• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

benjammin

So wifey playing as wizard if anyone has any firebird pieces or important items I'll trade some flawless gems for them.

Also have been having crazy luck with RoRG if anyone needs lmk I'll send next one to you-

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

I'll take one if you have one for a crusader. Let me know what you need in return and I can see what I have in my stash.

I also have a SoJ if anyone wants to trade for some akkhan gear other than a helm?

SURGEdude

Spent some time with the game on my Vita while I was at work this morning, it's unfortunate that Blizzard doesn't offer any sort of button remapping, it would be nice to remap R2 to R1 and just use the rear touch for less used stuff that doesn't need to be used in the heat of battle like teleporting. Otherwise, it works well, blew through 2 levels getting to the Skeleton King and then had to jump out to take care of actual work stuff.

I love remote play so much.

Yeah totally agree on the control mapping. It keeps it from being one of the best Remote Play games yet.

Brawl96

Hey guys, on the console character stat screen, what do the shield/sword/plus icons with the green and red arrows mean? Specifically differences between what the amount of arrows means?

Also, If anyone wants to play with a level 36 on PS4, add me Brawl96

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Hey guys, on the console character stat screen, what do the shield/sword/plus icons with the green and red arrows mean? Specifically differences between what the amount of arrows means?
In theory, the amount of increase or decrease in damage/health/life recovery that the given item has in comparison to what you have equipped in the similar slot at present.

In practice and particularly at level 70 end game builds, it can be misleading, particularly if you are trying to shoot for specific affixes. Where you're at, though, you can generally believe what the arrows say.

What makes the arrows misleading at that point:
Attacks - The game will account the comparison DPS figures on the basis of your APS (attacks per second). This means that with any two given items, one with an Increased Attack Speed increase will show a green arrow compared to one that is otherwise exactly similar but without the IAS. The issue here is that there are only so many given skills the players use which actually are performed as quickly as your APS value dictates. A main example of this are "pets" (Witch Doctor summons, Demon Hunter turrets) which attack at their own rate of speed. A Pet WD with 2 APS and 300K base damage will show 600K damage in the summary screen, but a Pet WD with 1 APS and 400K base damage will actually inflict more damage with the pets.

Defense - The game values Vitality much more highly than it does either element affixes (which includes Resist All) or armor, when the priority should really be on resistances before vitality. Vitality merely affects the raw value of your life bar, while armor and resists dictate what numeric value of damage is actually inflicted upon you. Given that the main way in which players gain life is through Life On Hit, which is also a static numeric value, it becomes all the more important to make your LOH as effective as possible, which therefore means that you should seek to make quantity of damage you incur as small as possible.

Sustain - This is the most misleading value, as the game attempts to make some kind of mass singular amount here on the basis of some sort of equation which accounts for all means in which you regain life. This means that it takes your Life On Hit value, Life on Kill value, and Increased Health from Potions value, and combines it into some kind of magical singular number. Logically, since you are not actually killing individual monsters nor using potions nearly as often as you are hitting enemies, this value fails to accurately convey how effective you are at recovering life.

Brawl96

In theory, the amount of increase or decrease in damage/health/life recovery that the given item has in comparison to what you have equipped in the similar slot at present.

In practice and particularly at level 70 end game builds, it can be misleading, particularly if you are trying to shoot for specific affixes. Where you're at, though, you can generally believe what the arrows say.

What are the differences between the 3 stats and how do they change my character? I get damage is how much damage you deal per attack, but what do the numbers for armor and health correlate to?

drotahorror

For anyone wondering about my Crusader's gear, here ya go - (Akarat's Champion is active for stats)

6MdNAY1.jpg

Also, Deathjr, the helmet is Hellscape Mask, and the armor is Doom Armor.

build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#lYdVfQ!aWSe!cbYYYY

dralla

+19 wraith..hmm I need to get me a FoTF even though a Darklight fits more with my play style, haven't found either.

I use the same exact armor as you though, different rings/amulets as I don't have those

Audioboxer

Okay GAF here is my current setup, masters of D3 lend me a hand with gear/enchants. I've yet to enchant my RoRG as not sure what to change on it. I'm clearing T4 fine. Quite a crit reliant build, but that's due to the shield spam from weapon/shield costing no wrath.

Shield glare with damage rune is great, on it's own with all my cooldown reductions it's about a second wait to cast again. With Akkhans fury or whatever it's called it's instant, keeps elites constantly blind. Akkhans itself is ALMOST non-stop cast as well. Maybe 2 seconds for it to come off cooldown. Everything else is nearly instant with Akkhans on as well.

