• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Laconic

Banned
yeah from all the T6 rift clearing videos ive seen the game seems to degenerate into spamming a bunch of buttons and power regeneration. I know this may be the most efficient way to farm legendaries but it just doesnt seem to make the game fun at all.

I saw one with a monk who was basically running at full speed twirling his staff at everyone and thats all he did. I dont think i want to play like that.,

To be fair, that is pretty much the monk class from level 1-70. And everything after.

HORRORSHØW

Crusader is so Snoozader, though.

Is even a Mirrorballed + Serpentstriker + Firebird Wizard not viable on T6?

Even with Unity?

That sucks if so.
i haven't tried it with unity but i'm getting close using three different builds (cold, fire, woh). need better gems and a few more pieces and i should be able to solo it. my dps is still lacking for t6.

Bxke4v_CQAAoeDU.jpg

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;130089887 said:
i haven't tried it with unity but i'm getting close using three different builds (cold, fire, woh). need better gems and a few more pieces and i should be able to solo it. my dps is still lacking for t6.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxke4v_CQAAoeDU.jpg

That's awesome! :)

Yeah, I guess you'd need a LOT more DPS as a Wizard than a Barb or 'Sader - my Barb "only" does 500k, but he stacks close to 100% fire damage on top of nearly 70% elite damage.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Crusader is so Snoozader, though.

Is even a Mirrorballed + Serpentstriker + Firebird Wizard not viable on T6?

Even with Unity?

That sucks if so.

What where are you getting this from? Before 2.1 there are only two decent T6 viable builds for wizard.

1. Wand of woh setup
2. What you mentioned but I didn't use firebird for it. You need fire gear and magefist, cindercoat, ami with fire, and bracers with fire at a minimum to make it work.There are vids of this setup so just look for them and adjust your build a little to make it it.

Laconic

Banned
What where are you getting this from? Before 2.1 there are only two decent T6 viable builds for wizard.

1. Wand of woh setup
2. What you mentioned but I didn't use firebird for it. You need fire gear and magefist, cindercoat, ami with fire, and bracers with fire at a minimum to make it work.There are vids of this setup so just look for them and adjust your build a little to make it it.

I've yet to take my Wizard into higher difficulties.

I started out as a new 'Sader, outfitted my Barb to the hilt, then proceeded to rue the lack of an option to disable smart loot, so as to actually gear out my Int and Dex characters through higher level play.

I gambled a Mirrorball, and got the excellent Serpent Striker I mentioned, out of a cache.

But that's all the Wiz EQ I have, currently.

My poor DH has... a high end vanilla 2 socket Manticore, and that's about it. :p

Audioboxer

I never got one at all, even in rifts, until paragon 150+.

Still need those pant?

If so, what's your PSN?

I can get them to you this morning, before I head out.

I have my full set now thanks :) Unless they rolled better than (old pic before I had full set, but pants are still the same). Audioboxer is PSN anyway if you want to add a new D3 player.

vJUBdkm.jpg

LCGeek

formerly sane
I've yet to take my Wizard into higher difficulties.

I started out as a new 'Sader, outfitted my Barb to the hilt, then proceeded to rue the lack of an option to disable smart loot, so as to actually gear out my Int and Dex characters through higher level play.

I gambled a Mirrorball, and got the excellent Serpent Striker I mentioned, out of a cache.

But that's all the Wiz EQ I have, currently.

My poor DH has... a high end vanilla 2 socket Manticore, and that's about it. :p

Just saying that wizard setup or certain items will make you viable nothing more.

Hagi

How does this compare to Destiny in terms of endgame stuff to do? I just reached 20 and theres so little to do and it's RNG is pretty bullshit, i'm just not really enjoying it. Is Diablo less of a grind?

PuMa

Didn't buy Destiny because of the weird player number requirements :( I don't have 5 other friends to do raids with, and since loot from that carries over to multiplayer, I'd get my ass stomped. Really sucks cause I was looking forward to it.
Diablo 3 is still fun though!

You may have been misinformed about Destiny. Loot only carries over into PVP for one mode (Iron Banner). Everything else is normalized.

Audioboxer

Yours are better. :)

Now I think I'm going to raise a female Barb, and get a Rakkor + IK setup going.

Okay doke, I'm sure someone else will grab them off you.

Kadala will be my most hated in-game character ever lol. I need a stone of jordan off of her and another Gyrfalcon. A GAF member kindly sent me one but I need to be able to roll a socket on it and have it do holy damage. Right now the damage amount has been enchanted so I can't roll a socket without nerfing it (and it's just standard damage). Need to get lucky with one that already has holy damage and then I can socket it.

And the one I sent has a 6million gold cost to re-enchant!!!! I was like what the fuuuu..... Low priority though, I'm just managing T4 (dieing a few times each rift), need my rings and amulet sorted first then I'll focus on getting another Gyrfalcon.

tricho

Still looking for a Gyrfalcon's Foote. Does anyone still have a spare one? :<. I think i spend over 15k+ Bloodshards on this. No luck.

