• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Aiii

So not worth it
And so...
10446027_894798493883119_7672208246595868298_o.jpg
My grind has ended.

Well, not really, as I'm far from done playing this game. But at least now I have some time to finish TWD Season 2 and start Danganronpa 2. :D

Chesskid1

Banned
Is it just me or is the auto save on the ps4 version really unpredictable? I remember quitting after I saw the spinning disc in the corner, but coming back to it I'm behind yet again from where I thought I left off. Is there a sure-fire way to save where you are?

adjust sound or the banner thingy

Is it just me or is the auto save on the ps4 version really unpredictable? I remember quitting after I saw the spinning disc in the corner, but coming back to it I'm behind yet again from where I thought I left off. Is there a sure-fire way to save where you are?
Hit Options and choose Quit from the menu. It'll save as you quit out to the character select screen. Be sure to let it finish. :p

Level 58 and just finished Act V and opened up adventure mode.

What's the most efficient way to get experience to hit 70 quickly?
Just grind bounties and rifts at the highest difficulty you can clear quickly. If you do the acts labeled Bonus on the world map, you get double shards.

Edit:
adjust sound or the banner thingy
Nice.

Korezo

And so...

My grind has ended.

Well, not really, as I'm far from done playing this game. But at least now I have some time to finish TWD Season 2 and start Danganronpa 2. :D

Is their a way to check how many bounty were done and how many treasure goblins were killed.

So for channeling breakpoints, I wanna push my attack speed as high as possible without crossing over to the next higher breakpoint, as to maximize my damage-per-AP?

If so, if I'm at AS 1.21, should I use PP to bump it to 1.25, even if taking those points away from crit damage might yield a lower overall DPS, for example?

Chesskid1

Banned
i'm still playing on my first character. i'm level 30 paragon and i usually play expert, but sometimes play master if i want a challenge. how bad am i at this game?

LordAlu

I'm determined to find a good build for Monk. Defense and healing are incredible, but I just can't seem to find a way to hit hard enough.
With the equipment and setup I've currently got my normal DPS is 360k and when my weapon procs it jumps to 600k. Mantra makes me pretty much invincible so I can just grind through.

Need to get my Sunwuko set so I can spam Sweeping Wind for mega weapon damage.

With the equipment and setup I've currently got my normal DPS is 360k and when my weapon procs it jumps to 600k. Mantra makes me pretty much invincible so I can just grind through.

I'm starting to think I need to bail on Mantra of Healing and Serenity. It's nice to not die, but I need damage.

Sweeping Wind doesn't seem to do much for me.

My sheet DPS is 450k, but with fire and skill procs, I don't know what it is. That's barely enough to deal with T2! I'm either SSS or Epiphany/Fire with around 60% cooldown reduction, throwing nonstop waves of light, and I still can't seem to do enough damage. I'm just hoping for lots of leg. drops to see what's possible and where I can go from here.

It doesn't help that the weapons that drop have bad rolls for my build and require enchanting, but they're socketless.

Raptor

Waht Diff are you on?

Im on Master and my DPS is 85k or something and I can pretty much on hit everything, I guess I need to go Torment 1 at least.

Im Monk aswell.

Okay, Conflagration debuffs burnt mobs for 3 seconds. What if the burning effect has a duration of its own? Will the 3-second burn of Ignite keep refreshing the Conflagration timer until the Ignite expires, giving you a total of 6 seconds of debuff per ignition?

If I use Disintegrate: Convergence, does the Conflagration expire 3s after I hit the button, or 3s after I release it?

CyberChulo

Definitely playable, text is small but legible. I have vita 2K, some say the lcd screen looks sharper than the oled on the 1K model, not sure if that makes a difference in terms of readability.

Yes I agree with this. I have both the oled and the 2k screen and I used to get blurry eyes after playing with the oled screen for a while. After I switched to the 2k screen,you eyes haven't felt tired at all. Plus it's way more comfortable to hold. Played several sessions of Diablo while at work and it's pretty much perfect except for the R2 being in the top right corner on the touchpad.

cjp

I'm still annoyed there's no background image and music for Diablo on the PS4 overview screen. If indie developers with limited resources can stretch to including them, I don't see why Blizzard couldn't.

I wanted to suggest it on their forum but it doesn't let you create a topic in the console sub forum without having a PC character created. Sigh.

