• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

dralla

Hey guys, how about that lightning power - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5TFt6LdtmQ&list=UUQxzUVS_9SuF5V5S5Jv64MA

I found a new amulet which heals me whenever I take arcane damage, so no more deaths from those stupid pink lasers! Right after I got it, there was an area with enemies in a narrow hallway with 4 of them laid on the ground, my teammates all hung back, I rolled right through him and flanked all the enemies, felt so good...those things are the bane of my existence. It also had some other nice properties and boosted my DPS. Only downside is no gem slot.. And I found another piece of the Akkhan and it had pretty much perfect properties for me.

After a few good drops, I went from this..

ifpOwHowqveZu.jpg

to this..

iZzhfWigkYw43.jpg

No fucks given about armor, I regenerate health so quickly. Shield is a transmorph. The texture on the wolf shield is so low res, it was annoying me. And still have not seen the wolf pop out, what the fuuuck

No fucks given about armor, I regenerate health so quickly. Shield is a transmorph. The texture on the wolf shield is so low res, it was annoying me. And still have not seen the wolf pop out, what the fuuuck

Is that the Defender of Westmarch shield? I've never found one, can anyone trade it, or even just lend it so I can add the transmog and give it back?

ZenaxPure

Anyone have suggestions for a good active wrath skill for crusader? All of them do comparable, rather mediocre DPS.

Honestly outside of Torment 6 stuff all of their wrath spenders are fine. If they aren't doing enough damage for you it means you are probably playing on too high a difficulty (or if you are level 70 you might just need better gear or to do some rerolls). Pretty much all the spenders are usable until T3 or T4 as long as you have gear with good stats.

Korezo

I've had to quit many rifts when I solo as DH because I'll get a zone that's so small crowded with elites and enemies with no place to run that their is nothing I can do but quit....

HORRORSHØW

I've had to quit many rifts when I solo as DH because I'll get a zone that's so small crowded with elites and enemies with no place to run that their is nothing I can do but quit....

try lowering the difficulty. i know you can change it to one lower or one higher than the one you start on.

Audioboxer

I'd say a little less than 20. And I did it split. Just joined other people's games who were also going for the caches.

Done 15 already alone and nothing, grrrr. I am doing it on master so I still get some XP/Gold bonus. Pretty much 1 shot everything anyway still. Will keep going until I get it, at least I'm getting a ton of rift key fragments and have maxed out Kadals shards at ~500 (so I spend one or two goes on her each time to bring me back under cap).

Also, I got a gift in the mail last night that was The Butchers weapon :D That's really cool. Hope it can be transmog'd!

Just killed someone else's Nemesis as well and sent a gift. I love how the controller starts to rumble when a Nemesis is coming.

Edit: Hah! The Butchers sickle just dropped as a legendary for me as well now. Gift was his axe :D

Laconic

Banned
Done 15 already alone and nothing, grrrr. I am doing it on master so I still get some XP/Gold bonus. Pretty much 1 shot everything anyway still. Will keep going until I get it, at least I'm getting a ton of rift key fragments and have maxed out Kadals shards at ~500 (so I spend one or two goes on her each time to bring me back under cap).

Also, I got a gift in the mail last night that was The Butchers weapon :D That's really cool. Hope it can be transmog'd!

Just killed someone else's Nemesis as well and sent a gift. I love how the controller starts to rumble when a Nemesis is coming.

Edit: Hah! The Butchers sickle just dropped as a legendary for me as well now. Gift was his axe :D

The single best way to do caches runs for RoRGs, is to have a Sader with 40% or better cooldown, Lord Commander selected, Swiftmount equipped, be on normal, and enter and exit to character until the Skeleton King bounty is your boss run... because it and the adjoining quests are the shortest runs, imo.

Perma Steed. It is SO good.

h3ro

Is that the Defender of Westmarch shield? I've never found one, can anyone trade it, or even just lend it so I can add the transmog and give it back?

You got it! I'll send one over when I get home after work today. I have both the Defender (the wolf one) and Denial, I'll send both over to you so you have the transmog.

Also, my goodness Kadala, give me my Akkhans Helm! It's the only piece I need! I don't need more paperweights.

