• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

just soloed t6 with a wizard. not as efficient as i'd like so i'll probably farm t5, but it's definitely doable.

of all the classes i've beat t6 with, i'd have to rank it as witch doctor>>>>crusader<>wizard>>>monk.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Grimløck;130181384 said:
just soloed t6 with a wizard. not as efficient as i'd like so i'll probably farm t5, but it's definitely doable.

of all the classes i've beat t6 with, i'd have to rank it as witch doctor>>>>crusader<>wizard>>>monk.

that's about right

In the current console meta crusaders and witch doctors are about equal in the bursty dps they can output. when 2.1 rolls around that wizard will be more viable than either so wait it out especially if it's firebased.

I just got the plans for the Aughild's Authority set. Is that a pretty good one?

Yes it's pretty solid especially when you want to add damage for elites or reduce it a little bit. Until you get big time legendary sets for a class things like aughlids and ashereas are very solid to use.

Forgive me DiabloGAF for I have been tempted by the foul mistress Destiny.

But seriously, need to get back into my young level barbarian bounties after getting burned by Destiny's loot system (f' that game...).

i tied HC mode with a crusader on hard. everything went smoothly until a friend joined my game. somehow these mobs decided to suddenly hit for 30% of my hp. i got wrecked in a few seconds :eek: it was very early in the game, no big deal. but the hp/dmg jump was kinda unreal.

LCGeek

formerly sane
i tied HC mode with a crusader on hard. everything went smoothly until a friend joined my game. somehow these mobs decided to suddenly hit for 30% of my hp. i got wrecked in a few seconds :eek: it was very early in the game, no big deal. but the hp/dmg jump was kinda unreal.

Single player scaling is not the same as multi. The more people that come in your game the more health and damage monsters have that you need to deal with.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can anyone confirm the Istvan's Blades Set exists in the console version of Diablo? It's two swords, Little Rogue and The Slanderer. It was programmed into the PC game but Blizzard fucked up the dropping mechanism so they never appeared until a patch in late June.

if you've seen these in the console version please let me know.

Sorry no link. .. on my phone :(

HORRORSHØW

Can anyone confirm the Istvan's Blades Set exists in the console version of Diablo? It's two swords, Little Rogue and The Slanderer. It was programmed into the PC game but Blizzard fucked up the dropping mechanism so they never appeared until a patch in late June.

if you've seen these in the console version please let me know.

Sorry no link. .. on my phone :(

the slanderer dropped for me a couple of weeks back.

BwuKDpOCMAAhHyG.jpg:large

Voidance

Finally got Tasker and Theo! I'm pretty pleased. Now, I need a better weapon.

Does anyone have a Rhen'ho Flayer for trade? I have a lot of crusader armor (full Akkhan), FoTF, etc. for trade. Please let me know!

njean777

Always put Local only when going into HC mode.

ZeroAKA

Hardcore on Expert isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'm about to beat Act II with my level 30 Witch Doctor, and I haven't come anywhere close to dying yet.

Yay! Finally got my CDR high enough that I can pretty much stay in Akarat's Champion full time. I love my lightning FoH Crusader, shit gets so crazy when I'm spamming multiple Fissures at once.

Also one more post to rant... FUCKING WALLERS.

Hate walls.

Just got a legendary potion? lol. Never knew they existed.

Bottomless Potion of the Diamond

If you have Kulle Aid (legendary potion), you can just walk through those walls.

Bottomless potion of Kulle-aid, 60% heal and let's you walk through walls/enemies for 5 seconds.

Has the same cooldown time as the regular health potion though.

Striek

Got lvl. 70 with my hardcore Crusader, yay :)

Couple close calls but nothing major.

Question, do horadric caches spawn better treasure if you open them on higher difficulties or are they locked to whatever difficulty you actually got them on?

Question, do horadric caches spawn better treasure if you open them on higher difficulties or are they locked to whatever difficulty you actually got them on?

I believe they're locked. Don't quote me on that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

They're locked to the class type and level they were created at.

Number45

They're locked to the class type and level they were created at.
As far as I recall the level is determined when you get them, but the class roll is decided when they're opened. So you can farm on your fastest character and gear up an alt that way if necessary.

If someone on Xbox One wants to trade gems, send me a PM. I'm looking for topaz, I have several of every other type I'm willing to trade. (I swear the RngGods know that I want Topaz and refuse to drop).

LCGeek

formerly sane
Bottomless potion of Kulle-aid, 60% heal and let's you walk through walls/enemies for 5 seconds.