I need to get my gems upgraded more, but money is currently an issue.

http://imgur.com/a/u1KJH

edit: It's quite funny, with the build I have wrath is almost no use lol, it never really gets used. Haven't heard "can't do that yet" in ages! ;)

Attacks - The game will account the comparison DPS figures on the basis of your APS (attacks per second). This means that with any two given items, one with an Increased Attack Speed increase will show a green arrow compared to one that is otherwise exactly similar but without the IAS. The issue here is that there are only so many given skills the players use which actually are performed as quickly as your APS value dictates. A main example of this are "pets" (Witch Doctor summons, Demon Hunter turrets) which attack at their own rate of speed. A Pet WD with 2 APS and 300K base damage will show 600K damage in the summary screen, but a Pet WD with 1 APS and 400K base damage will actually inflict more damage with the pets.
So, zombie dogs and the like don't scale in damage with the summoner's attack speed? Are you sure about that? Hydras do, even though their own attack speed is fixed at 2.25; if your attack speed is 1.12, they just do half as much damage per shot as you do, but that averages out to the same DPS. Similarly, if your attack speed was 3.0, they'd just do more damage per shot, but still at the same DPS overall. Hydras also inherit the caster's CHC and CHD stats, which are then rolled individually for the hydra's attacks.

Defense - The game values Vitality much more highly than it does either element affixes (which includes Resist All) or armor, when the priority should really be on resistances before vitality. Vitality merely affects the raw value of your life bar, while armor and resists dictate what numeric value of damage is actually inflicted upon you. Given that the main way in which players gain life is through Life On Hit, which is also a static numeric value, it becomes all the more important to make your LOH as effective as possible, which therefore means that you should seek to make quantity of damage you incur as small as possible.
I'm not sure how Toughness is calculated, but it's not hard to get a good picture of how much damage you can sustain before dying. Let's say you have 90% damage reduction from armor, and another 90% from resists. So 1% of the damage applied to you is actually deducted from your hit points. Therefore, your defenses effectively make your hit points 100x more effective than they normally would be. So if you have 10,000 HP, you could sustain 1,000,000 points of damage before dying. Then adding another 1000 HP through Vit would indeed increase your "toughness" by 10%, because now you can take 1,100,000 damage before you die.

Again, I have no idea how they actually calculate it, but I'll wager that Toughness is just is basically just DamageReduction * HitPoints, then averaged out across different attack types; elemental, ranged/melee, elite, etc.

Sustain - This is the most misleading value, as the game attempts to make some kind of mass singular amount here on the basis of some sort of equation which accounts for all means in which you regain life. This means that it takes your Life On Hit value, Life on Kill value, and Increased Health from Potions value, and combines it into some kind of magical singular number. Logically, since you are not actually killing individual monsters nor using potions nearly as often as you are hitting enemies, this value fails to accurately convey how effective you are at recovering life.
You seem to be assuming LoH and LoK are weighted evenly in the formula. Are they? If one piece of gear offers 5000 LoK and another offers 5000 LoH, does the Healing formula consider that an even trade, or will the LoH give you a big green-up?

Audioboxer

For anyone wondering about my Crusader's gear, here ya go - (Akarat's Champion is active for stats)

Okay GAF here is my current setup, masters of D3 lend me a hand with gear/enchants. I've yet to enchant my RoRG as not sure what to change on it. I'm clearing T4 fine. Quite a crit reliant build, but that's due to the shield spam from weapon/shield costing no wrath.

Shield glare with damage rune is great, on it's own with all my cooldown reductions it's about a second wait to cast again. With Akkhans fury or whatever it's called it's instant, keeps elites constantly blind. Akkhans itself is ALMOST non-stop cast as well. Maybe 2 seconds for it to come off cooldown. Everything else is nearly instant with Akkhans on as well.

I need to get my gems upgraded more, but money is currently an issue.

http://imgur.com/a/u1KJH

edit: It's quite funny, with the build I have wrath is almost no use lol, it never really gets used. Haven't heard "can't do that yet" in ages! ;)

I see you with 13.2 million armour and then look at mine and think am I doing something wrong? lol. Or is it just 2handed builds will always get more?

