• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

mstevens

Does anyone on PS4 have any Perfect Imperial Emeralds they don't need? I found the coolest amulet and I'm trying to enchant it to make it pretty much perfect... but I'm broke and don't have the gems I need.

Would be awesome!

HORRORSHØW

Does anyone on PS4 have any Perfect Imperial Emeralds they don't need? I found the coolest amulet and I'm trying to enchant it to make it pretty much perfect... but I'm broke and don't have the gems I need.

Would be awesome!

no gems but i have a ton of gold some gaffer gifted me. you're welcome to it if you want.

mstevens

Grimløck;130937870 said:
no gems but i have a ton of gold some gaffer gifted me. you're welcome to it if you want.

That'd be awesome if you want to send me some. It is costing me 900k each time to make 3 imperials and a perfect... and there are like 17 stat possibilities for what I'm trying to enchant :(

my PSN: mcstevens88

If anyone else has any imperial or perfect imperial emeralds they aren't using, I could definitely use them. This is gonna take a few tries.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
That'd be awesome if you want to send me some. It is costing me 900k each time to make 3 imperials and a perfect... and there are like 17 stat possibilities for what I'm trying to enchant :(

my PSN: mcstevens88

If anyone else has any imperial or perfect imperial emeralds they aren't using, I could definitely use them. This is gonna take a few tries.
I think I have some. Let me check.

mstevens

Thanks! I'm digging this amulet and I'm anxious to equip it (without salvaging it on accident)

It's got like 66-116 dmg, 7% attack speed, 10% crit chance and a bad stat that I'm trying to change to 90-100% crit dmg. Just cost me 4 mil gold so far and all my emeralds and there's like 17 possibilities to stats. Could end up costing who knows how much.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Thanks! I'm digging this amulet and I'm anxious to equip it (without salvaging it on accident)

It's got like 66-116 dmg, 7% attack speed, 10% crit chance and a bad stat that I'm trying to change to 90-100% crit dmg. Just cost me 4 mil gold so far and all my emeralds and there's like 17 possibilities to stats. Could end up costing who knows how much.
Got plenty of flawless imperial emeralds. Sent you a friends request.

mstevens

Well PSN is acting dumb and won't let me add any friend requests or send any. I'll try again later.. Really appreciate it!

edit: There we go!

mstevens

Woaaah. Thank you very much.

Blew through the mats quickly and not a single crit dmg %.. BUT I did get 700 str which is better for now! I assume that I'll want to switch that for crit dmg% eventually, right?

Either way, very very helpful thank you.

edit: Got 76% finally, good enough for now!

Audioboxer

Join me, brother! There are many demon faces that need to be bashed in I can't do it alone.

What do you use with it? Rune wise? I always went for stun on hit and knockback other enemies.

I MIGHT see if I can fit it back into my rotation, I am using the perk that makes it stronger due to me using blessed shield and I am using shield flash. It's just my setup is working for T4. Not attempted T5 yet.

Still sometimes die, but it's more me being careless and not moving out of the way of the exploding elites. Those explosions hit like trucks.

nikos

Anyone have Marauder plans/gear they want to sell or craft? Not sure if I can trade/drop mats, but I have them as well as gold.

Audioboxer

What do you use with it? Rune wise? I always went for stun on hit and knockback other enemies.

I MIGHT see if I can fit it back into my rotation, I am using the perk that makes it stronger due to me using blessed shield and I am using shield flash. It's just my setup is working for T4. Not attempted T5 yet.

Still sometimes die, but it's more me being careless and not moving out of the way of the exploding elites. Those explosions hit like trucks.

Nope just doesn't fit with my build anymore. Going to post my build tomorrow. Its shredding T4. Sometimes single target taking down of rift guardians takes a while but I'm invincible ;)

dralla

Has anyone gotten the rift that looks like a cartoon? I just got it and I was quite surprised. Teddy bears and cupcakes and rainbows...