There are also illusory boots which let you do this permanently. Run act 2 bounty runs to get this to come out normal or t1/t2 runs will help you get it quickest for me.

Both are good solutions.

Are there different kinds of kulle-aid? I got one that simply adds to you resistance for 5 seconds after you drink it. Nothing about walking through walls.

graffix13

Loving this game so far. I am almost done with Act 3 and my Level 37 Barbarian is destroying everything! I haven't died once (only playing on Hard though). This game is addicting.

And am I the only one who is enjoying the story? Sure it's not epic TLoU quality but it's not too bad.

There are also illusory boots which let you do this permanently. Run act 2 bounty runs to get this to come out normal or t1/t2 runs will help you get it quickest for me.

Both are good solutions.

As a crusader, I prefer steed charge.

What's a guy gotta do to get a legendary weapon drop with a socket? I mean, come on

Enchant your non-socketed weapon?

Can someone with a Holy Shotgun Build and the "Fate of the Fell"-flail PM me? Thanks!

I don't have a spare FotF if that's what you're looking for.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
As far as I recall the level is determined when you get them, but the class roll is decided when they're opened. So you can farm on your fastest character and gear up an alt that way if necessary.
Not the case as far as I understand in the console version. Tested it a bunch, always rolls loot tailored to the class that created them, dedicated cache legendaries aside.

Dire

Can confirm this is the case. Cache item level = level when obtained. Cache item class = whoever opens it.

Audioboxer

Man I must have spent over 3 million trying to get a socket in this Danetta and still don't have it. I'm close to giving up on it.

This is pretty cheatish but you can close the application from the PS button after a few rolls, and reload the game and you'll be back to square one.

Just warp to town, quit to main menu (so everything saves as is), click continue, do your roll, or a few, then hold PS button close application and load the game again.

Works for shard spending as well.

Kind of ruins the fun of grinding, but sometimes like with your socket example it's becoming a joke.

Not having any luck with Akkhan pieces besides the chest piece i have.If anyone has a spare or wants to trade any I have gems and an RoRG.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd I do rifts around 3pm till ?? Central us.

TetsujinZ

Not having any luck with Akkhan pieces besides the chest piece i have.If anyone has a spare or wants to trade any I have gems and an RoRG.

Psn-Legendkilla3rd I do rifts around 3pm till ?? Central us.

I have spare Akkhan pants and helm, looking for some flawless royal rubies if you have any. I am usually on after 9PM Pacific, PSN: TetsujinZ.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It feels pretty gratifying to play in a four man T6 rift, though I hope I wasn't too much the weakest link of the group. The session yielded me a Wand Of Woh, and now I need to see if it will be the single item that transforms my Wizard. I also recently finished rounding up the WD Jade set, but I guess you need the Quetzacoatl hat to really make it work? That means I'll be in the hunt for a better RORG...

While I'm here -

PSN Sillysil. PS4.

If any of you are about to salvage any Level 70 Blackthorne's items of any kind, or an Intelligence based Wyrdward (the lightning stun ring), please mail it to me instead. I will do my best to compensate the consideration in the future, as my work weeks are very long.

Audioboxer

Gotcha.

Also looking for the RRoG if anyone has it. Have some Wizard gear if you need anything.

I definitely do have it, and socketed with a green gem from memory. Just need to wait on me getting home and I'll send it to you.

Think everyone is looking for a RRoG lol. Only thing that menace Kadala can't give us. I read it's better to farm it on normal? Any truth to this?

I definitely do have it, and socketed with a green gem from memory. Just need to wait on me getting home and I'll send it to you.

Think everyone is looking for a RRoG lol. Only thing that menace Kadala can't give us. I read it's better to farm it on normal? Any truth to this?

Awesome. Thanks!

Yep. From the caches you get by doing bounties on normal. I got it pretty easily when I was looking for it on my Wizard but I'm getting frustrated on trying to find it with my Crusader. lol

TetsujinZ

According to the 2.0.5 patch notes, leg drop rate from caches was increased for Torment II onwards. But, the consensus is that the increase is not significant (see http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ric-caches-legendary-drop-rates-2-0-5-edition). So, you are better off farming normal on console due to the faster clear times.

2.1 is where they really fixed the cache drop rates (I think 50% for T2 cache, 100% for T6 cache).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is it just me or is the auto save on the ps4 version really unpredictable? I remember quitting after I saw the spinning disc in the corner, but coming back to it I'm behind yet again from where I thought I left off. Is there a sure-fire way to save where you are?

Top Bottom