• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

cakely

I'm getting bored of doing bounties to get my Monk to level 70. It is taking forever and I'm already bored of the grind and I've not even started the content you get once you hit 70.

People who can play this for hundreds of hours have my respect.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I did Act I-V on expert, that got me to 62, and then I re-ran Act V on expert to get to 70. It went really quickly, actually.

Recall

What difficulty are you playing on?

I did Act I-V on expert, that got me to 62, and then I re-ran Act V on expert to get to 70. It went really quickly, actually.

Im now on master.

Guess my build might be slowing me down as maybe im not killing things as fast as everyone else to burn through it all so quick. I'll keep at it til 70 then have a break :)

ironmang

First hardcore character (monk) at level 34 and in Act 4. She feels pretty strong but I'm still nervous about the upcoming battle with Diablo. Current rough stats: 1068 dps, 33.8k toughness, 9.6k life, 16 crit chance, 50 crit damage, 79 life on hit.

Thinking about grinding a few more levels to feel a bit safer.

edit: wasn't responding to you ^ just coincidence haha. monk feels very strong though for what it's worth.

dralla

Sending over shortly. I'll see what resources it needs to re-roll the socket and see if I can spare. Getting 3 sockets might take a few rolls though :(

Thanks, yea, it'll probably take a few, I don't think I've ever gotten 3 sockets on a re-roll.

--

ugh I went home for lunch for a couple quick bounty runs and I was in a rush since I was running a little late and quit after I beat the 5th bounty without talking to Tyriel. Fail.

ironmang

Monsters "level up" with you, so that wouldn't help.

I've made to 70 on hard and elites felt riskier than Malth/Diablo. If you're not feeling it, put back on normal just for the bosses.

Oh I've been playing on normal this whole time lol. Didn't occur to me to switch to a harder difficulty.

Laconic

Banned
Going for the plat, what class is best for hc leveling?

Honestly, I think Sader would be best.

Keep it close to the hip, on Expert at the highest, and you ought to be pretty much bulletproof.

But what do I know?

I leveled a DH to 30 in vanilla, for THAT plat.

Anyone want to trade me some Merauder stuff for a demon hunter?

Things of interest I have:

Some Akkhan gear (pants/shoulders)
Lots of wizard stuff (mirror ball, firebird gear, magefist etc...)
Plenty of Vyr set gear
Some interesting amulets (Rakoffs, leoric, blackthorne, travelers pledge, Halcyon's)
Cain set gear
Some Tal Rusha set gear
Cindercoat/Goldskin/Shi Mizu's

And other random stuff.

Laconic

Banned
Anyone want to trade me some Merauder stuff for a demon hunter?

Things of interest I have:

Some Akkhan gear (pants/shoulders)
Lots of wizard stuff (mirror ball, firebird gear, magefist etc...)
Plenty of Vyr set gear
Some interesting amulets (Rakoffs, leoric, blackthorne, travelers pledge, Halcyon's)
Cain set gear
Some Tal Rusha set gear
Cindercoat/Goldskin/Shi Mizu's

And other random stuff,

What main stat on the Cindercoat?

Audioboxer

Thanks, yea, it'll probably take a few, I don't think I've ever gotten 3 sockets on a re-roll.

--

ugh I went home for lunch for a couple quick bounty runs and I was in a rush since I was running a little late and quit after I beat the 5th bounty without talking to Tyriel. Fail.

I got 3 sockets on mine on like the 5-6th roll lol ;(

This game. Swings and roundabouts with luck.

dralla

I got 3 sockets on mine on like the 5-6th roll lol ;(

This game. Swings and roundabouts with luck.

Yea it seems that way. I get a decent amount of legendary drops but it's always weapons and rings, I've never gotten a chest piece of legs or anything I actually need, damn you!

I still need to re-roll my Crimson boots first though, I want that set bonus since I'm using the pants already. Still have yet to see another Akkhan. I bumped it up to T3 on bounties and it went pretty well. Gonna try T3 rifts later tonight. Hopefully that'll help with some drops.

Audioboxer

Yea it seems that way. I get a decent amount of legendary drops but it's always weapons and rings, I've never gotten a chest piece of legs or anything I actually need, damn you!

