• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Ok now thats clear. Basically, don't equip a shitty weapon in your off hand as it will average out lower between attack speed and damage for your overall dps.

dralla

Look at this build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MannerCookie-1362/hero/43477848

If you build it right you pretty much never run out of wrath and can spam till your hearts content.

Kind of like the flail/shield combo but doing far more damage I hope.

Really want Fate of the Fell/Hellskull now lol - Which is why I'm happy for you to have the flail and shield on offer above.

hmmm interesting I had a hellskull but I salvaged it lol, I don't remember the stats but I guess they weren't good if I got rid of it. I also have the plans for reaper's wrath. I'm not big on the spells for that build. I use Phalanx, Shield Bash, Fist of Heaven. and Bombardment.And Shield Glare to restore wrath. SG's cool down is only a few seconds for me with my runes

Audioboxer

hmmm interesting I had a hellskull but I salvaged it lol, I don't remember the stats but I guess they weren't good if I got rid of it. I also have the plans for reaper's wrath. I'm not big on the spells for that build. I use Phalanx, Shield Bash, Fist of Heaven. and Bombardment.And Shield Glare to restore wrath. SG's cool down is only a few seconds for me with my runes

It's all based around Akkarats Champion, which the armour is as well. Heavens Fury has been chosen because if you look at the flail it gives two casts.

Maybe not the most interesting build, but with the armour it will wreck face. Especially with the Akkarats Champion cooldown being very low. All the armour halfs it from 90 seconds, then you've got all your passive reductions on armour/head piece gem and paragon points.

I do love my shield bash as well. I like some quick mobility. Although I know the Steed Charge gives that and I guess with this build if it's popping ever few seconds you're covered. On average I'd use shield bash probably every 5-10 seconds.

dralla

It's all based around Akkarats Champion, which the armour is as well. Heavens Fury has been chosen because if you look at the flail it gives two casts.

Maybe not the most interesting build, but with the armour it will wreck face. Especially with the Akkarats Champion cooldown being very low. All the armour halfs it from 90 seconds, then you've got all your passive reductions on armour/head piece gem and paragon points.

I do love my shield bash as well. I like some quick mobility. Although I know the Steed Charge gives that and I guess with this build if it's popping ever few seconds you're covered. On average I'd use shield bash probably every 5-10 seconds.

I use shield bash all the time, I've got the rune that increases it's damage, and an additional damage bonus from a piece of gear. It's great for mobility. And it looks cool. Steed is very situational for me, it's not worth wasting a slot. I'd probably use it if I could bind it to L2. I guess I'm not too concerned with "builds" and use what I think looks the best and is the most fun.

Audioboxer

I use shield bash all the time, I've got the rune that increases it's damage, and an additional damage bonus from a piece of gear. It's great for mobility. And it looks cool. Steed is very situational for me, it's not worth wasting a slot. I'd probably use it if I could bind it to L2. I guess I'm not too concerned with "builds" and use what I think looks the best and is the most fun.

I've just adapted a new build thanks to the Gaffer who sent me Gyrfalcons+Jekangbord.

Based on this using shield bash (which also gets 20% damage boost from perk) instead of steed charge - http://www.diablofans.com/builds/31-classic-gyrfalcons-jekangbord-build-perfect-up-to

My damage has dropped to like 480k from 700 odds not using my old 2 hander and shield, but the continual spam of blessed shield and the speed boost from using 1 hand is making up for it. destroying packs.

I'll post pics of all my equipment as it stands. Still need to renchant some pieces (shield especially to get a socket or crit chance %10 which will boost DPS), get my gloves and then work on getting the stone of jordan. Pics coming in a bit away for dinner.

dralla

I've just adapted a new build thanks to the Gaffer who sent me Gyrfalcons+Jekangbord.

Based on this using shield bash (which also gets 20% damage boost from perk) instead of steed charge - http://www.diablofans.com/builds/31-classic-gyrfalcons-jekangbord-build-perfect-up-to

My damage has dropped to like 480k from 700 odds not using my old 2 hander and shield, but the continual spam of blessed shield and the speed boost from using 1 hand is making up for it. destroying packs.

I'll post pics of all my equipment as it stands. Still need to renchant some pieces (shield especially to get a socket or crit chance %10 which will boost DPS), get my gloves and then work on getting the stone of jordan. Pics coming in a bit away for dinner.

Using Fervor and Finery in passive slots with a one handed weapons makes up for the damage, in my instances anyway (10 gems equipped ATM). And the boost in attack speed will replenish wraith faster.

Audioboxer

Using Fervor and Finery in passive slots with a one handed weapons makes up for the damage, in my instances anyway (10 gems equipped ATM). And the boost in attack speed will replenish wraith faster.

Yup. Its absolutely crazy as well as it's a 6 splitter shield he sent me. Mowing down enemies in T2. Time for T3 after tea lol. Will post my pics later as I said.

dralla

Speaking of shields, I have the Defender of Westmarch shield and supposedly a wolf if supposed to be summoned on occasion, on block, but I've NEVER seen it. It's got a nice strength boos though, so I'm gonna keep rolling with it.

Audioboxer

Speaking of shields, I have the Defender of Westmarch shield and supposedly a wolf if supposed to be summoned on occasion, on block, but I've NEVER seen it. It's got a nice strength boos though, so I'm gonna keep rolling with it.

Check my old shield from my imgur gallery a few pages back and see if it helps you. Might part with it if this new build stays solid. It has a really high block %.

Got the same shield. Heard the wolf howl, never seen it ONCE.