Atkison04

A little update: Finally got my wife to try the game with me over the weekend. She really likes it guys! Holy crap. We've been doing adventure mode, running bounties and rifts every night since we figured out how to save her character. She's a level 65 wizard and I'm a (P) 45 wizard. I have been running her equipment for her, since that can be kind of complicated. She took over last night and ended up going from 178k damage to around 89k damage lol. I have no idea what she switched and salvaged but it hurt my heart for her to loose that much damage in her early going character.

Anyways, I'm addicted to this and Destiny.. I took unpaid time off work Monday-Wednesday (to spend time with the kids over fall break, but gaming did happen in the mix). Sucks being back at work and so far away from both games. I've got loot to find!

I just finished my play through with my DH. Can anyone give me advice on what I should do post game?

Increase difficulty? Best way to level and get gear?

drotahorror

I see you with 13.2 million armour and then look at mine and think am I doing something wrong? lol. Or is it just 2handed builds will always get more?

It's with Akarat's Champion up. It gives me 150% extra armor. Hence my stats are boosted like crazy. With my build, I have less than one second of downtime with AC up. So I'm pretty much perma 35% extra damage and150% armor.

I posted this picture as well (unbuffed stats w/o AC up) -

A little update: Finally got my wife to try the game with me over the weekend. She really likes it guys! Holy crap. We've been doing adventure mode, running bounties and rifts every night since we figured out how to save her character. She's a level 65 wizard and I'm a (P) 45 wizard. I have been running her equipment for her, since that can be kind of complicated. She took over last night and ended up going from 178k damage to around 89k damage lol. I have no idea what she switched and salvaged but it hurt my heart for her to loose that much damage in her early going character.
lol Poor thing.

When you're helping her with her gear, try to talk her through the process as you do it, so she develops an understanding of what makes gear good and why. :)

Audioboxer

It's with Akarat's Champion up. It gives me 150% extra armor. Hence my stats are boosted like crazy. With my build, I have less than one second of downtime with AC up. So I'm pretty much perma 35% extra damage and150% armor.

I posted this picture as well (unbuffed stats w/o AC up) -

Ah I see!

Anything about my build you would change/aim to change? (apart from upgrading gems).

I think I'll see if I can hunt down that 2 hander and see how I like it.

drotahorror

Ah I see!

Anything about my build you would change/aim to change? (apart from upgrading gems).

I think I'll see if I can hunt down that 2 hander and see how I like it.

Shoulders - dump the life enchant and change it to a + damage ability or w/e. Like my shoulders have +15% heaven's fury damage. Either change it to the ability you use or change to CDR.

Amulet - dump the 66-141 for whatever elemental damage you use. For example, mine is +20% holy damage.

Bracers - craft Reaper's Wraps if you have the pattern. Get a good + elemental dmg, str, crit, all resists one.

Ring - SoJ - Get rid of the CD, and get crit rate instead. This is really a toss up though. Also, depending on what stat you rolled you may have messed up that SoJ kind of bad. Should have rolled the life per second unless the other stat you rolled was just awful but I'm sure it was okay (probably vit, AS, or something) RoRG - Enchant life per second to crit rate/cdr/elemental dmg.

Boots - Craft another pair. You messed up the enchant. Try to get one with str/vit/AR (like what you have and then roll movement speed or whatever you want for a damage ability (wrath generator) on the 4th primary stat. Keep the str/vit/ar, don't bother with the secondary stats. (you can press square on the enchant screen to see what stats will roll to what).

Belt - get rid of the life per second, get AR (all resists)

That's my advice.

Audioboxer

Shoulders - dump the life enchant and change it to a + damage ability or w/e. Like my shoulders have +15% heaven's fury damage. Either change it to the ability you use or change to CDR.

Amulet - dump the 66-141 for whatever elemental damage you use. For example, mine is +20% holy damage.

Bracers - craft Reaper's Wraps if you have the pattern. Get a good + elemental dmg, str, crit, all resists one.

Ring - SoJ - Get rid of the CD, and get crit rate instead. This is really a toss up though. Also, depending on what stat you rolled you may have messed up that SoJ kind of bad. Should have rolled the life per second unless the other stat you rolled was just awful but I'm sure it was okay (probably vit, AS, or something) RoRG - Enchant life per second to crit rate/cdr/elemental dmg.

Boots - Craft another pair. You messed up the enchant. Try to get one with str/vit/AR (like what you have and then roll movement speed or whatever you want for a damage ability (wrath generator) on the 4th primary stat. Keep the str/vit/ar, don't bother with the secondary stats. (you can press square on the enchant screen to see what stats will roll to what).