Nevertheless.... still enjoy D3 grinding over Destiny grinding. :)

Audioboxer

Still looking for a Gyrfalcon's Foote. Does anyone still have a spare one? :<. I think i spend over 15k+ Bloodshards on this. No luck.

Nevertheless.... still enjoy D3 grinding over Destiny grinding. :)

If I get any luck getting one to replace my current I'll send you mine :)

How much better is the legendary drop rate in T2 compared to T1? I can't seem to get my Monk geared to be able to go through T2 with any efficiency, so I've been running T1 to hopefully get a few key drops to be able to move up.

dralla

You know what sucks? When you wanna re-roll something and don't have the required materials. I've got a couple pieces of crimson gear I wanna equip but it costs 48 of yellow/rare material for each re-roll, I currently have...2. So I'm gonna need to grind for a solid 40 minutes just for a single re-roll, shieeet

I was rifting pretty hard last night, got lots of legendary stuff but nothing I need. Daddy needs some new chest piece and boots.

Will do!

By the way I have a spare Akkhans chest piece to give away.

I'll take it. I'm not sure I'll use it, need to see how it affects me.If not I'll pass it on to another GAFer.

I see you went back to a 2 handed? I've made some serious progress with my one hander, over 500K now, and having all the buffs and speed, it's damn fun. I sent you a gift last night I think too.

Just started a Crusader build. Easiest way to get through the grind to 70? Trying to get there as quickly a possible.

Edit: Or does anyone want to carry me through Torment levels to get there? lol

How much better is the legendary drop rate in T2 compared to T1? I can't seem to get my Monk geared to be able to go through T2 with any efficiency, so I've been running T1 to hopefully get a few key drops to be able to move up.

Honestly, it's not that huge of a difference. I've gotten legendaries while grinding Normal Act 1 for rift keys and have completed T2 - T3 without getting a single decent drop. The best thing to do is keep working at the difficulty that allows you to complete a rift quickly, without dying. You'll get there.

dralla

I get at least 1 piece of legendary gear on T2 rifts. 3 is the most I've gotten from a single rift. I don't remember the drop rate of T1 but I feel like I'm getting more now on T2. I'm gonna bump it up to T3 soon after some small tweaks to my gear.

Audioboxer

You know what sucks? When you wanna re-roll something and don't have the required materials. I've got a couple pieces of crimson gear I wanna equip but it costs 48 of yellow/rare material for each re-roll, I currently have...2. So I'm gonna need to grind for a solid 40 minutes just for a single re-roll, shieeet

I was rifting pretty hard last night, got lots of legendary stuff but nothing I need. Daddy needs some new chest piece and boots.

I'll take it. I'm not sure I'll use it, need to see how it affects me.If not I'll pass it on to another GAFer.

I see you went back to a 2 handed? I've made some serious progress with my one hander, over 500K now, and having all the buffs and speed, it's damn fun. I sent you a gift last night I think too.

I haven't, that's an old pic, I was just showing the guy my leg pieces. I'm full Akkhan with a 1hd and shield.

ZmNi7ZU.jpg

I'll send you the chest piece. What's your PSN again buddy? Remember 2 pieces of Akkhan get you a +500 STR bonus which is awesome. So even if chest piece is a little lower, if you can snag another set piece, boom! My advice, re-roll the socket on the chest piece to get 3 :)

I did get some gifts last night, just meh legendaries, smelted them for parts lol.

Need to head out just now, will send it over in a few hours once you confirm your PSN to me.

SDCowboy

They really need to add more content and new class gear sets to this already. I want to keep playing, but I'm running out of reasons to.

Anyone playing this on Xbone? I'm a complete newbie but enjoy playing this coop. The random that join my game are always bad about not blowing through everything as fast as possible.

Really glad my friend talked me into giving this game a go.

dralla

I haven't, that's an old pic, I was just showing the guy my leg pieces. I'm full Akkhan with a 1hd and shield.

I'll send you the chest piece. What's your PSN again buddy? Remember 2 pieces of Akkhan get you a +500 STR bonus which is awesome. So even if chest piece is a little lower, if you can snag another set piece, boom! My advice, re-roll the socket on the chest piece to get 3 :)

I did get some gifts last night, just meh legendaries, smelted them for parts lol.

PSN; DirtyWorm. I'm not sure I can re-roll anything right now, my resources are non existent. I want to re-roll my Crimson pants so I can use them and get the bonus (I've got the boots equipped already), but man..I've got nothing. I'm gonna have to grind some bounties maybe ugh

turnbuckle

Any suggestions for builds for crusader? I guess it partly depends on gear but now that I'm level 70 and starting the whole rifting business I'm looking for input.

I'm currently using a 1 handed wildwood...not sure if I should be hoping for a 2-hander or not but I haven't had a single decent 2-handed weapon drop yet.

I was able to do a few rifts on Torment with my brother mainly carrying me yesterday. Hope to get a bit of time in tonight to get some bloodshards. Not sure what to focus on buying with them first.