I've played this game so much more over the last week and am finally hooked. Bought it several weeks ago and liked it... But couldn't get fully into it.

I'm only on Act 2 and love getting the new loot. However, I know bugger all about this game and how to really play it. This thread is great as I'm learning a lot, however often I have no idea what the hell people are talking about! I got armour up to 10k yesterday, thought I was Captain Awesome and then looked at some of the stats from players on this thread. Damn...

Anyway, just to say I'm loving the game (first time playing any game of this kind) and I haven't brought Destiny this weekend because I'm loving Diablo 3. Any advice for a noob is welcome!

I got a Legendary dagger called the pigsticker that occasionally squeals like a pig. It's kind of annoying, and I can't wait to replace it.

Audioboxer

DoW has over 30%, it's the highest I've seen! That shield glare bonus on yours is nice though, I'd take that over my wolf. By my strength bonus is like +950

I posted a short video of solo play. I'm pretty happy with this playstyle, I've stuck with it for a while now and keep building around it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZX3qUBYKw0&list=UUQxzUVS_9SuF5V5S5Jv64MA

Yeah the shield glare bonus done me well, blinds everything. Used it as a wrath builder

Here is my current setup - http://imgur.com/a/cDsaF

Crazy how tempting it looks to go back to the two hander as per all the green arrows, but the 6 splitting shield and no wrath cost with blessed shield plus %20 damage boost to BS seems to be working better. Going to do some serious testing tonight.

Could do with a slot on the 1 hander :/ Maybe I'll get a better one eventually (but free is free thanks to a GAF member <3) Going to roll for a slot on the shield eventually over 16% life.

Next up is the gloves, then better amulet, then one better ring and finally, the reaper wraps.

Any other tips welcomed :)

yamo

The lamp on my projector (which my PS4 is connected to) broke this Friday so I have gone back to playing D3 on PC for now. Will be back on PS4 once I sort an replacement, which might take time as i'm lazy. :(

Special shoutout to drotahorror for crafting that awesome ring for me, twice... sorry! You have a heart of gold, don't let them take it from you.

Audioboxer

Yeah the shield glare bonus done me well, blinds everything. Used it as a wrath builder

Here is my current setup - http://imgur.com/a/cDsaF

Crazy how tempting it looks to go back to the two hander as per all the green arrows, but the 6 splitting shield and no wrath cost with blessed shield plus %20 damage boost to BS seems to be working better. Going to do some serious testing tonight.

Could do with a slot on the 1 hander :/ Maybe I'll get a better one eventually (but free is free thanks to a GAF member <3) Going to roll for a slot on the shield eventually over 16% life.

Next up is the gloves, then better amulet, then one better ring and finally, the reaper wraps.

Any other tips welcomed :)

Hate quoting myself but should I roll for a socket on my shield or 11% block chance to replace life?

So my wife got the RoRG on her second Horadric Cache ever today. Now she just got an almost perfectly rolled Mask of Jeram with a socket from Kadala. I think I'm going to make her by a lotto ticket.

So I ordered this game on a whim on Amazon after getting bored of Destiny. I was gonna cancel it because I thought to myself,I've played this before many times on other platforms, and Destiny just came out, I need to give it more a chance before I drop it. So I canceled it. Or I thought I did, because I just got a delivery message from them LOL.

I take this as a sign that this is the right decision. Am I welcome to fray once again friends?

So I ordered this game on a whim on Amazon after getting bored of Destiny. I was gonna cancel it because I thought to myself,I've played this before many times on other platforms, and Destiny just came out, I need to give it more a chance before I drop it. So I canceled it. Or I thought I did, because I just got a delivery message from them LOL.

I take this as a sign that this is the right decision. Am I welcome to fray once again friends?

Welcome!!

Just beat Diablo and Malthael on hardcore tonight. Working on getting my lvl 70 hardcore achievement now. Any tips on how to lvl faster without risking certain death?

Really glad I skipped Destiny and gave my soul to Diablo III - so good!

anthym

Neo Member
I probably added 30 people for d3 and only a handful are still playing. My net sucks for multiplayer but I'm good for gifts :). Add me (ps4): ncslamm

Levi

Banned
Jeeez it seems like so many people aren't enjoying it lol. I still have it shrinkwrapped - But its a do not resale copy as it came with my PS4.

Do not resale doesn't apply to you. You have the right to sell any game you buy. It's called the law of first sale. Do not resale is so vendors don't remove it from the bundle and sell it as "new".

If you trade it in to gamestop keep in mind they can't accept it sealed, so open it up first. Worth $40 credit right now.

Cheddahz

Banned
Isn't Destiny an MMO, is that like winning WoW? Or have I completely misunderstood the game (only played Beta, did not like)

I guess it is? I mean, the whole "MMO" aspect of the game is limited to a hub world where nothing happens (besides turning in missions), four emotes that are assigned to the D-pad, and "strikes" (dungeons) and raids that have you re-visiting areas from the story and forcing you to fight bullet sponge enemies

I'm gonna start all over again on the PS4 so I won't be any help, but I understand the game has some social features now? Feel free to add me, I'm blewjayy on PSN

I have an extra Shenlong's Relentless Assault (set item weapon) that I would like to trade for the other item in the set, Shenlong's Fist of Legend.

Anybody here that can help me out??

I have an extra Shenlong's Relentless Assault (set item weapon) that I would like to trade for the other item in the set, Shenlong's Fist of Legend.

Anybody here that can help me out??
I have one. Got any Blackthorne armor?
Or just send any legendary for materials and I can have blacksmith make another one.

Top Bottom