Laconic

Banned
You got it! I'll send one over when I get home after work today. I have both the Defender (the wolf one) and Denial, I'll send both over to you so you have the transmog.

Also, my goodness Kadala, give me my Akkhans Helm! It's the only piece I need! I don't need more paperweights.

Evenif you get it...

...she'll still call it a paper weight.

For a merchant, she lacks in the value appraisal department.

Audioboxer

The single best way to do caches runs for RoRGs, is to have a Sader with 40% or better cooldown, Lord Commander selected, Swiftmount equipped, be on normal, and enter and exit to character until the Skeleton King bounty is your boss run... because it and the adjoining quests are the shortest runs, imo.

Perma Steed. It is SO good.

My cool down bonuses almost give me perma steed. Only like 2 seconds to wait.

It's boring but I've gathered about 3 green armour set plans and some legndary weapon plans. No idea if the sets are really end game useable but may be good for transmog.

Laconic

Banned
My cool down bonuses almost give me perma steed. Only like 2 seconds to wait.

It's boring but I've gathered about 3 green set plans and some weapon plans. No idea if the sets are really end game useable but may be good for transmog.

On normal, you ought to be able to mix and match to get that cooldown.

What's your PSN? I will craft you up some Capt. Crimson pieces.

Beyond utility in groups, or a Wong Kim + Rimeheart with Furnace on switch, I've not heard of such, sadly. :/

I've at least found out that Monk needs to dual wield... took me too long to face facts on that one.

Cooldown reduction seems to be the most important stat- I'm just gearing for that so I can stay in Epiphany as long as possible. Epiphany, SSS and Serenity- those 3 skills with really good cooldown seems to be the ticket right now.

Audioboxer

On normal, you ought to be able to mix and match to get that cooldown.

What's your PSN? I will craft you up some Capt. Crimson pieces.

I'm doing master so I can still paragon level. Hah captain crimson was one of the sets that dropped for me :D I'll do it myself. 4 pieces of Akkhans gives 50% cool down and 2 pieces of captains crimson gives 10%.

Edit: Ahhh wait akkhans has to be enabled for the 50% cool down, just noticed that.

dralla

It is, but like I said it's ugly in person, the texture is blurry and ugly. The stats on the thing are great. 31% block, big strength bonus, and a slot. The 'wolf' bonus sounds cool too but it doesn't work, at all. I wouldn't worry too much over the transmorph

Rifting without Akarat's Champion?

Such sacrilege. You should be expelled from the order, and have your crusader status revoked.

AC is boring to me, and the cool down is redic. I'm sure it's effective but nahhh

--

One of the people who joined my party last night was a high level Wizard, floating around all purple-y and messing shit up. I have a level 30 Wizard but I'm not sure I can level it up when I have my decked out Crusader available.

I think T2 rifts are the 'sweet spot' for quick farming/grinding. Whenever I set it to T3 no joins me game, but as soon as I set it to T2 the room is filled. It's quicker too obviously and you feel like a total powerhouse.

Laconic

Banned
I'm doing master so I can still paragon level. Hah captain crimson was one of the sets that dropped for me :D I'll do it myself. 4 pieces of Akkhans gives 50% cool down and 2 pieces of captains crimson gives 10%.

Edit: Ahhh wait akkhans has to be enabled for the 50% cool down, just noticed that.

That is why Shotgun is such a hard class to gear for, lol.

Cooldown on pieces is a must, so is getting at least 40:400 CC:CD, you want at least 60% Holy Damage, and on top of that, you want to somehow squeeze in at least one skill % roll for Heaven's Fury.

Good luck.

During my pursuit of such fine rare pieces of Akk, I wound up getting enough stuff to actually get a very viable MotE Barb build running. That Barb auto-pilots T5. My Sader is still doin' her T3~4 thing, hoping for another incremental upgrade or six to drop.

Audioboxer

That is why Shotgun is such a hard class to gear for, lol.

Cooldown on pieces is a must, so is getting at least 40:400 CC:CD, you want at least 60% Holy Damage, and on top of that, you want to somehow squeeze in at least one skill % roll for Heaven's Fury.

