• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

stn

Newbie question. I have a lvl 52 crusader. When I approach enemies I literally just hold "A" to attack and spam the shield hologram move when I have enough wrath. Am I playing the "right way"? I know it seems kind of obvious but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Especially because I want to beat the game on hardcore, eventually, to get all the achievements. Thanks.

Laconic

Banned
I found RoRG last night, pretty quickly too. I searched for Bounties on Normal, and it was people all searching for it. Each person would be at different bounty and we'd get cache's much faster. Took me about..30 or so cache's.

Need a Golden Gorget of Leoric with lightning damage. And a Darklight with a gem slot. I'm on a little hot streak here, gonna try and farm for these later.

It is all random luck.

I got my first great RoRG (it rolled native CC) off of my third cache. I still haven't found a legendary amulet worth a fig. I'm currently rocking a yellow with 500+ Str, 10 CC, and 90+% CD.

When I DO finally get a Countess Julia's Cameo with the above stats AND Fire Damage %, my MotE Barb will be pretty much perfect. Maybe a Burning Axe of Sankris with cooldown would be nice too. But I don't NEED it, per se.

Raptor

Sigh.

What flavor of shitty RoRG do you need?

I have another spare Dex one.

Im a Monk so yeah a Dex one could be nice, lols.

But I don't have any good stuff to trade man.

EDIT:

Question, Im level 69 but once I hit 70 I can start to look for my sets, and all what I want to up to Torment right, on Expert if I want to just obliberate everything on my path, no need to go farm on Torment or master?

It will drop even on normal what I need?

You can get some of your gear on lower levels, but it might be easier to group with others at a higher difficulty. I have gotten lots of legendary drops on master, more than on torment.

Bounties can be done on normal if you want, no problem.

Does the Ultimate Evil Edition have its own separate achievement list and trophy list on 360/PS3? I want to borrow it from the library, but just to play Reaper of Souls and don't want to have to worry about another list entirely.

EDIT:

Question, Im level 69 but once I hit 70 I can start to look for my sets, and all what I want to up to Torment right, on Expert if I want to just obliberate everything on my path, no need to go farm on Torment or master?

I have gotten several decent level 70 legendaries on Normal while farming rift shards and Horadric Cubes. In my experience, the increase in drop rate is pretty gradual. It wasn't until Torment 4 and above that I noticed a marked difference.

I have gotten several decent level 70 legendaries on Normal while farming rift shards and Horadric Cubes. In my experience, the increase in drop rate is pretty gradual. It wasn't until Torment 4 and above that I noticed a marked difference.
Has anyone else noticed that you can have infinite rifts if you are playing with others? If the host quits while the rift is open, the game migrates to a new host with a brand new rift. Just take turns hosting and do not close the old rift. Not that it is hard to get more shards, but sometimes people are low and want to keep rifting.

Has there been any word from Blizzard regarding new content for the game, such as a second expansion, perhaps ? I love this game so much; I don't want them to abandon it after the first expansion like they did with D2.

AEREC

Has there been any word from Blizzard regarding new content for the game, such as a second expansion, perhaps ? I love this game so much; I don't want them to abandon it after the first expansion like they did with D2.
I definitely wouldn't say they abandoned D2 after the expansion.

funkypie

Banned
Got up to Paragon 22 with my DH before I started to get a bit burned out. Almost shelved the game but then decided to make a Crusader on a whim. Yep, it's pulled me right back in. So much fun, and so different from playing DH. Feels noticeably easier, too. :lol Though maybe I just need to crank up the difficulty. On Master at the moment, and I think I'm probably good for Expert.

Anyway, any general Crusader tips?

ignore paragon levels, its not even about them. I think they are there just to give a carrot on a stick effect.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay so I've basically ignored Kadala up to this point. Got nearly 500 shards built up, which I guess is the maximum, so I should probably start using them. What's the best way to go about this? I would guess that it's probably unwise to use them with a character who hasn't hit 70 yet, right? If that's the case then I'll just jump back over to my DH and start using them with her. Also is there any item type I should prioritize going for over the others? More expensive stuff vs less expensive?

ignore paragon levels, its not even about them. I think they are there just to give a carrot on a stick effect.

