• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Argggh, a cache finally gave me leroics amulet (pretty decent!). No RoRG yet though. I'll press on!
if it makes you feel any better I once stored up 6 caches from act 1 bounties and when I unloaded them all I got 2 RoRG.

Also I'm still accepting donations for Marauder gear people!! Or trades.

Audioboxer

What would you guys do to try and roll the damage higher on the left?

DiabloIII_ReaperofSoulsndashUltimateEvilEditionEnglish_20140917213232.jpg

Just re-roll strength to try and get close to the max of 750, try for a socket (what to sacrifice?)

ZenaxPure

What would you guys do to try and roll the damage higher on the left?

For the Gorget? Drop All Resist for elemental damage. Ammys are not a place for gaining defensive stats and they're only 1 of 2 places you can get elemental damage (the other being bracers) which is one of the strongest stats in the game (way stronger than what your main stat can give you on that piece).

Audioboxer

Decided to sacrifice resist all element for a socket, as I can socket it in with a white gem if need be anyway. Guess what dropped, finally!

tCv5LoS.jpg

Bad roll, or am I going to have to sacrifice for this ring? What's so good about it anyway?

Krakn3Dfx

Picked up the PS4 version today and will be digging in tonight if anyone would like to add me as a friend. I have roughly 300 hours into the PC version and probably 50 hours into the PS3 vanilla D3, stoked to check out this version as well.

PSN ID is Krakn3dfx

AEREC

Picked up the PS4 version today and will be digging in tonight if anyone would like to add me as a friend. I have roughly 300 hours into the PC version and probably 50 hours into the PS3 vanilla D3, stoked to check out this version as well.

PSN ID is Krakn3dfx

Same here (feel free to add me...PSN same as user name). Lots of time put into the PC version but the controller sounds like the ideal way to play this.

Another question....is it possible to still get the SoTC and Last of Us bonus content?

dralla

After re-rolling some parts of my gear, I'm moving more and more towards a glass cannon type, my armor and vitality are plummeting by my speed and damage are going up. I sacrificed vitality for some movement speed on my boots and the added quickness makes it a little more fun. And got my attack speed back up which I was sorely missing.

ibruxTRJ5m2Ejl.jpg

I sacrificed vitality for some movement speed on my boots and the added quickness makes it a little more fun. And got my attack speed back up which I was sorely missing.

That doesn't seem like a lot of health at all, though. But I guess it doesn't matter so much if you're running Torment levels. All about dat DPS.

dralla

That doesn't seem like a lot of health at all, though. But I guess it doesn't matter so much if you're running Torment levels. All about dat DPS.

It's not a lot of health for sure. But I use Justice as my main attack so I keep my distance and generally avoid being hit. And I regenerate life so quickly.

It's really interesting to see Audioboxer's and my own character.. same class, same level, yet so different in looks and stats.

Audioboxer

It's not a lot of health for sure. But I use Justice as my main attack so I keep my distance and generally avoid being hit. And I regenerate life so quickly.

It's really interesting to see Audioboxer's and my own character.. same class, same level, yet so different in looks and stats.

I'm struggling a bit with my enchants and setup, especially with that RoRG I picked up. I'm going to post my whole setup tomorrow including current enchants and asked GAF for some help.

I just cleared a T4 rift okay, a few sketchy moments, never tied but need a few health potions.

I'm off to bed just now early start tomorrow. Diversity in builds is what makes D3 great :)

SURGEdude

Finally almost to level cap. Geez sure wish I had picked it up on 360 last year. Still never felt bored which is a testament to how far its come since I burned out after a dozen hours on vanilla PC around launch. Went back finally though and even without the expansion it is so much better. Blizzard really came through after a damn rocky start.

benjammin

Ready to come online, let me know your PSN and I'll send Darklight.

And for your RoRG did you farm on normal?

Another Gaffer kindly sent me one, these are the stats

gYwINQB.jpg

I actually lost a little damage compared to the yellow ring I had (re-enchated something to get critical damage to make up a little), but the damage to elites is what counts. What stats are on yours?

My SoJ is:

+15% fire skill dmg
+463 strength
+437 vitality
Increased wrath regen by 1.93 per sec
+150 poison resistance
+30% dmg to elites

Interested in trading for any akkhan gear other than a helm?

subwilde

I have 3 pieces of Tal Rasha for my wizard with the full set bonus from a RRoG. What's the next pieces I should be looking for? I'm using a TF right now as I haven't gotten any decent weapon drops. What's a common endgame wiz weapon?

Recall

Didn't like my monk once I got to torment so rolled a crusader and it's taken me about two days to get to level 61 just by doing all 5 acts bounties, resetting then repeating.

I play by myself yet have had plenty of fun, got into master difficulty at about level 40. Not sure how others were claiming you could get to 70 in just a few hours with adventure mode but I'm having a great time.