That's my advice.

Thanks. Will do most if not all of that. Whenever I craft Reapers Wraps they're always worse than the bracers I have lol. Maybe just had bad rolls so far.

benjammin

I just finished my play through with my DH. Can anyone give me advice on what I should do post game?

Increase difficulty? Best way to level and get gear?

Run some bounties to get rift shards. For every 5 shards you get you can play a rift where you'll get great rewards. Play at the highest difficulty that you can as the drops are better the higher you go. You'll get a ton of xp from running higher level rifts. Other than that, just enjoy the grind!

Raptor

That's my advice.

I hope one day to have this kind of knowledge with this game, I seriously keep staring at everything and is all confusing, all this roll for whatever I dont know what that means, roll where? how? like in Enchant an item to exchange something like I roll 85 LPH for 8% Crit Chance?

Something like that or Im way off?

How do I know what will roll? I don't? and thats the thing with this?

Damn lol.

drotahorror

I hope one day to have this kind of knowledge with this game, I seriously keep staring at everything and is all confusing, all this roll for whatever I dont know what that means, roll where? how? like in Enchant an item to exchange something like I roll 85 LPH for 8% Crit Chance?

Damn lol.

When I say roll, and I assume others mean the same thing (perhaps not?), I basically mean a stat or enchant to something else.

An item with (a) bad rolls would be an item that dropped that had bad stats. Or Say something dropped that had all the stats I wanted but it had intelligence instead of strength. I take it to the enchanter and try to reroll the Int stat to strength.

Or say I craft an item that all the stats are trash or really low. That item had shitty rolls.

Ring with 400 str - shitty roll
Ring with 500 str - good roll (for that particular stat atleast)

That's basically my understanding of it, and I could be off about some things but I believe that's the jist of it and it's the way I use the word.

And like I said to that one dude, if you're at an enchanter, press Square ( X on xb1) on a stat to see what that stat can possibly be enchanted to. Usually (but not always) the top stats are Primary stats. They can be rolled to other primary stats (str, vit, all resist, crit, cd, cdr, etc, damage and survivability stats). The ones at the bottom are typically secondary stats and cannot be enchanted (rolled) into a good stat. These are normally % chance on hit to freeze, or increase health globe pickup radius, or so much health after getting a kill.

Raptor

When I say roll, and I assume others mean the same thing (perhaps not?), I basically mean a stat or enchant to something else.

An item with (a) bad rolls would be an item that dropped that had bad stats. Or Say something dropped that had all the stats I wanted but it had intelligence instead of strength. I take it to the enchanter and try to reroll the Int stat to strength.

Or say I craft an item that all the stats are trash or really low. That item had shitty rolls.

Ring with 400 str - shitty roll
Ring with 500 str - good roll (for that particular stat atleast)

That's basically my understanding of it, and I could be off about some things but I believe that's the jist of it and it's the way I use the word.

Thank you for explaining this, now I kinda see with more clarity what you guys mean.

I have a Doombringer with shitty roll, has like 300dps, that is what it means right?

Damn lol.
Take your item to the gypsy. Choose the item you want enchanted, and then browse the current affixes on it. If you want to know what your LoH can be replaced with, highlight it and hit Square. DON'T HIT X!! lol

That'll show you all of the possible results for a re-roll. A re-roll basically gives you the option of keeping what you had before, or choosing from a pair of random re-rolls. Once you choose an affix to re-roll, you can never re-roll another affix on that same item, though you can re-roll the chosen affix as many times as you can afford.

On the subject of being able to afford it, there's a resource cost for re-rolling which is fixed, but there's also a gold cost, which bumps up every time you re-roll, so keep an eye on it.

Thank you for explaining this, now I kinda see with more clarity what you guys mean.

I have a Doombringer with shitty roll, has like 300dps, that is what it means right?
When you're examining an item, you can tap left on the d-pad to see the possible range for the affix in question. So if your item gives +10% Fire Damage, that could be a good roll if the possible range was 8-10%, but a shitty roll if the item could've come up 10-25%.

HORRORSHØW

got tired of face rolling with the wow build. made a variation on the mm/conflag build. gets through torment 6 just fine but feels squishier than the wow build despite the superior stats. could do more min/maxing tho.

Bx2MBlFCQAIYi75.jpg

dralla

Has anyone found a Darklight with a gem slot? Does it even exist? Fist of the Heaven's has become my go to move and I'd love to find one of these things.