Oh I'm not placing any particular importance on Paragon. Was just using it as a reference to how far past 70 I've played with DH so far. That's all.

I do love Paragon though. If the XP I've been getting since 70 were going nowhere, I'd honestly probably be less inclined to play. I mean, once the loot grind really grabs me I'm sure it won't be an issue anymore, but it certainly is helpful when starting out post-70 to not feel like XP is being wasted.

Probably depends on how well it sells. I don't think they currently have any plans to make more.

Okay so I've basically ignored Kadala up to this point. Got nearly 500 shards built up, which I guess is the maximum, so I should probably start using them. What's the best way to go about this? I would guess that it's probably unwise to use them with a character who hasn't hit 70 yet, right? If that's the case then I'll just jump back over to my DH and start using them with her. Also is there any item type I should prioritize going for over the others? More expensive stuff vs less expensive?
Just browse for your weakest piece of gear, and start rolling. Most of what you get will be useless — just as most drops are — but she can even give you legendaries and set pieces, so just keep rolling. Shards are basically free, so don't worry about wasting them. Just look at Kadela as a way to get focused drops; instead of a random assortment of gems, boots, and reusable parts, you can get nothing but gloves, to try to replace the pair you're not pleased with.

Oh I'm not placing any particular importance on Paragon. Was just using it as a reference to how far past 70 I've played with DH so far. That's all.

I do love Paragon though. If the XP I've been getting since 70 were going nowhere, I'd honestly probably be less inclined to play. I mean, once the loot grind really grabs me I'm sure it won't be an issue anymore, but it certainly is helpful when starting out post-70 to not feel like XP is being wasted.
Dunno if you've already reached the same conclusion, but once I was a little ways in to Paragon, I stopped emphasizing xp++ on my gear, focusing instead on damage, defense, resource management, battle management, etc.

As you say, it's nice to have your post-70 xp not go to waste, but at the same time, one more level of Paragon doesn't really fundamentally change your character. At least, not as much as a really nice gear affix could at that point. So take Paragon as it comes, but don't waste time trying to accelerate it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dunno if you've already reached the same conclusion, but once I was a little ways in to Paragon, I stopped emphasizing xp++ on my gear, focusing instead on damage, defense, resource management, battle management, etc.

As you say, it's nice to have your post-70 xp not go to waste, but at the same time, one more level of Paragon doesn't really fundamentally change your character. At least, not as much as a really nice gear affix could at that point. So take Paragon as it comes, but don't waste time trying to accelerate it.

I've actually never emphasized XP+ on my gear at all. Once I reached the end of Act 1 and was at Lv. 31, I figured it wasn't necessary. You level up at a pretty decent rate anyway. And yeah, Paragon is nice, but I'm not placing any particular importance on it whatsoever. It's just a thing that's there to satisfy my desire to see bars filling up. :lol

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The rest has been responded to well enough. Stuff has changed which I'm not aware of without doing research first, I was just trying to cite some examples of how the digits and the comparison arrows can be misleading.

I want to reply to this much at least, though:
You seem to be assuming LoH and LoK are weighted evenly in the formula. Are they? If one piece of gear offers 5000 LoK and another offers 5000 LoH, does the Healing formula consider that an even trade, or will the LoH give you a big green-up?
No, what I'm doing is acknowledging that LOK is factored into the formula at all, which essentially makes the figure pointless.

LOH is the only relevant number to consider here. Regen can't possibly be stacked highly enough (at least solely on the basis of the static values which can roll on gear) to have any significance to a L70 character, but at least it is something which occurs at a dependable and frequent interval. Health Globes appear at random, and potions have a massive cooldown, so sustain from those events are unreliable. LOK is basically worthless as any kind of sustain that you need is while you are fighting monsters, not afterwards. 1 Billion LOK is equal to 0 LOK when the only enemy you're fighting on the screen is a boss or guardian. This is all common sense, but is not reflected properly by the game.

