• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Grimløck;130854581 said:
they drop at any difficulty. just farm at the difficulty you're comfortable with. and spend those bloodshards at kadala.

Can you get the Akkhan gear from her? I think I have somewhere around 250 of those things at this point.

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;130854581 said:
they drop at any difficulty. just farm at the difficulty you're comfortable with. and spend those bloodshards at kadala.

They start to drop in Torment, actually.

The Akkhan stuff.

EDIT:

You can gamble them at any difficulty... do it at the hardest you can do it fast. You get more shards.

Baliis

The only problem with Unity on an immortal follower: they can't die, but they still can be damaged.

My templar wouldn't avoid a mallet lord's hits, so I was being one-shotted by proxy. It was fun.

Not true. It makes them immortal by making them take 0 damage, unless they changed it on the console version for some reason, but it's working as intended according to blizz on PC

HORRORSHØW

kadala dropped another fotf. too bad it sucks way worse than the one i have.

bx9ojhvccaa_u6rfnb64.jpg

Leveling up a crusader to 70 in adventure mode now. Took about an hour to go from lvl 9 to 16 last night doing bounties in act 1 on expert. Was on master but it was taking too long to break mobs and elites were destroying me.

What were those bounties that everyone was doing to level up quickly? How do you take advantage of them?

Golgi_Apparati

Neo Member
Leveling up a crusader to 70 in adventure mode now. Took about an hour to go from lvl 9 to 16 last night doing bounties in act 1 on expert. Was on master but it was taking too long to break mobs and elites were destroying me.

What were those bounties that everyone was doing to level up quickly? How do you take advantage of them?

Miners gold in act 2 and misers will in act 5. Misers will is easier and gives more xp.

HF2014

Ok . Yesterday, finally made a move. Got a PS4 ! 399$ bundle eith Last of Us.(in special here in canada rather than 449). And the game i bought with it is D3!

Its seriously imo better than the PC version. Visually its pretty amazing, the gameplay is fluid, and monster density is at par vs the PC ( playing on normal and in act 2 got a 60+ kills so far) . Seriously, im wondering why i would touch back my pc version. It will be in par when the 2.1 patch will be released.

Any D3 pc fan should give it a try. I think its the version to play!!

Good job blizzard!

Audioboxer

ibv0HVsmxgCdzY.jpg

Nearing that 1 million DPS mark, sans Akrat. Thanks in large part to this amulet.

I'm thinking if/when I ever find a gem slotted Darklight, I'll use Condemn with the vacuum rune to pull them and light them up with Fissure's for some serious crowd control.

Looking good :)

Grimløck;130866935 said:
kadala dropped another fotf. too bad it sucks way worse than the one i have.

bx9ojhvccaa_u6rfnb64.jpg

I finally got a FotF from Kadala, saved it in my chest but its roughly like the one she rolled for you second.

See your good one, did that roll with a socket already on it?! If so what an amazing drop.

Raptor

I think I will return to my Female Crusader, I miss her and I will build a holy shitgun build till I get it, it seems all here prefer it and seems the dps is pure insanity reaching 2000k or something crazy like that.

Brawl96

Ok . Yesterday, finally made a move. Got a PS4 ! 399$ bundle eith Last of Us.(in special here in canada rather than 449). And the game i bought with it is D3!

Its seriously imo better than the PC version. Visually its pretty amazing, the gameplay is fluid, and monster density is at par vs the PC ( playing on normal and in act 2 got a 60+ kills so far) . Seriously, im wondering why i would touch back my pc version. It will be in par when the 2.1 patch will be released.

Good job blizzard!

Add me!
Brawl96 on Ps4

hydruxo

So I've never played a Diablo game before, but after play Destiny, I can say loot is pretty damn addicting. I guess it's safe to say there's plenty of that here right?

And is there at least a decent single player campaign? I'm looking mostly play on my lonesome.

Yes to both, but don't expect a good story. It's actually probably a better story than Destiny though, but that's not saying much. Gameplay is incredible.