A Thundergod's Vigor belt too would be damn useful. Blizzard plz

Raptor

Grimløck;130658600 said:
got tired of face rolling with the wow build. made a variation on the mm/conflag build. gets through torment 6 just fine but feels squishier than the wow build despite the superior stats. could do more min/maxing tho.

Bx2MBlFCQAIYi75.jpg

jesus christ man lol.

Dat Thunderfury!!

Will be mine one day!

Laconic

Banned
Has anyone found a Darklight with a gem slot? Does it even exist? Fist of the Heaven's has become my go to move and I'd love to find one of these things.

A Thundergod's Vigor belt too would be damn useful. Blizzard plz

For a Str class?

I have one left.

Recall

Levelling my Crusader from 1-70 using a very basic blessed hammers build was so much fun. The limitless rune is insane and just clears up mobs so damn fast.

subwilde

Spent some time with the game on my Vita while I was at work this morning, it's unfortunate that Blizzard doesn't offer any sort of button remapping, it would be nice to remap R2 to R1 and just use the rear touch for less used stuff that doesn't need to be used in the heat of battle like teleporting. Otherwise, it works well, blew through 2 levels getting to the Skeleton King and then had to jump out to take care of actual work stuff.

You can!! I did it on my vita. Just go to options and turn on elective mode then go into skills and adjust accordingly. Just click on R1 and keep scrolling left or right in the skills until you find the preferred skill.

For the record, according to this, WD pets benefit from improved attack speed and critical hit chance. Oddly, they don't benefit from increasing the caster's critical hit damage though. Weird.

HORRORSHØW

got some nice loot playing with helscream earlier: a tal rasha belt, a nice cindercoat, a serpent sparker, and an upgrade to my old vyr gloves.

anyways. which patch are we on, 2.05 or 2.06? also, i know some of the old (our current) sets will be retroactively upgraded in 2.1, but does anyone know if certain legendaries, like the furnace, will get the same treatment?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got up to Paragon 22 with my DH before I started to get a bit burned out. Almost shelved the game but then decided to make a Crusader on a whim. Yep, it's pulled me right back in. So much fun, and so different from playing DH. Feels noticeably easier, too. :lol Though maybe I just need to crank up the difficulty. On Master at the moment, and I think I'm probably good for Expert.

Anyway, any general Crusader tips?

Very nice, the additional damage from HF surely must come in handy against elite mobs.

I use the same skills except I prefer Long arm of the Law instead of Wrathful.

I can craft doom armor, cheers. Don't have that helm though.

it would be nice to remap R2 to R1 and just use the rear touch for less used stuff that doesn't need to be used in the heat of battle like teleporting. Otherwise, it works well, blew through 2 levels getting to the Skeleton King and then had to jump out to take care of actual work stuff.

Yeah totally agree on the control mapping. It keeps it from being one of the best Remote Play games yet.

Do you guys not have Elective Mode enabled? Turn it on under gameplay options and then map R2 to whatever skill you feel like. Unless by teleporting you mean town portal. I find with my builds there's usually one skill like a shield buff or summon that i can safely leave on R2 and not have to worry about. i'd guess 80% of my playtime is via remote play.

Fliesen

Do you guys not have Elective Mode enabled? Turn it on under gameplay options and then map R2 to whatever skill you feel like. Unless by teleporting you mean town portal. I find with my builds there's usually one skill like a shield buff or summon that i can safely leave on R2 and not have to worry about. i'd guess 80% of my playtime is via remote play.

yeah, but that's only the case when you already have all active skill slots, not while leveling a char.

even with elective mode, the "R1" skill slot is the last to unlock, "R2" being the first, essentially making you only use your "X" attack until you get the 2nd additional slot.
i.e. at lvl 10 you might be ABLE to use 2 skills, one of them HAS to be bound to R2, though, elective mode or not.

AEREC

New to the console version (PS4):

1. Is there a way to sort characters at the menu like on PC?
2. Is there a zoom in feature during gameplay?

dralla

I dreamed I found the SoJ and the RoRG but with shitty rolls.

Kadala is just mean to me.

I found RoRG last night, pretty quickly too. I searched for Bounties on Normal, and it was people all searching for it. Each person would be at different bounty and we'd get cache's much faster. Took me about..30 or so cache's.

Need a Golden Gorget of Leoric with lightning damage. And a Darklight with a gem slot. I'm on a little hot streak here, gonna try and farm for these later.

Top Bottom