The rest has been responded to well enough. Stuff has changed which I'm not aware of without doing research first, I was just trying to cite some examples of how the digits and the comparison arrows can be misleading.

I want to reply to this much at least, though:

No, what I'm doing is acknowledging that LOK is factored into the formula at all, which essentially makes the figure pointless.

LOH is the only relevant number to consider here. Regen can't possibly be stacked highly enough (at least solely on the basis of the static values which can roll on gear) to have any significance to a L70 character, but at least it is something which occurs at a dependable and frequent interval. Health Globes appear at random, and potions have a massive cooldown, so sustain from those events are unreliable. LOK is basically worthless as any kind of sustain that you need is while you are fighting monsters, not afterwards. 1 Billion LOK is equal to 0 LOK when the only enemy you're fighting on the screen is a boss or guardian. This is all common sense, but is not reflected properly by the game.
I see what you're saying, but at the same time, Blizzard know that a level is going to be 80% populated with 3-hit mobs that can kill you in 20 hits, 15% 10-hit mobs that can kill you in 15 hits, etc. They know how often health globes drop. They know it should take you 167 seconds to kill this elite given your current damage output, and that he'll be spawning 8 7-hit minions every 40 seconds throughout the fight.

Granted, these formulas don't perfectly describe every possible edge case, and it's possible that Blizzard simply did a bad job of crunching the numbers. My point was that it's not impossible for them to do a fairly good job of it. If anyone knows how many LoH procs you'll average per LoK proc or health globe pickup, it's Blizzard.
I would hope. :p

Laconic

Banned

EDIT:

What is your PSN?

Send a friend request to: gankedemstyle

Wow it took a lot of money but I got a good roll on enchanting this:

HtpNOZv.jpg

Ogawa-san

But the proc is so terrible... You get skeletons only after you're done fighting, and by the time you get to the next pack they'll be almost gone.

yeah, but that's only the case when you already have all active skill slots, not while leveling a char.

even with elective mode, the "R1" skill slot is the last to unlock, "R2" being the first, essentially making you only use your "X" attack until you get the 2nd additional slot.
i.e. at lvl 10 you might be ABLE to use 2 skills, one of them HAS to be bound to R2, though, elective mode or not.

yeah that's true, starting off new characters via remote play is a chore.

Raptor

Laconic that is bad roll for you right?

I would be mad too if that had dropped for me lol, since that is a for a barbarian.

dralla

I was doing bounties on Normal trying to get some caches and a Unity ring dropped for me. I don't really understand it, so what if no one else is wearing one in my party, is the damage split not there?

Laconic

Banned
Laconic that is bad roll for you right?

I would be mad too if that had dropped for me lol, since that is a for a barbarian.

It's a bad roll in that it is Lit, and I roll with Fire.

But everything else about it is simply absurdly good.

I have NEVER seen an SoJ roll with Natural CC.

That means I can roll the +Fury off, and get a trifecta SoJ.

CC + CD on an SoJ is insane.

HORRORSHØW

I was doing bounties on Normal trying to get some caches and a Unity ring dropped for me. I don't really understand it, so what if no one else is wearing one in my party, is the damage split not there?

if you have two, you can have your follower wear the other one. coupled with the "immortal follower relic" you are effectively halving your damage taken. personally i find it cheap, but i understand it's essential for higher grifts in 2.1. but to answer your question, the damage is not split if no one else is wearing the ring.

dralla

Grimløck;130827464 said:
if you have two, you can have your follower wear the other one. coupled with the "immortal follower relic" you are effectively halving your damage taken. personally i find it cheap, but i understand it's essential for higher grifts in 2.1. but to answer your question, the damage is not split if no one else is wearing the ring.

as someone who plays online this doesn't seem all that useful unless I know other people in my party are wearing it. It does have really nice crit damage/chance so I'll use it for that.