Good luck.

During my pursuit of such fine rare pieces of Akk, I wound up getting enough stuff to actually get a very viable MotE Barb build running. That Barb auto-pilots T5. My Sader is still doin' her T3~4 thing, hoping for another incremental upgrade or six to drop.

Yeah my Akkhan pieces aren't great drops at all, but the build has been doing okay for me in T4 with the stone of Jordan giving me 26% elite damage.

Just going to keep trucking for this damn RRoG and see how it goes. It would be replacing a hellfire ring which is actually quite good, but I'm caught up in the hype and illusiveness of the ring.

I have the helm. If you want it, it's yours. Just shoot me your PSN.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah my Akkhan pieces aren't great drops at all, but the build has been doing okay for me in T4 with the stone of Jordan giving me 26% elite damage.

Just going to keep trucking for this damn RRoG and see how it goes. It would be replacing a hellfire ring which is actually quite good, but I'm caught up in the hype and illusiveness of the ring.

I have a spare Dex one. If you need it, it is yours.

I am not using my Str RoRG on my Barb right now, but if I ever take him into a public group, I'll need it. That and the fact that it has a natural socket, make me want to hold onto it, for the upcoming 2.1 update.

If I find another, I'll shoot it your way. I have at least 20 caches that I still need to open.

Audioboxer

I have a spare Dex one. If you need it, it is yours.

I am not using my Str RoRG on my Barb right now, but if I ever take him into a public group, I'll need it. That and the fact that it has a natural socket, make me want to hold onto it, for the upcoming 2.1 update.

If I find another, I'll shoot it your way. I have at least 20 caches that I still need to open.

I would need to re-roll that STR though wouldn't I for Crusader?

What's changing with the 2.1 update as well? :)

Laconic

Banned
I would need to re-roll that STR though wouldn't I for Crusader?

What's changing with the 2.1 update as well? :)

Lol - I meant for a Dex class of your own.

You really want to save that enchant roll for CC or CD. Or cooldown, if you scored one of the previous.

In 2.1, we are getting Legendary Gems. They are... quite good.

Audioboxer

Lol - I meant for a Dex class of your own.

You really want to save that enchant roll for CC or CD. Or cooldown, if you scored one of the previous.

In 2.1, we are getting Legendary Gems. They are... quite good.

Oh right lol, I have a Demon Hunter at level 60 I carried over from my PS3 save. Monk is dex as well right? I think my next character will be a Monk. Really struggled to enjoy playing as a DH.

What about if you roll a dex character? Or do you have more than one dex ring?

Raptor

Grimløck;130331930 said:
nah. i do t6 with a monk using jb, odyn son, and the 1k storm set. the jb is pretty badly rolled too. just stack lightning and toughness.

BxsIk18CUAAB6de.jpg

Can you give me your strategy as in what skills active and passive you use and what I should look for to have that kind of DPS?

Looks pure insanity.

Laconic

Banned
Oh right lol, I have a Demon Hunter at level 60 I carried over from my PS3 save. Monk is dex as well right? I think my next character will be a Monk. Really struggled to enjoy playing as a DH.

What about if you roll a dex character? Or do you have more than one dex ring?

Yessir, yes I do.

Roll that Monk.

I think I have an old vanilla Hellfire to expedite the process.

Anyone have a Thundergod's Vigor belt or Unity ring for trade? They are the last couple of pieces I need for my lightning fist crusader. PSN: youngadultnovel

Laconic

Banned
Hah I love it! Mines is Audioboxer, just added you.

Coolness. I can boot up for bit, in like 15 and send it before I jet out for most of the day.

Oooooh! I will totally trade you for one - do you have anything in particular you're looking for? I won't be on till later tonight around 7 or 8 CST.

I will give it to you for free. But I am totally not adverse to a Kridershot, if you've a spare. If not, it's cool - it is yours, regardless.

Raptor

I put it on Torment 1 last night to see whats up and Im fine most of the time but once a group of Elites comes up Im screwed, had to lower it to Master again.

Fuck I need Monk gear and kadala is just mean, also Rifts gives me Legendaries but not for Monks but DH or WD or Wizards lols.

