• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pre Load avaliable and im like 2 hours away from my beloved PS4.
Hopefully tomorrow ill be there... WAIT FOR ME EMMA! (My PS3 was Monica, PS4 is Emma)

bidguy

Banned
wish we could preload this on xbox one

tuesday will be weird. i wont get anything done at the gym knowing this is waiting at home

JJD

Was going to state the same thing.

JJD look up build guides they are a good start though alter them for your own preference or console balance issues.

Thanks man!, I'm going to search for one!

I played Diablo 3 at launch on a mac with a wizard but I want to try something else!

Curufinwe

But the plat in D3 was so easy.. Amassing 5 million gold was probably the most time consuming trophy. I had to look on YT for the best cash run routes.

I mean, we could always save scum the level 70 hardcore character. But what happens if you die after gaining like 20 levels, and don't have the chance to backup your save. Also, sticking to low difficulty with a hardcore isn't time efficient. I believe once people start upping the difficulty to gain levels faster that's when the real test of patience begins.

With "Dream team" that's just a matter of how much time you're willing to put into the game. It will most likely be the last trophy people get.

I got D3 on 360 and got almost all the Achievements, but I still ended up millions of gold short of 5 million and had zero interest in grinding for it. I also finished up nowhere 100 treasure goblins.

Any way to transfer a save from PS3 to PS4 without the original disc yet?

I did the Export Save feature from the game (digital) and that stores it on Blizzard's servers. You can then just import that save when you play on PS4. I don't think there's any other way to export/import your save at the moment.

LCGeek

formerly sane
RoS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla

You guys are in for a treat.

The problem with RoS (on PC) was the lack of trading which made obtaining those final upgrades very frustrating, so I stopped playing.

With trading and also item gifting in the console version I can see myself getting all the good stuff for the builds I want to play. Can't wait :)

What lack of trading, unless you play solo it's not hard to pub or be in clan and get items for your characters. You can't trade gold or stuff from kadala everything else you can equip you can trade if you're there when it happens.

Admodieus

Thank you!

That looks like a damn blast to play! I keep reading about how the Monk class is low teir and isn't too strong in the end game but man does that look like fun.

Even in vanilla, the monk leveling experience from 1-60 was the most fun (IMO). Monks' weapons can be swords (one handed or two handed), polearms, daibos, and some fists. Monks are apparently going to get some changes in 2.1 (along with changes to Dexterity - in short, it will up their toughness and damage ability). I have a monk on PC without any class items that can run T2/T3 efficiently due to just insane lightning damage. People just want to be able to run T6 and monk isn't at a great spot without their new class set currently.

They are a great first class though and will pay dividends when you want to farm bounties due to the revamped Dashing Strike they got in RoS.

Danis

Neo Member
Can somebody who has the game please confirm that it's single screen play for couch co-op? The original post in this thread says that it is split screen, but I'm almost positive that it would be single screen cooperative play. Can anyone confirm? This is going to determine whether or not I purchased this game.

Helscream

Banned
So I can import my character.... My inventory / stash comes along too, right? Do the Jeweler and Blacksmith stay leveled to 10? I notice they tossed out the repetitious trophies from D3 vanilla like beating the bosses on incrementally harder difficulties.

Pretty much whatever progression you made in D3 Vanilla will carry over into Reaper of Souls.

ZenaxPure

I didn't know DH could melee. I've learned something new today

Yeah, it's pretty entertaining but the potential for it caps out pretty early (like Torment 3). Though that isn't that much different from everything else demon hunter has going on, Marauder set or bust basically.

Seth

Maybe a dumb question, but does this game install to the hard drive from the disc? Does it require the disc to play? FFXIV just installs and you don't nee the disc, so I'm wondering if a game like diablo does this as well.

There's no way I'll be able to get Father Anderson (my crusader) to dual weild two handed swords in each hand..(or one handed swords for that matter)..is there?

OmegaDL50

Maybe a dumb question, but does this game install to the hard drive from the disc? Does it require the disc to play? FFXIV just installs and you don't nee the disc, so I'm wondering if a game like diablo does this as well.

In regards for disc release titles on PS4 pretty much every game installs entirely to the HDD. FFXIV not requiring the disc after installing is more an exception and not the norm.

Every PS4 disc game I've played has pretty much always installed entirely to the console but still needed the disc inside the console to more or less verify you "owned" the game.

you need the disc- FFXIV required a bound account to work- this works like any other retail game- needs the disc to boot to menu

-and no you cannot dual wield 2H weapons in the game

but that would be crazy and actually make the crusader an interesting class

I really wish I didn't have to wait till Friday. Can't wait to try remote play.

Can somebody who has the game please confirm that it's single screen play for couch co-op? The original post in this thread says that it is split screen, but I'm almost positive that it would be single screen cooperative play. Can anyone confirm? This is going to determine whether or not I purchased this game.

The og console D3 was single screen. I doubt this would be any different.

you need the disc- FFXIV required a bound account to work- this works like any other retail game- needs the disc to boot to menu

How rude -__- (one of them Olson twins)
The crusader IS interesting, so many weird build options!:(

How about 1 handed weapons? I always get the impression the crusader HAS to have a shield, but I don't really want to use if it can be helped.. I'd also like to try for 3 permanent ghost summons to tear through elites with.

You can dual wield 2H weapons if there was a class like Goro from Mortal Kombat.

Kyoufu

What lack of trading, unless you play solo it's not hard to pub or be in clan and get items for your characters. You can't trade gold or stuff from kadala everything else you can equip you can trade if you're there when it happens.

That'd require me to play with other Barbarians in my group 100% of the time in order to trade, which is unfeasible.

Slaylock

I always played Diablo 1 and 2 with a Sorcerer. In these kind of games, I want to use magic exclusively, and never wield a weapon (other than a magic staff).

If I want to play this way in D3, is my only option a Wizard? Can any of the other classes be played magic-only?

lantus

So just got home and went to check and see if the game had at least started preloading. My console didn't start to download anything until I turned it back on from sleep. Usually automatic downloads start for me in sleep. Has this happened to anyone else? I wonder if there's another setting I haven't turned on.

LCGeek

formerly sane
That'd require me to play with other Barbarians in my group 100% of the time in order to trade, which is unfeasible.

Except there are communities which you apparently know nothing about. The same can be said for legendary drops you could play all day with a full group and still get jack if we are talking end game or really good items for late game.

I always played Diablo 1 and 2 with a Sorcerer. In these kind of games, I want to use magic exclusively, and never wield a weapon (other than a magic staff).

If I want to play this way in D3, is my only option a Wizard? Can any of the other classes be played magic-only?

Witch doctor as well.

Kyoufu

Except there are communities which you apparently know nothing about. The same can be said for legendary drops you could play all day with a full group and still get jack if we are talking end game or really good items for late game.

Witch doctor as well.

I don't get your point here. I played with friends and none of them were barbs. Why so defensive over the PC version? I played it for 500 hours.

bbjvc

I'm in AU, this game have 2 files, one is 20.5 GB, the other is 37.8 GB, they have the exact same name, no indication on what language in which file, does anyone know which to download if I just want English?

Top Bottom