My shield rune is the cross. Damage wise it's not great but damn if it isn't fun.

nikos

Has anyone gotten the rift that looks like a cartoon? I just got it and I was quite surprised. Teddy bears and cupcakes and rainbows...

My shield rune is the cross. Damage wise it's not great but damn if it isn't fun.

Some guy opened it up for me yesterday. Best level in the game. Wish I had the staff to open it.

Laconic

Banned
Really getting frustated with my Monk, can't seme to pass the 200k DPS mark and if I go to Torment I get killed easily, I got http://eu.battle.net/d3/es/item/blackthornes-duncraig-cross that instead of a Sumwuku one, makes no sense to me.

I just sent you that RoRG.

Get yourself EQ'd with a couple of Auglid pieces (chest/helm, depending on your other gear, and shoulders), and a couple of Cain pieces (gloves because they roll both crit stats well, and either boots or pants), and go to town. :)

zou

Correct. You can equip multiple hatred spenders and the turrets will use them all...without using hatred.

Yeah I had a super fun Cluster Arrow build with a cindercoat and 120% fire damage and could melt anything on T4-T5 in seconds but the DH fragility was holding me back. So I turned into a turret spawn and run around with smoke screen dodging shit and rarely ever shoot things with my bow.

It's just a fact that most classes only have a 1 or 2 builds that can do T6 efficiently (this may have changed with 2.1) so the more you progress the less options you have for build & gear diversity.

ah cool, thanks.

If only there was a way to farm for specific items like in d2. everything being random is frustrating and killing my enjoyment quite a bit.

People have actually time to see who's nemesis their fighting? I've always had at least one other elite pack with the nemesis, and am just focusing on surviving the battle.

Takes me 4-5 hits to kill a nemesis, so yeah :)

Would be awesome!

I got plenty of gems to spare, if you still need them.

Recall

I've hit that point that I can clear T2 rifts quite comfortably but don't understand why I'm grinding it out. It is not as if we have seasons on console so I'm not sure what my end game target is.

Yes I have good gear but so what, I gear up to solo T6 then what? I think its time to simply get another to 70 as the journey is way more fun.

I just can't play online anymore. It keeps saying it can't access the server. What should I do? Xbl works and all other games work. I can see "online friends" but it says I'm "local only" and I can't join anyone's game...

BibiMaghoo

So I got this game on PS4 yesterday, and put it on at about 4PM for a game of local with my partner.

We stopped playing at 1AM.

This game is great. Local is excellent, my only complaint being having to take turns to shop and inventory as it takes the entire screen. That's it. Glad I bought it, anyone on the fence should do the same.

olimpia84

I finally hit a wall yesterday playing the main story mode solo. Act V on Master difficulty was kicking my ass so I had to jump online to get some help from randoms and it worked out pretty well.

DTSAirmaN

Banned
I've been a Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 PC player my whole life... is there anyone who played the PC version, yet switched over to PS4? Just curious... chilling on the couch playing D3 sounds very enticing vs. a computer chair. Heh.

cakely

I've been a Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 PC player my whole life... is there anyone who played the PC version, yet switched over to PS4? Just curious... chilling on the couch playing D3 sounds very enticing vs. a computer chair. Heh.

That's me. I put about 150 hours into PC diablo (before RoS and AH removal) and now I've gone to the PS4 version. Thanks to local play (online not required), local multiplayer, the Nemesis system, and the mail system I'm pretty sure the current gen console version I feel like Diablo: UEE is definitive version of D3.

mstevens

I've had the craziest last few days.

Started with basically nothing except a pretty good weapon and shield, now I have a RROG, 3 Akkan pieces (still need chest and helm), 2 Aughilds, and a basically perfect Amulet. Can do Torment 3 pretty efficiently.

It's crazy how you can plateau for a bit, but once you bust past it, the game gets so fun again.

Audioboxer

I've had the craziest last few days.