Also - is the lvl 70 hellfire ring worth pursuing or would I be better off just doing bounties and rifts? Can the lvl 60 hellfire ring still materials still be acquired? If so, would it be possible to equip one of each?

If anyone wants to add me (PS4) my name is Turnbuckle47 (capital T).
I mostly play at night in bed next while my girlfriend is out cold or playing a game/reading next to me. I can't really communicate via headset most of the time with my current gaming setup unfortunately.

Okay, I've got my wife playing co-op with me for the last few days, how in the world do we get her character to save? We lose her character after we quit every time and she is losing interest having to start over. Can anyone explain please??
The game seems unable to create a save file for anyone but the primary player, but it can use any existing files for guest players.

Have your wife launch the game using her account on the PS4. (A PSN account shouldn't be required, but hey, they're free.) Once she creates a character and saves, she should then be able to join your games and have her progress saved back to this new file.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Just did my first Rift on Master solo. Goddamn, so many elite enemies and mini-bosses. Hell, the Rift Boss was very powerful and can kill you in few hits.

I think I'm better off playing the Rifts with a friend or two.

Voidance

I'm still looking for Tasker and Theo for my Witch Doctor. I'm willing to trade crusader stuff and/or a Mask of Jeram for it.

Also, a Rhen'ho Flayer would be pretty nice, too. Please let me know if you have either and are willing to trade.

The Stig

sorry to intrude people. as someone who just picked up reaper of sould on PC, I was just wondering if I got jipped by this console release.

what, if anything am I missing out on by playing this on PC?

except using a controller / couch etc.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
sorry to intrude people. as someone who just picked up reaper of sould on PC, I was just wondering if I got jipped by this console release.

what, if anything am I missing out on by playing this on PC?

except using a controller / couch etc.

Nothing worthwhile. And you can avoid the exploiters/dupers.

Finally had some time to play and wrapped up the main game. Now I' m onto the expansion and then to adventure mode. Really enjoying the game, but I finally got a puzzle ring, but now I cannot find it. The only thing I can think is I accidentally salvaged it. So Dumb.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I was just playing a public game and a nemesis appeared. It said it was the slayer of "AreallyGayUser". Haha. People kill me.

Also, don't turn on player names in options if you're playing public. You WILL LOSE faith in humanity, trust me.

Raptor

Not a single nemesis in probably 12 hours of playtime this weekend, I need more Diablo 3 friends.

Looking at the guide for best Monk gear and weapons I realize I have non of it lol, my quest for it will be fun.

Audioboxer

PSN; DirtyWorm. I'm not sure I can re-roll anything right now, my resources are non existent. I want to re-roll my Crimson pants so I can use them and get the bonus (I've got the boots equipped already), but man..I've got nothing. I'm gonna have to grind some bounties maybe ugh

Sending over shortly. I'll see what resources it needs to re-roll the socket and see if I can spare. Getting 3 sockets might take a few rolls though :(

Number45

I get a good amount, but remember it doesn't guarantee that they won't be shit. If you ca kill comfortably in T2 then move up - if not stay at T1. Remember you'll also get more shards the quicker you rift.

This is the veiled crystal? Aren't they a guaranteed drop from salvaging 61+ rares?

Any word on when 2.1 is coming to consoles?
Nope.

Recall

I'm getting bored of doing bounties to get my Monk to level 70. It is taking forever and I'm already bored of the grind and I've not even started the content you get once you hit 70.

People who can play this for hundreds of hours have my respect.

I'm getting bored of doing bounties to get my Monk to level 70. It is taking forever and I'm already bored of the grind and I've not even started the content you get once you hit 70.

Move it to a higher difficulty and group with other people.

Number45

I levelled my first character through the story (as hard as I could set it/handle) and hit 70 before finishing act 5. The other 5 will have been levelled exclusively using the miser's will bounty in T6 via remote play. Now THAT is boring
yet still preferable to watching the X-Factor

Jolkien

I levelled my first character through the story (as hard as I could set it/handle) and hit 70 before finishing act 5. The other 5 will have been levelled exclusively using the miser's will bounty in T6 via remote play. Now THAT is boring
yet still preferable to watching the X-Factor

Have a friend clear the Hell Rift bounties on high torment. On Torment IV I leveled a friend from 1 to 70 in about 2h30 mins. Fast, easy xp no map exploration necessary and you can even sometimes get a cursed chest for good xp.

Number45

Have a friend clear the Hell Rift bounties on high torment. On Torment IV I leveled a friend from 1 to 70 in about 2h30 mins. Fast, easy xp no map exploration necessary and you can even sometimes get a cursed chest for good xp.
To be honest I don't mind it. I can't stand remote play, so getting some actual use out of it is nice (and I've earned in excess of 30m gold as well). :)

I also haven't played co-op yet, not once. I really need to do that at some point, although don't want to do it with randoms because of the hacks.

Top Bottom