:(

rSpooky

So I get this text from my wife with a pic from a which doctor magic mojo item drop she got just now named " Prosperous Thing That SHould Not Be Of Phantoms"

LOL

I guess that is a result of procedureal item generation?

Audioboxer

Is there any benefit to saving up a bunch of act 1 caches and opening them all at once? Just wondering if the pity time could be exploited?

dralla

Is there any benefit to saving up a bunch of act 1 caches and opening them all at once? Just wondering if the pity time could be exploited?

Are there any differences between the cache's you get from each act? Or all the contents random regardless?

I wish they'd do something with bounty bonuses instead of double blood shards every time. Double XP, increased legendary drops, more elites, extra gold, ect. Vary it up

Audioboxer

Are there any differences between the cache's you get from each act? Or all the contents random regardless?

I wish they'd do something with bounty bonuses instead of double blood shards every time. Double XP, increased legendary drops, more elites, extra gold, ect. Vary it up

RoRG only drops from act 1 or act 4 cache. Consensus is it has a higher chance from act1. Away out just now, back to the grind later.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I believe it's been said earlier that the chance for legendaries increases if you open multiple at once. That's what I've done and out of a stock pile of a few dozen I usually get a handful.

A4's are random amongst all the different legendary cache items. The rest are only from a given specific act.

See: http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags/

I have like 4-5 dif blackthorne boots, and a chest, maybe some other stuff. I can send you a message when I'm at home.
I very much appreciate it.

I will give it to you for free. But I am totally not adverse to a Kridershot, if you've a spare. If not, it's cool - it is yours, regardless.

Thanks! I don't have a Kridershot at the moment but if I find one, its yours. Let me know if there's anything else you're looking for and I will keep an eye out.

Chesskid1

Banned
really having a fun time with my first character, a barb. approaching level 50 paragon. you level so fast.

anyways i used the same strats all the way to like level 30 paragon, and usually stayed on expert/master.

i found a ring of jordan with like +20 fire damage +27% to elites. it just seemed okay to me so i put it in my stash as my current rings looked better, but i kept it in the back of my mind as people say it's really good.

i found a very nice weapon with +fire damage even though my DPS dropped a bit.

i ended up stopping being stubborn and decided to experiment with skills as i've seen terms like "fire barb" thrown around while casually reading about diablo. i went ahead and switched to whirlwind fire damage and changed my other skills to fury generators and some buffs.

i was able to move up to torment i and now i'm starting to find piece sets and stuff. i really like discovering stuff by myself and i'm still having a blast. definitely gonna keep optimizing and may even start a new character soon.

i have a hard time choosing between +critical chance or +fire skill damage or +whirlwind damage

what are purple drops that happen sometimes?

Raptor

Doesn't matter where to farm weapons right? rifts, bounties, story mode, whatever Diff setting?

Im looking for a Thunderfury and a Won Khim Lau but no luck so far.

TheYanger

really having a fun time with my first character, a barb. approaching level 50 paragon. you level so fast.

anyways i used the same strats all the way to like level 30 paragon, and usually stayed on expert/master.

i found a ring of jordan with like +20 fire damage +27% to elites. it just seemed okay to me so i put it in my stash as my current rings looked better, but i kept it in the back of my mind as people say it's really good.

i found a very nice weapon with +fire damage even though my DPS dropped a bit.

i ended up stopping being stubborn and decided to experiment with skills as i've seen terms like "fire barb" thrown around while casually reading about diablo. i went ahead and switched to whirlwind fire damage and changed my other skills to fury generators and some buffs.

i was able to move up to torment i and now i'm starting to find piece sets and stuff. i really like discovering stuff by myself and i'm still having a blast. definitely gonna keep optimizing and may even start a new character soon.

i have a hard time choosing between +critical chance or +fire skill damage or +whirlwind damage

what are purple drops that happen sometimes?

I had to think hard about 'purple' drops...if you mean from Caches and Rift bosses, those are Blood Shards. They pick up automatically like gold and are listed next to it on your inventory. Talk to Kadala to gamble for stuff :)

Top Bottom