AEREC

Yes to both, but don't expect a good story. It's actually probably a better story than Destiny though, but that's not saying much. Gameplay is incredible.

I wouldn't say it's a terrible story, but the presentation of it could be much better. Just wish you could disable the Boss taunts they throw at you between Acts 3 and 4.

Raptor

haha that typo (or was it!?)

Holy shitgun is great but I'll be honest, it's boring to play. You're literally just managing wrath via a few skills (atleast I am) and spamming one button. I find my Witch Doc and Barb much more fun.

ahahahah damn yeah it as a typo, I want a crusader that can go in and decimate in a storm of blood and carnage, any tips?

mstevens

Need some gear advice from some GAF pros.

I'm in that kind of awkward gearing phase where I'm dominating Torment 1, but not really sure how to get better. My goal at the moment is to get Aughild and Akkan pieces (And RROG.. which I'm going to start farming soon). Yesterday I was gifted two Akkan pieces and found my first Aughild plan. I'd like to tell you the stats to see what I should change, or so you can tell me it's shitty even if it's one of those set items and I should look for something else.

Akkan Boots:
951 armor
+95 resist all elements
457 str
+390 armor
+12 movement speed

Should I change the movement speed to something? What?

Akkan Gloves (Changed life per second to crit dmg already)
555 armor
736 Str
655 vitality
42% crit dmg
9% crit chance

Aughild Shoulders (Easiest to replace since I can just remake them should I remake or just change one of these stats?)
589 armor
4438 str
448 vitality
+12% life
Chance to deal 12% area dmg on hit (This is the one I want to change.. what should I change it too?)

Also. My dmg is about 820k. I can kill stuff in Torment 2 reasonably fast it feels like, I'm just not sure what items I should be looking for.

This post is all over the place, but feeling a little lost and confused and any advice would be appreciated.

edit: By the way, I'm a blessed hammer crusader at the moment. I'm loving the game but feeling a little burnt out with this wall I've hit and some advancement or direction would really refocus my desire to play.

Calabi

Good job blizzard!

I just bought this with a PS4 today as well. Its seriously good, like playing a totally different game than the pc version.

Audioboxer

Oh you should've told me earlier. I had two of them but I think I salvaged them D:

You MONSTER! Haha. Been gambling for ages. I usually store decent legendaries/set pieces in my bank in case other gaffers might need them ;)

In good news a set of akkhans shoulders better than mine currently dropped in a rift. Besides that my last few rift runs have been poor.

bobawesome

My crusader is finally coming together, I think. After weeks and weeks of terrible drops I've finally increased my attack by a nice 400,000 over the past week. I'm sitting at 747,000 at the moment.

Its the King of the roost. Play it solo all the way through, play it offline or online, explore and play any area on its own for kicks, or do randomized bounty runs, or campaign missions, or special Nephalem rifts. Play with your friends no matter what the level disparities may be, and every time you play, there are dynamic elements to keep you on your toes, not to mention 9 difficulties. You have a shared gold account and vendors and materials and a shared chest, and leveling doesn't end at 70 as you continue to gain paragon levels that apply smaller, hand-picked increases to each character you run. Legendary equipment is also more than just bigger numbers - most come with unique gameplay effects.

This game is the real deal. 1080p, 60fps and polished to a gleaming shine too.
Couldn't have said it better. I'm loving Destiny but I'm always raving to my friends that will listen that Diablo does it all many degrees better.

mstevens

Need some gear advice from some GAF pros.

I'm in that kind of awkward gearing phase where I'm dominating Torment 1, but not really sure how to get better. My goal at the moment is to get Aughild and Akkan pieces (And RROG.. which I'm going to start farming soon). Yesterday I was gifted two Akkan pieces and found my first Aughild plan. I'd like to tell you the stats to see what I should change, or so you can tell me it's shitty even if it's one of those set items and I should look for something else.

Akkan Boots:
951 armor
+95 resist all elements
457 str
+390 armor
+12 movement speed

Should I change the movement speed to something? What?