LordAlu

Waht Diff are you on?

Im on Master and my DPS is 85k or something and I can pretty much on hit everything, I guess I need to go Torment 1 at least.

Im Monk aswell.
I can farm T2 and can manage T3 well enough too. T4 is a bit too much - if I'm careful enough to pull only one blue/yellow set at a time I can just about manage, but even then certain combinations will still kill me.

I use Flying Dragon as my weapon though, which doubles my attack speed when it procs. Combined with Way of the Hundred Fists it procs pretty often, which gives me enough spirit generation to spam Mantra of Healing, essentially making me invincible on T2 and almost so on T3.

Audioboxer

Awesome. Thanks!

Yep. From the caches you get by doing bounties on normal. I got it pretty easily when I was looking for it on my Wizard but I'm getting frustrated on trying to find it with my Crusader. lol

Ready to come online, let me know your PSN and I'll send Darklight.

And for your RoRG did you farm on normal?

What class are you? I had an extra drop last night. I don't know the stats offhand but I think strength was the primary

Another Gaffer kindly sent me one, these are the stats

gYwINQB.jpg

I actually lost a little damage compared to the yellow ring I had (re-enchated something to get critical damage to make up a little), but the damage to elites is what counts. What stats are on yours?

i'm still playing on my first character. i'm level 30 paragon and i usually play expert, but sometimes play master if i want a challenge. how bad am i at this game?
Doesn't mean you're bad or good really - if you find yourself easily stomping elites - move up to the next difficulty. If you find basic enemies taking too long to kill, drop the difficulty down a level.

Audioboxer

Ready to come online, let me know your PSN and I'll send Darklight.

And for your RoRG did you farm on normal?
/QUOTE]
I added you earlier.

PSN: EnVy_CaLiBeR

Okay cool be on in 15. As for the ring, just a random cache on your current difficulty or did you speed farm on normal like many try to do? (apparently less chance of another legendary on torment taking the rings place, and obviously how quickly you can do it).

Raptor

I can farm T2 and can manage T3 well enough too. T4 is a bit too much - if I'm careful enough to pull only one blue/yellow set at a time I can just about manage, but even then certain combinations will still kill me.

I use Flying Dragon as my weapon though, which doubles my attack speed when it procs. Combined with Way of the Hundred Fists it procs pretty often, which gives me enough spirit generation to spam Mantra of Healing, essentially making me invincible on T2 and almost so on T3.

Jeez, T2 and 3?

I need to get going and get better gear and a better weapon, Im building a Lightning Monk so I need the Thinderfury and Won Khim Lau :p

Who knows when I will find those tho.

Okay cool be on in 15. As for the ring, just a random cache on your current difficulty or did you speed farm on normal like many try to do? (apparently less chance of another legendary on torment taking the rings place, and obviously how quickly you can do it).

Sorry I had missed that question originally lol. Edited it above but yeah I got it on normal and it took a while but I've been playing like a maniac lately. It actually took me a shorter amount of time on my Wizard. Got one on there within a couple of caches. Pure luck.

Audioboxer

Sorry I had missed that question originally lol. Edited it above but yeah I got it on normal and it took a while but I've been playing like a maniac lately. It actually took me a shorter amount of time on my Wizard. Got one on there within a couple of caches. Pure luck.

It AND the Golden Gorget of Leoric? Lucky beestard! Haha.

Act 1 runs? Think it can be done on Act 4 as well?

edit: Sent, hope its stats are decent enough for you. If not good luck getting a better one.

Gator86

And so...

My grind has ended.

Congrats! I'm almost there. Just need to finish leveling my barb and monk.

Voidance

If you guys are just sending out holy, strength SoJs, I'll take one! My 'sader could always use one of those bad boys.

PSN: Voidance

dralla

Oh god yes, I re-rolled my Akkhan chest from 1 socket to 3, only took me like 50 tries but whatever. I've got 3 different sets equipped with 3 different bonuses. Feels good man

Audioboxer

Oh god yes, I re-rolled my Akkhan chest from 1 socket to 3, only took me like 50 tries but whatever. I've got 3 different sets equipped with 3 different bonuses. Feels good man

The one I sent over? :) Remember I posted a trick where you can exit out of the game, it is cheating but sometimes re-rolling 50 times is a bit of a piss take.

What are your other sets by the way? Might work on getting them if they also favour the crusader?