Pimpbaa

Finally almost to level cap. Geez sure wish I had picked it up on 360 last year. Still never felt bored which is a testament to how far its come since I burned out after a dozen hours on vanilla PC around launch. Went back finally though and even without the expansion it is so much better. Blizzard really came through after a damn rocky start.

Biggest turn around for a game ever.

HORRORSHØW

Can you give me your strategy as in what skills active and passive you use and what I should look for to have that kind of DPS?

Looks pure insanity.

sure. my skills are:

seven-sided strike: pandemonium
epiphany: desert shroud
dashing strike: quicksilver
mantra of conviction: overawe
blinding flash: faith in the light
serenity: peaceful repose

passives:
momentum
fleet footed
one with everything
seize the initiative

essential equipment for this build are:
jawbreaker
odyn son (thunderfury/shard of hate is ok)
fists of thunder
mantle of the upside-down sinners
heart of the crashing wave
scales of the dancing serpent
eight-demon boots
the eye of the storm
thundergod's vigor
ring of royal grandeur
the amulet, other ring, and bracers should be stacking lightning% dmg.

not my video but this is what i'm essentially doing in torment 6.

the key is to keep moving. your only offense is your dash. all your other skills are to complement it and/or to keep you alive. it's a different playstyle that takes some getting used to.

Raptor

Grimløck;130491011 said:
sure. my skills are:

seven-sided strike: pandemonium
epiphany: desert shroud
dashing strike: quicksilver
mantra of conviction: overawe
blinding flash: faith in the light
serenity: peaceful repose

passives:
momentum
fleet footed
one with everything
seize the initiative

essential equipment for this build are:
jawbreaker
odyn son (thunderfury/shard of hate is ok)
fists of thunder
mantle of the upside-down sinners
heart of the crashing wave
scales of the dancing serpent
eight-demon boots
the eye of the storm
thundergod's vigor
ring of royal grandeur
the amulet, other ring, and bracers should be stacking lightning% dmg.

not my video but this is what i'm essentially doing in torment 6.

the key is to keep moving. your only offense is your dash. all your other skills are to complement it and/or to keep you alive. it's a different playstyle that takes some getting used to.

One with Everything is harmony right?

cant find the OWE Skill on the site.

Also you dont have a primary pure in and out like Flash destroying everything, looks fun lols.

HORRORSHØW

One with Everything is harmony right?

cant find the OWE Skill on the site.

Also you dont have a primary pure in and out like Flash destroying everything, looks fun lols.

yeah, i think they changed it in 2.1.

i tried it with a primary skill but i felt it wasn't worth it to stand in a mob and punch when it was better to zip around. of course you're kinda useless if you don't time your dashes correctly and run out of charges.

You got it! I'll send one over when I get home after work today. I have both the Defender (the wolf one) and Denial, I'll send both over to you so you have the transmog.

Also, my goodness Kadala, give me my Akkhans Helm! It's the only piece I need! I don't need more paperweights.

Awesome, thanks. If I find another akkhan helm, I'l post it. :)

It is, but like I said it's ugly in person, the texture is blurry and ugly. The stats on the thing are great. 31% block, big strength bonus, and a slot. The 'wolf' bonus sounds cool too but it doesn't work, at all. I wouldn't worry too much over the transmorph

Transmogs are what I'm playing for now that I have all the loot and the build I want.

Is there an alternate 2h flail transmog out there to replace fate of the fell? I hate it that the other 2h weapon transmogs can't be used with 2h flails :(

So beautiful, my new FotF (stats without Akarat's Champion up) - (Holy Shotgun build)

stats WITH Akarat's Champion up (which is up 99% of the time) -

I have about 50% crit, 53% CDR, 375ish CD, 60ish holy dmg, 45ish heaven fury dmg, etc

Beast!

Looks great, how are you surviving with that low defense though? I dropped dps from 1.1k to 950k in order to bump up defense from 750k to 950k. More viable for T6 survival.

Also, which transmogs are you using for the helm and armor?

I'm new to this type of game and I have no clue what most of you are talking about in this thread.

However, this game is amazing and I'm completely addicted to it. With FIFA coming out next week my wife is going to be pissed at me for quite a while.

Helscream

Banned
So I actually did a rift earlier today that had 10 levels.

Of course it lead to nothing special and didn't get a goddamn thing. Then I also realized that I broke One Million kills earlier today as well.

About roughly 670k of those kills were obtained in D3 vanilla on the PS3 version. And a majority of those 670k kills were for getting to paragon 100. What humors me is since getting 330k kills on D3:UEE I went from paragon 100 to paragon 450.

oh man, I had to fight a shitty rift guardian before that kept spawning mobs and tornadoes. And then he kept pulling me over to wherever he was, which was always right in the middle of the mobs he kept spamming.

