on PSN? got lots of int stuff to trade with.

PSN:pansargryning

I can craft full aughilds set but str based, you can enchant it to int if you want.

Does the plan differ on the primary stat? I have a WD at 70 and the plans, so I assume I could just craft on her? Will hopefully get the wizard up in the next few days.

No, set plans are the same for everyone. You get the primary attribute according to your class. If your WD has the plan, you can definitely craft INT based items for your Wizard.

Number45

No, set plans are the same for everyone. You get the primary attribute according to your class. If your WD has the plan, you can definitely craft INT based items for your Wizard.
But if the blacksmith has the plan I should be able to craft it on any character and roll for the relevant stat? You said you could only craft the STR version - is that because you only have a STR based class at 70?

Powercast

Hey guys, just bought a ps4 and I'm thinking of getting this. Already put 150+ hours on the pc version but I'm interested in the big tv and comfy couch mode. To anyone here who previously played on the pc, is it worth it to make the switch to the console version? Which class do you feel plays best with the gamepad? Thanks

Gem crafting is way too expensive in this game. So is enchanting. I hate wasting my Damn forgotten souls so enchant the exact same thing I want to replace in the first place

Voidance

Gem crafting is way too expensive in this game. So is enchanting. I hate wasting my Damn forgotten souls so enchant the exact same thing I want to replace in the first place
Yeah, nothing drains the gold account like crafting royal flawless gems. It gets cheaper in 2.1, right?

cakely

Hey guys, just bought a ps4 and I'm thinking of getting this. Already put 150+ hours on the pc version but I'm interested in the big tv and comfy couch mode. To anyone here who previously played on the pc, is it worth it to make the switch to the console version? Which class do you feel plays best with the gamepad? Thanks

I put quite a few hours into the PC version pre ROS (two characters running Act IV on hell difficulty). In my opinion, console Dialbo III: Ulitmate Evil Edition is the definitive way to play Diablo III. I love it. It looks great, the controls are great, the new features (mailbox, nemesis, gifts) are great, the offline play is great.

Yeah, I love it. This is from the PS4 version.

OmegaDL50

Does the plan differ on the primary stat? I have a WD at 70 and the plans, so I assume I could just craft on her? Will hopefully get the wizard up in the next few days.

Blacksmith plans should be available on all of your characters if one character found it and read the recipe, the only exception to this is softcore and hardcore modes, which have their own separate lists.

And yes, the Smart Loot system generally dictates an item with a primary stat will usually roll stats that are in favor to the class that crafted it. STR for Crusader and Barbarian, INT for Witch Doctor and Wizard, and DEX for Monk and Demon Hunter.

The only difference mind you would be unique skill based affixes on equipment that gives benefit to a skills damage.

Also important thing to note is because a character cannot equip a piece of equipment (Aughild's being a level 41 set), you don't need to be level 41 to craft it, only equip it. In fact I can create a fresh level 1 character and craft the set right now and it would have the relevant stats for a level 41 item. It's just the character won't be able to equip it until they reach the appropriate level.

Anyone have a Spines of Seething Hatred they're not using? I'm rolling with a no hatred generator skill set right now and it's working awesome, but SoSH would put me over the top. Been spamming Kaldala with no luck the last few days.

Number45

Blacksmith plans should be available on all of your characters if one character found it and read the recipe, the only exception to this is softcore and hardcore modes, which have their own separate lists.
Thought as much, thanks. Was confused when he said he could only craft STR.

I don't know, it's really not that bad. I make at least 500K per rift. I have more money than I have gems to actually craft in most instances.

Anyone want to trade me emeralds for rubies? I've got a crap ton of rubies.

BibiMaghoo

Need to ask before I buy this, is there any nasty shit in this game? I don't mean killing people in game visuals in dungeons, I mean nasty cutscenes with people getting stabbed in the eyes and such. I need to be able to play this around anyone, so it needs to be suitable. If there are, can they be skipped?

Top Bottom