Laconic

Banned

I am wearing only one set.

But it's a good one.

T5, all day, on auto-pilot.

Might of the Earth.

That, Unity, 19% Fire SoJ, Cindercoat, and a Devestator + Sunkeeper with +25% eilte combo, works well.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
It feels pretty gratifying to play in a four man T6 rift, though I hope I wasn't too much the weakest link of the group. The session yielded me a Wand Of Woh, and now I need to see if it will be the single item that transforms my Wizard. I also recently finished rounding up the WD Jade set, but I guess you need the Quetzacoatl hat to really make it work? That means I'll be in the hunt for a better RORG...

While I'm here -

PSN Sillysil. PS4.

If any of you are about to salvage any Level 70 Blackthorne's items of any kind, or an Intelligence based Wyrdward (the lightning stun ring), please mail it to me instead. I will do my best to compensate the consideration in the future, as my work weeks are very long.

I agree, I think the real challenge of the game comes from co-op, since there's so many instances where you can die, instantly. I found solo rift to be easy by comparison.

I have like 4-5 dif blackthorne boots, and a chest, maybe some other stuff. I can send you a message when I'm at home.

I definitely do have it, and socketed with a green gem from memory. Just need to wait on me getting home and I'll send it to you.

Think everyone is looking for a RRoG lol. Only thing that menace Kadala can't give us. I read it's better to farm it on normal? Any truth to this?

It's easier to get a group of 4, and farm split bounties (you each do a dif bounty at the same time.) in act 1, on normal

Got the barb decently geared. I rock lut socks, rrog, 3 piece immortal, and 3 piece earth, and 2 piece barb weapons and can solo t5 pretty easily, so I moved on. Also have 4 different kinds of those immunity necklaces, but I'm missing the arcane one, so if anyone wants to trade, I have some stuff in my stash. Tasker and Theo, Puzzle Ring, etc.

I started a hc wizard, and I ramped the difficulty up too early, and died at level 26 to wall trap/arcane beam bs. Started over again, and beat Diablo last night on hard, and I'm gonna finish off Malthiel, and get 70 before I go back to grinding chars in adventure mode.

dralla

The one I sent over? :) Remember I posted a trick where you can exit out of the game, it is cheating but sometimes re-rolling 50 times is a bit of a piss take.

What are your other sets by the way? Might work on getting them if they also favour the crusader?

Yep that's the one! The other sets are King Crimson, 3 pieces, which gives me %20 cool down bonus on abilities and 2,000 life per second. And 2 pieces of Invoker gear, which I think is 4,000 damage to melee and ranged attackers. The invoker bonus doesn't mean much to me but the gear itself is really good, big critical attack bonus, strength bonus, and high armor.All my gear has buffs on my attacks too, my Fist of the Heavens is almost plus 40 percent. I'm not sure if any of this is good specifically for a Crusader, but I love that 20% cooldown bonus, it really fits with my play style.

AEREC

Really thinking about getting the PS4 version...Ive had the PC version since launch and despite putting 60 hours into it, I did not enjoy it. Picked it back up when they killed the RMAH and released Reaper of Souls and enjoyed it a bit more.

The idea of playing this with a controller actually sounds very appealing...does it control much better than K/M?

Really thinking about getting the PS4 version...Ive had the PC version since launch and despite putting 60 hours into it, I did not enjoy it. Picked it back up when they killed the RMAH and released Reaper of Souls and enjoyed it a bit more.

The idea of playing this with a controller actually sounds very appealing...does it control much better than K/M?

I think so. I've played Diablo on the PC since the original was released and this is my first foray into playing on a console. I've been really impressed with how well Blizzard has adapted it. Granted, it's obvious the console ports influenced a lot of their design decisions with Diablo 3, but it really plays like a dream. It almost becomes like an action game, like an updated version of Gauntlet. It's really fun. I've already sunk way more time into this than I did on the PC version, and I'm still playing the first character I rolled.

HORRORSHØW

nah. i do t6 with a monk using jb, odyn son, and the 1k storm set. the jb is pretty badly rolled too. just stack lightning and toughness.

BxsIk18CUAAB6de.jpg

Got some Akkhan boots for anyone who has a decent spare Stone of Jordan, Fate of Fell, or Hellskull.

Edit: Or a Akkhan helm. Just picked it up. Lol

Top Bottom