I still need to re-roll my Crimson boots first though, I want that set bonus since I'm using the pants already. Still have yet to see another Akkhan. I bumped it up to T3 on bounties and it went pretty well. Gonna try T3 rifts later tonight. Hopefully that'll help with some drops.

Hows the chest as it stands? :/ Definitely needing the 3 slots? Yeah if you can get one more piece the +500STR bonus is great.

I'm beginning to wonder if end-game builds would be best with a mixture of armour! I'm just happy enough to have my set for now lol.

bobawesome

Sounds like you haven't been playing 2.1 or known about the changes all that well.

Greater Rifts
New items, which for some classes makes them better like crusaders
Legendary Gems
Seasons, which blizzard has said for now isn't going to be to making the console

These 4 alone shut down your argument and until conoles get goblin vault or boon of the hoarder lets leave this silliness where it belongs.

2.1 on pc is like what the console version of D3 is to vanilla D3 on the pc.

You uh...may wanna reread what they wrote. They weren't arguing in favor of the console version.

Audioboxer

The Diablo grind can wear you down, especially when your luck is in the shitter.

But what I find is hours or maybe a day or two later I'm thinking about it again and trying once more to perfect my build.

How do you get The Last of Us rift by the way? Is that just luck?

I think a lot of people over look the reduced level requirement skill on items for alts. A yellow item with 24 level reduction will make leveling low characters a breeze compared to level appropriate legendaries.

Audioboxer

I think a lot of people over look the reduced level requirement skill on items for alts. A yellow item with 24 level reduction will make leveling low characters a breeze compared to level appropriate legendaries.

I've had some level 60 legendaries with like level reduction 24, it was pretty crazy lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I had this on my demon hunter and it made leveling SO FAST. I think I leveled almost all in Torment 3.

dralla

Hows the chest as it stands? :/ Definitely needing the 3 slots? Yeah if you can get one more piece the +500STR bonus is great.

I'm beginning to wonder if end-game builds would be best with a mixture of armour! I'm just happy enough to have my set for now lol.

Not sure. I haven't checked since I was short on time. My current chest has 3 red gems in it so I would imagine it's better as is, it also has a Fist of the Heavens damage bonus which is nice. And the Finery passive skill on top of that. Must...keep...grinding

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game has got me sprung something fierce. I've got a level 70 Crusader, Demon Hunter, and now Barbarian and am at Paragon 160.

Seems like everytime I create a new character I like the game more than I did the character before and my drive to make a powerful, Torment-capable character worthy of envy just grows.

Now I'm on Witch Doctor which, I noticed, they've changed quite a bit since Vanilla D3 (Where I put hundreds of hours into a Witch Doctor). First of all, pets don't completely suck now. There's also been tons of small adjustments to make formerly useless spells quite good. I just hope Zombie Bears is as crazy-good as it used to be. :)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I finally made the jump to next gen :)

Can someone answer me a quickie? If I play the PS4 version of Diablo 3, and my brother plays the PC version of Reaper of Souls, is it possible for us to connect online to do coop/play together? If not, has Blizzard mentioned making it a feature in the future?

Golgi_Apparati

Neo Member

Can someone answer me a quickie? If I play the PS4 version of Diablo 3, and my brother plays the PC version of Reaper of Souls, is it possible for us to connect online to do coop/play together? If not, has Blizzard mentioned making it a feature in the future?

Not gonna happen unfortunately

Audioboxer

Not sure. I haven't checked since I was short on time. My current chest has 3 red gems in it so I would imagine it's better as is, it also has a Fist of the Heavens damage bonus which is nice. And the Finery passive skill on top of that. Must...keep...grinding

Yeah it will be till you can roll 3 slots on the chest I gave you. I only gave you enough resources for one roll.

If you find a second Akkhan piece or I do and I have some more resources I'll send more over.

I definitely think 2 pieces are worth it for the STR bonus, it's just what two pieces will fit with your build if you're not going full set.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Nope the console and pc platform will never be merged or some of the better features on either.

Audioboxer

Not a single nemesis in probably 12 hours of playtime this weekend, I need more Diablo 3 friends.

Looking at the guide for best Monk gear and weapons I realize I have non of it lol, my quest for it will be fun.