Akkan Gloves (Changed life per second to crit dmg already)
555 armor
736 Str
655 vitality
42% crit dmg
9% crit chance

Aughild Shoulders (Easiest to replace since I can just remake them should I remake or just change one of these stats?)
589 armor
4438 str
448 vitality
+12% life
Chance to deal 12% area dmg on hit (This is the one I want to change.. what should I change it too?)

Also. My dmg is about 820k. I can kill stuff in Torment 2 reasonably fast it feels like, I'm just not sure what items I should be looking for.

This post is all over the place, but feeling a little lost and confused and any advice would be appreciated.

edit: By the way, I'm a blessed hammer crusader at the moment. I'm loving the game but feeling a little burnt out with this wall I've hit and some advancement or direction would really refocus my desire to play.

Quoting for the new page

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Quoting for the new page
I don't have a Crusader main.

That said - those three pieces that you stated are all basically OK. For the shoulders, I would have the default mentality to put area damage into All Resist. What I think is a larger issue for you now is to worry about your jewelry and any other items which can give you +Damage (e.g., +50-116 Damage on a ring), Critical Chance, and Critical Damage, as well as any kind of element boost (in your build's case, probably Holy is what you're after).

If you don't go full defense on gear (Vit / %Life / AR / Armor), consider stacking cooldown reduction where possible. 6 piece Akkans is good and a common route is 5 piece Akkans / 2 piece Capt. Crimson's with the Royal ring.

You have the fundamentals in place, and now your struggle is to get your damage to be amplified as much as possible and inflicted as repeatedly as possible.

zou

how much dps do I need as a DH in order to comfortably farm t6? I got 1.7M sheet dps with 30% elite dmg, 20% multi shoot, 20% cold dmg and I can only do t1-2. t3 is doable but takes too long for me. So I'm just wondering where I need to be at for t5 or t6.

HORRORSHØW

Quoting for the new page

you want to reroll movement speed vitality. 25 paragon points into movement speed will have you covered.

for the shoulders, can you reroll the area dmg to cooldown reduction? if so, do that. if not, reroll %life to cooldown reduction. stacking as much cooldown reduction is invaluable in higher torments.

how much dps do I need as a DH in order to comfortably farm t6? I got 1.7M sheet dps with 30% elite dmg, 20% multi shoot, 20% cold dmg and I can only do t1-2. t3 is doable but takes too long for me. So I'm just wondering where I need to be at for t5 or t6.

I have less than half your sheet dps and I'm doing T3 fine. The key for DH's to farm higher is Marauder 6-piece set bonus and spamming turrets. It combined with a Tasker & Theo and Bombadiers Rucksack quadruple your damage output and make dps a non issue. Pretty boring build tho IMO.

zou

I have less than half your sheet dps and I'm doing T3 fine. The key for DH's to farm higher is Marauder 6-piece set bonus and spamming turrets. It combined with a Tasker & Theo and Bombadiers Rucksack quadruple your damage output and make dps a non issue. Pretty boring build tho IMO.

I can handle t3 fine, but I'd rather run t1/2 and take down elites in a couple of seconds.

regarding marauder, I got the pets bonus but never bother getting the 6 piece bonus. So apparently the sentries would then use multishoot? And I'm assuming it wouldn't spend my hatred?

And yeah, been gambling for bombardiers for ages. 5k shards and nothing useful.. been running with a crafted quiver and in 100+ hours and some 50+ quivers I haven't found a single upgrade, kind of annoying.

regarding marauder, I got the pets bonus but never bother getting the 6 piece bonus. So apparently the sentries would then use multishoot? And I'm assuming it wouldn't spend my hatred?

Correct. You can equip multiple hatred spenders and the turrets will use them all...without using hatred.

Yeah I had a super fun Cluster Arrow build with a cindercoat and 120% fire damage and could melt anything on T4-T5 in seconds but the DH fragility was holding me back. So I turned into a turret spawn and run around with smoke screen dodging shit and rarely ever shoot things with my bow.

It's just a fact that most classes only have a 1 or 2 builds that can do T6 efficiently (this may have changed with 2.1) so the more you progress the less options you have for build & gear diversity.

Top Bottom