HORRORSHØW

as someone who plays online this doesn't seem all that useful unless I know other people in my party are wearing it.
It does have really nice crit damage/chance so I'll use it for that

yeah, it also has a 15% dmg to elites affix so it can be used as a poor-man's soj or used with a soj in lieu of a rorg.

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;130828355 said:
yeah, it also has a 15% dmg to elites affix so it can be used as a poor-man's soj or used with a soj in lieu of a rorg.

That's what I do.

Fire SoJ + Unity.

60-129 Damage
20% Fire
445 Str
50% CD

Is the SoJ, and I already posted the Unity, above.

Ogawa-san

The only problem with Unity on an immortal follower: they can't die, but they still can be damaged.

My templar wouldn't avoid a mallet lord's hits, so I was being one-shotted by proxy. It was fun.

So I've never played a Diablo game before, but after play Destiny, I can say loot is pretty damn addicting. I guess it's safe to say there's plenty of that here right?

And is there at least a decent single player campaign? I'm looking mostly play on my lonesome.

Laconic

Banned
The only problem with Unity on an immortal follower: they can't die, but they still can be damaged.

My templar wouldn't avoid a mallet lord's hits, so I was being one-shotted by proxy. It was fun.

I have both a Templar one and an Enchantress one.

The Enchantress with a Maximus on a Fire build is fun.

So I've never played a Diablo game before, but after play Destiny, I can say loot is pretty damn addicting. I guess it's safe to say there's plenty of that here right?

And is there at least a decent single player campaign? I'm looking mostly play on my lonesome.

Very yes to both.

Its the King of the roost. Play it solo all the way through, play it offline or online, explore and play any area on its own for kicks, or do randomized bounty runs, or campaign missions, or special Nephalem rifts. Play with your friends no matter what the level disparities may be, and every time you play, there are dynamic elements to keep you on your toes, not to mention 9 difficulties. You have a shared gold account and vendors and materials and a shared chest, and leveling doesn't end at 70 as you continue to gain paragon levels that apply smaller, hand-picked increases to each character you run. Legendary equipment is also more than just bigger numbers - most come with unique gameplay effects.

This game is the real deal. 1080p, 60fps and polished to a gleaming shine too.

Yeah you can play on your lonesome and still have a great time, maybe even a better time.
But make sure to add some diablo friends, so you can send/receive gifts, and get a cut of the loot when somebody drops a nemesis.

I'm pretty active so you can add me if you want.
PSN - Bright-Light

dralla

I hate myself so much right now. I found the fifth piece of akkan armor I needed, the legs, and I needed to salvage some legendary gear so I could re-roll them, and I must've accidentally salvaged them because they are fucking gone.

EDIT. The Diablo gods must love me, Kadala gave them back to be on my second try. What luck, holy mother of god

Laconic

Banned
The ONE thing that I needed, literally the one thing - an amulet with Fire %, CC, and/or CD, finally dropped... with off main stat. :/

Why.

dralla

ibv0HVsmxgCdzY.jpg

Nearing that 1 million DPS mark, sans Akrat. Thanks in large part to this amulet.

I'm thinking if/when I ever find a gem slotted Darklight, I'll use Condemn with the vacuum rune to pull them and light them up with Fissure's for some serious crowd control.

Okay. So I just got my Crusader up to level 70 the other day, and I managed to get my DPS over 309k today. So it's something. I need to start farming for the really high-end gear, like the Akkhan set. What difficulty does that stuff show up on?

Also, thanks to whoever it was that mentioned Blessed Hammer + Limitless rune the other day. It's amazing at clearing mobs.

HORRORSHØW

Okay. So I just got my Crusader up to level 70 the other day, and I managed to get my DPS over 309k today. So it's something. I need to start farming for the really high-end gear, like the Akkhan set. What difficulty does that stuff show up on?

Also, thanks to whoever it was that mentioned Blessed Hammer + Limitless rune the other day. It's amazing at clearing mobs.

they drop at any difficulty. just farm at the difficulty you're comfortable with. and spend those bloodshards at kadala.

Top Bottom