HORRORSHØW

anyone need any int gear? a fresh rorg just dropped for me. i have other int stuff i've been accumulating on my witch doctor and wizard.

Grimløck;130545518 said:
anyone need any int gear? a fresh rorg just dropped for me. i have other int stuff i've been accumulating on my witch doctor and wizard.

I could use some int gear for my wizard if possible. Psn: Jonsson

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Has this happened to anyone else? Been playing Adventure Mode for a while now, and ever since the last bugfix patch (I'm on PS3), every time I warp to a new chapter, I get "Failed" messages for two different cursed chest events. I can't tell what they are because the two messages are on top of one another, making it impossible to read. This happens every time I go to a new chapter. It's pretty annoying, though I don't know if it's actually affecting anything. I sure hope not.

Anyway, yeah, anyone else had this happen?

drotahorror

Transmogs are what I'm playing for now that I have all the loot and the build I want.

Is there an alternate 2h flail transmog out there to replace fate of the fell? I hate it that the other 2h weapon transmogs can't be used with 2h flails :(

Looks great, how are you surviving with that low defense though? I dropped dps from 1.1k to 950k in order to bump up defense from 750k to 950k. More viable for T6 survival.

Also, which transmogs are you using for the helm and armor?

I know the 2h transmog thing wasn't aimed at me but yeah there's quite a few cool 2h flails. I hadn't changed mine yet since I just got that one this morning.

As for my toughness being so low, I dunno I can definitely survive in t6 even in 4 man party tanking it. Granted I can't stand in arcane beams and the like but it's very doable. I usually play solo though which is easier.

I will have to look and see what helm and armor is. Does it even tell? I can't remember.

As for my toughness being so low, I dunno I can definitely survive in t6 even in 4 man party tanking it. Granted I can't stand in arcane beams and the like but it's very doable. I usually play solo though which is easier.

I will have to look and see what helm and armor is. Does it even tell? I can't remember.

Yeah, solo is no problem but in a group it can be hard to survive with that low defense rating.

So wifey playing as wizard if anyone has any firebird pieces or important items I'll trade some flawless gems for them.

Also have been having crazy luck with RoRG if anyone needs lmk I'll send next one to you-

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

Audioboxer

So beautiful, my new FotF (stats without Akarat's Champion up) - (Holy Shotgun build)

I have about 50% crit, 53% CDR, 375ish CD, 60ish holy dmg, 45ish heaven fury dmg, etc

Beast!

What skills/runes do you use?

And shield/armour?

lol

Would like to try gear for a similar build.

Laconic

Banned
Thanks! I don't have a Kridershot at the moment but if I find one, its yours. Let me know if there's anything else you're looking for and I will keep an eye out.

What is your PSN?

I send you a message, but you never answered.

The electricity went out all night last night, after 7, so I wasn't able to send anything, regardless.

Laconic

Banned

Beast!

How do you manage to get 45% Heaven's Fury?

Where does it roll, beyond Chest?

And to get it on chest, you need to have natural sockets... damn it all. :/

Voidance

Grimløck;130545518 said:
If you have any Witch Doctor weapons or belts, I would much appreciate them!

PSN: Voidance

stn

Any XBL'ers on the 360 interested in helping boost a lvl. 50 crusader? I don't mean hacking or anything, I've just heard that doing torment bounty runs with good players gets you a ton of XP. And I'd really like to hit 70.

Thanks in advance!

I have never played a Diablo game before, but thinking of getting it on the PS4 after completing Velocity 2X and Rogue Legacy. Was wondering if anyone can advise how RPG heavy the game is compared to action.

Also is there a good starting character to play with, for a novice?

Raptor

I have never played a Diablo game before, but thinking of getting it on the PS4 after completing Velocity 2X and Rogue Legacy. Was wondering if anyone can advise how RPG heavy the game is compared to action.

The game is pure action from start to finish, RPG heavy as in skill trees and active and passive skills and all that or character dialogs, choices, story etc?

I don't even know whats most of the story nor what the people in it said 91% of the time since I almost pretty much skipped all.

I would suggest a Crusader for starting.

Your first question - it's definitely more action orientated than you think.

For your second, I would go with a Wizard or Crusader. Both have a good equal balance of defensive/offensive abilities.

Krakn3Dfx

Spent some time with the game on my Vita while I was at work this morning, it's unfortunate that Blizzard doesn't offer any sort of button remapping, it would be nice to remap R2 to R1 and just use the rear touch for less used stuff that doesn't need to be used in the heat of battle like teleporting. Otherwise, it works well, blew through 2 levels getting to the Skeleton King and then had to jump out to take care of actual work stuff.

I love remote play so much.

Top Bottom