Someones Nemesis absolutely flattened me last night, and when I say flattened I mean like 3~4 hit killed me. Brutal. lol.

Again for the new page my PSN is Audioboxer

The Crusader is definitely a change up from the Wizard. With the Wizard, you have to consistently worry about not getting pummeled. With my Crusader, I'm tanking everything. lol

Loving it so far. Almost to 70 thanks to a couple of people helping me power level.

Audioboxer

The Crusader is definitely a change up from the Wizard. With the Wizard, you have to consistently worry about not getting pummeled. With my Crusader, I'm tanking everything. lol

Loving it so far. Almost to 70 thanks to a couple of people helping me power level.

Wait till torment levels, Crusaders aren't squishy but prepare yourself to need to move around a bit. In other words don't get comfortable standing still and button mashing :p

aett

Finally got to Act V, but I'm only level 46 or so.

Fortunately, I increased the difficulty to Hard early on to get some extra exp. Every time I tried increasing it up another level, however, I would run into problems with the more difficult enemies. Even on Hard, most blue enemies (at least in acts 3 and 4) would be massive damage sponges and would often gang up on me, but at least I could beat them eventually.

I want to increase the difficulty to gain a lot more exp so I guess I'm asking for some recommendations for Demon Hunter builds, especially those that would work for my general level.

Audioboxer

Finally got to Act V, but I'm only level 46 or so.

Fortunately, I increased the difficulty to Hard early on to get some extra exp. Every time I tried increasing it up another level, however, I would run into problems with the more difficult enemies. Even on Hard, most blue enemies (at least in acts 3 and 4) would be massive damage sponges and would often gang up on me, but at least I could beat them eventually.

I want to increase the difficulty to gain a lot more exp so I guess I'm asking for some recommendations for Demon Hunter builds, especially those that would work for my general level.

Demon hunters really seem to be a second choice for a new player :/ I done the highest difficulty from the start easily as a crusader.

By second choice I mean as you can craft some decent gear from the get go with all your resources.

hydruxo

DH is hard because you have to kite alot since you can't take much damage. Crusader you can pretty much just stand in the middle of mobs and blast them over and over.

Recall

I've read that if you choose to make a new character that it is best to do adventure mode yet aren't you just a level 1 character, how do you survive? Or have I got my wires crossed?

aett

I can't wait for 2.1 to come to the PS4 version. Looks like my defense will go up a hell of a lot on top of most of my skills getting a significant damage boost.

Additionally: all the best armor (chest, and most of the legs) I've been finding for the last 10+ levels have been bright gold and not only look ugly but feel totally at odds with the Demon Hunter's style. Hopefully I'll find something better soon.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Joining people online and there sure is a lot of standing around :/

pre 2.1 this is all the game is publically. If you are rifting have plenty of shards open up for others and become everyone best friend. Call votekicks on the lazy or freeloading.

aett Demons hunters before 2.1 are in the top 3 and easily the best sustained dps. In 2.1 they are easily the best dps class sans the one barb that manage to pimp himself to a greater rift level of 43.

hydruxo

I've read that if you choose to make a new character that it is best to do adventure mode yet aren't you just a level 1 character, how do you survive? Or have I got my wires crossed?

You can do adventure mode on whatever difficulty you want. Once you feel like one difficulty is getting too easy, you can move up to the harder one just like in the campaign.

dralla

Yeah it will be till you can roll 3 slots on the chest I gave you. I only gave you enough resources for one roll.

If you find a second Akkhan piece or I do and I have some more resources I'll send more over.

I definitely think 2 pieces are worth it for the STR bonus, it's just what two pieces will fit with your build if you're not going full set.

I just found a helm, with a socket too. I'm gonna have two pieces of Akkhan and two of Crimson. It's gonna be a bitch trying to get good re-rolls on all these ahh

edit. I've got 3 King Crimson pieces, 2 Invoker pieces, and once re-roll the Akkhan chest, I'll have 2 of those. My "DPS" has dropped a little but all the buffs make me dish out more damage than ever.

subwilde

So I got my wizard to 70 and I got a Mirrorball but it's doesn't seem to add another magic missle. It's in my OH. Am I doing it wrong?

I was hoping for a Wizchester rifle build ;)

Top Bottom