Started with basically nothing except a pretty good weapon and shield, now I have a RROG, 3 Akkan pieces (still need chest and helm), 2 Aughilds, and a basically perfect Amulet. Can do Torment 3 pretty efficiently.

It's crazy how you can plateau for a bit, but once you bust past it, the game gets so fun again.

Yeah end game can be brutal on your patience at times... but it's oh so satisfying even if you can just squeeze another few thousand out of your overall DPS :p

The gems I was kindly sent earlier finally got me off 799k and into the 800's. I'll post my build later, doesn't seem to be one many crusaders use? Relies on crit, and major spam of blessed shield through the weapon/shield combo that allow no wrath usage. Akkhans as well obviously, that buff is just pure steroids.

mstevens

Yeah end game can be brutal on your patience at times... but it's oh so satisfying even if you can just squeeze another few thousand out of your overall DPS :p

The gems I was kindly sent earlier finally got me off 799k and into the 800's. I'll post my build later, doesn't seem to be one many crusaders use? Relies on crit, and major spam of blessed shield through the weapon/shield combo that allow no wrath usage. Akkhans as well obviously, that buff is just pure steroids.

Nice man, congrats on 800k. It feels good to get to the next hundred thousand. I was stuck at 700ish for a long time, but I'm up to 930k I think plus the new set bonuses. Still have some room to improve with this gear by upgrading a few gems.

Love the paragon levels also... Even if it just upgrades a tiny DPS or survivability at a time, at least I'm doing *something* while not getting drops :p

Audioboxer

Nice man, congrats on 800k. It feels good to get to the next hundred thousand. I was stuck at 700ish for a long time, but I'm up to 930k I think plus the new set bonuses. Still have some room to improve with this gear by upgrading a few gems.

Love the paragon levels also... Even if it just upgrades a tiny DPS or survivability at a time, at least I'm doing *something* while not getting drops :p

Yeah Paragons are useful, I switched from armour to resist all as I actually found resist all increased my overall armour more (I load all my points into one chosen buff).

I'm doing T4 absolutely fine and have been even at 799k, and 742k before that I think it was. Time to finally go to T5 I think! Shortly I'll post my build again and GAF can scrutinize.

Spamming blessed shield with the split rune and 6 split on your shield is just nuts. I don't think I'll get the sound of the shields hitting enemies out of my head for years, absolute madness onscreen with packs.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Clocked over 1000 hours in the PC versions of D3, plus probably the same amount across D1 and D2. I'm a firm believer that the console version is superior now though. The belief that "Diablo is a PC game" that I've held for the last decade is over.

Yeah Paragons are useful, I switched from armour to resist all as I actually found resist all increased my overall armour more (I load all my points into one chosen buff).
Armor and resistances are designed to give diminishing returns the higher they go, so you can never get 100% damage reduction.

As such, focusing too heavily on one or the other is less efficient than keeping them balanced.

Audioboxer

Clocked over 1000 hours in the PC versions of D3, plus probably the same amount across D1 and D2. I'm a firm believer that the console version is superior now though. The belief that "Diablo is a PC game" that I've held for the last decade is over.

Console is superior to play on, but PC will always be superior overall given it's clear all patches will come to it first, some with exclusive features and we have no idea how long we need to wait on console.

Is cheating not handled better on PC as well, or is it just as bad? I'm not talking some duping of legit items, full on hacked items and such.

Armor and resistances are designed to give diminishing returns the higher they go, so you can never get 100% damage reduction.

As such, focusing too heavily on one or the other is less efficient than keeping them balanced.

Good to know!

DTSAirmaN

Banned
That's me. I put about 150 hours into PC diablo (before RoS and AH removal) and now I've gone to the PS4 version. Thanks to local play (online not required), local multiplayer, the Nemesis system, and the mail system I'm pretty sure the current gen console version I feel like Diablo: UEE is definitive version of D3.

Thanks guys... close to biting.

Audioboxer

Thanks guys... close to biting.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom